Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". (19818 Views)

Stop Giving 13% Oil Derivation To Governors, Ndigbo Group Tells FG / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / US Intelligence Sources Links Boko Haram With Al-Qaeda. Terror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2012
IF the north is poor, who's to blame? The south? Is the South not poor?

Everything in Nigeria is fraud, from population,  elections, , derivation principles in place and to federalism etc. Every damn thing is fraud. Electing Ribadu or a resurrected Awolowo will not solve the problem. Put a saint in Nigeria presidency today, he will not achieve much unless this fraud of a thing called Nigeria is restructured to reflect our differences in terms of culture, politics, ambition, sophistication, etc.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by mart2k(m): 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
this useless cbn governor,sanusi should b removed from that position.all wat this man is trying 2 do is to open another channel 4 these so called northernerns on fresh agitation 4 increase in federal allocation.he has just succeeded in opening their eyes.watch wat wil follow this inglorious remarks from d IDIOT
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Beaf: 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
Gbawe:

Silly fool. Olodo jati-jati. As usual you expose the idiocy that shows you are the only one who needs to sit back and learn. I guess you are ignorant of the tiers of the Nigerian federation to understand allocations to local Governments and what influences those allocation. Not surprised , as per the silly and crass feudalist you have shown yourself to be, that you simplistically talk of clannish crap that ignores the reality of how allocations are worked out. Bloodly d.ullard !!!! Please don't bother me again !!! You are clearly a simpleton alway talking out of an orifice that is not your mouth.

http://economicconfidential.net/new/interviews/122-economic-confidential

Sir, please don't hide behind insults and bad behaviour like boko haram.

Who cares for all the stuff you provide to support Sanusi's id!otic argument that population rather than work done should determine how much an area gets?
The argument is intellectually poverty stricken and you really should not argue about things you have no understanding of.

It is a pity that while we are all condemning Sanusi, you are proudly waving his banner of idle, but massive populations for free oil derivation money. He is suggesting that the North is shortchanged in revenue allocation, hence they have resorted to boko haram. Am I guessing right that you too are planning to start your own boko haram since you are in support of his vapid, immoral and hairbrained arguments?
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by manny4life(m): 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2012
Here is my own proposal; share the money according to what you contribute to our economy on GDP basis. In fact, FG does contribute but not up to what states are contributing, so it's fair to say states should have the largest share.

Oh btw, I do not support that Population ideology because the North don't contribute much YET they will use their population to get more than half of the revenues, NOT COOL
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by badesco(m): 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
Why should the resources of one region be used to develop another region? to me it is senseless. Lamido Sanusi is a bias and controversial human being that is bent on implementing the agenda of the Oligopoly North. He will not succeed and he should forget 2nd term in office because he had let down this current administration.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Beaf: 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
manny4life:

Here is my own proposal; share the money according to what you contribute to our economy on GDP basis. In fact, FG does contribute but not up to what states are contributing, so it's fair to say states should have the largest share.

Oh btw, I do not support that Population ideology because the North don't contribute much YET they will use their population to get more than half of the revenues, NOT COOL

We now have two satellites that we can use to get an excellent approximation of all areas in Nigeria. If we were to do that, it would be the easiest way to call the so-called huge population of the North into question.

As for how revenue should be shared; let us have true federalism and fiscal autonomy. It is totally wrong for the FG to feed any state. In the US which Nigeria mimics, their FG does not feed their states, in fact Carlifornia is easily richer than Washington.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Gbawe: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2012
Beaf:

Sir, please don't hide behind insults and bad behaviour like boko haram.

Who cares for all the stuff you provide to support Sanusi's id!otic argument that population rather than work done should determine how much an area gets?
The argument is intellectually poverty stricken and you really should not argue about things you have no understanding of.

It is a pity that while we are all condemning Sanusi, you are proudly waving his banner of idle, but massive populations for free oil derivation money. He is suggesting that the North is shortchanged in revenue allocation, hence they have resorted to boko haram. Am I guessing right that you too are planning to start your own boko haram since you are in support of his vapid, immoral and hairbrained arguments?

Suwegbe, take your silly deciet and shove it. You are best advised to limit your sly and Snake-like deception for use on new NL members who don't know your innate ugliness and what you are about. Below is the uncouth crap , as an unsolicited attack, you wrote yet you have the nerve to pretend your are the victim:
Lagos undercounted and underpaid? You sound as silly as Sanusi.

Now that I have exposed your crass ignorance, you want to distract attention away from your stupidity and empty head. You are very dull yet quick to try and indict others of lack of knowledge when, in the end and time and time again, you are the one always exposed as nothing but an empty barrel. bleep off geezer. You are nothing but a d.ullard and a feudalistic clown.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Beaf: 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2012
^
This your hot temper will make you explode one day o! Gboza!! grin
Dude, you are the one supporting Sanusi's id!otic argument about population, revenue formula, oil derivation and boko haram. I wonder why your being pointed out should annoy you so much?

Na wa!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by manny4life(m): 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
Beaf:

We now have two satellites that we can use to get an excellent approximation of all areas in Nigeria. If we were to do that, it would be the easiest way to call the so-called huge population of the North into question.

As for how revenue should be shared; let us have true federalism and fiscal autonomy. It is totally wrong for the FG to feed any state. In the US which Nigeria mimics, their FG does not feed their states, in fact Carlifornia is easily richer than Washington.

Two satellites? Are they being put to good use? Besides, what kind of satellites are these and what are their uses for?

For me, I support true federalism, however, in the absence of true federalism, go for other YET viable options. I support states to control their resources at least, they have rights and authority to decide how they choose to control it without interruptions from the FG, this to me will make everyone mind their own business and focus on how to move their states forward. The Northerners have Agriculture, agriculture is in high demand, agriculture will feed people ( a need), agriculture clothes people (a need), agriculture for income (a need), why can't they focus on it?
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by ajambele: 6:26pm On Jan 28, 2012
Sanusi need brain examination! now i know why Joeboy said boka haram has infiltrated the government. The north have been holding power all this years and now complaining of the allocation which they approved.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Beaf: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2012
manny4life:

Two satellites? Are they being put to good use? Besides, what kind of satellites are these and what are their uses for?

For me, I support true federalism, however, in the absence of true federalism, go for other YET viable options. I support states to control their resources at least, they have rights and authority to decide how they choose to control it without interruptions from the FG, this to me will make everyone mind their own business and focus on how to move their states forward. The Northerners have Agriculture,  agriculture is in high demand, agriculture will feed people ( a need), agriculture clothes people (a need), agriculture for income (a need), why can't they focus on it?

We actually have three. One is for communications and the others can be used to track things the size of a passenger car on the ground; they are multipurpose and are currently used for weather and agriculture, but it should be fairly straightforward to make them count dwellings.

You are absolutely correct about resource control and true federalism. Both policies will cure 90% of Nigeria's ills, from corruption to lack of productivity. Nations like Singapore and Malaysia that became independent at about the same time as us have since become developed countries, because they do not practice the sort of wretched system we have that subsidises laziness. Its hard to get my head round why anybody should be paid for having a massive population of pot bellied peppersouping clowns that won't lift a finger to push a pin, yet expect free money from oil derivations.

There is no part of Nigeria that lacks in human and natural resources, the majority of us are just to lazy to push for the right thing, while there is an extremely powerful minority that is happy with the status quo and will do anything to maintain it (including unleashing boko haram).

Our system is the reason why all our industries died out as the likes of Singapore and Malaysia were growing theirs. Until we take the bull by the horns and totally restructure the system, Nigeria will continue its spiral toward absolute decay and various Sanusi's will keep popping out of cracks and crevices to sing discordant tunes that jar the nerves.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by antartica(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2012
I thought i heard the illuminaty thieving IMF chief commenting recently that this guy is the most intelligent man in nigeria?Maybe just because he is playing to their demands.

He is talking as if he is peeing in his pants.Northern elites are scared,they have lost it to total ignorance.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by jason2010(m): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2012
Yall kill me, with such phrases as "As learned as Sanusi is, despite his educational level".  How learned, what educational level? The man studied Islamic Studies on a masters level in Sudan, and studied economics on a Bachelors level in ABU zaria for Christ Sake. So I ask are those institutions on the same level as the Ivy Leagues and the Big 10s, the Oxfords, the London school of econs? Check out people like Paul Volcker, Al Greenspan and Ben Benanke, and compare the schools that they went to to Sanusi's schools. I believe that at this level, the institutions should matter. Even his Deputy, Kingsley Moghalu went to better schools than the Sanusi guy. To me the guy is just an average guy with great rhetorics, that can present well. He ain't all that.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by domablaze: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
Is this all Sanusi Lamido Sanusi can offer for all his western education? Now I can understand why his BH brothers are saying NO to western education. Since the people they look up to as their elites are not forward thinkers. Shame to SLS. His days are indeed numbered in CBN. No wonder he was strongly advocating for Islamic Banking otherwise called non interest banking. He had just revealed his reason for the Islamic Banking.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by SirVee(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
When will Sanusi be sacked? His comments on national issues are very biased!
Has he really helped the economy?
Imagine linking i.e. justifying the deaths of nearly 1000 people (as a result of BH insurgency) to Oil Derivation. This is so distasteful to my palates and pale if anything.

Is that why the Channels reporter (May his soul rest in peace) was killed?
These sort of comments shows SLS's true colour.

If GEJ can't sack SLS, then the masses can by ensuring he explains this message better and asking or his resignation now!
How I wish he has lost a close relative to BH, he would be more careful with his loose tongue.
God does not sleep and He surely will expose the JIHADISTS in our land.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by deadie(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2012
ONE Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by antartica(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2012
It is quite unusual for a head of the apex bank of a country to be politically controversial.Is he a politician or a banker?
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by ektbear: 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2012
Where are Jarus, texazzpete, nagoma and the rest of the pro-Sanusi crowd?

Surely they could not have missed seeing this thread.

Your comments are wanted.

And let's not do the "I'm typing from my phone" excuse, Jarus wink
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2012
^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by manny4life(m): 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2012
jason2010:

Yall kill me, with such phrases as "As learned as Sanusi is, despite his educational level".  How learned, what educational level? The man studied Islamic Studies on a masters level in Sudan, and studied economics on a Bachelors level in ABU zaria for Christ Sake. So I ask are those institutions on the same level as the Ivy Leagues and the Big 10s, the Oxfords, the London school of econs? Check out people like Paul Volcker, Al Greenspan and Ben Benanke, and compare the schools that they went to to Sanusi's schools. I believe that at this level, the institutions should matter. Even his Deputy, Kingsley Moghalu went to better schools than the Sanusi guy. To me the guy is just an average guy with great rhetorics, that can present well. He ain't all that.

To me, he's education shouldn't be an issue now, his experience, affiliations as wells as associations are what should be called to question. He has proven times without number that indeed, one doesn't need to have the necessary educational requirements to head a worthy institution. The dude is intelligent, knows how to give great speech like Obama, I agree, but he lacks experience in his territory, period. Then when you add his political associations, ethnic and religious affiliations, it begs to wonder, why would NASS confirm such a person as a CBN president.

Please, SLS is gradually showing yall his true colors, we shall se what this makes of him. I'm seriously thinking that his tenure is about to end soon, probably this year or next, so he wants to use this opportunity to speak out (even when it makes no sense) as to garner support for his NEXT opportunity in life.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by naijaking1: 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
domablaze:

Is this all Sanusi Lamido Sanusi can offer for all his western education? Now I can understand why his BH brothers are saying NO to western education. Since the people they look up to as their elites are not forward thinkers. Shame to SLS. His days are indeed numbered in CBN. No wonder he was strongly advocating for Islamic Banking otherwise called non interest banking. He had just revealed his reason for the Islamic Banking.

What western education ABU and Sudanese university I beg-o-o-o-o
There's got to be something wrong when all our CBN governor can show for postgraduate education is a degree in Islamic studies from Khartoum University embarassed

ekt_bear:

Where are Jarus, texazzpete, nagoma and the rest of the pro-Sanusi crowd?

Surely they could not have missed seeing this thread.

Your comments are wanted.

And let's not do the "I'm typing from my phone" excuse, Jarus wink

Don't forget Gbawe above
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by jason2010(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2012
manny4life:

To me, he's education shouldn't be an issue now, his experience, affiliations as wells as associations are what should be called to question. He has proven times without number that indeed, one doesn't need to have the necessary educational requirements to head a worthy institution. The dude is intelligent, knows how to give great speech like Obama, I agree, but he lacks experience in his territory, period. Then when you add his political associations, ethnic and religious affiliations, it begs to wonder, why would NASS confirm such a person as a CBN president.

Please, SLS is gradually showing yall his true colors, we shall se what this makes of him. I'm seriously thinking that his tenure is about to end soon, probably this year or next, so he wants to use this opportunity to speak out (even when it makes no sense) as to garner support for his NEXT opportunity in life.

I hear ya!! I was only referring to people that keeps stressing how learned and educated he is. You can be rest assured that it is only in 9gria would he be head of a Central bank with the kind of qualifications he has
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by weirdmind: 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2012
You will all see the end of Sanusi Lamido,as he will surely end his days in shame:his lies,intellectual pretensions(the most incompetent CBN Governor ever;newspapers governor of the CBN,bla bla bla),arrogance,wickedness inflicted on the Nigerian economy will haunt him to his grave.He symbolises the archetype Boko Haram sympathiser on the corridors of power. What beats me is Jonathan's foolishness/shortsightedness in not firing him! In saner climes, this comment should have cost him his job. For the record, Northern Nigeria used the military to confiscate the resources from the South-South,yet they are the most underdeveloped parts of the country.A partridge that steals the eggs of other birds is a fool,I believe that. In the First Republic, we practised true federalism, in spite of the brutishness of the British,and each Region prospered, until advocates of unitary mentality centralised everything(lazybones). In spite of degradation of the oil communities, the squalor, the injustices in murdering Ken Saro-Wiwa and the Ogonis, it is the 13% pittance being paid to these hapless communities that Prince Sanusi now eyes! What a wicked comment from this garrulous fool. It all speaks volumes of the evil in his heart. The Oil States should naturally get nothing less than 50% of the oil being got from their domain;we hv to embrace derivation if we are to encourage hard work, prudence,and equity.The fact that the military brass foistered an abnormality on us shd not make us accept this theivery,this mathematical pillage.Democracy is a system where u canvass for your rights & ask for more of those.
For Sanusi to have linked Boko Haram attacks to a watery form of derivation is,to say the least,madness,sophistry and power-drunkenness combined.It is the insult of the decade!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Ninapha(f): 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
we can only ascertain brave men when the guns are at war. because the n/a has no gun u cd speak d truth and now , blarbing cos of fear.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by russellino: 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
When will this sanusi munchkin goin to shut the phuck up and face pressing issues like how cbn policies have enabled the existence and sustenance of cabals. Who even asked him sef? Abi is he now the IG of police. Ewu!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by nduchucks: 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2012
I have not yet read all the posts on this thread but it appears that people are jumping all over themselves at the sight of an opportunity to attack Sanusi. Anyone who believes that Sanusi's only explanation for the cause of BH is simply oil derivation, is outright dumb and dishonest.  

This Sanusi who you love so much to criticize, primarily because of your inferiority complex, may very well become your next President.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by chosenange(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2012
is nigeria moving towards   development  ? rather than much analysis and too much talk.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2012
very shameful attempt by the CBN Governor to redefine what BOKO Haram stands for

I think Sanusi should resign, with folks like him Nigeria will have a big problem and will never defeat terrorism

Boko Haram has never said their problem is with revenue. Let it be on record that this idea was invented by a sitting CBN Governor. If Sanusi does have access to communication with BokoHaram that the rest of the country do not have then Mr Sanusi should say so.

The 13% derivation is not even enough, in an ideal Fedral structure these states should have 100% control of resources within their states and pay taxes to the central Government and not the other way round.

To attempt to use a mindless terrorist action by terrorist to put up a silly argument like this is very shameless and Sanusi should be called upon to resign!
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by hercules07: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
Can we have a link to the Financial Times article that the author made mention of before we start castigating the man, the original post was a report by a third party on what Sanusi said, can we have the real article?
A lot of the people blabbing here have always hated the man so they can not be objective, others only go with him when it suits their own ambitions, I will not criticize until I see the real article.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by logica(m): 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2012
weird mind:

until advocates of unitary mentality centralised everything(lazybones).
Unfortunately, the person who introduced the Unitary System happens to be Igbo - Aguiyi Ironsi. After the counter-coup of '66, the bandits that took over simply continued it as it was now steeped in their favor.
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2012
hercules07:

Can we have a link to the Financial Times article that the author made mention of before we start castigating the man, the original post was a report by a third party on what Sanusi said, can we have the real article?
A lot of the people blabbing here have always hated the man so they can not be objective, others only go with him when it suits their own ambitions, I will not criticize until I see the real article.

You know how it is; objectivity was slaughtered on the alter of ethno-religious jingoism a long time ago.

By Lamido Sanusi Lamido
My attention has been drawn to a story in ThisDay today which suggests I justified BH activities because of uneven distribution of resources and derivation funds to the Niger Delta. I haven't read the story (as I am just on way back from Davos) but would like to issue this clarification to this network:

1. The story was published by the FT of Friday 27th yesterday and can be read by anyone. It is straightforward and clearly there is some mischief here

2. The interview was done long before these bombings indeed part of it had been used in the FT review of Nigeria late last year

3. I have long held the view that ethnic and religious violence in Nigeria has its roots in poverty and deprivation and perceived marginalization. I always said this about the militancy in the delta while fully condemning it, the truth remains that militants tapped into a groundswell of frustration. In addressing that problem we have gone to an extreme now where the levels of poverty in the north are recreating the same conditions and results we saw in the delta

4. I made more or less the same points in interview with David Frost shown on Al Jazeera yesterday and today and I think to be repeated today and sunday.

I hope this clarifies the position and urge anyone interested to read the FT piece which in my view was harmless enough and reflected the substance of my thoughts on the matter-that poverty and marginalization create conditions of the possibility of radicalization.

SLS
Re: Sanusi Links Boko Haram To "oil Derivation". by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2012
BTW the size of the population in the North is the problem of the North.

The south can not be held responsible for a system that promotes men having 3wives and giving birth to tonnes of children they can not raise. I am sure Sanusi will claim his religious right allows him to marry as many as 3wives but you must live up to the economic responsibilities there off.

You can not hold on to an ancient tradition that makes no sense and turn arround to bully the South to pay for the cost implication of uncontrolled birth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igboland Is Not Landlocked / Ekiti Beer Sellers Hail Fayose As He Empowers Them With N10m(photos) / Godswill Edward, Jonathan’s Son-In-Law Joins Cross River Guber Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.