Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (11844 Views)

Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 8:07am On Oct 20, 2007
nwando:

it would be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah than the wrath that'll befall the Niger Delta.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, never
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by slimes(m): 12:14pm On Oct 20, 2007
I think this is not a decision that needs a threat. The vibrations on the bridge are becoming unbearable enough to conclude that the bridge has outlived its life span. The government should try and create a diversion. In abuja, I see bridges built without any just cause or may i call it beautification. I pray the government listens attentively to this serious issue.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Egavlas(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2007
For the ppl like willy willy and co,

You guys are simply supporting nonesense.

I havent seen any of you answer the potent questions other discussants have been asking.

What stops MEND, and the other criminal gangs from getting IBORI, ODILI, IGBINEDION, ALAMS, who have not accounted for the allocations of the past 8 yrs .

The allocations of the past 8 years would have done a great difference in the whole niger delta.

But they wont because they are all criminals and they are as criminal minded as their past governors so they like the way things are.

All they do is obtain money illegaly from companies and from kidnapping people. What do they do with the money?

They buy jeeps and drink and take drugs till its finished and then they send emails to news houses issuing more threats.

I think the news houses should stop granting them audience cause they are just a bunch of cowardly criminals.

If they claim to be fighting for the people, they should have been decent enough to allow the new government that is clearly working towards developing the area.

They dont want that. If the place is calm and work is going on on projects, they wont have any reasons to kidnap or destroy pipelines anymore and so the cursed money they are receiving through terrorism will stop flowing.

You people that are here supporting them dont know what they are doing and thats why you are here talking rubbish.

You think if this was a millitary goverment that there would be anything criminal group like Mend terrorising the whole nation?
The bastards would have all been wiped out by now.

Cursed set of people
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Bajelo1: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2007
These guys are now trying to be terrorist organisation. Nigeria govt will start treating them as a terrorist group soon. Its obvious that they are no longer fighting for emancipation of Niger Delta. They are too small for Nigeria govt to handle. Lets wait and see what will happen to them.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by chrislo(m): 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2007
if mend make an emty lthreat  cheesy
ets not take them serious or they succed in creating panic in nigeria just like june 12
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by chrislo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2007
i dnot think so because the people in the legion will be affected
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Miketomi: 9:55am On Oct 21, 2007
@Salvage
Thanks for your lovely post.
MEND is definitely sick.
The Threat of blowing Third Mainland Bridge is an empty one.
However if they mistakenly try that, in years to come they will keep regretting that singular action.
MEND are nothing but sophisticated criminals who are just cashing on the deplorable state of NigerDelta.
So there is nothing to worry about.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Demolaf: 11:38am On Oct 21, 2007
Wow, i dont understand my fellow Nigerians. How will anyone in their right mind say theu should blow up the bridge because they are having problems and have been neglected. There is no excuse for that crap. Their so called fight will be expressly turned into an act of terrorism. What does Lagos have to do with this. This is just annoying
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by rasputinn(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2007
Jujukemist,willy willy you guys are just myopic you're you're allowing ethnic sentiments 2 becloud your sense of good judgement & reasoning.From hindsight,I can tell the troika of u guys are not even from d main ND,so abeg make una no dey gwens panadol 4 another man headache.No doubt,I'm frm the ND,but to call a spade a spade,na we leaders (elders)first dey shene us give all them shell,chevron,agip etc in those days,but when our eyes open in the late 80s,na him youths come dey hold ground say any elder/leader wey do anyhow go must see anyhow,so many many gbege come dey that time,as a result pipeline burst for all these guys wey come dey answer militant now.Admitted we had genuine agitators in times of yore like Isaac Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa,but tell me all the crude wey these guys dey thief dey go fling give those russian buyers for sea plus the plenty plenty bank robbery and ransom wey them dey collect frm hostages,which widow or poor family for ND them don use am help?Instead na to go buy more arms and barges 4 their selfish/criminal interest be their levels.
Tiff na tiff,terrorist na terrorist,bobs live oo,which eye una take dey look d mata sef,if those idiots make fem outside d creek(which I know dey can't do because they are cowards that only strike when it is convenient and run back to the creeks),,  for them.
Accepted,there has been a sonscious neglect of the ND as a whole for years now and VERY URGENT and massive developmental projects should be earmarked for the area.But in the last 8 years,the fed govt tried to make an impact by apying derivation funds to the ND states.We must ask ourselves what happened to the billions collected by Ibori and Odili as derivation fund for 8 years.Where did Odili get funds to float an airline?where did Ibori get funds to build a refinary in SA?
The only thing I saw in my state was that Ibori just painted all the primary schools in then state in one colour.We all know how much he donated to the yar adua campaign purse(obviously to attempt to make the president call off EFCC from his case ).Presetly Delta state has a debt portfolio of 45 billion naira,even with all the allocations Ibori collected for 8 good years.Sowho is marginalising who?
NDDC is there,Yar adua has promised to pump in funds to actualise the ND dev planMe I know say anyhow anyhow,ogoro must jump because goodluck dey there wit am.So make we forget about this guys wey their eye don tear for big pepper(what withall the bunkering runs?)and who have no body'snterest @ heart but the interest of their bank accounts.
I for no write this long piece,but na because I no want make una dey yarn opata take dey deceive people.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by rasputinn(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2007
Jujukemist,willy wilyou guys are just myopic you're you're allowing ethnic sentiments 2 becloud your sense of good judgement & reasoning.From hindsight,I can tell the troika of u guys are not even from d main ND,so abeg make una no dey gwens panadol 4 another man headache.No doubt,I'm frm the ND,but to call a spade a spade,na we leaders (elders)first dey shene us give all them shell,chevron,agip etc in those days,but when our eyes open in the late 80s,na him youths come dey hold ground say any elder/leader wey do anyhow go must see anyhow,so many many gbege come dey that time,as a result pipeline burst for all these guys wey come dey answer militant now.Admitted we had genuine agitators in times of yore like Isaac Adaka Boro and Ken Saro Wiwa,but tell me all the crude wey these guys dey thief dey go fling give those russian buyers for sea plus the plenty plenty bank robbery and ransom wey them dey collect frm hostages,which widow or poor family for ND them don use am help?Instead na to go buy more arms and barges 4 their selfish/criminal interest be their levels.
Tiff na tiff,terrorist na terrorist,bobs live oo,which eye una take dey look d mata sef,if those idiots make fem outside d creek(which I know dey can't do because they are cowards that only strike when it is convenient and run back to the creeks),,  for them.
Accepted,there has been a sonscious neglect of the ND as a whole for years now and VERY URGENT and massive developmental projects should be earmarked for the area.But in the last 8 years,the fed govt tried to make an impact by apying derivation funds to the ND states.We must ask ourselves what happened to the billions collected by Ibori and Odili as derivation fund for 8 years.Where did Odili get funds to float an airline?where did Ibori get funds to build a refinary in SA?
The only thing I saw in my state was that Ibori just painted all the primary schools in then state in one colour.We all know how much he donated to the yar adua campaign purse(obviously to attempt to make the president call off EFCC from his case ).Presetly Delta state has a debt portfolio of 45 billion naira,even with all the allocations Ibori collected for 8 good years.Sowho is marginalising who?
NDDC is there,Yar adua has promised to pump in funds to actualise the ND dev planMe I know say anyhow anyhow,ogoro must jump because goodluck dey there wit am.So make we forget about this guys wey their eye don tear for big pepper(what withall the bunkering runs?)and who have no body'snterest @ heart but the interest of their bank accounts.
I for no write this long piece,but na because I no want make una dey yarn opata take dey deceive people.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2007
rasputinn:

Jujukemist,willy willy & Nwando,you guys are just myopic you're you're allowing ethnic sentiments 2 becloud your sense of good judgement & reasoning.From hindsight,I can tell the troika of u guys are not even from d main ND,so abeg make una no dey gwens panadol 4 another man headache.all these guys wey come dey answer militant now.
but tell me all the crude wey these guys dey thief dey go fling give those russian buyers for sea plus the plenty plenty bank robbery and ransom wey them dey collect frm hostages,which widow or poor family for ND them don use am help?Instead na to go buy more arms and barges 4 their selfish/criminal interest be their levels.
Tiff na tiff,terrorist na terrorist,bobs live oo,which eye una take dey look d mata sef,if those idiots make fem outside d creek(which I know dey can't do because they are cowards that only strike when it is convenient and run back to the creeks),, for them.

My dear you started by chastising me and ended up agreeing with me.
If these touts carry out their threats it may become my business and a whole lot more.
I am Nigerian,I have relatives in Lagos.
Any disaster in Nigeria will affect me and mine.
I may live outside of Nigeria but Nigeria is my home and I visit often.
Like Alqueda,they haven't given a day for the attack so we don't only need panadol for this headache but Fentanyl,morphine and percocet,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by grafikdon: 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2007
Don't mind the clueless criminals, professional armed robbers and Al Qaeda w .a. n. n .a be imbeciles. They are simply asking Nigeria to MEND them for good.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Oct 22, 2007
nwando:

My dear you started by chastising me and ended up agreeing with me.
If these touts carry out their threats it may become my business and a whole lot more.
Like Alqueda,they haven't given a day for the attack so we don't only need panadol for this headache but Fentanyl,morphine and percocet,

good point!!!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Mamajama(m): 12:22am On Oct 22, 2007
IF the Niger Delta criminal even try to blow up 3rd mainland bridge, they will face the brutal harshness of the whole country and not just the federal government

We will all mobilise to eradicate this criminals, they can run but they can't hide. We will have no mercies on them and their families. be warn
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by GL(f): 1:26am On Oct 22, 2007
Mamajama:

IF the Niger Delta criminal even try to blow up 3rd mainland bridge, they will face the brutal harshness of the whole country and not just the federal government

We will all mobilise to eradicate this criminals, they can run but they can't hide. We will have no mercies on them and their families. be warn

it would be wiser to fight them before they blow up 3rd mainland bridge but obviously d government doesnt know how to deal with them, much less the whole country. if they did they would have ended this problem before now. i hope this people dont destroy this country
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2007
willywilly:

The Freedom Fighters (M.E.N.D) reserve the right to go after any Nigeria Government interest.
If 3rd Mainland Bridge are part of Nigeria (they Freedom Fighers reserve the right to blow it up).
They Freedon Fighters only have to give notice BEFORE carrying out the operation, so that innocent civilians will not get hurt.
By the way, The military that are killing you in your ancestral land were Nigeria Military.
Nigeria pays you back your good with Bad.
It's now Nigeria Military culture, acting on the command of Nigerians to kill you at will, sex-attack
your women(mothers/daughters) at will, just because you ask for justice." What an injustice".
Billions of DOLLARS that sustain Nigeria today comes from your land, your Money were used in building
the old Capital and with your money the new Capital is about to finish its beauty, why you die in extreme poverty, hunger and disease. when will this inhumane treatment end from Nigerians?.
When you question them "why this injustice and maltreatment" they kill you or imprison you where you will later die.
They Freedom Fighters "It's never your choice" but (DO WHAT YOU WISH).

Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by denex: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2007
These liars will be calling the Niger-Delta like it's some neglected asteroid on Sector 7 in the milky way. No be the same Niger-Delta wey we come from?

It has now been years since MEND was formed. What positive achievement have they made?

Bunkering Crude Oil worth Billions of Dollars and selling it for millions?

Wasting lives of innocent Nigerians and some foreigners who saw Nigeria as a place fit to invest?

Aiding and abetting elections rigging?

Helping in securing the release of Alamieseigha and arranging a welcome party for him in which locals were forced to assemble, smile and clap at threat to their lives?

Making Nigeria more popular than necessary?

Clamouring for the release of Asari Dokubo then denying him when they found he was not in support of their crimes?

What exactly has MEND achieved since their inception. Please somebody tell me. Bringing inter-cult wars and rivalries to greater heights?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by somze(f): 11:46am On Oct 22, 2007
MEND are a criminal and terrorist organisation.
Its high time they be treated as one.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Shinatu: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2007
I have heard a number of people say others do not know about the Niger delta and do not understand the situation.

I am not from the ND but I work there and I am going to brief you on some things that happen and sadden me and make me to believe that nobody is figting for the good of the poor(masses) in ND, the Elites are just making themselves rich, the struggle is a selfish one indeed and it is a pity because ND villages are in need indeed.

--A ND contractor to an oil company on getting a contract on the basis of 'local content' ( The current directive that puts the  ND contractors at an advanteage) will refuse to pay his/her workers only for you to hear of his
chieftancy title or new exotic car or even a new wife! The workers end up looking impoverished as they do not get the stipulated renumeration stated in the contract, the contractor tells them to resign if they know they cannot cope, infact an attempt of any staff to report to the oil company will lead to his/her doom . so you see ?
Brothers enslaving brothers!

----There are some jobs that the oil company decide to give to the comunity they operate in e.g the tea girls in a particular oil company. Their salaries are far more than what some unfortunate graduates are being paid in Lagos and it requires no qualification beyond School  Cert, but what happens is that the so called Youth Exco asks pple seeking for the job to bring a stipulated amount to have their names on the list to be presented to the oil company
the most annoying thing is that if someone from another community is able to pay that money, he/she shall be given the job to the detriment of someone from that community so you see people from all over the country in contracts that  are meant for the comunity. some of these youth exco even request that a certain percentage of your salary be given to them as long as you are on the job. You see these 'youths' driving big cars and living large  and they are ready to kill to maintain that way of life because they do not have the kind of qualification/skills required to achieve that kind of life.

---Some few ND big men have been involved in oil bunkering for some time now, how have they helped their communities? rather they bought arms for young people to start  'the struggle'when their 'businesses' became treathened.

I beg if I go on, my post will become a long epistle please let me stop here.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Shinatu: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2007
@Rasputinn

I can see you know wetin dey, but na only 'gbege' you mentioned o what about 'deve'?

May God send help to the ND, help has not come, what they have are Jackals!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by rasputinn(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2007
Juju and willy

Forget about any disaster,you talked like one completely ignorant(WHICH YOU ARE) of the politics of the ND,these guys are thieving COWARDS.It's only a fool or one of them that will call them freedom fighters.They are just common criminals,extorting money from legitimate business people because they are armed.I know how much I paid(grudginly)to these bastards to release my barge last year,which they hijacked,they said they only reduced the money because we spoke the same language.Yet some IGNORAMUSES will come to this portal and be writing rubbish about emancipation of niger delta calling those criminals freedom fighters.Whose freedom are they fighting for,when they are the very one depriving people of freedom.
Well sha,na so our so called elders first dey shook hand for we eyes,till their cup full,per this criminals for we place so ehh,their cup go soon full,no matter what all the IGNORANT people say in approval of their criminality here on this portal.But make we dey use our tongue count our teeth.

About the deve,that one na mai mai,e full everywhere.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by fesse(f): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2007
This MEND or what you call them should go and die. All the states of Niger-Delta are very rich but their govt. officials are eating the money allocated to them. Third mainland Bridge has nothing to do with MEND. Even the Federal Govt. They should go to their officials in the govt. Could imagine a local Govt.chairman was busy using his peoples money building hotels .where were MEND when all these things are taking place? What happened to their governors that looted the money meant for them all. That is a mere treat but fed.govt should not take lightly with those governors or top officials of Niger-Delta. I believe the govt. is giving them their right but mis-used by the officials representing them.

Well the MEND is filled with olokos. To hell with the so called MEND.(sigh)
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by rasputinn(m): 4:54am On Oct 23, 2007
[My dear you started by chastising me and ended up agreeing with me.
Like Alqueda,they haven't given a day for the attack so we don't only need panadol for this headache but Fentanyl,morphine and percocet,]

@Nwando

My bad.I apologise,didn't mean to lump you with Whackos like jujukemist and Willy Willy,T'was a "slip of the keyboard".Hw you doing girl?? wink wink
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jakumo(m): 6:30am On Oct 23, 2007
I intend to commence a marketing campaign to promote an affordable Third Mainland Bridge Survival Pack, which will consist of a quick-deploy paraschute, a compact inflatable life raft and some juju talismans to ensure that all the gear works as advertised.

Watch this space for more details.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2007
Jakumo:

I intend to commence a marketing campaign to promote an affordable Third Mainland Bridge Survival Pack, which will consist of a quick-deploy paraschute, a compact inflatable life raft and some juju talismans to ensure that all the gear works as advertised.

Watch this space for more details.

grin grin grin grin
Craze get different levels. but your own is still curable wink
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2007
help uss beg those guys oh! abi is there any undiscovered pipiline there, and what really brings them to lagos
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Garule: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2007
Blive me wen i say dis.they are definite jokers and nobody should pay them any mind
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2007
In every organisation, there are committed members and also others with a different agenda,
MEND Freedom Fighters are Real Freedom Fighters.
Any body practicing criminality are not a (MEND) Freedom Fighter,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by almondjoy(f): 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2007
Dialing!

Ring! Ring! Ring!

CTU Los Angeles--Jack Bauer speaking-----------

Click----hangs up!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by danoba: 10:21am On Oct 24, 2007
i wonder this kinda reasoning.

Hope it ends being an ordinary threat shocked cos there is no defensive mechanism or force in place anywhere in the country to either prevent MEND or provide immediate solution to alleviate the consequence. angry

If an ordinary culvert collapse in ajegunle undecidedarea of ikorodu road has taken everlasting for our dummy government cry to put right, we had better stopped at the imagination of a break down of almighty IBB bridge.

Cheers all, grin

Danoba
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2007
I see that certain individuals have gone haiwire.are we not mature to run a discourse within the context.Egbon seun should take note, that some cotributors to this discourse are practicing online terrorism-they are no better than habbib marwan.No body has the monopoly to insult any body because of divergent views.
If in doubt you can check my contributions to this topic so for-having a balance objective, holostic presentation should be the guide in our utterances.
Like I had said b4. Mend is wrong for wanting to blow the bridge. Our military is incabable of containing MEND. Coruption of military leaders, ND leaders and Politicians are more of a threat than the statement of MEND. If the agitatuions didnt start Abuja would never pay attention to the region. That you are from the ND doesnt make you to know the ND. After all what did you do b4 the FREEDOM fighter/terrorist/Criminals began??
rasputinn:

Juju and willy

Forget about any disaster,you talked like one completely ignorant(WHICH YOU ARE) of the politics of the ND,these guys are thieving COWARDS.It's only a fool or one of them that will call them freedom fighters.They are just common criminals,extorting money from legitimate business people because they are armed.I know how much I paid(grudginly)to these bastards to release my barge last year,which they hijacked,they said they only reduced the money because we spoke the same language.Yet some IGNORAMUSES will come to this portal and be writing rubbish about emancipation of niger delta calling those criminals freedom fighters.Whose freedom are they fighting for,when they are the very one depriving people of freedom.
Well sha,na so our so called elders first dey shook hand for we eyes,till their cup full,per this criminals for we place so ehh,their cup go soon full,no matter what all the IGNORANT people say in approval of their criminality here on this portal.But make we dey use our tongue count our teeth.

About the deve,that one na mai mai,e full everywhere.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by shylle(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2007
@jujukemist abi wetin u call urself,

jujukemist:

I see that certain individuals have gone haiwire.are we not mature to run a discourse within the context.Egbon seun should take note, that some cotributors to this discourse are practicing online terrorism-they are no better than habbib marwan.No body has the monopoly to insult any body because of divergent views.

Bros take time o! Abi because u live in Kaduna? I live in Lagos, and I use the 3rd Mainland Bridge on my way to work every morning. Certainly from today, I'd take some other route. See how some useless bastards are planting fear in me and upsetting my life?

You too dey craze with dem. Go ahead, ask Seun to ban me. Ori e o da!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

National Assembly Shifts Resumption By Two Weeks / 2019: PDP Condemns Buhari’s Attempt To Drag Military Into Politics / Adebutu: I Lost Ogun Gov Election To Abiodun Because I Didn’t Shed Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.