Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? (25292 Views)

Check Out Photos Of Girl Who Slept With Her Boyfriend’s Best Friend In Warri / When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? / Kissed By My Boyfriend's Best Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by olammyday: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2012
My boyfriend and I broke up two weeks ago. Before the break-up, his best friend has been the one mediating between us for close to a month, making efforts to ensure that the bond between us isn't broken but his efforts proved abortive, we eventually had to dissolve the affair.  A week after the relationship crumbled, my ex boyfriend's friend asked me out! I was amazed and confused, that how can the guy helping to mend our affair suddenly become interested in me?? He said he had conceived emotional feelings for me long ago but he couldn't confess because I was already dating his friend. So he took solace in the fact that he cannot marry me. But now that we decided to end the affair, he couldn't help but bring back his feelings and confess them before I hook up with someone else. I told him I am not comfortable with it cos he is my ex's best friend, so my ex will feel kind of betrayed if he finds out and that I don't want to be the subject of a break in their friendship tide. But he insists that my ex would even be happier to find out that I'm with him (in safe hands cos he's no stranger to me). So I asked him to discuss it with my ex, so as to know his position. He did that, and told me that my ex is indifferent about it, that my ex said he(my ex's friend) can ask me out if he wants to. I thought I will be relieved after hearing this, but I'm more confused instead. Please advice me on what to do.
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by WebSurfer(m): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2012
i think there are probabilities but you just have to know you are putting up a big fight between your ex and his friend
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by WebSurfer(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2012
but how are you sure the guys aren't playing with you, guys can be awkward sometimes, it looks that way if his friend agrees a go ahead

2 Likes

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Tosinville(m): 11:33am On Jan 30, 2012
~Planned work~ ur ex is simply bored wit u and don't u no more. Don't be surprise ur ex's friend will also get his own share and dump ur arse & you'll end up been the jest of the day. GirlzWithChickenBrain.com™

2 Likes

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by randyorton: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
those guys (ur ex and his best friend ) have decided to Be Intimate with u and dump you. this his best friend would dump u as soon as he is thru with ya. read this carefully. GUYS ARE SO JEALOUS AND WOULD NOT STAND SEEING SOMEONE THEY KNOW DATE THEIR EX. NEVER!!! ASK ANY GUY FOR HIS SINCERE TAKE ON THIS. INFACT,ONCE A GUY KNOWS YOUR EX,HIS RESPECT FOR U DIMINISHES. STRANGE BUT TRUE.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by freecocoa(f): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2012
How can someone with a brain be seeking advice on something like this for gawd's sakes,is it just me or what?

You broke up just two weeks ago,a week after your ex's best friend is already asking you out and you are even considering dating him if ex okays it,o my days,what a smart chic.

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
I don't which is more pathetic - tthe fact that you will be degraded or your stupidity. Two weeks and you are already considering dating that says a lot about your just ended relationship, and to even think of dating his -wait for this- BEST FRIEND, babes you no dey try at all. Now two scenarios:
1. Your boo never really was into you and permitting his friend to continue his legacy should make you shudder.
2. Both dudes only saw you as a sex object from day one, your boo is tired and it's his friends turn to f.u.ck you to his fill, of course before dumping your daft arse. Forget about his friend saying he had feelings from day one-that one na format.
In conclusion, dupe lowo ori e, the fact that you're on here means that the stars are aligned in your favour. Omoge carry waka, you mission for dat area don expire. A word is enuff, however, if your lust for his friend is overwhelming by all means straff away.

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by randyorton: 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
fresh_dude:

I don't which is more pathetic - tthe fact that you will be degraded or your stupidity. Two weeks and you are already considering dating that says a lot about your just ended relationship, and to even think of dating his -wait for this- BEST FRIEND, babes you no dey try at all. Now two scenarios:
1. Your boo never really was into you and permitting his friend to continue his legacy should make you shudder.
[size=13pt]2. Both dudes only saw you as a sex object from day one, your boo is tired and it's his friends turn to f.u.ck you to his fill, of course before dumping your daft arse. Forget about his friend saying he had feelings from day one-that one na format. [/size]
   In conclusion, dupe lowo ori e, the fact that you're on here means that the stars are aligned in your favour. Omoge carry waka, you mission for dat area don expire. A word is enuff, however, if your lust for his friend is overwhelming by all means straff away.

Exactly. I dont understand why some babes have nothing upstairs. Many of them are like the Op. That is d reason u see 3 brother fo,orkin a girl.

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by bekay911(f): 2:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hmm wonders wont cease. Just have it @ d back of ur mind dat if u carry out ur plan u will be an object of mockery, discussion material and a sex tool. He will neva take u serious.
Afterall ur ex's bestfnd blivs dat wat is good for goose is gud for him too

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by deniyor: 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
The best friend is one sneaky bastard!!!! I  bet he couldn't wait for the relationship to be over before moving in. Haba one week?!?!?!?!

Just an advice to you OP,
You just ended one relationship and you are already considering another one? It doesn't matter that the guy is your ex's bff. It's always a sign of dependency and emotional instability when one jumps from relationship to relationship. Have you taken the time to heal from your just concluded relationship? What hv you learnt from it?
What would you do if your ex decides to come back and work things out with you? What would you expect the ex to do? Give you off and start a life time feud with his former bff?

If you decide to date this friend, how do you think he would view you? How must respect do you think he will have for you? How do you think he would feel if you both are hving problems and another friend mediates? Or any of other friends say just hello to you?

Woman, there is a thin line btw what women are considered respectable and those tht they consider slutty.
The writing is on the wall. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Divaifylor(f): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2012
deniyor:

The best friend is one sneaky bastard!!!! I bet he couldn't wait for the relationship to be over before moving in. Haba one week?!?!?!?!

Just an advice to you OP,
You just ended one relationship and you are already considering another one? It doesn't matter that the guy is your ex's bff. It's always a sign of dependency and emotional instability when one jumps from relationship to relationship. Have you taken the time to heal from your just concluded relationship? What hv you learnt from it?
What would you do if your ex decides to come back and work things out with you? What would you expect the ex to do? Give you off and start a life time feud with his former bff?

If you decide to date this friend, how do you think he would view you? How must respect do you think he will have for you? How do you think he would feel if you both are hving problems and another friend mediates? Or any of other friends say just hello to you?

Woman, there is a thin line btw what women consider respectable and tht they consider slutty.
The writing is on the wall. Good luck
abeg u 2 korrectcheesy
fresh_dude:

I don't know which is more pathetic - the fact that you will be degraded or your stupidity. Two weeks and you are already considering dating that says a lot about your just ended relationship, and to even think of dating his -wait for this- BEST FRIEND, babes you no dey try at all. Now two scenarios:
2. Both dudes only saw you as a sex object from day one, your boo is tired and it's his friends turn to f.u.ck you to his fill, of course before dumping your daft arse. Forget about his friend saying he had feelings from day one-that one na format.
seconded,thirded,e.t.c. U pple have said it all,abi chic u wan confirm? Dat will b at ur own risk. Are u sure dat guy is not responsible 4 ur break up with ur ex?

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2012
fresh_dude:

lol. This is as blunt as it can get
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by deavicky(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
baby i understand you need a sharp replacement do what you like. who knows, the guy might have a pure heart of love i av seen it happen several times. all you need to do, is just to keep going out with him but don't Zap. him. that is if you can keep it long. nobody will tell him to run if his in tension is just to come and sample.

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by ajadek(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
Sex object, chop make a chop
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by omega25red(m): 4:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
poster

it's a setup don't i repeat[b] DONT[/b] do it. you will be known as a LovePeddler trust me. Why the heck would you even consider dating someone who was so close to the two of you and for that matter it's only been two weeks. Are you that insecure that you can't be by yourself even for a month?

Anyway dont do it tell that fool to go away
fresh_dude:

dude i didnt see this before i responded. Poster here it is the answer you seek

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by deniyor: 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2012
I missed the part where the ex is okay with her dating the friend

definitely a case of passing her around - definitely.

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by SAFO(m): 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2012
It ain't no funnnnnnn

If the homies can't havvvvvvvvve none.

It ain't no funnnnnnn

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by MrsChima1(f): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
SAFO:

It ain't no funnnnnnn

It ain't no funnnnnnn

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by MrsChima1(f): 11:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
Everybody isn't your friend and it is easy to say I am your friend then to actually be your friend these days. 

Empty wagons make the most noise.
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by pedestal82(m): 11:13pm On Jan 30, 2012
@all, u ppl are just shouting its too early, two weeks, and she is thinking abt dating again? Let me ask u guys , just because one had a car accident doesn't mean, he/she will not enter a car again, in fact its a vehicle that will get him/her to a hospital! Una just dey here seriouisly they advice the daft OP. Oh girl ride on, since them born u as slowpoke, wey u no knw say na chop I chop them wan do u. ODE!
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Mynd44: 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2012
Ping pong is always an interesting sport

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by MrsChima1(f): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
Mynd_44:

Ping pong is always an interesting sport

Until people start transferring AIDS/HIV. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Mynd44: 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2012
Get strapped na.
As weed smokers say puff puff pass. This is nyansh nyansh pass

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by SAFO(m): 12:08am On Jan 31, 2012
^^^ Falls off empty Wagon. grin
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Mynd44: 12:09am On Jan 31, 2012
Hope you did not break your neck?
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by SAFO(m): 12:12am On Jan 31, 2012
Almost though but you guys are killing me. This poor girl will have nightmares. She will never date again. grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 31, 2012
OP clap for your self because you are ASHAWO angry
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Mynd44: 12:28am On Jan 31, 2012
Guy stop it. It is an insult to all ASHES. Atleast, they get paid. She will be used like a 12/13 spanner and then when she becomes a squeezed out orange, dumped like last when's meat loaf
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by omega25red(m): 1:17am On Jan 31, 2012
SAFO:

It ain't no funnnnnnn

It ain't no funnnnnnn

guess whos back in the mofo house with a fat dic for your mofo mouth grin grin thats ma joint
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Mynd44: 1:27am On Jan 31, 2012
Nice
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by marry303: 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
My name is Mary and my ex-boyfriend dumped me 8 months ago after I caught him of having an affair with someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don't know what to do, so I visited the INTERNET for help and I saw a testimony on how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problems to him..... he cast a spell for me and assure me of 3 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my peter came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you RE UNITING EX SPELL TEMPLE caster, you are truly talented and gifted contact his email: Reunitingexspell@gmail.com All thanks to the source of my happiness{ DR. MAGBU}.
Re: Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 11, 2013
bandiejay: OP clap for your self because you are ASHAWO angry

Stop talking like a kid! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm 36 Not Sure If I Love My Fiancee And I Don't Want To Cheat On My Wife. / I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? / If A Girl Walks Up To A Man And Expresses Her Feelings; Is She Cheap Or Brave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.