Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Opening The Door For Ladies - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opening The Door For Ladies (7281 Views)

What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2012
Opening the doors is not even a big deal anymore.

Where I am, either sex opens the door and leaves the door for the other person. It's common etiquette. It's whoever reaches the door first, abeg.

IMHO, I'd rather no one opens the door for me. It's rather annoying that I have to ran to the door just because one person is holding it open. Lemme take my sweet time to reach the door abeg.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^^ haha! I know what you mean about running to the door faster than you want to get there grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
How bout some people who holds the door for some pulling in into the parking lot. Just lame things in the name of being gentleman
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2012
REALITY101:

How bout some people who holds the door for some pulling in into the parking lot. Just lame things in the name of being gentleman

That seems pretty extreme, like theyre trying too hard.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Challas(m): 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2012
This was what happened in my office last week thursday,i have a female colleague  and it happened that we came to work that morning almost at d same time.i saw her coming behind me but it will take her approximately 60 seconds to get to d door judging from her distance.I entered and closed d door knowing fully well that she was right behind me.When she entered eventually,her goodmorning to me was "why didn't u wait 4 me to enter b4 u closed d door?don't u know that am a lady and should be treated as one?" and my answer was straight and simple "I NO BE GENTLEMAN LIKE THAT",
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 12, 2012
Missy_B:

Being a Nigerian is not reason enough to be discourteous. . . Very flimsy excuse.
If you were not taught to be civil and gentle as a kid, you can learn now . . .It's never too late.  smiley
Well you haven't proven me wrong have you, I recognise the insult to my upbringing and 'upbringers' how ladylike. Truth is in real life I could be the most courteous man (anybody who knows me in the flesh will tell you this). I know this might be a bit difficult to comprehend but, just because I don't agree with your rules doesn't make me less privileged (as we can infer that your parents and family did a wonderful job of telling you what to demand of 'real men'). Like I said missy 'when in Rome', don't make me rpeat myself.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 12, 2012
Missy_B:

Peach!
I get like treatment often, not to mention the countless times I was not allowed to lift a seat because a civilized man insisted on helping me out - including black dudes. And I'm usually like - this one can't be a Nigerian . . .You can't be this gentlemanly and cute, and at the same time, be a Nigerian. Na winch?  grin

It's a shame that Naija men are making a mountain outta this very molehill. . . Even in public. Shame!  angry
Nigerian women are women and should be treated thusly.
The excuse of 'it's not our culture' is plain phockery. . .Do not make it seem like whoever brought you up did a lousy job.

Having said that, no one is dependent on you or asking you to do these stuff, it's simply what you ought to do. . . .Lack of it speaks volumes about your person.
Missy_B:

Peach!
I get like treatment often, not to mention the countless times I was not allowed to lift a seat because a civilized man insisted on helping me out - including black dudes. And I'm usually like - this one can't be a Nigerian . . .You can't be this gentlemanly and cute, and at the same time, be a Nigerian. Na winch?  grin

It's a shame that Naija men are making a mountain outta this very molehill. . . Even in public. Shame!  angry
The excuse of 'it's not our culture' is plain phockery. . .Do not make it seem like whoever brought you up did a lousy job.

Having said that, no one is dependent on you or asking you to do these stuff, it's simply what you ought to do. . . .Lack of it speaks volumes about your person.
Oh please get off your 15-storey horse. Who cares what my not-opening-doors tells strangers about me? The truth is missy that if noone opens any doors for ya in the next gazillion years nothing will happen. Today's independent woman should know better than to feel sore about unopened doors, damn! I need to get off this bloody matter already.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MissyB3(f): 12:27am On Feb 12, 2012
fresh_dude:

Well you haven't proven me wrong have you, I recognise the insult to my upbringing and 'upbringers' how ladylike. Truth is in real life I could be the most courteous man (anybody who knows me in the flesh will tell you this). I know this might be a bit difficult to comprehend but, just because I don't agree with your rules doesn't make me less privileged (as we can infer that your parents and family did a wonderful job of telling you what to demand of 'real men'). Like I said missy 'when in Rome', don't make me rpeat myself.
Unless you want to get sentimental, I doubt it's difficult to notice that my statement is conditional.
A harmless suggestion - If . . . / do . . .

I did not insult you or anyone, I understand some truths hurt.  tongue But, if you, however, feel insulted, I offer a sincere apology.  smiley

fresh_dude:

Oh please get off your 15-storey horse. Who cares what my not-opening-doors tells strangers about me? The truth is missy that if noone opens any doors for ya in the next gazillion years nothing will happen. Today's independent woman should know better than to feel sore about unopened doors, damn! I need to get off this bloody matter already.
Like you, I wouldn't want to repeat myself . . .  cheesy

Missy_B:

Peach!

Having said that, [size=20pt] no one is dependent on you or asking you to do this stuff, it's simply what you ought to do[/size]. . . .Lack of it speaks volumes about your person.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 12, 2012
@fresh-dude, Only open a door for someone if you want to. And some women will appreciate it and some wont. Any woman who demands of it doesnt really have the right attitude.
I personally like it when a door is held open for me. It just feels good in a small way.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MrsChima1(f): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2012
Wow. People are debating about door opening?

Listen men, some women do not care for door opening and some women do. If you open a door for a woman because you want to then do not expect a thank you. It is a courtesy to say thank you after someone does something for you even if you don't ask for it, however not everyone have etiquettes.

If you don't want to open the door, you are not by force to do so. There are much serious matters in this world worthy of a debate.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 12, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

. There are much serious matters in this world worthy of a debate.

You could say that about many of the threads here! wink
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by InkedNerd(f): 1:37am On Feb 12, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Listen men, some women do not care for door opening and some women do. If you open a door for a woman because you want to then do not expect a thank you. It is a courtesy to say thank you after someone does something for you even if you don't ask for it, however not everyone have etiquettes.

If you don't want to open the door, you are not by force to do so. There are much serious matters in this world worthy of a debate.

Biko, tell am!
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by MrsChima1(f): 1:47am On Feb 12, 2012
talina:

You could say that about many of the threads here! wink

Precisely.  I knew Romance section was going down the drain when someone asked if they can ask for their dowry back because the wife is stubborn.   

Another dumb arse thread, What is the difference between Nigerian men and other African men?

Inked_Nerd:

Biko, tell am!

I am trying sista!   cry cry
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Konjour(m): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2012
BTW i think it'll also be a "gentleman"'s duty to hold your girl's/woman's

handbag/purse for her. A scot just told me he'd assume the "gentleman"

is a bisexual. grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 13, 2012
you can open for your wife no problem
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Ammyng(f): 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
Exactly what I had on mind before creating this thread.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by rudegial: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
i don"t care if a guy opens the car door or not as long as i am not hand less. its not in the nature of nija men to do this but they only do it on the ist date and once the visit the paradise city. forget it.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
rude gial:

i don"t care if a guy opens the car door or not as long as i am not hand less. its not in the nature of nija men to do this but they only do it on the ist date and once the visit the paradise city. forget it.
typical warfi girl grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
Chimezie198:
My bedroom door is alwayz open to all my girlfriends!
car door not bedroom door
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chimezie198(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
Holluwhakemmy:
car door not bedroom door
can I open the door for you?
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2021
Chimezie198:
can I open the door for you?
thanks dont worry.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chimezie198(m): 9:31pm On Jul 02, 2021
Holluwhakemmy:
thanks dont worry.
you dug up this 9yrs ago topic and expect me not to worry?
Infact opening doors is my hobby
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2021
Chimezie198:
you dug up this 9yrs ago topic and expect me not to worry?
Infact opening doors is my hobby
you are too funny. Kindly change your hobby to more productive one.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chimezie198(m): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2021
Holluwhakemmy:
you are too funny. Kindly change your hobby to more productive one.
okay. Any hobby suggestion for me?

When I was trying to pronounce ur moniker I opened my neighbour's door instead of mine.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
Chimezie198:
okay. Any hobby suggestion for me?

When I was trying to pronounce ur moniker I opened my neighbour's door instead of mine.
not that difficult to pronounce now, please find your way back to your room to avoid bad story.
Re: Opening The Door For Ladies by Chimezie198(m): 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
Holluwhakemmy:
not that difficult to pronounce now, please find your way back to your room to avoid bad story.
still finding it difficult to pronounce. Maybe you help me out through WhatsApp VN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Likely Signs That A Guy Is A Virgin / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? / Guys That Have Skinny Girlfriends, How Do You Guys Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.