Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx - Nairaland / General (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx (79619 Views)

Next Time You Want To Insult Your Mom,she Went Through This For U (picture) / Man Went Naked Over Fuel Issue (picture) / Please Help Nairalander With Your Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 04, 2012
Let's not get carried away by the pain of her death and cause even more pain for her loved ones. All this talk of review, apportioning of blame and whatnot will do nothing and I mean nothing other than protract the loss and hurt her family already feel.

Nobody will admit to anything, the administrators of UBTH will protect their own; it is Nigeria after all.

Given that NL members supported her in life, it's only right that we do not just stop because she's dead. She mentioned a brother who supported her a lot but I'm not sure if she had living parents (I didn't follow all of her posts). The worst possible thing that can befall a parent is the loss of a child; the confusion and loss of a loved one should not cause the unmindfulness of the support that should be provided to her family, ( I am sure they can do with more support right now).

Is there anything we can do as regards burial arrangements et al ?

I am so racked with guilt because I paid so little attention, now in retrospect feel like I did nothing to help a young woman!

Once again Perx, rest in peace.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2012
freecocoa:

NDIDIAMAKA my very own paddy,can we really endure the pains of this one?Babe wetin you say make i do na?i want to tell you to stop but honestly paddy i can't find the words cos I'm literally crying typing this,e still dey do me like film,babe i been dey ginger my campaign voice o,when you tell me to add swagger for campaign babe i siddon dey brainstorm to write swaggerlicious lyrics for our campaign o,abi i no shout reach?I'm ready to bring down roofs with my voice\typing now just so that our yellow mango will come and say "idowu and cocoa you guys are awesome" again,chai.

Badosky i want this to all go away,idowu did she tell you she was leaving?she didn't tell me o,I was waiting for her to come and laugh about the picture of the present i posted for her on her b'day instead na segun message i come see,okay o,no wahala sha i go try bear am but i swear its hard,paddy e dey pain me.

Dee beg mukina to wipe our collabo wiv her,I keep going back to read and read.

Perx always told me I made her laugh,y is she making me cry now.

I couldn't heal her but knowing I made her laugh meant a lot.

Something wasnt right but babe no b " Perx is gone" I wan hia na.

Was it Dr moi moi? Or d nurse dem abandon u ni?? Abeg tell ur Badosky now plzzzzz

Cheiiii my yellow mango  cry cry cry cry cry

@nj

Haaaa!

Burial ke? We didn't celebrate her bday na  cry
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
^
Forgive me sis, I am too practical at times.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by greall12(m): 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
rip
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 12:00am On Mar 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Dee beg mukina to wipe our collabo wiv her,I keep going back to read and read.

Perx always told me I made her laugh,y is she making me cry now.

I couldn't heal her but knowing I made her laugh meant a lot.

Something wasnt right but babe no b " Perx is gone" I wan hia na.

Was it Dr moi moi? Or d nurse dem abandon u ni?? Abeg tell ur Badosky now plzzzzz

Cheiiii my yellow mango  cry cry cry cry cry

@nj

Haaaa!

Burial ke? We didn't celebrate her bday na  cry

Sorry babe, but I kind of anticipated that someone would want the bolded to happen, I have Mukina2's word that no such thing will happen. You girls are proving to be inconsolable, please think of Ceasyc, she hasn't said a word here since Perx died. We all feel the pain but must seek to rise above it.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 05, 2012
i never knew u personally. Bt the two times i read about u, u brought me tears! First was wen i read abt the contribution on nairaland, I sheded tears. Deeeep in my mind, i wondered, how Nigerian youths of this generation could be united and caring! And now, the news of ur death brings me tears again! I forgive u perx, knowing that God gives and he takes, and seeing in resting in the bosom of Abraham gives me the strength to bear the loss. Nairaland Loves You Perx! We'll all miss u!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Fhemmmy: 12:32am On Mar 05, 2012
Pray that she will find peace . .RIP . .
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by tsmith(f): 2:12am On Mar 05, 2012
@ ALL, who think there is no need to ask questions or apportion blame, i beg to differ.

Ordinary hip replacement!!! I am no medics, but a number of recent occurrences around me has further exposed me to the field. With every surgery there is a risk of death, but the risks starts to dwindle post surgery and every extra minut e after. Perx had her surgery on d 22nd circa and went into a coma 28th ish??

Please note that a coma is one of the safest form of human preservation, that docs sometime induce a coma. Prior to her going into a coma, there would been tell tale signs, which normally shd v been detected if the patient was probably monitored. Let's for one moment imagine whateva caused the coma happened swiftly, but why did she still need to die from coma??

my grandma was in a coma at home for 3 weeks, we had a nurse with her 24/7, we decided to take her off ourselves coz the drip wasn't going to the right places, and moreover she was 95years. People v been known to be in comas for years, as much as 19years and still make full recovery. Worst case scenario with comas is the family is advised to turn off the life support because the possibility of brain activity death etc. My friend had a brain hemorrhage from child birth just 6 months ago,and was in a coma for 2 weeks so as u can imagine a I am speaking from extensive research and fresh experience. I thank God my friend is on the path to full recovery and know home with family.

Obviously, we cant overlook the fact that Nigeria has a failed healthcare system, so this is not a case of witchhunting at UBTH, but rather for all to seize the anguish and pain to demand for their basic rights from a failling society.

You see lots of Nigerian names as the best in many medical fields all over the world, they have had to seek green pastures in society that appreciates quality.

We have current thieves like Ibori stealing funds meant for the people that could safe a thousand Perxs, but yet it took the UK govt to successfully prosecute.

What of the churches, mosques etc. Afterall if you are collecting from the people in form of tithes and offerings and all sorts, you might as well take on the responsibility of the people, even Christ said give to Cesar's what belongs to Cesar.

See us seeking funds from doctors from beyond; what happened to writing to Dbanj, Don Jazzy, P square, or even 2 face. What are they all doing

IS it only when one is an Ojukwu or an Christy Igbokwe or a Yinka Craig or a Village headmaster that one should qualify for state/government sponsored healthcare or treatment??

Taking care of our brothers isn't anybody's job, it is everybody's job. It took a faceless community to give hope to Perx, do we know how many more Perx exist without the opportunity or access. Its sad that majority of us now are coming into the 35<age bracket when all sorts ailments are certain to start surfacing, its Perx today that the society/healthcare system Ash failed, who knows who next!

There is never a better thing to kickstart a crusade than in anguish and loss, Perx had died but she shouldn't die in vain. High time we all started to ask questions; question yourself, your government, your church/mosque etc. Question until you get answers!!!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 05, 2012
^^^ I agree. Last month we lost a family friend. This woman is in her 70's and her daughter happens to be our family pastor. She fell ill and was admitted into one hospital in Lagos, this woman drifted into coma after they commenced her on Iv fluids with glucose in it. Her daughter(the pastor) rang me up in the middle of the night and was tellin me about it, she was so concerned and was crying. I asked to speak to the doctor handling her mothers case and she told me she'd left the hospital but will be back there in the morning and when she gets there she will flash me. She got there alright and flashed me and I spoke to this stooopid doctor, asked him what he has done with her and what her diagnosis was, he told me typhoid. So I asked him what her observation were, he told me Bp and pulse. I was waiting for this man to continue but he stopped there, so I asked him "did you do a urinalysis on her and check her blood sugar level?" he said no and I was like why? He told me not to tell him what to do, honestly it as one of those days I wished I was in Nigeria. I told him to give the pastor woman the phone, when she got back on line I told her to act like a crazy woman and demand for A ward test to done on her mother. After she insisted they did it on her, her glucose was off the chart, they proceeded to check her blood sugar and there was no reading at all it came back with a "High" result.

To ur the long story short, his woman is a NIDDM diabetic though not diagnosed and they have been feeding her with glucose for one week so you can imagine how much they have damaged in her body system. This woman transferred her mother to another hospital and the doctors there battled to save her life like crazy, plus they started administering fast acting insulin. His woman died 2 days later. They will be burying her on the 9th another life gone because of someone's silly mistake. Do we even have coroners court in Nigeria? I don't think so
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 05, 2012
Pardon my errors I am mobile
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by agiboma(f): 4:57am On Mar 05, 2012
tsmith:

@ ALL, who think there is no need to ask questions or apportion blame, i beg to differ.

Please note that a coma is one of the safest form of human preservation, that docs sometime induce a coma. Prior to her going into a coma, there would been tell tale signs, which normally shd v been detected if the patient was probably monitored. Let's for one moment imagine whateva caused the coma happened swiftly, but why did she still need to die from coma??

What of the churches, mosques etc. Afterall if you are collecting from the people in form of tithes and offerings and all sorts, you might as well take on the responsibility of the people, even Christ said give to Cesar's what belongs to Cesar.

My first thought when i heard this was not Coma, omg does the doctor that said she died from a coma even know the definition for himself smh. Anyways i thought infection, because of poor sterile procedures during the op and lack of effective Antibiotics post op. I even question if they knew what they where doing in the first place to go around poking and experimenting on Perx. Failed medical system CERTAINLY.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 05, 2012
tsmith:

Ordinary hip replacement!!! I am no medics, but a number of recent occurrences around me has further exposed me to the field. With every surgery there is a risk of death, but the risks starts to dwindle post surgery and every extra minut e after. Perx had her surgery on d 22nd circa and went into a coma 28th ish??

I dont necessarily agree here though. I believe she would still be alive if she had not had surgery. Especially for a limb that has been immobile for quite a while, the doctors should have been aware she was more at risk of an embolism or a clot that could have caused a stroke following surgery especially if she had any internal bleeding. A stroke is a very high risk factor for comas.

tsmith:

Please note that a coma is one of the safest form of human preservation, that docs sometime induce a coma.

Not really. A coma due to brain swelling is not safe and will lead to death if not treated asap.

tsmith:

Prior to her going into a coma, there would been tell tale signs, which normally shd v been detected if the patient was probably monitored.

There are not always tell-tale signs of a coma.

Obviously we are both in agreement on one thing - medical ignorance is why perx is no more today.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 05, 2012
Did they even check her oxygen satZ regularly? Was she on oxygen ? Lack of oxygen to the brain can could also have caused this coma.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 05, 2012
This is unbelievable. I agree with you David, she was def at risk of clots and infection, the same reason why I asked if she was on Iv Ab's and anticoagulants post surgery.

Awwwww another person gone
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 05, 2012
@ify

When I read it yesterday that she had passed on, eziokwu I couldn't believe it. Was it not last week she posted her birthday cake here? Why does a parT of me think this death occurred due to lack of proper post surgery medical assessments and follow up?
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 05, 2012
jennykadry:

@ify

When I read it yesterday that she had passed on, eziokwu I couldn't believe it. Was it not last week she posted her birthday cake here? Why does a parT of me think this death occurred due to lack of proper post surgery medical assessments and follow up?

Your hunch i believe is 100% correct.

jennykadry:

Did they even check her oxygen satZ regularly? Was she on oxygen ? Lack of oxygen to the brain can could also have caused this coma.

huh? In a nigerian hospital? Oxygen ke?
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 05, 2012
Lol David I don't want to laugh jooo, the "oxygen ke" line you used actually made me smile.

Complete assessment should have been done on her, when I mean complete I mean comPlete thorough checks. So many things could have asked this coma, she might have drifted into coma in her sleep due to hypo and/or hyperglycemia. Was she tolerating her meals? Isnt there a way someone can find out what these health professionals did with her before and after surgery? Nigeria is a law less country that no one gives accountability for their actions.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by freecocoa(f): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2012
Chai Jenny,Tsmith,David biko nu biko please your posts are killing me so they joked with PERX's life,so maybe if they paid more attention she would still be here,chai Muki make una ban me na please,i need to stop coming here but the urge to read from perx that its a mix up is overwhelming,Ban me please na beg i dey beg,chai.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 05, 2012
Rest In Peace PERX.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 8:45am On Mar 05, 2012
Hmm 4days now  sad sad

It's all good oo,shebi Dr werey don't use Perx for experiment he eye don clear abi!

God d rest is in your hands.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 8:46am On Mar 05, 2012
tsmith:

Please note that a coma is one of the safest form of human preservation, that docs sometime induce a coma. Prior to her going into a coma, there would  been tell tale signs, which normally shd v been detected if the patient was probably monitored. Let's for one moment imagine whateva caused the coma happened swiftly, but why did she still need to die from coma??

my grandma was in a coma at home for 3 weeks, we had a nurse with her 24/7, we decided to take her off ourselves coz the drip wasn't going to the right places, and moreover she was 95years. People v been known to be  in comas for years, as much as 19years and still make full recovery. Worst case scenario with comas is the family is advised to turn off the life support because the possibility of brain activity death etc. My friend had a brain hemorrhage from child birth just 6 months ago,and was in a coma for 2 weeks so as u can imagine a I am speaking from extensive research and fresh experience. I thank God my friend is on the path to full recovery and know home with family.

Obviously, we cant overlook the fact that Nigeria has a failed healthcare system, so this is not a case of witchhunting at UBTH, but rather for all to seize the anguish and pain to demand for their basic rights from a failling society.

You see lots of Nigerian names as the best in many medical fields all over the world, they have had to seek green pastures in society that appreciates quality.

We have current thieves like Ibori stealing funds meant for the people that could safe a thousand Perxs, but yet it took the UK govt to successfully prosecute.

See us seeking funds from doctors from beyond; what happened to writing to Dbanj, Don Jazzy, P square, or even 2 face. What are they all doing

IS it only when one is an Ojukwu or an Christy Igbokwe or a Yinka Craig or a Village headmaster that one should qualify for state/government sponsored healthcare or treatment??

Taking care of our brothers isn't anybody's job, it is everybody's job. It took a faceless community to give hope to Perx, do we know how many more Perx exist without the opportunity or access. Its sad that majority of us now are coming into the 35<age bracket when all sorts ailments are certain to start surfacing, its Perx today that the society/healthcare system Ash failed, who knows who next!

There is never a better thing to kickstart a crusade than in anguish and loss, Perx had died but she shouldn't die in vain. High time we all started to ask questions; question yourself, your government, your church/mosque etc. Question until you get answers!!!

To you and all that question the quality of medical care that Perx got, I agree that there needs to be a review of some sort on her case but this is neither the time nor the place. Let us not pontificate on this, we should take a look at so many things but now is not the time, please.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2012
Without a doubt, something went wrong post surgery but we probably wont get any answers from the hospital and even if we do get answers, sadly this wont bring our perx back.

I had 2 major surgery's within 2 weeks of each other last year and I remember that I had to wear surgical socks for 2 weeks post op, I was monitored every hour day and night, I had heparin injections every day and was made to get out of bed and walk round the very next day after surgery.

It is very sad when we hear of avoidable deaths in our healthcare system. Many of us have lost someone as a result of this

Cocoa, idowu and Ivy, I feel your pain. It hurts so much so as it wasn't expected and it was so sudden especially as she has been through so much. I know that in times like this we sometimes question our faith, but I tell you something, nothing happens without God Knowing. He knows us best and He knows why He took her now. We just see the physical but God is all Knowing All seeing. so Lets Trust God.

Remember that Perx was close to God and she wouldn't be happy knowing that you are questioning God.

Its OK to grieve, so take as long as you need, but at the back of your mind always ask yourselves if perx will be happy seeing you cry? and the perx that I know wouldn't want you to be miserable.

Lets channel this grief into something tangible. Does anyone know how much these automatic monitoring machines cost; the ones that do the o2 sats, bp's etc? I believe that we can buy a few in her name and give them to hospitals. Our dear perx has gone, but her death wont be in vain. She loved people and she was loved and I know that she wouldn't want anyone to go through what she went through so lets do something in her memory that will benefit other people in her position.

Rest in Peace sweetie. You were one of the bravest people that I have come across in my life and without you realising it you have brought hope to so many.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2012
^Thank you.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2012
Hugs to u Aunty Cc

No more crying I promise,I no d next tear drop might be invited with a slap from Perx,so I dey behave myself.Have a blessed week Bleep
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by saydfact(m): 9:11am On Mar 05, 2012
[size=28pt]R.I.P [/size]
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Hugs to u Aunty Cc

No more crying I promise,I no d next tear drop might be invited with a slap from Perx,so I dey behave myself.Have a blessed week Bleep

Good!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by nwanioma(f): 9:55am On Mar 05, 2012
With tears in my eye, I pray that her soul rests in the bosom of the Lord! I never really knew her but am still so sad. RIP
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by steaming(f): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2012
Rest in peace Perx.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Jemibee: 10:21am On Mar 05, 2012
R.I.P dear !!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by humblebee: 10:38am On Mar 05, 2012
RIP dear,
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by freecocoa(f): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2012
Thank you Aunty CC,kai its just so shocking and heartbreaking,I won't cry again,thank you o,thank you.

Okay na PERX bebe so I'm supposed to write a tribute instead of songs now abi?,well no longthing,i go try.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2012
freecocoa:

Thank you Aunty CC,kai its just so shocking and heartbreaking,I won't cry again,thank you o,thank you.

Okay na PERX bebe so I'm supposed to write a tribute instead of songs now abi?,well no longthing,i go try.

Poetry is quite good, I felt so much better after writing a poem for Perx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (41) (Reply)

Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's / Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.