Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (809910 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by chiefghost02: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2023
Emezro007:
It's not easy, getting jobs and even accommodation. Anyone here knows or has a housing agent in Stirling should please link me up.

Try check for apartments on rightmove, focus your search around FK10. Are you in Stirling already?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by honTim(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2023
Hi Community,

Please a relative of mine (female) is in urgent need of accommodation within Sheffield. She just started her Masters Program at Sheffield Hallam University and has not been able to secure accommodation. Please any help with respect to the accommodation will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Precious4us: 9:17am On Sep 28, 2023
Please I am looking for an accommodation in plymouth. I got an offer with university of plymouth for September 2023 intake. Pls any help
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Adenosa: 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Please, I got an offer and will be joining the University of Bolton for Jan 2024 session, MSc. Please I need someone there or that will be going there, to connect with. Please, Contact me via email adezconcept2023@gmail.com
Bikoooooo...abeggg
I also want to ask if U. of Bolton is a great University. The good things and the poor things about the school, please share.
Please, help a sister in need of answers and direction

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Rerin: 5:15am On Oct 05, 2023
Hello everyone, please does it require police clearance for UK spouse visa?
Please assist with all the requirements to achieve positive decision for UK spouse visa.
All requirements for child visa to a British father and born outside UK.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Awesomeosas: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
Good day gurus in the house, I am planning of relocating to Sunderland for a master program in international business management. Gurus I would like to know if as a student it is easy to get a job. I will appreciate if anyone can help me on this.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by csandy(f): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hi everyone,
Please I would like to find out where you guys think would be best for a new student, off or in campus. My School is the university of hertfordshire.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Tohsynetita1: 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
Awesomeosas:
Good day gurus in the house, I am planning of relocating to Sunderland for a master program in international business management. Gurus I would like to know if as a student it is easy to get a job. I will appreciate if anyone can help me on this.
try to learn something like, forklift operation, truck driving, electrician, vulcanizing, carpentry, welding, etc. if you learn any and certified. Omo, money go tire you. But if not, you can be doing care giving, which doesn't really pay.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emezro007: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2023
chiefghost02:

Try check for apartments on rightmove, focus your search around FK10. Are you in Stirling already?
I am in Stirling. I have a question, do you have any idea on how one can travel from the UK to Nigeria via Spain transit visa. How can on apply for a transit visa?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Emezro007: 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
justwise:
Share your surviving tips here. . .

-How did you get your part-time job . .

-Cheap student accommodation . .

-How do you call home cheaply . .

Ask your questions here and if there is something missing on the list then suggest and it will be added.
How can one apply and get a transit visa (Spain) in the UK? Travelling from the UK to Nigeria using Spanish transit visa.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by livviee: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hello all! Please my brother will be coming to Aberdeen in January and in need of accommodation. Please does anyone have any information and he is also looking to connect with anyone schooling there. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Tochitee(m): 12:15am On Dec 08, 2023
If you want to send a something from Nigeria,any company that does that??
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Samstan4: 3:21am On Dec 17, 2023
Please anyone in wales? How easy is it getting a job as a student?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Awesomeosas: 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2023
Good day everyone,

I will be relocating to Sunderland for study by February. Please can anyone tell me how to go about flight and accommodation🙏🙏🙏
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by eliascomm55: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2023
Emezro007:
How can one apply and get a transit visa (Spain) in the UK? Travelling from the UK to Nigeria using Spanish transit visa.
visit the spain embassy website and apply. Attach a copy of your flight itinerary and your passport data page with 2 passport photographs
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Engineer05: 1:34am On Feb 07
Good morning all,,

I'm applying for MSc in Environmental Engineering at Cranfield University.

Please I need advices to gain a clearer understanding.

Wheather there are better top-ranked UK universities with a stronger focus on environmental engineering?

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by mahesh819: 9:04pm On Feb 07
Surviving as a Nigerian student in the UK involves various strategies and adjustments to cope with the challenges of living abroad. Here are some common ways Nigerian students in the UK navigate their circumstances:

Financial Management: Many Nigerian students rely on scholarships, grants, part-time jobs, or financial support from family to cover tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses. Budgeting wisely and seeking opportunities for financial assistance can help stretch limited resources.

Part-Time Employment: Working part-time is common among Nigerian students to supplement their income. They often seek jobs in retail, hospitality, tutoring, or administrative roles. Balancing work and studies requires effective time management skills.

Community Support: Nigerian students often form tight-knit communities with fellow nationals or join multicultural student organizations. These communities provide emotional support, advice, and a sense of belonging, helping students navigate cultural differences and homesickness.

Cultural Adaptation: Adjusting to a new culture can be challenging. Nigerian students immerse themselves in British culture, customs, and norms while preserving their own cultural identity. Engaging in cultural exchange activities and making friends from diverse backgrounds facilitate integration.

Accommodation Options: Nigerian students choose accommodation options based on affordability, proximity to universities, and amenities. Some opt for university halls of residence, shared flats, or private rentals. Sharing accommodation with fellow students can help reduce living costs.

Health and Wellbeing: Accessing healthcare services and maintaining physical and mental well-being are priorities for Nigerian students. They register with a local doctor, utilize campus health services, and engage in recreational activities to manage stress and stay healthy.

Academic Support: Nigerian students leverage academic resources such as libraries, study groups, and tutorial sessions to excel in their studies. Seeking help from professors, academic advisors, or tutoring services can address any academic challenges they encounter.

Cultural Cuisine: While adjusting to British cuisine, Nigerian students often cook traditional dishes to maintain a connection to their homeland. They may also explore international grocery stores or restaurants to find familiar ingredients and flavors.

Networking and Career Development: Nigerian students actively participate in career fairs, workshops, and networking events to enhance their employability prospects. Building professional relationships, securing internships, and gaining work experience contribute to their career development goals.

Legal and Immigration Compliance: Adhering to UK visa regulations and understanding legal requirements are crucial for Nigerian students. They stay informed about immigration policies, renew visas on time, and seek guidance from university international offices or legal advisors when needed.

Overall, Nigerian students in the UK survive and thrive by embracing resilience, resourcefulness, and adaptability in the face of diverse challenges encountered during their academic journey abroad.

LEH LADAKH TOUR FROM MUMBAI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.