Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? (54418 Views)

Why Some S-southerners Denounce Their Igbo Heritage - Obi Of Asaba / Aro Roots Of Ikwerre, Igbo Identity Crisis By Chidi Osuagwu / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by aribisala0(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2012
concentrate and post your responses on the right thread
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2012
aribisala0:
I do not have to prove you lie the onus is to prove that what you say is true. So do that and stop distraction techniques that fool no one
Substantiate your Dr OYAMA claim

grin grin grin
This is disorientation in place and person. Posting our interaction on Bipolar thread on Ikwerre thread. Ol boy, time for your medication has reached.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by aribisala0(m): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2012
Stop smoking cannabis

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
aribisala0: The most common mental disorder
worldwide and in Nigeria are anxiety
disorders
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/
articles/PMC3039289/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
pubmed/16648534
http://
assets.cambridge.org/97805218/84198/
frontmatter/9780521884198_frontmatter.pdf
Page 211
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
pubmed/16648534
http://www.scielosp.org/scielo.php?
script=sci_arttext&pid=S0042-96862000000400003&lng=&nrm=iso

Too late for you. He he he grin
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by aribisala0(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
This is the Ikwerre thread are you OK?
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
aribisala0: Stop smoking cannabis

aribisala0: This is the Ikwerre thread are you OK?

You are only fooling yourself. Why did you edit your comments?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

You are only fooling yourself. Why did you edit your comments?

@ACM10 ive been waiting for you to put the list of last 5 or even 10 Emouha Local Gov Chairmen, you stated or should i say claimed i wasnt ikwerre !! which i think is very laim afterall you put up my previous post, so go ahead and prove me wrong. or you have seen reason if so i understand your mistake and pardon you. but if not plz feel free and put the names up here for the wolrd to see. let ppl judge me by my initials on this forum with the names you put up, unless you lie to yourself and choose to skip a chairman.
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

@ACM10 ive been waiting for you to put the list of last 5 or even 10 Emouha Local Gov Chairmen, you stated or should i say claimed i wasnt ikwerre !! which i think is very laim afterall you put up my previous post, so go ahead and prove me wrong. or you have seen reason if so i understand your mistake and pardon you. but if not plz feel free and put the names up here for the wolrd to see. let ppl judge me by my initials on this forum with the names you put up, unless you lie to yourself and choose to skip a chairman.

You are funny. You can't even spell the name of your local goverment correctly. I dey laff like the son of LG chairman. FYI, it's EMOHUA, not Emouha. I don't know why you should ask me to provide the list of the past LG chairmen. I can't even remember the ones from my LG. That's why I decided to ignore you. But I will give you two names. They are:
1. Mr. Emeka Woke
2. Hon. Allen Nma
Which one bears your initial? grin

I noticed that the modus operandi of fakers here is to throw childish challenge at somone. I expect you to convince us beyond doubt that you are from Ikwerre. So far, you've not done that.

Your posts on this forum is less than 50(mostly on this thread), but you've been here for almost one year. So, I presume that this is the handle that you use to do hack job. This moniker is only activated for a job like this.

I repeat that you are not from Ikwerre! Can you translate your comment above to Ikwerre dialect?

Then can you translate this wise saying to English:
"O bialu be onye a biagbuna ya"
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

You are funny. You can't even spell the name of your local goverment correctly. I dey laff like the son of LG chairman. FYI, it's EMOHUA, not Emouha. I don't know why you should ask me to provide the list of the past LG chairmen. I can't even remember the ones from my LG. That's why I decided to ignore you. But I will give you two names. They are:
1. Mr. Emeka Woke
2. Hon. Allen Nma

I noticed that the modus operandi of fakers here is to throw childish challenge at somone. I expect you to convince us beyond doubt that you are from Ikwerre. So far, you've not done that.

Your posts on this forum is less than 50(mostly on this thread), but you've been here for almost one year. So, I presume that this is the handle that you use to do hack job. This moniker is only activated for a job like this.

I repeat that you are not from Ikwerre! Can you translate your comment above to Ikwerre dialect?

in other words its spelling error that is your highest point ? ok oh . very immature. btw you should read thru more of your post and see alot of typing error. im no machine anyway im human.
and as for the chairman you mentioned 2 only so i take you as weak . give me past 5 chairmen and you mention 2 only ? why ? look let me tell you that even me i dont know past 10 chairmen but i told you unless you lie to urself an skip some only mentiuoning few and what did you do ? exacylt what i predicted from you. kid
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by pazienza(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

in other words its spelling error that is your highest point ? ok oh . very immature. btw you should read thru more of your post and see alot of typing error. im no machine anyway im human.
and as for the chairman you mentioned 2 only so i take you as weak . give me past 5 chairmen and you mention 2 only ? why ? look let me tell you that even me i dont know past 10 chairmen but i told you unless you lie to urself an skip some only mentiuoning few and what did you do ? exacylt what i predicted from you. kid

Stop beating around the bush,do the translation and interpretation he required of you. Don't tell me you are trying to buy time,so as to get your ikwerre/igbo friends to do that for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
pazienza:

Stop beating around the bush,do the translation and interpretation he required of you. Don't tell me you are trying to buy time,so as to get your ikwerre/igbo friends to do that for you.

This is my problem with Yoruba fakers here. They will continue to beat round the bush till you get bored. I'm happy that you made the same observation.
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

Kindly ignore my other comments and lay more emphasis on the bolded.

ACM10:

1. Mr. Emeka Woke
2. Hon. Allen Nma

I'm waiting. cool
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

Kindly ignore my other comments and lay more emphasis on the bolded.

I'm waiting. cool
NO , and your point is ? when you spoke of my mis-spelling look at what you wrote. please let everybody see you where reffering to anything but ( my local goverment) even you know that im ikwerre as you said ( you cant even spell YOUR own LGA ) . but let me note hold you there. tell everybody here that becuz i havent translated what you wrote in bold ( is the reason im not ikwerre ) ive looked at some of your post dont worry im not you that digs up but when i was reading i almost gave you credit but i can see that your understanding of som1 being from a country or tribe or clan is based on birth. in other words if an english man has a child in nigeria , to you that child is nigerian. well i went to school and as early as js1 we were taught social studies . the english mans child is a national of nigeria he is from england becuz his fathers is an english man . youve really started to sound like you may not be ikwerre yourself, look at your point.
1st is was about my passport
2nd is i was lying about my own father
3rd its language
are you really a son of the soil atall or is your own culture a lil diffrent ? im asking becuz the points you choose have literally nothing to do with where one is from.

i asked for list , you refuse instead you put up 2 only an have decided to scrap that one, now its transalation an these are your grounds for son of the soil ? what makes you think i was even born in nigeria ? oh oh dont tell me im not nigerian right ? grin becuz i wasnt born in nigeria. nna guy i beg find yourself for extra moral classes . e go help, bcuz looking at what you say your just bring your own leg out. i told you before if you really really wish to know me meet me on skype. or tell me your village i will tell you mine. mayb then you can use my initials .
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
@ ACM10 may i also state that asking sum1 on the internet to translate "O bialu be onye a biagbuna ya" is very childish of you. i mean do you work in a working enviroment or you a kid or stuck in the village ?
even a white man with an ikwerre friend will translate this for you. i told you meet me on skype an i think things will be easier . if i translate that now what will it proof to you ? if that alone will proove you that im ikwerre then its better you think what you want becuz this is becoming childish now, ACM10 really infact i only just thought about this now u really want me to translate it i could be a chinese man surronded by ikwerre ppl here afterall im not in nigeria an that alone will satisfy you ? ozor

learn about the internet ppl will sell you on here an you will belive via language grin
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

NO , and your point is ? when you spoke of my mis-spelling look at what you wrote. please let everybody see you where reffering to anything but ( my local goverment) even you know that im ikwerre as you said ( you cant even spell YOUR own LGA ) . but let me note hold you there. tell everybody here that becuz i havent translated what you wrote in bold ( is the reason im not ikwerre ) ive looked at some of your post dont worry im not you that digs up but when i was reading i almost gave you credit but i can see that your understanding of som1 being from a country or tribe or clan is based on birth. in other words if an english man has a child in nigeria , to you that child is nigerian. well i went to school and as early as js1 we were taught social studies . the english mans child is a national of nigeria he is from england becuz his fathers is an english man . youve really started to sound like you may not be ikwerre yourself, look at your point.
3rd its language
are you really a son of the soil atall or is your own culture a lil diffrent ? im asking becuz the points you choose have literally nothing to do with where one is from.

i asked for list , you refuse instead you put up 2 only an have decided to scrap that one, now its transalation an these are your grounds for son of the soil ? what makes you think i was even born in nigeria ? oh oh dont tell me im not nigerian right ? grin becuz i wasnt born in nigeria. nna guy i beg find yourself foe extra moral classes . e go help, bcuz looking at what you say your just bring your own leg out. i told you before if you really really wish to know me meet me on skype. or tell me your village i will tell you mine. mayb then you can use my initials .

You aren't IKwerre and your posts has been full of flaws,lies and blunders ever since you first posted on this thread. Mind you,I am not here to force Igbo identity on you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by pazienza(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:
@ ACM10 may i also state that asking sum1 on the internet to translate "O bialu be onye a biagbuna ya" is very childish of you. i mean do you work in a working enviroment or you a kid or stuck in the village ?
even a white man with an ikwerre friend will translate this for you. i told you meet me on skype an i think things will be easier . if i translate that now what will it proof to you ? if that alone will proove you that im ikwerre then its better you think what you want becuz this is becoming childish now, ACM10 really infact i only just thought about this now u really want me to translate it i could be a chinese man surronded by ikwerre ppl here afterall im not in nigeria an that alone will satisfy you ? ozor

learn about the internet ppl will sell you on here an you will belive via language grin

Still buying some time,aint we?
You have been weighed and found wanting,you are an impostor.
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

You aren't IKwerre and your posts has been full of flaws,lies and blunders ever since you first posted on this thread. Mind you,I am not here to force Igbo identity on you.

joker
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
pazienza:

Still buying some time,aint we?
You have been weighed and found wanting,you are an impostor.

to ?
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin grin grin
I dey laff o. Yoruba impostors go wunjure pesin here
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10: grin grin grin
I dey laff o. Yoruba impostors go wunjure pesin here

@ ACM10 ,whats the name of the village your from ?
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by Ngodigha1(m): 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

@ ACM10 ,whats the name of the village your from ?
Why are you disgracing your self in this public forum?.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Why are you disgracing your self in this public forum?.

you whats your village ? im asking you guys in particular since you ask stupid questioned i figured thats what you guys understand
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

3rd its language

i asked for list , you refuse instead you put up 2 only an have decided to scrap that one, now its transalation an these are your grounds for son of the soil ? what makes you think i was even born in nigeria ? oh oh dont tell me im not nigerian right ? grin becuz i wasnt born in nigeria. nna guy i beg find yourself for extra moral classes . e go help, bcuz looking at what you say your just bring your own leg out. i told you before if you really really wish to know me meet me on skype. or tell me your village i will tell you mine. mayb then you can use my initials .

Come o, did u claim that you were born in UK? cheesy

c.r.r.o:

Exactly my point. i knew your were going to pick my mothers side as my heritage or maybe my country of birth lol . your really a kid and you above statement states why.

if you view more of my post you will realise ive always stated i take to my fathers side not only by choice but by law. i dont know of any country that a child is stated as being from that country because of birth. for you information im a national of the UK and my mothers from JA. that you dont know of any ikwerre man that married a foreigner is a shame and if you are ikwerre then your a great let down. one of my threads you put there was when i was going on holiday last year as ive always held a uk passport until last year. but can you explain or show all of us how that corresponds with me not being ikwerre ? Or is it that you want me to mention my fathers name here ? maybe you can meet me on skype an if you prove your ikwerre i can disclose this to you . im not here to brag on royalty or anything like that , i was not born into any royalty this all just happened few years back . you sound like another saddist truly

I swear with my 2 balls, my monthly salary and mama and by the amadioha shrine, that you have never crossed the gate of Ajegunle. Your Written English is too poor for someone who spent part of his life and mingled with the native English speakers in UK.
I'm beginning to think that you have an underlying psychiatric disorder. You can fool everybody, but you can't fool me. I would have ignored you, but you pushed so hard on your Ikwerre claim that you activated my sensor. So I set about to investigate your claim.
BTW, "o bialu be onye a biagbuna ya" was one of Igbo wise saying spoken to me by an Ikwerre woman whom I met in Bayelsa. I hand-picked the comment to test your Ikwerre claim hoping that you can easily translate it. But you failed woefully. Thereby exposing your fake azzzz.
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

Come o, did u claim that you were born in UK? cheesy

I swear with my 2 balls, my monthly salary and mama and by the amadioha shrine, that you have never crossed the gate of Ajegunle. Your Written English is too poor for someone who spent part of his life and mingled with the native English speakers in UK.
I'm beginning to think that you have an underlying psychiatric disorder. You can fool everybody, but you can't fool me. I would have ignored you, but you pushed so hard on your Ikwerre claim that you activated my sensor. So I set about to investigate your claim.
BTW, "o bialu be onye a biagbuna ya" was one of Igbo wise saying spoken to me by an Ikwerre woman whom I met in Bayelsa. I hand-picked the comment to test your Ikwerre claim hoping that you can easily translate it. But you failed woefully. Thereby exposing your fake azzzz.

i fail to see any point made here
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

i fail to see any point made here

Nna, the point bu na i bu nwa Yoruba
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

can i ask you why you refferd to my mis spell as my LGA ? you made a joke by it .
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

and useing ur mother , balls to swear ? choi i really feal for you boi. in the name of prooving im not ikwerre.
ppl like u wont live long if you dont change these ways.
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by ACM10: 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
c.r.r.o:

can i ask you why you refferd to my mis spell as my LGA ? you made a joke by it .

A na ekwu nke o mere, o mekwaa ozo.
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by crro: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
ACM10:

A na ekwu nke o mere, o mekwaa ozo.
grin grin grin
see the anger in full
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by vislabraye(m): 12:07am On Sep 12, 2012
I've observed what the poster is saying. While I served I know a fellow corper who speaks Ibo very well and socializes with them. But when an Ibo corper got into trouble I told him" what will you do about ur brother?" He said "I'm not Ibo, I'm Ikwere." It was ridiculous hearing it.

Not only Ikwere people, Asaba and some Delta Ibos don't want to associate themselves with the main Ibos. Well, whatever.
Re: Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2012
vislabraye: I've observed what the poster is saying. While I served I know a fellow corper who speaks Ibo very well and socializes with them. But when an Ibo corper got into trouble I told him" what will you do about ur brother?" He said "I'm not Ibo, I'm Ikwere." It was ridiculous hearing it.

Not only Ikwere people, Asaba and some Delta Ibos don't want to associate themselves with the main Ibos. Well, whatever.

To me,its quite ok if they don't wanna associate with the greater Igbo nation but lets not twist facts nor rewrite history,so we can cover our shameful insecurities.

Stella Damascus,in an interview she offered some tabloids years ago,stated that her last name was "Ojukwu"(yes,same as the Ojukwu the biafran leader;note that Stella is an Asaba girl) but her family after the biafran war changed the name to her grand father's baptismal name because they thought it will help if ppl don't think they are related to ojukwu nor are Igbo. The war really dealt a devastating blow to the Igbo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Chills With Oba Of Elegushi After Being Snubbed By Oba Of Lagos.PIC / Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / Anambra Woman Forced To Walk Over Daughter's Corpse To Prove Her Innocence (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.