Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". (19815 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / US Intelligence Sources Links Boko Haram With Al-Qaeda. Terror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
Just as i was beginning to warm to him, he goes and shoots his mouth b/4 engaging his brain embarassed.

I noticed a poster saying the norths resources developed the oil industry in the south shocked. I wonder how and when.

Part of the problem the states that aren't doing well in the core north have is the pathetic leadership they've thrown up over the years (both at state and federal levels) : they are visionless, corrupt, and have a sense of entitlement that makes them lack the ambition and foresight to look inwards. To a large extent, you have the same leadership problems in the south, but what makes the difference is the people being led: in the south for instance, the people are liberal-minded; hard working; have a hunger for education; do not harm visitors; are tolerant of opposing views and opinions; do not have child-killers killing in the name of their god; and (esp' in the south east) you have individuals prepared to take their destiny in their hands and not wait for hand-outs from gov't. All these qualities make it easier for governance in that part of the country, hence it's easy for some useless governors we've had over the years to escape scrutiny and social unrest such like we're seeing in the north today.

Sanusi begrudging the south south their bigger allocations from the federation account is akin to Nigeria having bad-belle over Dubais' peace and development. The north east wants more from the resources of the south south, yet they have the cheek to slaughter them like nama, and tell those lucky to escape the killings to fuc*k-off back to where they came from or else they'll be hell to pay . Go figure!!!

If over the years, the north east had good leaders that had diversified their economy such that they no longer depend on federal allocations to stay alive, then we wouldn't be where we are today. And also if they had given the same prominence to 'western' education that it gets in the south, instead of (over the decades) bringing up hoards of abandoned almajiris on nothing but islamic education, then things may have been diferent today.

Another thing is the issue of unchecked cross-border movement between these states in the north east, and their cousins in Chad, Niger and Cameroon. I'm ready to wager that over the years, this unchecked/undocumented movement has led to (at least) 30% of these states population being foreigners: they leave their useless countries and come over to join their cousins in Nigeria, and there's no way of telling who's who. It's from these immigrants (that owe no allegiance to Nigeria) that you get a large number of these boko bastards and suicide bombers and it's also from the immigrants that you get a large number of almajiris (their thinking is: we can breed like rats, and cart them off to Nigeria, let those muthafuckers deal with them, afterall they've got money). All these immigration issues put pressure on the states scarce resources, but they turn a blind eye b'cos they need their foreign cousins to make up the numbers for election and census purposes.

I wonder if Sanusi factored in the environmental impact of all this oil extraction/exploitation? All they see up north is the petro-dollars, but not the suffering, death and environmental degradation that goes with it. But i suppose all that doesn't really matter since it's not happening in their backyard.

Comaparisons he made in the allocations over the years between Rivers State and some north east states is neither here not there. Rivers State deserves even more if you ask me, and no one should cast their beady bad-belle eyes over what Rivers State receives. They should rather concern themselves with what their own Governors are doing with their allocations: if for instance Rivers State people want to burn a whole months allocation in a great burnfire, it's no one elses business, and everyone should face their front and concern themselves with what's happening in their own states.

Shikena, shikena, shikena oh!!!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by gabbytabby: 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2012
It is too simplistic to link oil derivation to boko haram and if one does that, then one would have to think that the people behind boko haram are people that were disenfrachised by the reduction in money from the central to their states

1) The changes affected all non-oil producing states including almost all of the south-west and south-east so why has SLS only limited his comments to the effect on the north alone. This particular point make SLS open himself up to being accused of not being objective but also given to tribal sentiments.
2) Most of the populace hardly had any benefit from the government so it is the corrupt officials that had a little less to share and if one extends this, it becomes believable that they are therefore the sponsors of boko haram.
3) I would think it justifiable that the government will seek to correct the imbalance that existed before, by attempting to compensate for the devastation that oil exploration does and continues to do to the lives and livelihood of the area where oil exploration has been carried out.
4) If people are displaced by the fact that they have natural resources and their environment has been poluted by the exploration of the liquid gold, is it not the right thing to do to compensate them at least in part for this.
5) There has been continued call for the census to be done and from my own point of view the way to go about this in a country such as Nigeria is to do it by using machine readable finger printing and while all attempts need to be made to respect peoples cultures and religion, this is the only method that will bring us even close to what the true figure is. A lot of communities who have been committing electoral fraud would not allow this to take place hence the reason why a lot of people would question why the need to continue to use it as a basis for distributions made to the states is the right one.
6) States have to rely on their leaders to find ways to self generate income instead of relying solely on free money from the centre for all of their funding and a leader that lacks ingenuity and not able to motivate his people to find self respecting ways to resource their states is not fit to lead.

My conclusion is that SLS and all the supposed intelligent individuals in Nigeria have a responsibility to provide advice to the governments on how to move their states to the next level instead of all this tribal mud slinging that has been going on.

If they feel that they cannot do this without a sense of threat to them and their family's personal safety that they consider acceptable then, it is better for them  to hold their peace as to do anything else would mean that they loose all credibility.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by psalmizt(m): 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Just as i was beginning to warm to him, he goes and shoots his mouth b/4 engaging his brain embarassed.

I noticed a poster saying the norths resources developed the oil industry in the south shocked. I wonder how and when.

Part of the problem the states that aren't doing well in the core north have is the pathetic leadership they've thrown up over the years (both at state and federal levels) : they are visionless, corrupt, and have a sense of entitlement that makes them lack the ambition and foresight to look inwards. To a large extent, you have the same leadership problems in the south, but what makes the difference is the people being led: in the south for instance, the people are liberal-minded; hard working; have a hunger for education; do not harm visitors; are tolerant of opposing views and opinions; do not have child-killers killing in the name of their god; and (esp' in the south east) you have individuals prepared to take their destiny in their hands and not wait for hand-outs from gov't. All these qualities make it easier for governance in that part of the country, hence it's easy for some useless governors we've had over the years to escape scrutiny and social unrest such like we're seeing in the north today.

Sanusi begrudging the south south their bigger allocations from the federation account is akin to Nigeria having bad-belle over Dubais' peace and development. The north east wants more from the resources of the south south, yet they have the cheek to slaughter them like nama, and tell those lucky to escape the killings to fuc*k-off back to where they came from or else they'll be hell to pay . Go figure!!!

If over the years, the north east had good leaders that had diversified their economy such that they no longer depend on federal allocations to stay alive, then we wouldn't be where we are today. And also if they had given the same prominence to 'western' education that it gets in the south, instead of (over the decades) bringing up hoards of abandoned almajiris on nothing but islamic education, then things may have been diferent today.

Another thing is the issue of unchecked cross-border movement between these states in the north east, and their cousins in Chad, Niger and Cameroon. I'm ready to wager that over the years, this unchecked/undocumented movement has led to (at least) 30% of these states population being foreigners: they leave their useless countries and come over to join their cousins in Nigeria, and there's no way of telling who's who. It's from these immigrants (that owe no allegiance to Nigeria) that you get a large number of these boko bastards and suicide bombers and it's also from the immigrants that you get a large number of almajiris (their thinking is: we can breed like rats, and cart them off to Nigeria, let those muthafuckers deal with them, afterall they've got money). All these immigration issues put pressure on the states scarce resources, but they turn a blind eye b'cos they need their foreign cousins to make up the numbers for election and census purposes.

I wonder if Sanusi factored in the environmental impact of all this oil extraction/exploitation? All they see up north is the petro-dollars, but not the suffering, death and environmental degradation that goes with it. But i suppose all that doesn't really matter since it's not happening in their backyard.

Comaparisons he made in the allocations over the years between Rivers State and some north east states is neither here not there. Rivers State deserves even more if you ask me, and no one should cast their beady bad-belle eyes over what Rivers State receives. They should rather concern themselves with what their own Governors are doing with their allocations: if for instance Rivers State people want to burn a whole months allocation in a great burnfire, it's no one elses business, and everyone should face their front and concern themselves with what's happening in their own states.

Shikena, shikena, shikena oh!!!

Your point is just spot on, A people that believe in killing to protect their god or religion are no persons, All these discussions only point to one thing, Let us all come to a round table and discuss this Nigeria Project. Clearly it isn't working as planned (for the masses that is). Sanusi is too much of a bigot to occupy a sensitive position as the Central Bank, I beginning to feel like he is getting too much information.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by logica(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2012
Please listen to the most intelligent man in Nigeria (if the white devils who forced us into this unholy and unwholesome marriage are to be believed.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by icez: 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
northern muslims are all the same.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Iskra: 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2012
@hero70, you seem to be one of those who give little thought to deep thought and fact checking.When you here the lame and baseless claims made by some northerners on the using of funds from the north to develop the south,I ask you when was this?Was this in nigeria as of pre-independence or post independence.were the northerners ever in any way more hardworking than the southern cocoa farmer or the rubber plantation owner or the palm produce farmer,or the large timber merchants, and you mention groundnut, what groundnut are you talking about.the oil we used to cook our meals maybe but don't speak lies and say the south was devel;oped by any form of northern funds, because the south was never developed by any funds from the north.Not especially when the government of the day was less centralised than now and the regions took care of their business first before making funds available to the center.That was why politics was less lucrative then.We should get facts straight and stop lame duck arguments on a forum that should celebrate maybe not truth but facts,fcats facts, let me give you some facts in the interest of fairness if your mind can take it.Before 1960 there werent any dams in the country.today we have several.these dams are mainly in the north, I want to ask you if they were built with groundnut funds, sorry though they are all products of the oil boom and southern blessings.A single dam like the one in kainji does not in any way compare with the funds the north sent to the center before independence when we still had a form of parliamentary system of government, soon we would here stories that the man in his village that knew nothing about kano or pyramids but sent his children to school on his hard earned funds from farming got his kids educated on northern money.if the funds were so great,why the backwardness still in thought and action, embrace facts and such fairytales as you claim here will evaporate before your face
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Concept(m): 1:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
Mr. President your earlier statement about Boko Haram infiltrating your government is true afterall if you do not know I have identified one ~ Sanusi Lamido. If you want peace be ready for war. Though I am not GEJ fan for his way of doing things moreover he will have to show the world that he can adequately taken care of his domain by ejecting any of his officials that look like BH apologist. Don't we have some countries that do not have oil where their existence is based on Agric produce still they are surviving. Ideas & knowledge rule the world because they bring money. What have all the past president that come from the North done for them? Southern part of the country develops because of western education which obviously is being despised by many in the North as evident by the founded belief of Boko Haramists. What is bad by giving extra to people who really owns the resources although the fund is not judiciously implemented but that is our country context; things have never been done the right way, If he argues some are hijacking the money I would have agreed but to claim extra money for some people whose subject do not even know what revenue formula or 13% oil derivation means. I served in the North & I know how impoverished & backward they are. When Northerners accept western education the way they should, evident progress would be seen.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Actionleap: 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi just lost it! I was worried that if thr north back Sanusi for president in 2015, they might get it as he is being laundered. Apart from Sanusi, most other northern leaders are seen as backward, greedy and fanatical. Then comes Sanusi in shinning armour. All is set for them to present him to us as a saint. Then, the Lord exposed his behind as a Boko Haram supporter. Many on this forum could vouch for him that he has nothing to do with BH until when he decided to let down his guard. If Nigeria is still one country by 2015, no southerner should vote for any northerner no matter who he is. They're all killers and supporter of terrorists!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by pcicero(m): 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2012
I am not disappointed. I have always known him to be a tribal champion and boko haram collaborator. Those jubilating over his crusade against the bank chiefs would have seen clearly now. While I did not support the actions of Akingbola and Ibru, I had the feeling that Sanusi was carrying out a personal war against them.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by naijaking1: 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
pcicero:

I am not disappointed. I have always known him to be a tribal champion and boko haram collaborator. Those jubilating over his crusade against the bank chiefs would have seen clearly now. While I did not support the actions of Akingbola and Ibru, I had the feeling that Sanusi was carrying out a personal war against them.

I say Good Morning to you too.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Beaf: 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
It is very important to put paid to lies. How could money from the North have been used to develop anything in the South when history has it that Nigeria was only unified as a country, because the money from the Southern Protectorate was needed to prop up the Northern Protectorate which always ran at a loss? shocked

Nigeria was incorporated in 1914 when Frederick Lugard who became its first Governor-General amalgamated the two British protectorates of Northern and Southern Nigeria and the Crown Colony of Lagos into a single entity. The primary reason for amalgamation was economic rather than political. The Northern Protectorate which became the Northern Province had annual budget deficits, while the Southern Protectorate which became the Southern Province had surpluses.

http://info.worldbank.org/etools/docs/library/5783/State_and_Governance_Nigeria.htm

As efisher said, Shell set up the oil industry with its own money. Nigeria only later acquired shares in the oil business, before then it was 100% exploitation by a British firm who certainly didn't need any "groundnut" money.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Raxxye(m): 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2012
So Sanusi is suggesting we give the 13% oil derivation to North-East so that Boko haram will sheath their sword? If they get that will they change their mind about western education? What about the demand for us all including the president to become muslims? This is all bull shit.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by esiri4jesu(m): 2:31pm On Jan 28, 2012
These are the kind of minds that came up with subsidy removal. Shame on U sanusi.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Gideonyte(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
The problem is that people like Sanusi and his northern ilk know that the kind of resource sharing we have in naija doesnt happen in many countries.

I was taught in my MSc, under Texan Oil and gas law that a land owner with oil in his land gets as high as 30% OF GROSS REVENUE (REVENUE BEFORE TAX) of the oil proceeds from his land and the rest shared by the production company, state govt and FG. I was truly shocked!

NigerDelta have spoilt this country!!! if we need to stay together, there must be true federalism and some form of semi-state autonomy!!!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Beaf: 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi has released a shocker that is a gross abberation to the expected sophistication of his office as Central Bank boss.
It is a sincere hope that those who lack deep understanding about the workings of Nigeria are beginning to have their eyes opened, never to be dimmed again.

I have always claimed that Nigeria's biggest problem is not corruption, but its absolute lack of meaningful structure. Why else would a man who holds one of the most exalted offices in the land claim that boko haram can be traced to the lack of opportunities to parasite on oil? Why?
Sanusi has once more betrayed the thinking of the typical elite from the core-North, which is that they are born to rule, milk and exploit the country, failing which its disgruntled masses would take to the likes of boko haram.
If we were practising true federalism that guarantees regional and fiscal autonomy's, would anybody from far off consider oil money as such a fundamental right that their young men would engage in wanton org!es of murder for?

Boko haram has always been about oil money. I have said it enough times and been shouted down, it is about oil money, although not in the way Sanusi says. Rather, many in the core-North have had their only means of "work" snatched from them by the reorganisation in the oil sector and are reacting like cornered vipers.
They see Nigeria as a feudal state (just like their emirates) where the winner takes all. In a truly federal Nigeria with a weakened center, such views would be impossible, even anathema.

The answer to every last one of Nigeria's problems, from corruption to boko haram and poverty, is the restructuring of the country. It cannot be emphasised enough.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by naijaking1: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
Beaf:

It is very important to put paid to lies. How could money from the North have been used to develop anything in the South when history has it that Nigeria was only unified as a country, because the money from the Southern Protectorate was needed to prop up the Northern Protectorate which always ran at a loss? shocked
http://info.worldbank.org/etools/docs/library/5783/State_and_Governance_Nigeria.htm

As efisher said, Shell set up the oil industry with its own money. Nigeria only later acquired shares in the oil business, before then it was 100% exploitation by a British firm who certainly didn't need any "groundnut" money.

How could you have forgotten so soon
We all remember when groundnut pyramids were sold, and the money sent to SS to develop wells, upon wells of oil. After that northern expertrates trooped from Sokoto, Kano, and Maidugri to PH, Benin City, and even Aba to help the poor people of the area get out of penury. We all know how western civilization started from the north. How teachers, civil servants, and whitemen came to the south from the Atlantic Ocean in northern Nigeria undecided
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by lakesider(m): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi is right,what if tomorrow ,niger delta s oil drys off nd oil is discovered in SW nd in the north?,are we going to reduce their allocations.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Marlboro1: 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2012
Fani-Kayode was right that Sanusi is a religious bigot afterall. I was among those that defended him when accusation was made against him but now I know better. It is becoming hard finding a non-Boko Haram sympathizer in the Islamic community. Why are they not blaming corruption, almajiri system and illiteracy as their major hinderance to progress? Has he bothererd to read BH spokesperson's reasons of islamizing all of Nigeria and hatred of christians and all law enforcement personnels as their reasons for killing innocent men, women and children? Is this his reason an excuse for forming his own arm of Boko Haram? Why is he not calling out Babangida, Abdul-Salam Abubakar, Atiku, Gowon, Abacha, Dangote, Dantata, Jimo Ibrahim and T Y Danjuma who have contributed immensely in impoverishing their own people.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by manny4life(m): 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2012
To say I'm surprised @ SLS will mean I'm lying. I'm absolutely beyond doubt not surprised from what SLS has stated, he has shown what he is. How can you relate poverty in the North to the wealth in the South? If there was no oil, wouldn't they have survived? Laziness and Incompetence of both North and their poor structure and archaic reasoning is what's contributing to their demise.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by igboboy1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
[size=16pt][b] ABOKI IT'S NOT YOUR OIL, ONYE OSHI, [/B][/size]
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by solidifi: 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sometimes, this central bank mallam or aboki or mai guard talks sense, and sometimes he talks capital NONSENSE.

Who told him that the north is more populous than the south?
2. What does the north contribute to the growth of Nign. economy? except killings, confusion & crises.

3. What talent does the north have? in terms of technology, entertainment, int. trade/commerce etc. except "I must rule" syndrome. If don't rule, nobody else will rule.

Is that the reason why the north has numerous lazy & unproductive wives for only one crude farmer, and bear children like rats, so that they'll get more money from oil?

4. All your children have neither education nor craftmanship. So more oil derivation should go to who and for what?

5. Did boko haram tell you that their reason for bombing Nig. is oil derivation formula?

Just wait we'll soon enter resource control. We shall see if the troublesome islamic north will not survive.
N O N S E N S E.
Oil deriva
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Otunne1: 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2012
pls pls where is jarus, we need you here now pls. @topic, pls can someone help me with how much anambra state, collect as federal allocation, let me give me sls the benefit of doubt, and analyse from this angle.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Gbawe: 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2012
It appears Sanusi's elitism , priviledged and royal background is a personal impediment he cannot conquer to be a sound all-round leader. Lately he has come off as distinctly pro-elite and pro-establishment. I cannot understand why he presents this argument here regarding Boko Haram especially given how Lagos, for example, is hideously undercounted and thus underpaid. If anything, there has always being a conspiracy of deception to undercount the south and thereby provide the North with more money.

Personally, I am not interested in so-called erudition or academic brilliance as pertinent above all else as per qualities a Nigerian President should have. For the main problems of Nigeria, we simply need a brave, resolute person who is a champion of the common man and loves them passionately. Much of our problem arises from how the elite have disenfranchised ordinary Nigerians savagely , through the grossly unfair control of our commonwealth, to make themselves hideously rich while everyone else is dirt poor. Nowhere does this happen more than in the North.

This is why I will take Ribadu ahead of EL Rufai or Sanusi anyday. Ribadu, speaking about Boko Haram at a Northern leadership brainstorming session, bravely, and in his usual style, told fellow leaders that they were responsible for providing "rebels" happy to join Boko Haram with how they have not given the youth chances to develop . Sanusi is just seeking to deflect blame away from his fellow elites who are certainly very callous and the cause of the problems of the North - including Boko Haram.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/07/national-07-12-2011-0011.html

, Boko Haram members are rebels - Ribadu
From ABDULGAFAR ALABELEWE, Kaduna
Wednesday, December 07 , 2011

Photo:The Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Arewa Peace Conference ended in Kaduna yesterday with the pioneer Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, saying that Boko Haram are rebels who are telling Nigerians that things are not right.

This is just as Senator Joseph Waku said the present challenges facing the North was because it lacks ways of fighting the opposition, having ruled for over 40 years.  

According to Ribadu who was also the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the 2011 elections, “the emerging suicide bombers are rebels who are telling the nation that things are not right. So, it is time for us to wake up. This is the truth and the reality.”

“We have kept on talking about the likes of Sardauna of Sokoto, Tafawa Balewa and the rest of them because they did good job, they taught you people who are today our fathers and they left you with the responsibility to continue with the good work, some of you indeed carried it and did it very well.”
“We have learnt from you and we believe it is also our challenge today to continue with what you people have started,” he added.

“Today, it is a modern world. Today it is a different world. It is not the world of 1950s or 1960s; things have changed. Please, let us take note of that. Let us understand that this world we are talking about today is a different one.”
“We have new challenges, modern things, difficulties that requires modern and new approach and solutions. This generation of young Northerners are asking for opportunity and chance for them to also play their own role, listen to them and give them chance,” Ribadu charged.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Beaf: 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2012
Gbawe:

It appears Sanusi's elitism , priviledged and royal background is a personal impediment he cannot conquer to be a sound all-round leader. Lately he has come off as distinctly pro-elite and pro-establishment. I cannot understand why he presents this argument here regarding Boko Haram especially given how[b] Lagos, for example, is hideously undercounted and thus underpaid[/b]. If anything, there has always being a conspiracy of deception to undercount the south and thereby provide the North with more money.

Personally, I am not interested in so-called erudition or academic brilliance as pertinent above all else as per qualities a Nigerian President should have. For the main problems of Nigeria, we simply need a brave, resolute person who is a champion of the common man and loves them passionately. Much of our problem arises from how the elite have disenfranchised ordinary Nigerians savagely , through the grossly unfair control of our commonwealth, to make themselves hideously rich while everyone else is dirt poor. Nowhere does this happen more than in the North.

This is why I will take Ribadu ahead of EL Rufai or Sanusi anyday. Ribadu, speaking about Boko Haram at a Northern leadership brainstorming session, bravely, and in his usual style, told fellow leaders that they were responsible for providing "rebels" happy to join Boko Haram with how they have not given the youth chances to develop . Sanusi is just seeking to deflect blame away from his fellow elites who are certainly very callous and the cause of the problems of the North - including Boko Haram.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/07/national-07-12-2011-0011.html

Lagos undercounted and underpaid? You sound as silly as Sanusi.
You get paid for work you actually do, not by population. Making an argument for getting paid for the number of almajiri's or area boys you can produce is just making the exact same primitive argument Sanusi made (only changing the location).
If you have nothing to say, sit back and learn.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by andyanders: 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi is part of the BH. That was why he wanted Islamic Bank so that they can now be able to move money without being noticed.

Why must he be making statements like that. States that owns the oils has been rendered useless and left undeveloped.

I am not from that region but I must say that Sanusi is an eveil man and should be closely watched. He is part of the elite BH hence his comment.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by cjfavour(m): 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2012
To SLS who used to be my hero bt lost a fan when he started championing islamic banking in a secular state,i know what u are.an extremist, a sheik who think dt his rel and ppl are far greater than other. I received a bis insult frm sagamite when SLS was crowned d most intelligeent man in 9ja by christine lagarde. I'm saying it again,SHEIK SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI, YOU ARE NT INTELLIGENT NT TO TALK OF BEING D MOST INTELLIGENT NIGERIAN. Blame ur state govs 4 d state of things in d north. What have u done about how ur state govs after looting d state treasurely and collecting security vote and receiving salary after office still made it compusory dt a state of art mansion must b built for them when they leave office? why havent you enlightened ur govs about d danger of impoverishing d ppl just so dt they'll continue hailing them rankadede?Leave d south south ppls oil alone though they're nt utilizing d oil money. Advice ur govs 2 develop d north thru modern agriculture. PPL SHLD KNOW DT NORTHERN LEADERS DOES NT BELIEVE THAT BOKO HARAM'S ACTIVITIES ARE WRONG.LISTEN 2 THEIR INTERVIEWS N U'LL UNDERSTAND ME.OR IS IT FEAR?
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by andyanders: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
@cjfavour

You said the truth and remains one of the best input to the subject matter.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Gbawe: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2012
Beaf:

Lagos undercounted and underpaid? You sound as silly as Sanusi.
You get paid for work you actually do, not by population. Making an argument for getting paid for the number of almajiri's or area boys you can produce is just making the exact same primitive argument Sanusi made (only changing the location).
If you have nothing to say, sit back and learn.

Silly fool. Olodo jati-jati. As usual you expose the idiocy that shows you are the only one who needs to sit back and learn. I guess you are ignorant of the tiers of the Nigerian federation to understand allocations to local Governments and what influences those allocation. Not surprised , as per the silly and crass feudalist you have shown yourself to be, that you simplistically talk of clannish crap that ignores the reality of how allocations are worked out. Bloodly d.ullard !!!! Please don't bother me again !!! You are clearly a simpleton alway talking out of an orifice that is not your mouth.

http://economicconfidential.net/new/interviews/122-economic-confidential

How Population Affects Revenue Allocation Formula - Hamman Tukur Chairman RMAFC
April 2007 Economic Confidential
E-mail Print PDF
The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission is a constitutional body saddled with the responsibilities, amongst other things, of proposing a revenue allocation formula for the nation. The chairman of the Commission is Engr. Hamman A. Tukur who is presently in his second tenure at the revenue agency. In this interview, the Chairman answers questions on the implications of the just-released census figure on revenue sharing. He also talks on the position of the new proposed Revenue Formula before the National Assembly. Excerpts:

QUESTION:  Sir, how do you adjust the Revenue Formula?
Hamman Tukur: The Revenue formula which is used to distribute the funds among the three tiers of government is usually adjusted to reflect current issues, current data, like improvement in school enrolment, hospitals, road network or boundary adjustments between states. Periodically we examine and look at fresh indices and then adjust the formula to distribute the funds.

QUESTION:  What about the implications of the recently released census figure?

Hamman Tukur: On the recent development we have to look at the new population figures once they become official as confirmed by the National Population Commission and when it is gazetted to confirm its authenticity. We may not rely heavily on the gazette itself as we still have to write to National Population Commission to confirm that the population figures are the official figures. We are sure by then the NPC would have considered all the protests and the complaints and probably expect the report of the population tribunal before its confirmation as official document. Once they are accepted officially, the Commission must reflect the new population on the current formula being used as well as look at the proposed formula and also make necessary adjustments accordingly in order that it will affect whatsoever is being disbursed as well as what is being proposed for the new era.

Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by betrani(m): 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi! The guy that claims to knw all! He shouldn't ve in the first place tried to connect this demons with oil derivation! The bitter truth is that he is a messenger doing the bid of the northern elite who out of frustration and hopelessness ve decided to rip this country apart by making it ungovernable! These guys would share their wealth with their people should nigeria split! Hw can he equate the north with people from whose land this oil is explored? And whose land is destroyed in the process! He should stick to only the little economics he knws in his brains! He should not try to conceal the truth behind boko haram with this lies and claims! This isn't 1966! If a war breaks! They would be the ones to regret! Because the entire world is watching adherents of islam! Those Guys are lucky that I am not president! They would ve longed kept their kilishi and goro decay oral cavities shut! Who is he tryin to fool! He should realize that that seat is beggin to be occupied! He hasn't a soft landing on it! He is lucky to be the one and only educated hausa fulani that has a little good diction in english! That doesn't make him the most intelligent economist or banker! He is just tryin to divert our attention from the truth! Thes guys are murderers, takin innocent lives! MEND's, NDVPF, OPC etc never went this far!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by 9javoice1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2012
i said it time and time again and pple are not listenin.
All northern(NE & NW) politicians are bokoharam sposors direct or indirect.
i never espect anytin less from SLS bcus its clear his a religous bigot.

Wat abt other region in the south (SE & SW) the rcv little as states in north,why are they not killing everybody.
is it not clear that the north will go to out right war if Resource control is introduce in our polity.

i can see now also that the life of the northerners are in the hand of the south. i mean these guys cant live without the resources in the south.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by gists: 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
I have been a fan of sanusi all along, but I must confess he disappoints me on this one. He would rather have the north have a more balanced spread of the allocation with the people of ogoni and co whose water is undrinkable, fishing activities destroyed etc because of the activities of ioc. I don't agree with him on this one.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Gideonyte(m): 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi is so bold to say anything to the international community these days because he thinks they think so highly of him, I wish he knew who the people in the IMF and WorldBank really are, he won't be so cocky! They even crowned him as the most intelligent economist in Nigeria and he feeling so cool, sorry for him!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Governor Ambode of Lagos State A Tribalist, (no Single Igbo As Commissioner)? / Bukola Saraki At Paul Arkwright's Home To Mark Queen Elizabeth's Birthday / Uzodinma Hosts Orji Kalu after Constitution Review Public Hearing In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.