Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx - Nairaland / General (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx (79774 Views)

Next Time You Want To Insult Your Mom,she Went Through This For U (picture) / Man Went Naked Over Fuel Issue (picture) / Please Help Nairalander With Your Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Luchitec(m): 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2012
May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by obelisk(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2012
Another victim of our poor healthcare system.

RIP Perx

You were brave to the end!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 04, 2012
obelisk:

Another victim of our poor healthcare system.

no. actually having now read about her medical problems, they didnt really have a prayer. The condition has no cure. However i think the dystonia could have been managed much earlier to avoid the limb fractures. It must have started with the foot sprain in 2007.
Wow. It is an eye-opener on how vulnerable each and everyone of us truly is as humans. May the Lord help us.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
coma after surgery? Some doctor wasnt paying attention to the possibility of internal bleeding and blood clot formation.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by pslm23(f): 4:19pm On Mar 04, 2012
davidylan:

coma after surgery? Some doctor wasnt paying attention to the possibility of internal bleeding and blood clot formation.

my sentiments exactly,  not to mention infection! A doctor or nurse did not pay attention. There are signs and symptoms before someone falls into a coma post surgery! This makes me so angry at how our hospitals in Nigeria especially teaching hospitals, do not pay attention!

Rest perfectly in peace PERX! You are in heaven now, a better pain free place now.

This video is posted in memory of you PERX! The wind beneath our wings! You will be missed! http://youtu.be/Dq0llrCYtCQ
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Otses(f): 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 04, 2012
This happened post surgery? did they give her anything post surgery like IV AB's and anticoagulants like directly immediately after surgery? goshhhhhhhhhhhhh what is this?
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2012
Did she die from heamorrhage? ify update us biko
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by pslm23(f): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 4:55pm On Mar 04, 2012
Please, let us not try to find fault with the medical team. When a soul bears too much pain, it desires to leave the body that gives it so much pain. I am sure they tried their best and Perx tried hers too. Let us accept that she lived a good life, gave all she had and went to the great beyond when God decided. I beg you not to play the blame-game.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
^^^^^It is very natural darling, the "what if" is part of the grieving process.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by nairafan: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
RIP Perx.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Dawdy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
So sad!
Death is inevitable, Do Good while being Alive.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by isalegan2: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Please, let us not try to find fault with the medical team. When a soul bears too much pain, it desires to leave the body that gives it so much pain. I am sure they tried their best and Perx tried hers too. Let us accept that she lived a good life, gave all she had and went to the great beyond when God decided. I beg you not to play the blame-game.

shocked shocked shocked  You're a terrific guy.  But, I disagree with the above.  If you've ever been in hospital, recovering from surgery (in Nigeria or abroad!), you know how easily a doctor/nurse's negligence can put your life in danger.  I am not saying anyone did anything wrong, but it is worth a review. People have to be held accountable for their action towards others in their care.  sad  I'll leave it at that for now, since people are still giving their regards to sister Perx.

BTW, there was a picture posted of the hospital room where Perx's arm was visible and I was taken aback by red marks (her veins?) up and down it.  I wanted to ask about that condition but decided not to spotlight it.  I guess we should have known just how bad things were then.  sad

This is for Ivynwa, Idowuogbo, Freechocolate. . . 
I hope Perx would like it too.  *Waves*

[flash=380,260]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyZ0C1rIUBM[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyZ0C1rIUBM
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by emofine2(f): 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
shocked rip sad
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by oladayo042: 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2012
RIP Perx
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by violent(m): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2012
@ perx, my brother in law had the same issue. He wanted to do the hip replacement surgery in Nigeria but when he was in the hospital, the guy that entered before him never woke up. He had to leave and go the UK for it. He has done it and it lenghtened the leg in the sense that the hip had kinda slanted so was straightened out now. He is walking with just a slight limp and praising God for His deliverance. He had to save for some number of years before he could afford it and when the pain became too unbearable.

Just saw this somewhere, and then i began thinking, could we have done more?  was i being selfish parting away with very little part of my earnings in donations and then convincing myself that was enough?  would i have done a lot more if she were a close relative?
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by freecocoa(f): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
violent:

Just saw this somewhere, and then i began thinking, could we have done more?  was i being selfish parting away with very little part of my earnings in donations and then convincing myself that was enough?  would i have done a lot more if she were a close relative?  
Some people promised me they'd help,i was supposed to collect the money this week and pay it in,i was still rallying to get more people to help and just like a bad dream this,we all wanted her to be well again but I'm yet to understand what happened,Perx never sounded like she'd die so soon,mehn why am i not understanding this?am i daft or what?

Isale babe mehn I still don't get.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2012
Isale we nearly had it all oo,ha babe na Whitney u post give we ni

Dis is torture,Perx I wanna stop crying but d tears keep coming.

Dr moi moi hmmm do u understand dis? Do u?

U guys were all smiling in the last pics Ceasyc posted nau,was it plastic?

U wrote a letter earlier referring her abroad dat u couldn't treat her,y do dis 2 me? How dare you cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Its simply a warning. My uncle had an accident in Nigeria and came out without a scratch. Of course the Naija doctors simply gave him a quick physical and discharged him without as much as a full body scan. Dude collapsed 2 days later with cranial bleeding and had to be rushed to the UK for an operation. He survived ONLY because he is quite well-off and works as a director for the stock exchange who footed the entire bill to charter an air ambulance.

Unfortunately the poor bear the inordinate brunt of poor medical facilities in nigeria. too bad.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by freecocoa(f): 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Isale we nearly had it all oo,ha babe na Whitney u post give we ni

Dis is torture,Perx I wanna stop crying but d tears keep coming.

Dr moi moi hmmm do u understand dis? Do u?

U guys were all smiling in the last pics Ceasyc posted nau,was it plastic?

U wrote a letter earlier referring her abroad dat u couldn't treat her,y do dis 2 me? How dare you cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

NDIDIAMAKA my very own paddy,can we really endure the pains of this one?Babe wetin you say make i do na?i want to tell you to stop but honestly paddy i can't find the words cos I'm literally crying typing this,e still dey do me like film,babe i been dey ginger my campaign voice o,when you tell me to add swagger for campaign babe i siddon dey brainstorm to write swaggerlicious lyrics for our campaign o,abi i no shout reach?I'm ready to bring down roofs with my voice\typing now just so that our yellow mango will come and say "idowu and cocoa you guys are awesome" again,chai.

Badosky i want this to all go away,idowu did she tell you she was leaving?she didn't tell me o,I was waiting for her to come and laugh about the picture of the present i posted for her on her b'day instead na segun message i come see,okay o,no wahala sha i go try bear am but i swear its hard,paddy e dey pain me.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by success4(m): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2012
What a sad day!hmmmm, may God keep your family. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

PS: May God punish all our leaders that fail to provide us all needed
amenities. I don't believe thet did not hear or see the problem of
PERX on NL angry angry sad
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by manny4life(m): 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
OMG, I cannot believe this, this is really breaking my heart, Perx, may your soul rest in peace.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Enosa1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
I pray God to grant her rest. Very sad.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Gboliwe: 8:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
I thought staying away from nairaland a couple of hours will ease the painful shock, but alas, I still ache.
Couldnt go to church, got everybody around me worried and fussing over me. When I told them it was the death of an online acquaintance, a girl who was helpless but very hopeful who eventually had help they couldnt understand it. It hurts me so bad. I know my disability is nothing compared to hers but I could have been a closer friend who would cheer, encourage and cry with her. I feel i failed her. I am comforted though that many others reached out to her in love.
TeHN would in subsequent projects please give us a number to reach the patient. I know some cruel minds may take advantage of this and abuse the privacy but the idea is that the patient would always be expectant each time his phone beeps. Being hopeful/expectant can help psychologically and keep body apiece.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by initialize(m): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2012
@Perx

Rest in Peace where you will feel no pain no more. God loves you best
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by oobim(m): 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2012
i never read about perx,but reading d comments here have left me crying for over 30 minutes.may GOD bless those who stood by her.time is a great healer,u shal al heal wit time.RIP PERX!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
Jenny,I wish I could say it was all a joke,the lady held on tight and for soooo long.There is no right time to die but i can't help but ask,whynow ?

@Isale-gan,those are NOT varicose veins.She attempted suicide twice,with kitchen knife.Those are marks of twice foiled suicide attempts.

@Gboliwe,she needed her privacy,told us so repeatedly so we had to respect that.Have you stopped to think of the scenario were 20 nlders gets hold of her number just to send her sms?It would beat the purpose and ofcourse become a sweet nuisance.

@Topic,lots of "what if's " racing through my mind,how did it happen,why?why?why?
Perx,is this the lagos clubbing we agreed on?is this how to be an in-law?the secrets of eating so much but still keep fit you promised me?

Fare thee well beautiful one.You've held on for long and im consoled that its goodbye to pains henceforth.

Adieu Egbe.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by tlops(m): 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2012
^rip!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ayox2003: 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
Was reading one of her posts last month when she was lamenting on the death of the patient opposite her bed.
We shall find no rest, till we rest in peace. Adieu.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by darne(m): 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2012
RIP Perx We`ll Miss You But God Loves You more,, RIP cry cry
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by saudatu(m): 10:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
rest in peace. Sister

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply)

Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos) / The True Story Of The Boy Buried Alive Inside Brick Walls Of Old House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.