Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,970 members, 7,838,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? (2567 Views)

Celebrities Who Stepped Out In Matching Outfits With Their Kids / Guys, Has A Girl Ever Wooed You, Share Your Experiences / What Is The Most Painful Thing A Guy/girl Ever Said To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by mamalola19: 12:23am On Jan 24, 2012
It has never happened to me but I would leave the man for my girlfriend. I can't drag a man with my friend is a shame. I will leave him. If she is wise she would leave with me and not go behind to meet him. share your experience or what you would do under that circumstance.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by KateSpade(f): 12:28am On Jan 24, 2012
Yes,
One of my friends met my bf and she didn't like him. Told him I should dump him, and then proceeded to recommend men she was friends who and who she thought I should be interested in. I can't break up with someone just because a friend wants me to. And this isnt the first time she has tried to get her friends to break up with their bfs/gfs if they dont have her approval. If everyone in my life hated him, it would be a diff story. long story short. Still got my bf and my friend.

Also had an old bf told me that he hated my friends and that I should stop beings friends with them. Clearly, I had known the friends for over 8 yrs and only dated this guy for 2 months at that time. Told him to get over it, he did.

I dont take ultimatums.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by mamalola19: 12:36am On Jan 24, 2012
KateSpade:

Yes,
One of my friends met my bf and she didn't like him. Told him I should dump him, and then proceeded to recommend men she was friends who and who she thought I should be interested in. I can't break up with someone just because a friend wants me to. And this isnt the first time she has tried to get her friends to break up with their bfs/gfs if they dont have her approval. If everyone in my life hated him, it would be a diff story. long story short. Still got my bf and my friend.

Also had an old bf told me that he hated my friends and that I should stop beings friends with them. Clearly, I had known the friends for over 8 yrs and only dated this guy for 2 months at that time. Told him to get over it, he did.

I dont take ultimatums.

Ok good you seem firm which is nice. I like the way you write.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by iice(f): 4:38am On Jan 24, 2012
No. I'm not that subtle with things i do and don't do, if i'm contemplating a relationship (of whatever kind) with people. You take me as I am or move on and vice versa.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by freecocoa(f): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2012
NO. The way I present myself, I never see the man or friend that would ask me to leave a friend and vice versa. You don't give me orders,I make that very obvious from the start.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by drnoel: 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2012
KateSpade:

Yes,
One of my friends met my bf and she didn't like him. Told him I should dump him, and then proceeded to recommend men she was friends who and who she thought  I should be interested in. I can't break up with someone just because a friend wants me to.  And this isnt the first time she has tried to get her friends to break up with their bfs/gfs if they dont have her approval. If everyone in my life hated him, it would be a diff story. long story short. Still got my bf and my friend.

I dont take ultimatums.

It depends. B4 I got hitched I didn't like must of my girlfriend's (now my wife) friends. We had some misunderstanding about it then and later settled it. Ya, she said she's known them b4 she met me and all but as human being we don't see everything around us. Sometimes its people around us that points things out b4 we realize that they must be right. Anyway, she realized the ladies were not her true friends when some of them started getting at her and one of them asked her if she won't mind sharing me. That really freaked her out. She cut most of them out then. Much to my relief.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by slimyem: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2012
once had a bf who didnt like about three of my friends.
He had his own wrong and silly opinion of them.
He never got in-between nothing anyways.didnt give him that privilege.
While those friends he condemned remain my true friends till date,he faded into my past long ago.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by KateSpade(f): 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2012
drnoel:

It depends. B4 I got hitched I didn't like must of my girlfriend's (now my wife) friends. We had some misunderstanding about it then and later settled it. Ya, she said she's known them b4 she met me and all but as human being we don't see everything around us. Sometimes its people around us that points things out b4 we realize that they must be right. Anyway, she realized the ladies were not her true friends when some of them started getting at her and one of them asked her if she won't mind sharing me. That really freaked her out. She cut most of them out then. Much to my relief.

I understand. It does help to have someone else's opinion who is not involved in the friendship. And I have distanced myself a little from the friends who seem so adamant on spreading rumors or trying to act as if they are in the relationship with me and my bf.
Re: Has A Guy Or Girl Ever Come Between You And Your Friend? Who Stepped Down? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
it all depends on the issue at hand. many people are so blinded by love etc that they have difficulties accepting/seeing the facts that are RIGHT THERE in front of their eyes. so sometimes a "friend" will have to biatch slap you in the face and let you know that your BF/GF is NOT right for you etc etc. thats what friends are for, they are honest and MUST always be. the choice will be yours to either stick with your partner or listen to your friends but at least they would have warned you of the dangers.

btw i am talking about REAL friends, that know you (in and out) for MANY MANY yrs, not some acquaintances that you just met some few weeks ago.

as for gf/bf getting in the way of your friendship, it's a tough one and you have to find the right balance. . . . . . . . . but one thing is certain: if a partner asks you to drop your friends for her (because of her insecurities or whatever) then he/she has no business being with you. sadly, many are so desperate to get married at all cost that they will drop all their friends (if asked by their partner) and become miserable when they have NO ONE CLOSE to turn to after marriage.

(1) (Reply)

A Message To All Guys / 10 Outrageous Lies Ladies Tell Guys / Married Lady Tweets Ex "I Miss You" On Twitter .... See How Ex Replied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.