Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx - Nairaland / General (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx (79778 Views)

Next Time You Want To Insult Your Mom,she Went Through This For U (picture) / Man Went Naked Over Fuel Issue (picture) / Please Help Nairalander With Your Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by snthesis(m): 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
r231:

[size=14pt]. . . And She Went Home: RIP Perx[/size]

[b]Dear Nairalanders,

With heavy hearts but total submission to the will of God almighty we regret to announce the passing of our friend, colleague and sister, Princess E. Egbe aka PERX.

If you would recall, TeHN sent the sum of N340,021 to her couple of weeks ago to pay for her operation which she said she decided to do in UBTH even though we had already arranged alternative for her with a new Doctor whom we had already booked flight for to go examine her in Benin after her old Doctor in UBTH said he can't operate her in Nigeria. We acceded to her wish, prayed for her and asked everyone to pray for her too.

She acknowledged receipt of the money on this thread, briefed us on the preliminary outcome of the operation and shared pictures taken to mark her birthday with us. We were all happy for her and continued praying for her. That was last week Saturday, Feb 25.

To continue with our regular monitoring of her health, we sent her a mail on Tuesday to ask about how she was faring, post-operation. When we did not get any response, our Chief Field Worker, Ifyalways, decided to call her phone yesterday but got no response, prompting her to send an sms just to ask how she's doing.

Few minutes later, about 5:10pm yesterday(March 2), the kid brother, who knew Ify because he was there when Ify visited on verification in January, used Perx's phone to beep Ify. Ify called back and the news was broken to her: Perx fell into coma on Tuesday(Feb 28) and eventually died Thursday March 1. It was a rude shock to us when Ify broke the news to TeHN committee yesterday. We immediately called our contact in Edo state, Chelseabmw, to help confirm.

It was however too late for Chelsea to visit last night and so he visited today, returned to UBTH where he conversed with the same nurse as previous visit. She confirmed that Perx passed away on 1st March following a Coma.

We feel very sad to have lost Perx. We made every effort to save her but it is impossible to question God. We can only pray that she has gone to a better place to rest.

Special thanks to all the people that donated to the cause in any form and  to the people that were with us in prayers as well. To Chelsea, who visited on 3 separate occasions at very short notice, words cannot convey our appreciation.

We will update you of subsequent developments and next lines of action as we are still in constant communication with the family with regards to the funeral plans. We hope to send one or two delegates to the family at the appropriate time.

Adieu, Perx!

We love you but God loves you more.

- TeHN[/b]
1stly, I'd like to say R.I.P perx

Secondly, d manner of reporting the travails and eventual death is not professional as it creates doubt, and doubts messes up credibility.

From d writeup, all I can deduce are
1. Verification was carried out by Ify and chelsea, and it was done at the same hospital, the two links btw TEHN and perx, were d bro and nurse, and both were also responsible in announcing her death.

2. Cause of death wasn't disclosed- all dat is written is she fell into a coma and died.

3. Who verified that the 1st surgery was carried out - I'm willing to bet it was d bro or d same nurse.

4. Why would a Dr Balogun claim d initial scans sent by perx were fake.

5. Does anyone hav contact details of perx other than d hospital addy, and was it ever confirmed, cos all I read was chelsea goin to d hospital and meeting d same nurse to confirm d death.

From the report summary, things don't add up, in other to avoid d casting of doubts, d verification process should be crystal clear, same applies to her"death". Its wat we call "lesson learnt" in other not to make d same mistakes twice. How could her "death" have been avoided if the cause of death is left to speculation.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
^Oga, it might take months but I am sure most of the details will come-out. That is why I said this is not the time or place to play the blame-game.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
snthesis:

Secondly, d manner of reporting the travails and eventual death is not professional as it creates doubt, and doubts messes up credibility.

1. Verification was carried out by Ify and chelsea, and it was done at the same hospital, the two links btw TEHN and perx, were d bro and nurse, and both were also responsible in announcing her death.

2. Cause of death wasn't disclosed- all dat is written is she fell into a coma and died.

3. Who verified that the 1st surgery was carried out - I'm willing to bet it was d bro or d same nurse.

5. Does anyone hav contact details of perx other than d hospital addy, and was it ever confirmed, cos all I read was chelsea goin to d hospital and meeting d same nurse to confirm d death.

From the report summary, things don't add up, in other to avoid d casting of doubts, d verification process should be crystal clear, same applies to her"death". Its wat we call "lesson learnt" in other not to make d same mistakes twice. How could her "death" have been avoided if the cause of death is left to speculation.

Mr man report to base , it b like say u chop shark dis morning angry angry angry

I am waiting @ d usual. wink
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by hildaa(f): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
R.I.P Perx
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by FBS: 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
Rest in Peace! Perx!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by agiboma(f): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
chaircover:

Lets channel this grief into something tangible. Does anyone know how much these automatic monitoring machines cost; the ones that do the o2 sats, bp's etc? I believe that we can buy a few in her name and give them to hospitals. Our dear perx has gone, but her death wont be in vain. She loved people and she was loved and I know that she wouldn't want anyone to go through what she went through so lets do something in her memory that will benefit other people in her position.

Rest in Peace sweetie. You were one of the bravest people that I have come across in my life and without you realising it you have brought hope to so many.

You can get them from China they are reliable and relatively cheap about 25-40 USD per 02 sat machine
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
Synthesis which doubts?She never existed,she wasn't sick or she didnt die which please.

To make it clearer:
The first visit was at Perx's house not hospital.

We engaged a different doctor from 'The lagoon hospital' Ikeja.He corresponded with Perx(and us) till 2 days to the day she went in for admission to UBTH.

We are but strangers trying to help and there are boundaries,you can't get over bearing just because you want to help.Family said she went into coma and died 2 days later.We can't pry further than that,sorry.Most of our relatives die daily and all we get is "he collapsed at the hospital".

There was a case of wrong labelling on 1 of the scan,i think the left femur.The doctor @ Lagoon hospital saw all the X-rays and scan.He made mention of wrong labbelling.Right was labelled as left or vice versa.

We visited Perx at home.I have her home address with me.

Lastly we'd be there at the funeral and if possible upload some pictures. . .
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2012
Synthesis which doubts?She never existed,she wasn't sick or she didnt die which please.

To make it clearer:
The first visit was at Perx's house not hospital.

We engaged a different doctor from 'The lagoon hospital' Ikeja.He corresponded with Perx(and us) till 2 days to the day she went in for admission to UBTH.

We are but strangers trying to help and there are boundaries,you can't get over bearing just because you want to help.Family said she went into coma and died 2 days later.We can't pry further than that,sorry.Most of our relatives die daily and all we get is "he collapsed at the hospital".

There was a case of wrong labelling on 1 of the scan,i think the left femur.The doctor @ Lagoon hospital saw all the X-rays and scan.He made mention of wrong labbelling.Right was labelled as left or vice versa.

We visited Perx at home.I have her home address with me.

Lastly we'd be there at the funeral and if possible upload some pictures. . .
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by oiseworld: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
sleep well sis. We love you but God loves you more.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by armyofone(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
if only an autopsy could be done to find out what happened so they avoid such in the future.

it is sad, when someone is dead in nigeria, case closed. not supposed to be so.

RIP Perx.
God bless you all Ify. Let the family know they are in our thoughts and prayers.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by OAM4J: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
snthesis:

5. Does anyone hav contact details of perx other than d hospital addy, and was it ever confirmed, cos all I read was chelsea goin to d hospital and meeting d same nurse  to confirm d death.

1. The 1st verification was at her house carried out by Ifyalways and chelseabmw, we have some pictures of the visit on this thread. It was weeks after we started raising funds for her that she was admitted at UBTH, After her admission, chelseabmw went to UBTH for confirmation and he also went to the hospital after we got a phone call that she died from her family to confirm
2. Sir we do not even have the power to demand the cause of death, we are limited to what the hospital pass to the Family and what the family decides to share with us. This is Nigeria.
3. She told us herself and even posted some pictures on Nairaland after the surgery.
4. According to the information we got, the x-ray scanned-copy sent to Dr Balogun was scanned upside down, so there were some misunderstanding between them.
5. Yes we know Perx home, and we are in touch with her family members, both the younger and elder brothers.

We never claim to be professionals or have any social work experience. We are just people interested in offering help to those we believe are genuinely in need. This is about the 2nd case we are handling.

You might need to read the whole thread from start to get all the details

Thanks.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2012
Btw,I don't get your "lesson learnt" part.Who is that for?Perx or Tehn ?

We contacted a new doctor but Perx insisted on her old doctor so what would we have done?Stop helping her cos she went where her heart lies or impose our doctor on him?and what would have happened if she died there(at the lagoon) ?You think the family would forgive us?You Synthesis would have been the first to come here and rant about Tehn playing god etal.

Perx is dead,the family are no fools.If they decide on letting go,who are we to probe for autopsy etal?On what grounds do we go after the doctor?as family or what?
I think i would just ignore that your post.Its not worth a second glance.SMH
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Jarus(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
As a member of TeHN, actively involved in the background activities and knowing the discomfort we went through on this case, I take serious exception to your post above, synthesis. It is very uncharitable.

First, we did not publicly announce Perx's death until more than 24 hours after we heard all in order to confirm. Chelseabmw risked his life to drive from Ekpoma to Benin to go confirm at the hospital. We spoke with perx's  brother through her phone(the regular phone we spoke with Perx) and he broke the news to us. Yet, we didn't publicize it until 24 hours later, just because we wanted to confirm ourselves. Or you want all TeHN members to travel from Lagos to Benin before we can report 'credibly'?

If you followed this thread well, not just bumping in now, you will know that we had reported that we had sent Chelsea to visit her post-surgery. The death confirmation visit was the 3rd time he visited.

How do you expect us to know the cause of the death other than what we were told by her family and nurse? And you think we will report her demise in one week if we wanted to get to the very bottom of the cause before reporting?
What else do you want us to do, Mr credible and professional reporter?

I wrote as Nairalander Jarus, not necessarily the official response of TeHN to your diatribe, because I think people deserve some appreciation and understanding even in voluntary works.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by snthesis(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2012
@Ifyalways and OAM4J
i am really glad at the maturity you handled my questions, i didnt do it to cause a stir, rather i asked in other to ascertain that the appropriate steps were carried out and i appreciate that you did dat. Kudos to you Ify and the TEHN crew, for going the extra mile in d verification process.

in regards to the lessons learnt by her death- what i wanted to find out was d cause of death- if it was due to negligence by the hospital, it shouldnt die down and the appropriate actions need to be carried out on the operating doctor/hospital (this is beyond the scope of TEHN i guess) but it can serve as a warning to other people to steer clear of UBTH. thanks
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Jarus(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
No problems. But you could have asked in a better way, rather than dismissing our reports as 'unprofessional and raising questions on credibility'
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by snthesis(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
Jarus:

As a member of TeHN, actively involved in the background activities and knowing the discomfort we went through on this case, I take serious exception to your post above, synthesis. It is very uncharitable.

First, we did not publicly announce Perx's death until more than 24 hours after we heard all in order to confirm. Chelseabmw risked his life to drive from Ekpoma to Benin to go confirm at the hospital. We spoke with perx's  brother through her phone(the regular phone we spoke with Perx) and he broke the news to us. Yet, we didn't publicize it until 24 hours later, just because we wanted to confirm ourselves. Or you want all TeHN members to travel from Lagos to Benin before we can report 'credibly'?

If you followed this thread well, not just bumping in now, you will know that we had reported that we had sent Chelsea to visit her post-surgery. The death confirmation visit was the 3rd time he visited.

How do you expect us to know the cause of the death other than what we were told by her family and nurse? And you think we will report her demise in one week if we wanted to get to the very bottom of the cause before reporting?
What else do you want us to do, Mr credible and professional reporter?

I wrote as Nairalander Jarus, not necessarily the official response of TeHN to your diatribe, because I think people deserve some appreciation and understanding even in voluntary works.  

@Jarus,
i can understand your point of view, what i did was to critic and the response i got from TEHN goes a long way in validating its credibility. its nothing personal, just making sure the whole world sees TEHN did its homework. shikena. its a dirty job but sum1 has to do it.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by snthesis(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
Jarus:

No problems. But you could have asked in a better way, rather than dismissing our reports as 'unprofessional and raising questions on credibility'
i apologise for that as well, i started reading from the homepage link on her death, before i made my comment.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
^yellow boi u berra postrate b4 I add my own, cus I dey boil ooo angry
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by parislomo(f): 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2012
May her gentle soul rest in peace (Amen).

Never knew you Perx, but through your death I've come to see a humane side of NLers.

I'm really touched by the efforts shown on NL (I've been away for a long while and it gladdens <for lack of a better word> my heart to see strangers reaching out to help), may God bless everyone who was involved in this project.

A o ni fi iru e san o
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Harbb: 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
May her soul RIP
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by anonimi: 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
chaircover:

Lets channel this grief into something tangible. Does anyone know how much these automatic monitoring machines cost; the ones that do the o2 sats, bp's etc? I believe that we can buy a few in her name and give them to hospitals. Our dear perx has gone, but her death wont be in vain. She loved people and she was loved and I know that she wouldn't want anyone to go through what she went through so lets do something in her memory that will benefit other people in her position.

Rest in Peace sweetie. You were one of the bravest people that I have come across in my life and without you realising it you have brought hope to so many.

Thanks a lot chaircover for your very valuable comments.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by anonimi: 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2012
agiboma:

You can get them from China they are reliable and relatively cheap about 25-40 USD per 02 sat machine

Can TeHN please coordinate how we can get some and donate to UBTH in her memory.
That would be really nice and help others who might be in her situation.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
Please, can I make a request?
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by freecocoa(f): 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^I think they won't mind as far as you won't ask for a human head. wink
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
anonimi:

Can TeHN please coordinate how we can get some and donate to UBTH in her memory.
That would be really nice and help others who might be in her situation.
This is cool but:
Do we start another fund raising for this?
Would we just buy it,donate and move on?what assurance is there that it would be sold off?maintanace culture nko?What if its dumped somewhere,left to rust?

I think there are some others tings we can do in Perx's memory.

Just thinking out loud.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by anonimi: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
ifyalways:

This is cool but:
Do we start another fund raising for this?

Yes we can.
I will be more than willing to donate to such a good, memorable cause.

Would we just buy it,donate and move on?what assurance is there that it would be sold off?maintanace culture nko?What if its dumped somewhere,left to rust?

We would have done our part as fellow Nigerians to save others who might find themselves in Perx' situation in the future. Just as we did in helping Perx.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
freecocoa:

^^I think they won't mind as far as you won't ask for a human head. wink

Nice to see that you can now crack a joke, that's good. Now my request:

I know for a fact that Perx felt indebted to her brother who was her primary care-giver whilst she was alive because she told me so. She said she paid a little stipend into his account monthly when she could (where or how she got the money, I don't know and didn't ask). I was just thinking that it would be nice to do something for this brother of Perx's. I think it would be in part a fulfillment of what she wished to do whilst she was alive. I have no ideas on what exactly we should do for him and welcome suggestions in that regard if the house thinks my request is worth it.

Please Note: I don't know this Perx's brother in any shape, manner or form and I have never communicated with him not even an "A'. Thank you.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by freecocoa(f): 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
maclatunji:

I know for a fact that Perx felt indebted to her brother who was her primary care-giver whilst she was alive because she told me so. She said she paid a little stipend into his account monthly when she could (where or how she got the money, I don't know and didn't ask). I was just thinking that it would be nice to do something for this brother of Perx's. I think it would be in part a fulfillment of what she wished to do whilst she was alive. I have no ideas on what exactly we should do for him and welcome suggestions in that regard if the house thinks my request is worth it.

Please Note: I don't know this Perx's brother in any shape, manner or form and I have never communicated with him not even an "A'. Thank you.
Yes o Tunji,it has sunk in that yellow mango perx bebe won't want me to remain sad and keep crying so its best to go back to the me who she thought was awesome and liked,btw i support this idea of yours cos it sounds great but if a better one comes up then i go change base.
grin tongue

@Anonimi,are we talking of the same UBTH where perx was admitted?not to be rude or anything but abeg just forget that one,as far as I'm concerned my one kobo is not going to that hospital,just why should it sef?abeg the mention that hospital is vexing me.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
maclatunji:

Tunji I have always had Perx's brother in mind b4 she passed away,I spoke to sum1 in Tehn when they visited Perx to organise at least something tangible for the brother on top  of Perx's monthly allowance to motivate his spirit and kindness.I am guessing funds were not enough to set aside anything for him,IMO we as individuals can show love to him without involving TEHN sha.Let me no wotcha tink  wink
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Tunji I have always had Perx's brother in mind b4 she passed away,I spoke to sum1 in Tehn when they visited Perx to organise at least something tangible for the brother on top  of Perx's monthly allowance to motivate his spirit and kindness.I am guessing funds were not enough to set aside anything for him,IMO we as individuals can show love to him without involving TEHN sha.Let me no wotcha tink  wink

ID, it is the idea that counts for me not the vehicle through which it is realized.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2012
^Okay Sir

Present Sir

Tick my name na tongue cheesy
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:

^Okay Sir

Present Sir

Tick my name na tongue cheesy

Just for the record, I am not seeking to create anything here, just trying to honour a late friend's wishes. I would really like Ifyalways/ChelseaBMW's thoughts on this. They have met the brother in person.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (41) (Reply)

Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos) / The True Story Of The Boy Buried Alive Inside Brick Walls Of Old House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.