Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,015 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Opening The Door For Ladies - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opening The Door For Ladies (7280 Views)

What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by yuzedo: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2012
I open doors for ladies, hold it open for guys, give up my seat on the bus for women, and stay nice to old people. No big deal, all part of personal values. Besides, Lagos was a better place when that culture was in place. I think simple courtesy and etiquette is essential.
. . . And yes, it gets me laid sometimes. . . ;-)
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by freecocoa(f): 11:14am On Feb 11, 2012
I don't wait for anyone to open the door of a car for me,before he's even done with his own door I don dey outside the car dey wait. cheesy,but whenever I'm entering a building with a guy,I expect him to open the door for me,if he doesn't kwanu,I jejely open the door myself(my hand no break),I don't classify a guy as a "gentleman" because he opens the door for a lady.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by eastOFwest(m): 11:18am On Feb 11, 2012
Ok. In Nigeria u r better off opening your wallet (rather than doors) to get laid.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by eastOFwest(m): 11:21am On Feb 11, 2012
freecocoa:
I don't classify a guy as a "gentleman" because he opens the door for a lady.

What do classify such a guy as then?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Mucokey(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2012
That's very unafrican
except your wife is
disabled.
you guys can't stop 2 amaze me
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konnektions146(m): 11:27am On Feb 11, 2012
^^^
@ ***cocoa,
better,
u just reminded me of a training i attended on etiquette from de office,they said we shoul open door for ladies,slide de chair for de lady wen in de restaurant or de likes, wen we got back to de hotel, see ladies dey wait make guy practice, trust nigerian men, dey chop leave de ladies for de restaurant.

but i love naija babe, dey know how to adjust to naija men ways.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by freecocoa(f): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2012
eastOFwest:

What do classify such a guy as then?
I don't classify him as anything either,what I'm saying is opening doors for ladies doesn't make someone a gentleman in my own dictionary,I know people who are far from gentlemen who open doors for ladies,anybody can open doors,gentleman or not.

@konnektions,I'm imagining the scenario,I trust my naija brothers,we are already used to una pattern so no be new thing. grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konnektions146(m): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2012
lol
happy weekend babe, hw re yu?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MissyB3(f): 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2012
Males are supposed to learn certain things in their teen years - Open the door for ladies, hold the door for them, give them precedence, treat them right and be gentle with/to them.  cool
These days, we just have too many males that grew up without parental guidance, hence their misconduct.
The few ones that were trained do these things, and I'm lucky to know and have met some.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by freecocoa(f): 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2012
@konnektions, I'm good dear,how you doing too sweets?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konnektions146(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2012
nne nne, a na m eme ofuma,
enwere m wedding to attend, bia k'iburo odozi aku m
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Flashaldrin(m): 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
Konnektions146:

lol
happy weekend babe, hw re yu?
I'm watching you man, stick to topic! sad
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chnges(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
Lol grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by freecocoa(f): 12:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
Konnektions146:

nne nne, a na m eme ofuma,
enwere m wedding to attend, bia k'iburo odozi aku m
Hahaha,I wish na m'ga esonwu gi ga the wedding but flash no go gree. cheesy
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by doctimothy: 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2012
One thing I don't like is routine, I can do it anytime I feel like
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Flashaldrin(m): 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2012
freecocoa:

Hahaha,I wish na m'ga esonwu gi ga the wedding but flash no go gree. cheesy
simples! See you later man wink
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by favouredjb(f): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
Afam u ve never had a girlfrnd?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konnektions146(m): 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Flashaldrin:

flash my man, i see yu watch out for yur lady, makin me jealous huhh,
enjoy man yu got it right, enjoy yur weekend man
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2012
Missy_B:

Males are supposed to learn certain things in their teen years - Open the door for ladies, hold the door for them, give them precedence, treat them right and be gentle with/to them.  cool
These days, we just have too many males that grew up without parental guidance, hence their misconduct.
The few ones that were trained, do these things, and I'm lucky to know and have met some.
Sorry to burst your bubble miss but we aint in England where the so called rules of etiquette might mean something. Where I grew up and where I live you must not try it. Men grow up learning their own culture not some borrowed nonsense. And btw going by that culture you're so enamored by ladies are supposed to have some quite confidence and speak ever so lady-likely but not so around these here parts. Moral of my story? when in Naija do as Naijans do. Damn.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by jpphilips(m): 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2012
it is over ambitious for a lady to still bank on semantics like gentleman etc. the modern woman has pursued independence, liberation,equality and emancipation with impunity such that in her world a man is totally emasculated.
it is only a f00lish man that retains his chivalry while the modern woman pursue equality, since we are socially equal, i can as well muscle you out of a queue or sit while u stand in a train.
chivalry is only for the elderly and disabled the modern woman can take care of herself
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by doctimothy: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2012
it is over ambitious for a lady to still bank on semantics like
gentleman etc. the modern woman has pursued independence,
liberation,equality and emancipation with impunity such that in her
world a man is totally emasculated.
it is only a f00lish man that retains his chivalry while the modern
woman pursue equality, since we are socially equal, i can as well
muscle you out of a cue or sit while u stand in a train.
chivalry is only for the elderly and disabled the modern woman
can take care of herself
@jp phillips: Spot on man!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MissyB3(f): 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2012
fresh_dude:

Sorry to burst your bubble miss but we aint in England where the so called rules of etiquette might mean something. Where I grew up and where I live you must not try it. Men grow up learning their own  culture not some borrowed nonsense. And btw going by that culture you're so enamored by ladies are supposed to have some quite confidence and speak ever so lady-likely but not so around these here parts. Moral of my story? when in Naija do as Naijans do. Damn.
Being a Nigerian is not reason enough to be discourteous. . . Very flimsy excuse.
If you were not taught to be civil and gentle as a kid, you can learn now . . .It's never too late.  smiley
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Flashaldrin(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2012
Konnektions146:

flash my man, i see yu watch out for yur lady, makin me jealous huhh,
enjoy man yu got it right, enjoy yur weekend man
yes o, i watch out for her, incase of people like you tongue
have a nice weekend too, i hope your team won today wink
jp philips:

it is over ambitious for a lady to still bank on semantics like gentleman etc. the modern woman has pursued independence, liberation,equality and emancipation with impunity such that in her world a man is totally emasculated.
it is only a f00lish man that retains his chivalry while the modern woman pursue equality, since we are socially equal, i can as well muscle you out of a cue or sit while u stand in a train.
chivalry is only for the elderly and disabled the modern woman can take care of herself
plucking the thoughts right from the sino-atrial node of my heart! Man. . . Can i get you atleast a cup of warm zobo?? embarassed
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by FRANKLINTON(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
It's a gentlemanly behaviour but some communities regard it as being a mugu and acting suspicious. I guess- when in Rome do as the Romans do. SIMPLES
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by TroyJay(m): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
What ladies? The ones claiming independence? undecided Being gentlemanly is subjective. Anyone that thinks i'm a gentleman because i opened a car door should better wake up and realize that the train is about to leave the damned station! And if you think i'm no gentleman because i refused to slide back a seat for you to sit on, pls wake up and smell the coffee! If i'm dating a so called "Independent" woman, should she be "dependent" on me to open a car door? Talk about hypocrisy!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by jpphilips(m): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2012
it is only a f00lish man that retains his chivalry while the modern woman pursue equality, since we are socially equal, i can as well muscle you out of a queue or sit while u stand in a train.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by zolzlolz(f): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2012
TroyJay:

If i'm dating a so called "Independent" woman, should she be "dependent" on me to open a car door? Talk about hypocrisy!
haha! True.
jp philips:

since we are socially equal, i can as well muscle you out of a cue
dude, don't do it. It's called BAD MANNERS!
jp philips:

THANK YOU! This should sum up this discussion!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by zolzlolz(f): 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
Ladies, if God gave you hands that work, be grateful and open the damn door yourself!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 11, 2012
yuzedo:

I open doors for ladies, hold it open for guys, give up my seat on the bus for women, and stay nice to old people. No big deal, all part of personal values. Besides, Lagos was a better place when that culture was in place. I think simple courtesy and etiquette is essential.
. . . And yes, it gets me laid sometimes. . . ;-)

Nice!( but the getting laid part? grin)
I love to see etiquette from men And women. It really does reflect personal values. There are the rude people who dont appreciate this but that their problem! Dont let the rude people affect who you are ( 2buff wink)
Just today, I was going into a store. There was a woman in front of me and 2 behind me. A man, who was entering first, opened the door and told us all to go in quickly from the cold.He went in after us. We ALL thanked him and it was a very sweet gesture. I dont ever hesitate to hold a door and if someone doesnt say thank you then it simply reflects on themself,not me. cheesy
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MissyB3(f): 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2012
talina:

Nice!( but the getting laid part?  grin)
I love to see etiquette from men And women. It really does reflect personal values. There are the rude people who dont appreciate this but that their problem! Dont let the rude people affect who you are ( 2buff wink)
Just today, I was going into a store. There was a woman in front of me and 2 behind me. A man, who was entering first, opened the door and told us all to go in quickly from the cold.He went in after us. We ALL thanked him and it was a very sweet gesture. I dont ever hesitate to hold a door and if someone doesnt say thank you then it simply reflects on themself,not me. cheesy
Peach!
I get like treatment often, not to mention the countless times I was not allowed to lift a seat because a civilized man insisted on helping me out - including black dudes. And I'm usually like - this one can't be a Nigerian . . .You can't be this gentlemanly and cute, and at the same time, be a Nigerian. Na winch?  grin

It's a shame that Naija men are making a mountain outta this very molehill. . . Even in public. Shame!  angry
Nigerian women are women and should be treated thusly.
The excuse of 'it's not our culture' is plain phockery. . .Do not make it seem like whoever brought you up did a lousy job.

Having said that, no one is dependent on you or asking you to do this stuff, it's simply what you ought to do. . . .Lack of it speaks volumes about your person.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Metalgoong(m): 11:24pm On Feb 11, 2012
Opening a door for a lady, naija gals in particular?? . . . . That can only happen if I'm her Aide-De-Camp grin grin grin grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^^ try it sometime grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Likely Signs That A Guy Is A Virgin / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? / Guys That Have Skinny Girlfriends, How Do You Guys Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.