Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (11841 Views)

Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by bolseas(f): 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2007
jujukemist:

grin
tk you are funny. The fact is we need to have a balanced view of the present situation. Truly speaking our military can do little for the following reasons
1 they are also very corrupt.
2 they lack terrain analytical appreciation
3 to effectively evict these guys would involve destroying the same oil installations that produce the oil wealth.
these militants know these things thats why they are using both the people and the oil installations as shields and collateral

jujukemist:

tk na Kaduna I dey with DICON as a Military research scientist.
mdsocks, the way you yan suprises me.abi you no know say we all want make the regions control even up to 80%.
how cocoa concern ND neglect with MEND's miscalculation?

ehn no wonder, u were able to analyse the problems of the military.
bt please also analyse recommendations to dose problems.
cheers
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2007
somze, I hail you. thanks for talking sense-though I suspect mdsocks no go agree
i agree with you guys but i will say they are crazy for making such claims or threat  wink
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2007
i dare him. all he does is make empty threats. was he not the same person who said he was training suicide bombers some months ago and they will soon graduate. have they not graduated yet? Suicide bombers in nigeria; unless they are not nigerians. Nigerian love life too much. he just wants media attention.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2007
@nuzo
no be government provide job for me o. Government for where?
I no dey do government thingy. Na the Social Overhead capitals wey i dey enjoy be the only thing wey government provide for me and the same goes to all.
FYI, all these SOCs are dilapidated and they need attention. One of them is what MENDERs want to blow up.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2007
At the 1st int conference on Military Operations Research, I delivered a paper,part of which was dedicated on telling the military authorities on how to combat these militants. but bros them no go hear. So long moni no go comot for them.
In 2002 Tell mag publish my research work in to rocket production, later while deliverin a lecture to the army authorities in march2003 I sugested deploying a low flying satellite for trajectory control and for optical imaging.Which by now we would be seeing all the activities of the militants in the creeks.
Abi we think say the job wey CTU dey do for 24 na joke? bros leave this nija, there are so many things wey fit provoke you
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2007
fumilola:

i dare him. all he does is make empty threats. was he not the same person who said he was training suicide bombers some months ago and they will soon graduate. have they not graduated yet? Suicide bombers in nigeria; unless they are not nigerians. Nigerian love life too much. he just wants media attention.

thanks very much
If he wants media attention , he should shoot a film of him dving from Mount Everest instead of all these baseless threat.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by VIPICO(m): 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2007
If that will make the government( that is if we still have any government) REALLY take the Niger Delta problem seriously, why not,

Let the lives of innocent people not be involved , though
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Akhan1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2007

qoute 4rm moreshow
Hmmm,
Funny but threatening though!!!
What has THE Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) got
to do with the third mainland bridge, why Gbomo limit himself and the group and
continue to kidnap the Oil expatriate and probably bomb the ASO ROCK so that
they could have quick listening hear by the Federal government to their cries.
Gbomo, A word of advise from MORESHOW, this Lagos wey u dey see so is our own and the thing and ppu wey in so they are our, Stylee Stylee Stylee.
Sorry, abeg no bomb the third mainland bridge make u no go add more to the problem of lagosians all in the name of wanting the listening hear of the Federal Gov

i agree with u my brother blcos

lagos yi tiwa ni, koma gbodo baje, tori kosi bo miran ti a le lo, erii ajo kole da bi ile,

pls let beg our leaders to dialogue with this ppl cos if they carry out their threat, it won't affect them cos na Abuja most of them reside.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrtunde(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2007
Mend is just a bunch of attention seeking cry babies, let them blow it.
They would have removed the remaining shred of credibility they might still have.
CRIMINALS!!!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ifyalways(f): 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2007
why the third mainland bridge ?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by akenmi(m): 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2007
like i said earlier, despite this personalities irresponsibility, we should take
their threat seriously. I have been unfortunate to have encounters with these
millitants and my guys, these guys are seriously high on drugs, cocaine etc.
The leaaders of these millitants just keep supplying them with hard drugs, if you knew
the amount of hard drugs in the ND, hmmmn
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by kaelo(m): 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2007
The issue with the blowing up of the bridge is as far as im concerned, is MENDS way of attempting to step on the global scene, they want to be taking seriously, and if they are heartless enough to try then, the govt better be ready coz, we dont want another iraq, and not even now when things are going so suave
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by kenflowers: 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2007
mamajama,

These guys whoever they are, are nothing but hoodums that should be dealth with decisively with utmost force possible. If I were the FG. I will send hydrogen bomb to their hideout and finishe them once and for all.

OBJ made the first mistake by negotiating with them via Dokubo, and Yar"Adua made another mistake of releasing the criminal kingpin.

Dokubo should have been hanged for all the crimes himself and his co travellers have committed against the nation.

If they think they are tough, let them try anithing on the 3rd Mainland Bridge and see.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ifyalways(f): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2007
kenflowers:

mamajama,

These guys whoever they are, are nothing but hoodums that should be dealth with decisively with utmost force possible. If I were the FG. I will send hydrogen bomb to their hideout and finishe them once and for all.

OBJ made the first mistake by negotiating with them via Dokubo, and Yar"Adua made another mistake of releasing the criminal kingpin.

Dokubo should have been hanged for all the crimes himself and his co travellers have committed against the nation.

If they think they are tough, let them try anithing on the 3rd Mainland Bridge and see.
intresting, really very intresting lipsrsealed
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Mamajama(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2007
My opinion is whatever sympathy this people were getting before has just been tarnished with this stupid threat.

You don't go threatening to kill innocent people or destroying a bridge by sending your message or getting attention.

This people need to be taken seriously and dealt with once and for all.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Egavlas(m): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2007
I read someone, dennylove say government should dialog with the terrorists . Thats the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Dialog with terrorists.

Honestly, I dont know why that man is still alive. Jomo whatever monster.

How can the government stand and watch and allow such a monstrousity as MEND
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ochukoccna: 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2007
Gov-wetin?
Una get gofment 4 9ja?
Look around U i.e. Adedibu&thugs in Ibadan,
MEND in 9ja delta, P/H Cultists,
Corrupt pot bellied legislooters& governors,
Religious extremists up country.
Total disregard 4 the common man.
What of militarization of our consciences?
No premium on human beings.
No lite,No water and the men in black no fit catch sophisticated robbers.
U fit blame them?
No body wan die but them wan go heaven!
Face it 9ja is not a nation yet that's Y MEND fit dey talk.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by BigB11(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2007
I am very dissappointed that Nigerian government hasn't discovered a sensible strategy to abolish this group.

I don't get it.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by nigeria1: 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2007
how on earth kidnap now right, this white people they kidnap are just common people who came to nigeria to feed their family. MEND should face people like IBB and others who have enrich themself from Bribe by Oil companies and Julius berger. Look at IBB house again and ask if he got it from doing two jobs. One morning shift and night shift. MEND should visit abuja and not lagos. they would see illegal money from bribe collect by past leader in building. I am not saying bombing is right. But Lagos should be last place to visit. It would not make a different to Nigeria govt.

http://NigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,7229.msg8583/topicseen.html#msg8583
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tomisine(f): 1:20am On Oct 19, 2007
hmmmm mend. this unfortunate joke is fast becoming a issue to be worried about. what has third mainland bridge got to do with anything in the niger delta? sometimes i just worry about the future of nigeria if we the future leaders threaten to destroy places like third mainland bridge all because we seek attention on some non- issue. i heard recently that some graduates who did the aptitude test for one of the oil firms in their portharcourt office carried placards and all and disrupted the days job because they were not employed. aint that funny? JOBLESSNESS IS TRULY A DISEASE. when you have nothing doing, the devil the father of idleness comes around and helps you occupy your mind in such subtle ways that very soon if you allow him you become his workshop. thats what they've become. tell me which sane person would threaten to blow anything that might result in mass murder? why dont we, whose states produce one thing or the other become factions and lodge ourselves like bones in the throats of our leaders? they might have a case but they definitely have terrible representaton. people like ibori, odili, alams and a host of others should have been but each represented himself. very unfortunate. since there is no talking to them, desperate issues call for desperate measures. if they are planning to blow anything well, i call that desperate. i'm sure if they had devoted all their resources to MENDing things they'll probably have done something praiseworthy by now. may God have mercy on us all. sadamen
nb- if they really wanna play with bombs they can sample the beautiful niger bridge instead of travelling all the way to lagos. saves time and money you know or what do you think? wink grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tomisine(f): 1:35am On Oct 19, 2007
JEEZ!? shocked this house should be in a museum. nobody should be subjected to sleeping is such a monstrosity. style and aesthetics have been totally abused in this design. the place does not look homely at all. i would never be relaxed in that kind of a place. in that bedroom i would not sleep a wink. huh, too much money really makes people mad. architects and interior decorators, please help me out.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Egavlas(m): 1:42am On Oct 19, 2007
tomisine:

JEEZ!? shocked this house should be in a museum. nobody should be subjected to sleeping is such a monstrosity. style and aesthetics have been totally abused in this design. the place does not look homely at all. i would never be relaxed in that kind of a place. in that bedroom i would not sleep a wink. huh, too much money really makes people mad. architects and interior decorators, please help me out.

what are u talking about tomisine? what house are u talking about? Your house or what?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by BigB11(m): 1:43am On Oct 19, 2007
Nice house!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by savesoul(m): 9:04am On Oct 19, 2007
That house is something else shocked
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by somze(f): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2007
Tomisine
1. It is not a non- issue, but MEND is not the group to deliver anything, as far as I am concerned they're a criminal organisation.

2. Do you know where Niger Bridge is? Seriously grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by freelance(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2007
Funny grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by evergie(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2007
somze:

Tomisine
1. It is not a non- issue, but MEND is not the group to deliver anything, as far as I am concerned they're a criminal organisation.

This guys are issue we shouldn't ignore, they're criminally organized. The federal govt should do something about them.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2007
willywilly:

The Freedom Fighters (M.E.N.D) reserve the right to go after any Nigeria Government interest.
If 3rd Mainland Bridge are part of Nigeria (they Freedom Fighers reserve the right to blow it up).
They Freedon Fighters only have to give notice BEFORE carrying out the operation, so that innocent civilians will not get hurt.
By the way, The military that are killing you in your ancestral land were Nigeria Military.
Nigeria pays you back your good with Bad.
It's now Nigeria Military culture, acting on the command of Nigerians to kill you at will, sex-attack
your women(mothers/daughters) at will, just because you ask for justice." What an injustice".
Billions of DOLLARS that sustain Nigeria today comes from your land, your Money were used in building
the old Capital and with your money the new Capital is about to finish its beauty, why you die in extreme poverty, hunger and disease. when will this inhumane treatment end from Nigerians?.
When you question them "why this injustice and maltreatment" they kill you or imprison you where you will later die.
They Freedom Fighters "It's never your choice" but (DO WHAT YOU WISH).
grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Mystique(f): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2007
Nigerians SHOULD NOT dialogue with terrosists, They should be eliminated once and for all. . . . angry angry
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Bigjay(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2007
Our secutiry agents should work to curtail how the so-called MEND bring in weapons
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by somze(f): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2007
evergie:

This guys are issue we shouldn't ignore, they're criminally organized. The federal govt should do something about them.
I'll bet nothing will be done smiley

Mystique:

Nigerians SHOULD NOT dialogue with terrosists, They should be eliminated once and for all. . . . angry angry
Wish it was that easy

Bigjay:

Our security agents should work to curtail how the so-called MEND bring in weapons
How these guys bring in weapons is a cause for concern.

You can't even hide a knife in the airport.

I've gone through the benin-border once and it''s hectic. The only other way is through the seas. Our waters should be protected the more to curb all this.

Again it is the same politicians, some of them currently serving or served in past, that armed these groups for their personal purposes.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Bigjay(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2007
infact if they should make me president, my 1st task will be to wipe out the whole of ND from Nigerian map. Any body from that area found living anywhere in the country will not be spared,  angry angry lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. / America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) / Hate Speech: 5 Important Things You Should Be Aware Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.