Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (11840 Views)

Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by bibiking1(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ denex

Those are two seperate cases. This one is a matter of national threat, the other a frame-up. MEND is a body that fights for no one but itself and harms everyother person but itself

Mrs. Asuni is being set-up for aiding genuinely the Niger-Delta
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Mamajama(m): 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2007
I still stand by my solution, if they carry out this threat, we should wipe them out. If your parents or sister or some was on the bridge when they actually carry out this action, Will you be talking of dialogue?

It amazes me how much they keep crying for help, and yet the people that stole from them are seen as HERO'S.

They tried bombing the VP house right after the election.
What have they done to ALAM for stealing their money? What have they done to IBORI, Even Lucky o any other senators?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by debosky(m): 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2007
You guys should read a write up by Asari Dokubo on this Jomo Gbomo (moniker for Henry Okah). Their intentions are not benevolent at all, they have been inflitrated by a bunch of unscrupulous criminals

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=86629.msg1592936#msg1592936
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ono(m): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2007
omogenaija:

God will not let them succeed , awon oloshi

Awon wo ni oloshi? S'awon ti won fi gbogbo owo ti won ji ni Niger Delta ko companies si Lagos (EKO) or awon to won o care fun awon ti won ngbe ni Niger Delta?

You'd better direct your anger to right place.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by debosky(m): 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ ono

what do you make of the seeming break up within the ranks of the 'militants'?

Asari is accusing Jomo Gbomo (Henry Okah) of being an arms smuggler, thief and former govt. stooge turned victim, while MEND is saying they don't reckon with Dokubo.

Don't you see this as the effects of criminality and the lure of filthy lucre on the 'struggle'?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2007
WOOOHOOO!!!! no more TRAFFIC JAM ON THE THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE!!!!!!

YIPPEEEE!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by mrpataki(m): 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2007
In developed world, there are CCTV that daily police people. Guess this will tell the Nigerian government it is time to wake up to its national security call. undecided undecided
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ono(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2007
All that's going on in their ''house'' is just normal ''family affairs'' thingy. No shakings. All is well. You guys should worry about other things. I mean, men and women of conscience should worry about how the Delta could be turned to another Abuja overnight. . . . . .or don't you think the place should be developed?

Leave all these Gbomo gbomo and his friends out of the Delta struggle. The real people struggling for the Delta cause are people who cannot drink fresh pipe borne water while well heads supplies millions of standard cubic feet of gas to an LNG plant at Olokola - a remote area close to Lagos and Ogun. These people have well heads and xmas trees supplying millions of barrels of crude oil to oil terminals where they are sold at $84 per barrel.

These are the people we should be talking about. We should not worry much about criminals and the likes. We should concentrate our energies on how to paint the gory picture of events in the creeks and riverine areas of the Niger Delta.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tayo4me(f): 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2007
The crude-oil that 'lives' with them has entered their brains. I don't understand why many people don't think straight and sensibly. Instead of them to confront their fellow niger-deltans in government who have stolen billions, they are not doing that. Will blowing up the bridge solve the problem? The government officials they are trying to convene their message to will not be among the victims, only innocent people who do not know anything about it (including fellow niger-deltans) will be involved.

But I will advice the govt not to take their threat as a joke. This is too serious to be taken lightly. Whether they are serious about it or not, the government should start planning serious preventive measures. ABEG OH!!!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by netkamoze: 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2007
DATE AND TIME PLEEAASE!! sad sad sad I NO WAN DIE O!! DAT IS MY WAY TO WORK O!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tayo4me(f): 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2007
netkamoze:

Kobojunkie:

WOOOHOOO!!!! no more TRAFFIC JAM ON THE THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE!!!!!!

YIPPEEEE!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Is dat all u pple can say angry angry angry? nawa 4 u guyz oh!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by debosky(m): 9:38pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ ono

I fully agree the place should be developed, but not necessarily 'become like Abuja', but be developed in a way that matches the people's way of life while giving them the basics - transportation, shelter, water, electricity and the like. It may not be possible or economically beneficial to build flyovers all over the place, water transportation may be a better choice.

and one more thing, could you please get off this Olokola issue? Brass and Bonny are there in the Delta, lets work on getting them up and running and keeping them operational. There is no plant at Olokola yet, and the gas has to be piped somewhere to be processed, afterall is Obigbo in Bonny where the processing is being done?

I am very much into painting the gory pictures in the ND, and putting to shame first and foremost, the governors and LG chairmen collecting huge allocations but doing nothing to impact these people's lives, but yet in the name of resource control want to be given even more resources so they can fritter it away even more.

Ways of bulding capacity in these rural communities so that they don't settle every quarrel by burning down the neighbouring village, or resorting to arms. That they organise and assemble themselves in such a manner that they can benefit from such programs as ASPIRE NIGERIA - set up to give loans and funds to SMEs, to develop local dependable institutions that can be trustworthy custodians of their resources, not throwing celebration parties because some thief like Ibori got his stolen assets unfrozen.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ono(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2007
@tayo4me,
No one supports the bombing of anything. Rather, what we're saying is that if we have such structures - like the third mainland bridge in Lagos, linking several hamlets and villages together in the Delta, perhaps the threat we're receiving now will never be heard of in the first place.

Get that into your thick skull.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tayo4me(f): 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ ono,
I never said anything about anybody supporting them. I was actually referring to the MEND members themselves.

Maybe u r even a member, dumb skull, oops!!! wink wink
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2007
netkamoze:

Good question. We need to get feed on this, Anyone know what date and time this go happen grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by IykeD1(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2007

The crude-oil that 'lives' with them has entered their brains. I don't understand why many people
don't think straight and sensibly. I[b]nstead of them to confront their fellow niger-deltans in government [/b]who have stolen billions, they are not doing that.

You mean they should confront their "fellow Niger Deltans in government" like the rest of Nigeria
have confronted their "fellow Nigerians in government" or is "Niger Delta Corruption" different
from "Nigeria Corrupton"?

I am from the Niger Delta (Delta state to be specific) and why the statutory allocations given to
the region has gone up in recent years, the abuse and neglect of the Nigerian government is
written all over, this certainly can not be made up by the pittance the states have been receiving
lately. The crisis in the Niger Delta has cost the government over $15billion in lost revenue within
the past few years, I am sure a third of that amount spent judiciously and directly by the Federal government would have made a significant impact on developing the region.

I am sure even MEND is not that stupid to want to blow up the 3rd Mainland bridge because if
they do, the people of the Delta will have them for breakfast! For those calling for a wipe out of
the region either out of mischief, mistake, or ignorance, I have one word for you: The Federal Republic of the Niger Delta! wink

We got the oil and you can bet we can get the West and China to come to our defense in return
for a more free flowing black gold. smiley Come to think of it, I have always wondered and I have come
to believe that maybe Biafra would have turned a reality if they had the amount of oil reserves that obtains now in the Delta, at least if the 60s were today anyways.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by vigasimple(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2007
I think the threat is a joke as that will be the end of anything remotely MEND and anything to do with them and their families.

Most of the ND problems can be found on the doorsteps of their chiefs and EX governor ALAMS, IBORI and ODILI and even some before them.

They welcome a  thief like ALAM like a king on completion of his 'sentence' and they want their brothers from the other part of the country to take them serious and sympathise with them.

In any arm struggle that kidnapp and smuggle arms is just criminal and nothing else.

Remember everybody is saying the govt should show some compromise and dialogue by releasing both ALAMs and ASARI DOKUBO and nothing has changed as I have predicted. These are bunch of blackmailers and not for the welfare and the wellbeing of ordinary ND of which we in the other parts of the country can relate to.

If anything needs to be done in the ND would the govt give a whiteman, Hausaman, Yoruba or IGBO man to go and fix the problem for them. They have been provided with monies and their leaders just 'chop' it

If they want to blow the bridge good luck, they may just finish expending the empathy of ordinary Nigerians

I shall remind them of 2 populars sayings;

A child who said his mother will not sleep, he himself has murder sleep. and

A child that throw stone to his father house, he will see what is like to become a bastard.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by babadee(m): 12:18am On Oct 18, 2007
If mend( or the Niger Delta Crimminal Organisation as they should be called) is real serious about blowing up something, i suggest Area F in Ikeja, those people are real local terrorists.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by dada22(m): 1:27am On Oct 18, 2007
*HISES*

LET THEM TRY IT . *HISES AGAIN*

NONSENSE,BECOS SOLDIERS NEVA INVADE THEIR TERRITORY ABI ? *HISES EVEN LONGER*

YEYE MILITANTS,COME TRY AM NA! CONFUSED JOMO GBOMO
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by netotse(m): 1:50am On Oct 18, 2007
@dada22
i agree with u jo!

@all
the prob with the ND is the prob of naija, whats stopping the rich niger deltans from going to d villages and spending their money is the same thing stopping government from developing d place GREED
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Danmasani(m): 2:13am On Oct 18, 2007
Rivers state got billions of naira allocated to it each month but has got absolutely nothing to show for it. Only thugs all around the place and kidnappers calling themselves freedom fighters.
Perhaps the recent all out war with the Nigerian army has not taught these criminals lesson 101 on good behaviour and proper conduct.

If Jumbo or whatever him name be like, make him go hang! Nigeria should not get him released in Angola. Let them jail him for life if he deserves it. Threatening the lives of other innocent people for your selfish needs is grossly wrong. Ken Saro-wiwa, the true Niger-Delta hero never threatened anyone, rather it is Jumbo jet that will start shouting nonsense after making millions from hostage-taking, millions which he has not used to improve the fortunes of his people.

I say it again, make this guys bomb and kill Naija people as dem threaten, na that moment e go dawn on some people say madmen dey our nation!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 18, 2007
Danmasani:

Rivers state got billions of naira allocated to it each month but has got absolutely nothing to show for it. Only thugs all around the place and kidnappers calling themselves freedom fighters.

Perhaps the recent all out war with the Nigerian army has not taught these criminals lesson 101 on good behaviour and proper conduct.

If Jumbo or whatever him name be like, make him go hang! Nigeria should not get him released in Angola. Let them jail him for life if he deserves it. Threatening the lives of other innocent people for your selfish needs is grossly wrong. Ken Saro-wiwa, the true Niger-Delta hero never threatened anyone, rather it is Jumbo jet that will start shouting nonsense after making millions from hostage-taking, millions which he has not used to improve the fortunes of his people.

I say it again, make this guys bomb and kill Naija people as them threaten, na that moment e go dawn on some people say madmen dey our nation!

That is a fact these MENDERS will not talk about.
They should start by blowing up alameisegha and his cohorts.
These folks are thinking with the wrong organ o
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by EmekaNaija(m): 2:32am On Oct 18, 2007
Hello everyone. The issue of MEND being an emancipation or a terrorist group is not a problem at all. The issues we all should be concerned about is whether this MEND guys have a genuine demand in the first place. People react differently to similar cases. Is the ND placed rightly in the Nigerian context? Are we killing the goose that lay the golden eggs? Do we have the courage to dialogue with this people? I believe the ND struggle is all about what wise men saw since 1966. I believe there are numerous "MENDs" scattered all over the country. I believe this is a pointer to the greater Nigerian question.
I also believe that this agitation (terrorism by some) did not start today. Just the same way Uwazurike and his MASSOB has been preaching non-violence, i believe MEND resorting to violence was a last option. I'm not trying to side MEND, but let us bare the facts. In diplomacy and/or conflict resolution, truth, no matter whose ox is gored, is necessary. MEND must say the home truth to themselves. The Nigerian state must also be truthful. Bombing the third mailand bridge, of what use is that? But we know desperate people do desperate things. I always believed MEND and NPDDF were jokers for attacking oil installations in their homeland. This is the time these men must be taken seriously. We still think this is a joke till we are reduced to a Sudan-like state then we know how serious these proliferation of militancy has become.

Not wanting to bore anyone, Nigeria is fully ripe for a Soverign National Conference. We need to dialogue as a nation. It is MEND today, it could be MASSOB, AREWA, OPC tomorow. We are only postponing the doomsday by not talking to ourselves as a nation. We need a million man match to denounce MEND's activities, yet also demand for a National Dialogue.
Thank you.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:37am On Oct 18, 2007
My brother any group be it MEND,MASSOB,ODUDUWA NATIONALE or KATSINA DE RUWA that threatens the peace of a nation ought to be dealt with mercilesly no matter what their frustrations are.

After they have been pounded like pounded yam,then we can dialogue
what nonsense.

The mere fact that they pronounced such a threat is enough.
This is the time to show them real pepper and set an example.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Oct 18, 2007
nwando:

My brother any group be it MEND,MASSOB,ODUDUWA NATIONALE or KATSINA DE RUWA that threatens the peace of a nation ought to be dealt with mercilesly no matter what their frustrations are.

After they have been pounded like pounded yam,then we can dialogue
what nonsense.

The mere fact that they pronounced such a threat is enough.
This is the time to show them real pepper and set an example.

Dealt with by whom?? The other gang of criminals we call our leaders? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by EmekaNaija(m): 4:10am On Oct 18, 2007
@Nwando
Agreed, they should be dealt with for making such a threat. But why do we as humans like to treat the symptoms of a disease without treating the disease itself. As i said earlier, we are only delaying doomsday in that country. Even if the military like they can wipe out all MEND members, the cries remains. Its just like cutting the branch of a tree while leaving its roots. Obasanjo's acts of GENOCIDE againt the ODI people has not stoped the cries and uprising. There cannot be Peace without justice and equity, and as history has taught us, sometime war is necessary for true peace to exist. MASSOB is crying non-violence because the IGBOS have experienced and lost a war before. Destroy this house and it shall be rebuilt in 3 days was one of Christ's words and that is applicable in Nigeria. SUpress a people today, someone shalll rise one day to fight the opression. We all are witnesses to the fight agaisnt terrorism. We all thought it would wipe out the terrorist in one swell swoop, but we are wrong.
Nigeria should answer the ND question and lets see the vagabond who would hide behind such guise to terrorize his fellow countrymen.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by A40(m): 4:19am On Oct 18, 2007
Omo na mental case o!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by A40(m): 4:25am On Oct 18, 2007
But come to think of it its a nice idea i think its high time we started considering other means of transport e.g water i mean anyone that spends an average of two hours stuck on that bridge will agree with me
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by bibiking1(m): 6:31am On Oct 18, 2007
This events are always a joke just before it happens! after which confusion and commotion becomes the order of the day. I think it is high time we started extricating these so called militants from Nigeria. WE DO NOT NEED THEM
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by nigeria1: 6:52am On Oct 18, 2007
This most be a joke,  what does the lagos bridge have to do with Niger delta. How does the bridge affect Yar Adua. If they want to blow up anything Abuja is the best place to go, not lagos,  Or are they afraid of Abuja?. I do not think anyone would take them serious if they blow lagos bridge,  It is only when they blow up abuja that they would take them serious.

But why on earth do they want to blow up anything. Niger delta problem can not be solve by blowing up lagos. You have a Niger delta man as vice president,   If he can't help you, who can?.  Niger delta have collected more than 3 trillion in the last 5 years from derivation,  Abeg where did this money go,   All the Niger delta big men do eat am finish.

One yoruba proverb said nobody they pise inside the river , which him they drink.

Niger delta would never be developed even if they get 100% derivation, they would remain poor, until they solve their leadership problem. Na thief plenty pass for the leaders. The issue is not derivation by leadership problem.  Niger delta do not have leaders. IT WOULD NOT DEVELOP.  I MEAN NEVER. until some take the bold step to be a good leader. The Yoruba man can tell you, we once had a great leader in Awo. Can the Niger delta man tell you this the same story. Look at the leaders the Niger delta have produced. Look the first time ,I went to warri, I nearly cry. I ask myself, what this people use their own money to do. Most part of the north is better developed than the Niger delta. If hausa man want chop money. He chop with sense. But Niger delta man want chop money. Na carry and go and never return. 

The issue in the Niger delta should not be about derivation but leadership. Even in Nigeria. You see I live here in city. Many years ago , they ask us to vote if they should increase the tax. My people, you fit believe say white man vote to increase tax. Look when I had the result, i nearly cry, because i was new in the society. One thing about this place is that they have good leaders. they believe their leader would use the money well . And i can see it in development. Niger delta leaders is if not the worst in Nigeria, but the second to the worst. Them no get good leaders .  That need to change for development to come.

Jakande or Mudashiru never collected 1/3 what any of the Niger delta state is collecting in USA dollar to develop Lagos school. But Ibori , alam, Odili can not boost of having good well build school like the Mudashiru school building. Noone would carry money and go to heaven. The premier minister of canada , Jean Chrétien who ruled for nearly 10 years, is not has rich as any of this men. even Jean Chrétien budget in 10 years was more than 100 years what 50 africa countries budget would be.

Please check this out,  IBB house . see is bedroom, in a country where the niger delta people they suffer,  I ask MEND why have they not blow up IBB house,  They should face abuja,  nearly all the house for abuja look like this IBB house,  how Niger delta go develop. Any get ALAM house picture,  you need to see inside alam bedroom to know why Niger delta no develop.

http://NigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,7229.msg8583/topicseen.html#msg8583
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by akara(m): 7:17am On Oct 18, 2007
With such threats, they have wiped off the little sympathy I had for their cause. They will lose support on such wild threats and if its carried out will lead to a major backlash and mayhem. Mend or whoever makes the threats or put ideas into their heads should carefully think it through. Lagos should be the last place they venture into.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ehie007(m): 7:22am On Oct 18, 2007
Hi all, this is to remind us that Fidelity Bank public offer is still on, its closin Nov 9th 2007, and there will be no extention.

Please if any of us is interested contact me so i can send you my personalised form.

Its N8 per share and a minimum of 1000 units.

I can be contacted through mail (ehie007@yahoo.com), or 08030513655.
Or Fidelity Bank Plc 23 Awolowo Road Ikoyi Lagos.

Regards.
Ehi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Strike Was Suspended Not Called Off – PENGASSAN President / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny / Buhari: In Eight Years, We Equipped Security, Subdued Terrorists, Bandits, Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.