Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge (11842 Views)

Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / MEND Threatens To Commence Attacks From Friday / MEND Threatens To Disintegrate Nigeria Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2007
Seun:

People like Ken Saro Wiwa raised a lot of awareness about the Niger Delta problem without killing anybody.
Yes Mr !!!, Today where is him, the good man 'Ken Saro Wiwa'?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by sweetchick(f): 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2007
Rubbish, Utter rubbish. Are these not the same folks who welcomed Alams as a hero after he finished disgracing Nigeria in the UK? Now, they have the nerve to threaten to blow up the third mailand bridge. When they have so many more 'sensible' targets such as  houses and infrastucture belonging to their hopelessly corrupt leaders.
Why are they pretending that they are unaware of the fact that most of their problems originate from within them. How much of their allocation has been used to develop their land. I visited Warri for the first time in 2000 and wanted to weep for the people cos Warri is just a glorified village. These MENDers should at least have a member bright enough to realize that terrorism  will get them no where. Charity begins at home. They should address their internal problems so they can come out with a united front to fight for their rights.
And all those youths depending on ransome money to live, should get off their lazy butts and do something useful with their lives,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Seun(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2007
Yes Mr !!!, Today where is him, the good man 'Ken Saro Wiwa'?
He was killed by a dictator. His non-violent strategy would have worked in a democracy like the current one. I'm very sure that President Yar'adua will not order the death of any non-violent Niger Delta activist.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2007
Sweetchick, b4 you finish blowing hot, are you aware of the political intrigue surrounding the obasonjo govt and Alams.Can you identify a true F fighter from a contractor rebel from a professional kidnapper from an armed robber in the ND.Have you been to the creeks?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by sweetchick(f): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2007
Jujukemist,
please educate me. name one real freedom fighter. Unfortunately, I seem to know only the crooks from the ND
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Seun(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2007
There's no such thing. Whose freedom are they fighting for? Will they really drop their arms when they get it?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Sweet. But the neglecting of this region never started today,
this region has being suffering the pain of poverty for more than 45years, why they others looks and laugh.
MEND are the by-product of that neglect.
hope you know sey Someone can only be  fooled for sometime, but you can not,
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Willy willy and Juju
ur names have something to do with something horrific, hence, this absurd support for these bastards called MEND
See, no matter the injustice done to you, you cant[b] kill[/b] to right the wrong.

Are you saying by blowing the bridge, ND will be developed. Let me say this, they will face intense HATRED from all parts of Nigeria and their case will graduate from minority group to endangered race in Nigeria.
You guys should better advice them very well because he that didnt price will pay if that bridge is blown.

The whole race,area will be attacked physically,spiritually and in all forms. No one will listen to pleas o.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by somze(f): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2007
sweetchick:

Why are they pretending that they are unaware of the fact that[b] most of their problems originate from within them.[/b] How much of their allocation has been used to develop their land. I visited Warri for the first time in 2000 and wanted to weep for the people because Warri is just a glorified village.
Wrong!
They had a role to play in it much later in the game. From the time of Gowon the place had been in utter neglect, do you know when Shell started there? Lets not start the history lessons. Summary is leaders of ND came into the picture during IBB.

Nothing has been done since then by the so called leaders.

But again, if the ND was treated like Abuja or Lagos, it would have been in a much better situation.

If there is any lesson to learn from all this is that our development is in our hands not the federal government.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Somze
i agree that if they have treated ND like the way they handled Abuja and Lagos, the whole area would have been better.
But, is it too late to do it? HELL NO. The money is still coming in.
I subscribe to the school that says, they should get 50% derivation. YES, if that will stop them from threatning to kill Lagosians.

They should develop that place and lets have a peaceful Nigeria. haba. Im to travel to PH on tuesday and im scared of stray bullets from Sagbama Goerge and co. We should be able to live in peace in this country and have no fears about visiting other regions. I cant even go to kano or Kaduna for fear of being lynched. Thats how bad Nigeria has degenerated to.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2007
tk, I thot you know me better! B4 you hang me you have to read through all my post. I am simply trying to create a balance view of the true situation in the ND.The role of genuine resistance should be recognise, the role of social responsibility and that of govt sensitivity should also be put in place. This is the crux of the matter. The origin of my name has got nothing to do with MEND blowing up bridges in a densly populated area like a country called Lagos
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by somze(f): 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2007
tkb417
grin grin grin grin grin
If they are given the 50% deriviation they will ask for more.
The state as a whole should put to good use the billions that they are being allocated now.
The truth is the folks share up most of the allocations among themselves and their groups and very little is left for development.

What do the governors of Bayelsa, Rivers, Edo, Delta and Uyo (Only Cross River excluded) have to show for eight years of democracy? What is the infrastructure? The health system, the education, the industrialization?

What we need is the emancipation of the perception we have that the federal govt can/will change our situation. We need to step up as a people and as a government to put our hands on the plow.

Cease the blame game, cease the kidnap, cease the threats, cease the terror.
Start development.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by AfroCynic: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
I have two points to make.

1) If MEND blow up the TMB, that will be the beginning of the end of the country. OPC won't want to know the difference between the Igbos and the NDs, the slaughter will proceed on a monstrous scale. This will probably spread to other SW states, it'll be hell

2) Why don't MEND start by finding the Governors of their respective states and sit them down, ask them where the money is. They have received billions of dollars since the advent of this so called democracy, where is it? Instead of them doing that, they help these governors rig election and terrorize the locals. MEND cannot hold the rest of the country to ransom, they need to start at home.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
tkb417:

@Willy willy and Juju
your names have something to do with something horrific, hence, this absurd support for these bastards called MEND
See, no matter the injustice done to you, you can't[b] kill[/b] to right the wrong.

don't mind willy ,check his posts, esp. willy you can see that he is a member of MEND
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2007
mdsocks:

don't mind willy ,check his posts, esp. willy you can see that he is a member of MEND

mdsocks are you sure. What is the way forward?
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2007
tkb417:

@Willy willy and Juju
your names have something to do with something horrific, hence, this absurd support for these bastards called MEND
See, no matter the injustice done to you, you can't[b] kill[/b] to right the wrong.

Are you saying by blowing the bridge, ND will be developed. Let me say this, they will face intense HATRED from all parts of Nigeria and their case will graduate from minority group to endangered race in Nigeria.
You guys should better advice them very well because he that didnt price will pay if that bridge is blown.

The whole race,area will be attacked physically,spiritually and in all forms. No one will listen to pleas o.
My name maybe horrific, if it horrifies you.
Listen!!, Already they people of this region has being facing HATRED from Nigerians for over 40years.
And i will like you to know one thing, MEND (group) are not only from IJAW nation.
MEND Freedom fighter comprises of many nations (Ijaw nation, ogoni nation, Ibibbio nation, Adoni nation, Anang Nation,Efik nation, Ibo nation)etc.
So, when your attack will start, you maybe the one that will run.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2007
Willy dont be emotional, dont allow your self to be provoked. a lot of Nigerians are so ignorant of the situation in the nigerDelta, that If you hear the way they talk you will pity them.Nigeria as a Nation is a fraudulent entrapment designed to fleece the masses of their wealth- the ND inclusive. If we do not unite now, it will reach the turn of evey body. I am still saying MEND should never blow up anything especially in Lagos-it amounts to poor tactical knowledge of freedom struggle
willy*2:

My name maybe horrific, if it horrifies you.
Listen!!, Already they people of this region has being facing HATRED from Nigerians for over 40years.
And i will like you to know one thing, MEND (group) are not only from IJAW nation.
MEND Freedom fighter comprises of many nations (Ijaw nation, ogoni nation, Ibibbio nation, Adoni nation, Anang Nation,Efik nation, Ibo nation)etc.
So, when your attack will start, you maybe the one that will run.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Juju
I gat you perfectly
@Somze
they need to do something to those guys. Years to come, they might graduate from threats to carrying out of threats
@Willy Willy
when i was growing up, i saw a movie where willy willy was chasing people up and down grin grin grin. See all those hinterlands you mentioned as nations will be the ones to flee to Cameroon when the gbege starts. You berra watch what you post before you cause katakata for here. ONE NIGERIA is my own prayer. If its money you want, go and ask Alams to give some of the loot and if its 50% derivation, yaradua will look into your case. Mo own is no blowing of even Ikorodu bridge cos yawa go gas.!! chikena
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by jujukemist(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2007
tkb417:

@Juju
I gat you perfectly
@Somze
they need to do something to those guys. Years to come, they might graduate from threats to carrying out of threats
@Willy Willy
when i was growing up, i saw a movie where willy willy was chasing people up and down grin grin grin. See all those hinterlands you mentioned as nations will be the ones to flee to Cameroon when the gbege starts. You berra watch what you post before you cause katakata for here. ONE NIGERIA is my own prayer. If its money you want, go and ask Alams to give some of the loot and if its 50% derivation, yaradua will look into your case. Mo own is no blowing of even Ikorodu bridge because yawa go gas.!! chikena

tk u funny no be small- I just de laugh for hear like say I be babe wen, any how. I have stated a thread with the topic NIGERDELTA AND TERRORISM. OYA GO LOOKAM.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by willy4: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2007
tkb417:

@Willy Willy
when i was growing up, i saw a movie where willy willy was chasing people up and down grin grin grin.
And you loved the movie, Sooooo willy willy never horrifies you.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ono(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2007
Much has been contributed on this matter in this thread. I am against violence of any sort anywhere in the world. But I'm also against cheating of any type.

I hate a situation where I cannot voice out anything about the way my God-given resources is being used by anybody simply because we are in a ''Federal arrangement'' where sadists and jihadists living somewhere far up an arid region of this world holds 'sway'. I simply cannot understand why it's difficult for some numbskull people who claim they are policy formulators and have the best interests of this damned country at heart cannot read the handwriting on the wall; that this country is sitting on a keg of gun powder! Why can't they just allow everyone to sit together and think through their problems and seek ways of addressing them or part ways peacefully?

MEND and their threats aren't something new. This what has been with us right from the days of Adaka Boro. And we knew it will come to this. These ungrateful lot stealing from other peoples land knew that nemesis will catch up with them and their children to the fourth generation! But they were damne concerned about themselves only. So sad.

Why should I be surprised at MEND's threat? The government of the day and the ones of past administrations created the fertile grounds for such ugly stuff to rear their heads. So, let them deal with it. And for your information, MEND is just one ''crude way'' of some angry people in the delta expressing their angst against the scourge in their lands. And while I do not subscribe to violence of any sort, I'm really helpless and handicapped on how to advise these MEND guys to stop their threats and put their energies to something useful.

How can one tell MEND to shelve their weapons when some people in this country have zillions, proceeds from sale of crude oil, stashed away in Zurich, New York, UK and elsewhere? How can we tell them to stop the violence when the children of the past president OBJ are living in affluence while the average Niger Deltan can hardly afford to eat once in a day? How can we, when OBJ and his disciples holds the country under a firm iron grip, with the likes of Ettehgate arrow head, mama Etteh, Ali must go, Baba Bode George, the god-father of Amala politics, the able Baba's Commander at Ibadan Garrison - Lamidi Adedibu, etc etc. What about the rest from other places, feeding fat on the proceeds from crude oil sales?

Go tell MEND yourself to sheath their swords, cause I can't.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by tkb417(m): 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2007
Go tell MEND yourself to sheath their swords, cause I can't
you sure must know how to tell them.
You guys think its the bridge they are targeting, im thinking its somewhere else. probably to deceive the government.
I just hope and pray its not the planes. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by DaUtch: 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2007
We'v been eating b4 the meeting,Na 2day,They said it was Refinery,2day 3rd main land Brigde.They are fools.We better things to talk about for the progress of this nation.What do they want?Vice prisident is there 4 them,Enough is Enough.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ayokun: 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2007
these terrorists are getting bolder and bolder by the day and should be dealt with. i wonder what this govt is going to do about this newest threat. blow up the third mainland bridge? God forbid bad thing. if that happens, i'll have to move into my office on the island. may God rain fire and brimstone on the head of anybody who tries this.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9ja4eva: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2007
No make dem no take am far.Well abeg make them make sure innocent people no wound or die oh.

The government should listen to them.They have been robbed of their belongings no improvement from the Government.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by ibis: 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2007
dear all,

i am appalled at the way some of you speak so callously about this whole niger delta issue. have you ever been to the area? do you realize how long
we have peacefully agitated for a change? have you heard of adaka boro and ken saro- wiwa?

lets go down memory lane a bit, nigeria after independence was a true federal structure. 3 regions all self sustaining. with what u have develope yourself.
the yorubas had "cocoa". the revenue they made from it they used solely for their developement. same for the igbos "coal" and the hausas "groundnut".

then we discover oil in the niger delta. the rest of Nigeria forgets the regionalism. and the federal govt lays claim to all revenue from oil. NOTE the niger delta never got a chance, not a day to use their own resources to develope the place. instead all the revenue went to a federal purse and used to develope the rest of Nigeria and this people forgotten.

we have been called mumus (because we have been crying peacefully for 47 years) have you been to the Niger delta? abject poverty!!!oil exploration has
ruined the land this people used to farm on. what we have now are big oil pipes criss crossing the land!, spillages have killed the fish, the people are backward, no bridges, schools, jobs or hospitals. ask any youth corper who was posted there.

47 years of peaceful pleading and begging to be remembered. for Gods sake we are the ones sustaining the Nigerian economy right now.how much is it worth to provide jobs, build schools and develope the area? in rivers state, most people only know Port harcourt. why? because its the only developed city in the whole state!!!! warri the oil city of the delta is just a dirty village.

please let us call a spade a spade. it is Nigeria that has messed up. it is Nigeria that must redress this wrong. because it is Nigeria that gains from this oil while the people suffer the effects of oil exploration, the emancipation of the Niger Delta has come! ken saro wiwa and issac adaka boro where killed when agitating peacefully. the wound has been festering for a while, now it is stinking! all we want is fairplay!

in stead of Nigerians to speak up about how this injustice was left for so long and raising solutions you are all here screaming blue murder!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9ja4eva: 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2007
ibis:

dear all,

i am appalled at the way some of you speak so callously about this whole niger delta issue. have you ever been to the area? do you realize how long
we have peacefully agitated for a change? have you heard of adaka boro and ken saro- wiwa?

lets go down memory lane a bit, nigeria after independence was a true federal structure. 3 regions all self sustaining. with what u have develope yourself.
the yorubas had "cocoa". the revenue they made from it they used solely for their developement. same for the igbos "coal" and the hausas "groundnut".

then we discover oil in the niger delta. the rest of Nigeria forgets the regionalism. and the federal govt lays claim to all revenue from oil. NOTE the niger delta never got a chance, not a day to use their own resources to develope the place. instead all the revenue went to a federal purse and used to develope the rest of Nigeria and this people forgotten.

we have been called mumus (because we have been crying peacefully for 47 years) have you been to the Niger delta? abject poverty!!!oil exploration has
ruined the land this people used to farm on. what we have now are big oil pipes criss crossing the land!, spillages have killed the fish, the people are backward, no bridges, schools, jobs or hospitals. ask any youth corper who was posted there.

47 years of peaceful pleading and begging to be remembered. for Gods sake we are the ones sustaining the Nigerian economy right now.how much is it worth to provide jobs, build schools and develope the area? in rivers state, most people only know Port harcourt. why? because its the only developed city in the whole state!!!! warri the oil city of the delta is just a dirty village.

please let us call a spade a spade. it is Nigeria that has messed up. it is Nigeria that must redress this wrong. because it is Nigeria that gains from this oil while the people suffer the effects of oil exploration, the emancipation of the Niger Delta has come! ken saro wiwa and issac adaka boro where killed when agitating peacefully. the wound has been festering for a while, now it is stinking! all we want is fairplay!

in stead of Nigerians to speak up about how this injustice was left for so long and raising solutions you are all here screaming blue murder!

Word

Make them no injure innocent people abeg
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by vanunu: 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2007
bombing of a third mainland B. and killing of innocent people will not solve the problem, my advice to the Nigerian people is to always use democratic means to solve their problems, Nigerian govt. in the past, have even killed and detained people like Ken Sarowiwa and Ralph Uwazurike of massob who is still being cowardly detained by the Nigeria Govt.
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by denex: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2007
They should demolish the bridge and clear the debris.

NO TIME!
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 20, 2007
ibis:

dear all,

My dear quit crying.
Ask Alamesiegha and Odili what they did with the millions they were allocated all these years.
Extend that question to other leaders too.
Your leaders like all Nigerian leaders have been corrupt.
The Niger delta gets more than any other area in Nigeria but where is it?

Do you want the Money given to MEND?
will that solve the problem?

What are your leaders doing with your allocation.
That is the question
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by femionasan(m): 1:31am On Oct 20, 2007
Havent they done it yet? We are waiting. angry angry
Re: MEND Threatens To Blow Up The 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 20, 2007
let me add that if MEND carries out this threat in the name of "we are feeding the nation therefore we must be seen and heard",it would be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah than the wrath that'll befall the Niger Delta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

America Takes Over Nigeria (my Dream) / Occupy Social Media, Presidency Tells Supporters / Constitution Ammendment:senate Suspends Move To Override Jonathan. BREAKING NEWS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.