Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,751 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Opening The Door For Ladies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opening The Door For Ladies (7282 Views)

What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by richy5(m): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

For me its a polite gesture, no different from me opening a door for an elderly person.
ladies not elderly person,
~Killz~:

So if a man opens doors for you, he impresses your pant? Smh! undecided
Je still dey ask
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by InkedNerd(f): 11:54am On Feb 07, 2012
@richy:

ladies not elderly person

I see no difference whether its for the elderly or for me, its only a nice gesture.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2012
It's an act of courtesy & politeness. Some guys are not consistent and opens door for ladies whom they are interested with, it means he is merely showing off as a gentleman. In some cases, the act of gentleness in most men may decline over time as the relationship gets older.

Politeness and gentleness among men can be simply define and judged accordingly on how well they treat their mother, sisters and elder women in the family.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by pendo89(f): 11:57am On Feb 07, 2012
Its the right thing to do,even though some ladies are too hostile and violent to accomodate such kind gestures.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by LongOne1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
Personally, whatever it takes to score (oops, me brain’s cd just skipped) rephrasing, if it makes her happy, then fine by me. Trouble with some African girls is they don’t appreciate the finer things in life (they too nigger-ish) and will look at you like a sucker. (Warning; opening doors are to be done at your own discretion)

As someone once put it, a woman is like a job application, you have to tailor your CV (yourself) to match the job description (her girlie feelings/fantasies of what a man should be) – for them softies, or colonise her using more aggressive strategies – applicable to them ghetto ones.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Ammyng(f): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2012
Mynd_44:

It is the answer your dumb question deserves

You are sick no doubt. Typical Naija dude
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by pendo89(f): 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
Long One:

or colonise her using more aggressive strategies – applicable to them ghetto ones.

LOL!!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konjour(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2012
I can open and hold a door for my mum,but my girl'd know better than waiting

for me to open the door for her,perhaps in situations where she's got her hands

filled up. However,while deliberately waiting for me to open the door for her,pull

seats as a sign of chivalry,she's gonna develop grey patches of hair.

What the Zap happened to her hands?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2012
The last time I tried this was as a very young teenager who still had this[b] horribly-off [/b]belief that women were majestic and were to be respected.
I received so foul an insult from the girl that I resolved [b]NEVER [/b]to do it again ever (unless if her hands are full/amputated or something).
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2012
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Limaoscar: 2:50am On Feb 11, 2012
Good manners. Shows good culture too. I still do it as often as I can .
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 11, 2012
/
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Oletunow(m): 4:06am On Feb 11, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

For me its a polite gesture, no different from me opening a door for an elderly person.

So many times have you been so polite to open the door for males or your husband? Or does this politeness of a gesture only cut one way?, I was brought up to believe that, what is good for the goose is equally good for the gander, or isn't it so?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by iykak47: 4:39am On Feb 11, 2012
What happens to GENDER EQUALITY,women should not shout equal right only when it suits them, they should also open doors for men.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Buhari1(m): 5:07am On Feb 11, 2012
Ahhhh, I do it all the time. As a matter of fact I enjoy doing it but mainly in the dark or when no one is looking. I also shut the door after she has made herself comfortable. Hey NL guys, forget all the ego bullshit, this definitely guarantees action in the bedroom. grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 11, 2012
For me, I would have probably grown up doing stuff like that if not for that very rude insult from the last girl I did it for a very long time ago in my teens.
She started laughing out loud and made a self=flattering statement "look at dis nigga tryna get some p[i]u[/i]ssy" and then walked away without even so much as a thank you out of courtesy.

Just one of the many experiences a man goes through while growing up that make him understand that women aren't really all that worth the hassle. . .
I would even rather open a door for a man (and still do) because the interaction is always much more pleasant. Dude says thanks you say no problem.  smiley

but women? hehe. They just love to transform things and bring this awkward air into what would have been a very simple civilized interaction.
They're on their own with doors and such, unless it's a woman I actually know and isn't just some random person.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by ektbear: 5:52am On Feb 11, 2012
Something I attempt to do more frequently these days. Not much of a gentleman, but trying to improve.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by zolzlolz(f): 7:19am On Feb 11, 2012
iykak47:

What happens to GENDER EQUALITY,women should not shout equal right only when it suits them
that's what I was saying
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by zolzlolz(f): 7:19am On Feb 11, 2012
iykak47:

What happens to GENDER EQUALITY,women should not shout equal right only when it suits them
that's what I was saying
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by InkedNerd(f): 7:26am On Feb 11, 2012
Oletunow:

So many times have you been so polite to open the door for males or your husband? Or does this politeness of a gesture only cut one way?, I was brought up to believe that, what is good for the goose is equally good for the gander, or isn't it so?

What makes you think I've never opened a door for a guy before or done things like that for a guy?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konnektions146(m): 7:30am On Feb 11, 2012
ladies are like children, u do a particular thin and yu stop doin it, it becomes an issue, so its better yu nerver start.
in fact, i ve never done it, it does crosses my mind but wen i rememeber i may not always do it , mehn, i bone am.

so its better the lady opens de door herself rather than wait for me to turn off the engine, alight and run to open de car, abeg there re beter way to be gentlemanly.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by InkedNerd(f): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2012
Konnektions146:

ladies are like children, u do a particular thin and yu stop doin it, it becomes an issue, so its better yu nerver start.
in fact, i ve never done it, it does crosses my mind but  wen i rememeber i may not always do it , mehn, i bone am.

so its better the lady opens de door herself rather than wait for me to turn off the engine, alight and run to open de car, abeg there re beter way to be gentlemanly.

Common decency doesn't kill people ya know. Despsite whatever foolish notions you have about what women are or how we operate, we are nothing like children just as you men are not the dogs that some women proclaim you to be.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konnektions146(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Common decency doesn't kill people ya know. Despsite whatever foolish notions you have about what women are or how we operate, we are nothing like children just as you men are not the dogs that some women proclaim you to be.

lets be realistic dear, wen yu do a particular thin for a lady and after a while yu cease, no matter de cause, she will term it that yu have change and de only reason dat could cross her mind is dat yu gotten wat yu wanted or that yu re gettin tired of her.
yu know ladies takes into note certain small small details that guy consider flimsy and not-too-important, so its just better not to excite a lady with some of those yu know wont last so she takes yu as yu and yu guys stay peaceful.
just my humbble observation
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chnges(m): 7:50am On Feb 11, 2012
Konnektions146:

in fact, i ve never done it, it does crosses my mind but  wen i rememeber i may not always do it , mehn, i bone am.

makes sense.

Text a lady every morning & skip it a day, the next thing u'll hear is ''shey you've found another gurl?''

Buy a lady a cup of ice cream every day you visit her, skip it and she'll say ''you don't love me again''

While driving, allow your lady to stay @ the front seat and your friend @ the back seat. Skip it a day and you'll hear ''hmm so you take ur friends advice without considering mine''

So i never start what i may not stick to
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konnektions146(m): 7:56am On Feb 11, 2012
^^^
i guess yu re talkin from experiences, lol

umu nwanyi, nsogbu unu kariri
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Haribo: 8:02am On Feb 11, 2012
iykak47:

What happens to GENDER EQUALITY,women should not shout equal right only when it suits them, they should also open doors for men.

We're Nigerians OK!!! Remember?? Gender equality does not exist in Nigeria!!! Instead of opening the door for a woman, most Naija men will expect a woman to open the door for them!! Afterall, they're men!! Am I right or am I right??

The term 'chivalry is dead' does not apply to Naija people. To us, chivalry never existed in the first place.

The correct Naija response to the OP's question is N/A - Not applicable

Anyhoo, I politely thank anyone that opens a door for me. If I get to the door !st I'll open it myself. No biggie.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 11, 2012
I really don't think there's a big deal opening doors for ladies or not. Personally, if I'm ahead I just open the door and leave it open for whoever is behind me-male, female, children-life's easier that way. As for my gf, when I had one I always did, it was my pleasure. However, if as my babe you get to the door before me and wait for me to come and open wey nor be say you get boil for your palms we might as well stand outside thhe door and gist till you really want to enter.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by InkedNerd(f): 8:10am On Feb 11, 2012
Konnektions146:

lets be realistic dear, wen yu do a particular thin for a lady and after a while yu cease, no matter de cause, she will term it that yu have change and de only reason dat could cross her mind is dat yu gotten wat yu wanted or that yu re gettin tired of her.
yu know ladies takes into note certain small small details that guy consider flimsy and not-too-important, so its just better not to excite a lady with some of those yu know wont last  so she takes yu as yu and  yu guys stay peaceful.
just my humbble observation

I don't need anyone to open any door for myself. I have stated that before and I will state that again. For me, all it is is a polite gesture. After all, I have two  functioning hands of my own. I know many men don't care about even being courteous in such a manner so I don't even expect it, especially from African men [no offense]. What you described is no different from a guy observing a change in behavior of a girl that he may be interested in. It goes both way, its not a one sided issue. While I will agree that such thoughts may creep into a woman's mind, that's not to say that it is any different for men. Just because the manner which a man may express or observe this behavior doesn't change the nature of it. I've had guys open doors for me, and as a whole I've always thought of it as common courtesy. I didn't fly over the moon because it was a guy doing it. Regardless of gender I still appreciate it, especially given the fact that many people today can be downright nasty!

In all, I understand what you're saying. Here's an idea, did it ever occur to you that it may not be that we women think of it as chivalry or a romantic gesture but rather it is something that with time has been perpetuated by men as a means of dictating the manner that a man should treat a woman? Just some food for thought.

Konnektions146:

^^^
i guess yu re talkin from experiences, lol

umu nwanyi, nsogbu unu kariri

Nna, the same can be said about you and your menfolk wink

fresh_dude:

I really don't think there's a big deal opening doors for ladies or not. Personally, if I'm ahead I just open the door and leave it open for whoever is behind me-male, female, children-life's easier that way. As for my gf, when I had one I always did, it was my pleasure. However, if as my babe you get to the door before me and wait for me to come and open wey nor be say you get boil for your palms we might as well stand outside thhe door and gist till you really want to enter.

lol, that is perfectly understandable. I see no reason why a woman should be standing there waiting for a guy when she approached the door first.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by ceejayluv(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2012
Gender equality? Dat reminds me,
"PENTAGON TO PUT WOMEN CLOSER TO COMBAT"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/pentagon-to-put-women-closer-to-combat/
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by InkedNerd(f): 9:03am On Feb 11, 2012
ceejayluv:

Gender equality? Dat reminds me,
"PENTAGON TO PUT WOMEN CLOSER TO COMBAT"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/pentagon-to-put-women-closer-to-combat/

I'm still waiting for that day. I don't know what the hell is taking them so long. Reminds me of an old debate care I used from high school on women in combat.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Wislet(f): 9:16am On Feb 11, 2012
2buff:

For me, I would have probably grown up doing stuff like that if not for that very rude insult from the last girl I did it for a very long time ago in my teens.
She started laughing out loud and made a self=flattering statement "look at dis nigga tryna get some p[i]u[/i]ssy" and then walked away without even so much as a thank you out of courtesy.

Just one of the many experiences a man goes through while growing up that make him understand that women aren't really all that worth the hassle. . .
I would even rather open a door for a man (and still do) because the interaction is always much more pleasant. Dude says thanks you say no problem. smiley

but women? hehe. They just love to transform things and bring this awkward air into what would have been a very simple civilized interaction.
They're on their own with doors and such, unless it's a woman I actually know and isn't just some random person.

And who did this to my swthrt?? angry angry
Let me nt catch u!
Don't worry sweerie, u hv a lady now cool wink grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by claremont(m): 9:50am On Feb 11, 2012
Eyah:

[size=13pt]Politeness and gentleness among men can be simply define and judged accordingly on how well they treat their mother, sisters and elder women in the family.[/size]

I don't agree with this, and I don't think there is any evidence to support this statement. The fact that people keep on making this statement doesn't mean there is an iota of truth in it. I don't believe you can measure how a man will treat a lady in the future based on how he treated his mum/sisters in the past.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Birthday Month Is Your Husband (pic) / Photos Of Me And My Girlfriend /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.