Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? (17857 Views)

How Do I Convince Her To Go Intimate With Me? / . / How Do I Convince This Girl To Accept My Proposal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by ortopazz(m): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2012
it is obvious and I keep saying that this is one thing that needs extra thought not on the issue but on the nAture of personality of tHE person, i mean how can someone in the first place advise me on the importance of being gay and all that, what i believe you should do is ask her to genuinely ask herself is that the decision she wants and if she loves the juoystick things then you will know that the gat thing aint in her for reallzzzzz
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by ortopazz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2012
IF SHE ENJOYS THE JOYSTICK THINGS THEN SHE cant then be a lezzzzzbian
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
@OP, like someone has suggested, you need to work on yourself first before trying to work on her. Fornication is also a sin you know. It doesn't make sense for you to try to tell her to give up a particular type of sin for anoda. If you really love her, give yourself to Christ and then you can lead her to Christ too, otherwise you're just digging a fresh hole to fill up an old one.
@Inked_Nerd, slimyem and et al. My dear, it's tru sin is sin. There might not be any one bigger than the other but one thing I know for sure is this, some can bring God's wrath on one faster than others, some can be more deeply rooted than others and yet again some can be more deadly than others. Whenever I come across you guys posts, my heart gets heavy most especially when I see you quoting scriptures. It shows that you already know the Word of God but have chosen to harden your heart against the part that concerns you especially. But my prayer for you guys is that God's mercy will never let you go. Say hi to Dyt and the others. Kinda suprised she hasn't posted on this topic yet.
P.S. Am no saint and I can never tell someone that he/she has no right to talk to me about my sinful ways unless he/she is a saint. God doesn't have a set of people He uses to get our attention. He can use anyone even the devil himself.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by kambili190: 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
@Inked_Nerd

PEACE wink

I agree with many points you've made. And indeed it is irrelevant when you discover if you're straight, homo or bi.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Brodafred(m): 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
Though some people might have said this or that but the truth is still that something bad is bad and there is nothing we can do about it this how God created us and no human being has the moral right to change what God has made, having said that you can convince her with many heartfelt questions, which will equally make her to search her conscience though such a people sometimes have stony heart, that are dead and without feelings any more.
1. Ask her about making babies
2. ask her if her mother where to be like her will she be born?
3 ask her if she can stand boldly before everybody to declare her status.
4. Finally show her from the scriptures the judgement awaiting her likes.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Coefficient(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2012
No offense meant bt me think PH is d uno numero city of same sex relations in naija, met a guy online once n he kept preachn gay religion to me, askn me hw I feel 2wards fellow guys. Bullshit! I can't even sleep on d same bed wt anoda guy.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Drunk: 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2012
How does Lesbianism becomes a wrong act? If people have challenges or emotional defect, should they be condemned for their defects or abnormality?
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2012
In a sane country, the op might just get beaten for wanting to change someones sexuality. Come how is it your headache? and if you are proving religious, damn 4ck u, Hypocrite, after 4cking her. Dumb fool.

Homophobia should be a legalized crime, so next time you think of something foolish as this, you get thrown into jail, 4cker.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by irich21(m): 12:35am On Feb 16, 2012
Don't listen to anyone dt thinks it difficult convincin her, evrythin is possible, just let her knw dt homosexuality is abt de worst sin hence God destroyed two cities for just dt sin, it's dt bad, hence the need to change frm it,
Show her luv, dn't go tryin to do de same thing her partners do to her just give her a shoulder to lean on, be there for her, it means alot to girls, dey always need smone to tell evrythin, a listenin ear, and b4 u knw it, she'll b a different person, I bet u it works like,
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by afroxyz: 12:47am On Feb 16, 2012
It seems the most 'civilized' pple are the most foolish. Comparable to the sheep that would follow the master to the slaughter house. Homosexuality natural? Give me a break. For all i care, u scoundrels can burn in the hottest part of hell. Very soon, pple wd soon start agitating for beastiality, saying itz natural
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by BrillsDoogan(f): 1:14am On Feb 16, 2012
The truth its not about convincing her. its something she has to deal with. It was never originally God's design for male and females to have sexual attraction with same sex. The devil has always tried to adulterate God's plan and turn his design upside down. She needs to make a DECISION to quit and seek God's help. Ever noticed this about the world that when something initially deemed as perverse breaks out into the public, as time goes on, it becomes accepted and seems as "normal"? Just because so many people are embracing it, still don't make it right. With all do respect to all those who may be offended by this, but why would God create our body parts to "fit" they way they do between a man and woman then turn around to accommodate same sex? even without going tooo far to prove its not right, our anatomy says it all. Anyway, i think you need to direct her to a man of God who will have good counsel and the spirit of God in him to follow her up with her, that is if she has made the decision to stop it and cut off from all those who encourage it as well.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by manmustwac(m): 1:56am On Feb 16, 2012
Accept her the way she is or leave her. It's that simple
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by charlesizm: 2:11am On Feb 16, 2012
U can't. U shouldn't try to make her live d way u do. Both of u ar directly opposite each oda by orientation, education n beliefs. So tryin to mak her see reasons wil amount to a waste of tym.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Impulse80(m): 6:32am On Feb 16, 2012
How big is ur dic.k try gettin her wet b4 u f.uck her
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by queensmith: 7:17am On Feb 16, 2012
How are you going to tell someone the way he/she feels is wrong? Who are you to do this?
Are u the creator of man?
If she's a lesbian she's a lesbian, get over it.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by InkedNerd(f): 10:31am On Feb 16, 2012
rabzy:

In 1987, a non-scientific study (Munson) was conducted of more than 100 members of a lesbian social organization in Colorado. When asked what techniques they used in their last 10 love.making sessions, 100% were for kissing, sucking on ni.pples, and manual stimulation of the clit.oris; more than 90% reported French kiss.ing, MouthAction, and fingers inserted into the va.gina; and 80% reported tribadism.

98% of the whole sample gave a history of sex.ual activity with women, 83% within the past year, with a median of one female partner in that year. 85% of the sample reported intimate activity with men; for most (70%) this was 4 or more years ago. First intimate experience tended to be with a man (median 18 years old), with first sex.ual experience with a woman a few years later (median 21 years). Or.al sex , vag.ina.l penetration with fingers, and mutual masturba.tion were the most commonly reported se.xual practices between women. V.aginal penetration with joystick or fingers and mutual masturbati.on were the most commonly reported intimate activities with men, http://sti.bmj.com/content/79/2/147.full

PHILADELPHIA -- L.esbians under age 30 commonly practice va.ginal penetrative sex manually or with intimacy gadgets, "Participants in all four groups reported that vagin.al penetrative practices using se.x toys and fingers/hands were practiced commonly. A.nal penetrative sex was also mentioned in each group," she said.

Of the 10 women in the 18-22 age group, 7 reported using a v.aginal insertion intimacy gadget, and 6 said they cleaned the toy between use on themselves and use on a partner. Of the 14 women in the 23-29 age group, 11 reported both toy use and cleaning.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CYD/is_10_39/ai_n6078885/

Vagin.al penetration by a partner’s finger or tongue is common, as is the insertion of foreign objects. Some lesbians use dildos to replace the sensations that accompany Reproduction with a man. But, because many dildos are shaped like a p.enis, some controversy exists in the lesbian community as to their use. Many lesbians reject dildos because they are male-defined, which clashes with the strong political beliefs of some lesbians.

Or.al sex is a very common practice by lesbians and includes in most if not all cases penetration of the va.gina by the tongue.  

Take note that these reports were done because of the high incidence of  bacterial vaginosis amongst lesbians as oppose to heteros, to determine why this is the case and what safety precautions should be followed to reduce the risk.

While I appreaciate the information, the fact that the non-scientific study was conducted in 1987, it makes me question the validity of the the information provided, especially given the bias within the medical field towards the gay community during the 80s. Now given the fact that it has been 25 years since this non-scientific study was conducted, I would assume that there are certain factors and conditions that have changed that ordinarily wouldn't have been considered or taken into consideration when the study was initially conducted. It's nice that you bolded those particular sections of the information you provided but if you paid close attention to what you mentioned, it clearly states "Sëxual practice between women includes öral sex, väginäl or änäl pënëtration with fingers or sëx töys, and mutual mästurbätion.". As a young woman who is sexually active, I will say with certainty that although this information does give way the to the sëxual practices of some people, it is speculative in the sense that certain sëxual encounters do not necassrily mean that it involves penetration. Mutual mästurbätion as mentioned by the study does not in any way indicate that there is pënëtration of any sort involved. It never gave a specific or genralized number which like I stated previously in your post which you stated that most have a desire, feeling, or longing to be pënetratëd or to pënëtrated. What it does say is that lesbians engage in those particular sëxual activities mentioned in the information.

The 98%, 83%, 85%, and 70% you pointed out were in reference to the specific information with the info provided within those sentences and not those of the following sentence. Also, it mentions "Sëxual orientation can be defined by sëxual identity, sëxual attraction, or sëxual behaviour. These definitions are not necessarily congruent, and are likely to differ in degree and over time. We selected subjects on the basis of both sëxual identity and sëxual behaviour. We used convenience sampling (selected by virtue of attendance at lesbian clinics or through lesbian and bisexual women’s community groups) since lesbian and bisexual sëxual orientation is stigmatised and subjects hard to reach for research. The clinics were advertised as lesbian sëxual health clinics, and the survey described as a survey of lesbian sëxual health, so bisexual women are likely to be under-represented. While the community sample was purposively selected to reflect demographic diversity, the results presented may not be directly generalisable to lesbians and bisexual women in other settings. These data are not intended to represent all lesbians and bisexual women, but instead to describe diversity of sëxual history and practice in a large sample of women who have had sëx with women". Also, "Surveys of sëxual health are inevitably vulnerable to inaccuracies such as recall bias and social desirability bias. In addition, questions about sëxual behaviour are liable to be interpreted in subtly different ways by respondents depending upon what is considered “sex” or a “partner” by respondents. For example, while 85% reported past sex with men, 82% reported having had one or more male sëxual partner. The survey used a structure with mainly closed questions and predetermined response categories. The true diversity of sëxual history and practice is therefore likely to be under-represented by these results. We have noted differing response rates to different individual questions; the poorest response rates were for questions about backdoor and this may introduce response bias."

I do, appreciate the information provided by the second article that you posted but like I said, you saying that during most if not all same-sex acts there is an innate desire, feeling, a longing to be pënetratëd or to pënetratë is highly untrue. I do believe that many people do have a desire to be pënetratëd or to pënetratë but I wouldn't necassarily say most. Within the article, it doesn't give a specific number since your assertion stated that most, use väginäl pëneträtion as a means of acheiveing pleasure. Much like the article, I will agree that lesbians under the age of 30 commonly practice väginäl peneträtive sex manually or with intimacy gadgets, yet have a poor understanding of the possible accompanying risk of bacterial vaginosis that's not to say that your initial statement still stands. Yes, it does say that it is common, but commonality does not signify a majority, specific, or generalized figure.

ortopazz:

IF SHE ENJOYS THE JOYSTICK THINGS THEN SHE  cant then be a lezzzzzbian

That's not entirely true. Sex alone does not determine one's intimate orientation.

henryskywalker2003:

@OP, like someone has suggested, you need to work on yourself first before trying to work on her. Fornication is also a sin you know. It doesn't make sense for you to try to tell her to give up a particular type of sin for anoda. If you really love her, give yourself to Christ and then you can lead her to Christ too, otherwise you're just digging a fresh hole to fill up an old one.
@Inked_Nerd, slimyem and et al. My dear, it's tru sin is sin. There might not be any one bigger than the other but one thing I know for sure is this, some can bring God's wrath on one faster than others, some can be more deeply rooted than others and yet again some can be more deadly than others. Whenever I come across you guys posts, my heart gets heavy most especially when I see you quoting scriptures. It shows that you already know the Word of God but have chosen to harden your heart against the part that concerns you especially. But my prayer for you guys is that God's mercy will never let you go. Say hi to Dyt and the others. Kinda suprised she hasn't posted on this topic yet.
P.S. Am no saint and I can never tell someone that he/she has no right to talk to me about my sinful ways unless he/she is a saint. God doesn't have a set of people He uses to get our attention. He can use anyone even the devil himself.

Please, tell me how you know for certain that one will bring "God's" wrath on faster than others? Your heart can get as heavy as you want it to but the information still stands. Do not use your your personal religious beliefs to dictate the lives of others. Much like your forefathers and foremothers of long ago, the same practices were imposed on them so why on Earth would you subject someone else to that? Last time I check, a "good Christian" doesn't go around doing such things. I have seen many Christians who do not in any way support homosexuality yet I never see then trying to force their religious beliefs on others or use it as a means of telling someone how they should live their lived. I don't even see them preaching against homosexuality or trying to "convert" gays and lesbians. What I have encountered are people who despite their religious beliefs respect someone else desire to live as they please irrespective to their own religious views. I have no problem with you as a Christian wanting to spread the love that you feel that your religion provides but to use force as a means of doing so, that is just wrong and at that point, that is not love. Yes, I do know the word of "God" but it is not by choice but by indoctrination. Like many other Nigerians, I have been raised with one of the three religions of the East. And yes, I said 'religions of the East' because despite what many people think or have been raised to believe, Christianity is not a religion of the West, rather it is of the East. It was introduced to mother Africa by those of the West but I digress. My heart isn't "hardened" nor have I chosen to harden my heart by what you claim are the parts that concerns me. My heart is even more open having exposed myself to the various scriptures and passages within the Bible. Sadly, like many other people, you to overlook information especially that which make specific mention of contradictory which you so dearly hold onto. While I normally say 'thank you', smile, or just nod when someone tells me that they will "pray" for me,  you're more than welcome to keep this particular prayer to yourself. I have no need or desire for it.

kambili190:

@Inked_Nerd

PEACE  wink

I agree with many points you've made. And indeed it is irrelevant when you discover if you're straight, homo or bi.

Thank you. I just wanna say again though, I didn't mean any harm with the harsh tone  embarassed

Brodafred:

Though some people might have said this or that but the truth is still that something  bad is bad and there is nothing we can do about it this how God created us and no human being has the moral right to change what God has made, having said that you can convince her with many heartfelt questions, which will equally make her to search her conscience though such a people sometimes have stony heart, that are dead and without feelings any more.
1. Ask her about making babies
2. ask her if her mother where to be like her will she be born?
3 ask her if she can stand boldly before everybody to declare her status.
4. Finally show her from the scriptures the judgement awaiting her likes.

Contrary to what some of you men believe, not every woman wants a child. What her mother wants for her should not dictate her life. At some point in time, she will become a grown woman [if she's not already one] and she will live on her own and make her own decisions in life. My mother would like me to be a doctor, get married, and have some kids but I don't let her personal desires dictate my career paths, relationship pursuits, or reproductive activity. As for her standing boldly and declairing her "status", she doesn't need to do that nor does she need to prove that to anyone. No one asks heterosexuals to do that so why should she be subjected to that? And you telling the OP to show her scriptures if futile because these same scriptures that you use to justify your religious agenda also gives way to many things that are contradictory to things that many claim are the fundamental points that make Judeo-Christian religion what some of you claim it is.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by InkedNerd(f): 10:32am On Feb 16, 2012
irich21:

Don't listen to anyone dt thinks it difficult convincin her, evrythin is possible, just let her knw dt homosexuality is abt de worst sin hence God destroyed two cities for just dt sin, it's dt bad, hence the need to change frm it,
Show her luv, dn't go tryin to do de same thing her partners do to her just give her a shoulder to lean on, be there for her, it means alot to girls, dey always need smone to tell evrythin, a listenin ear, and b4 u knw it, she'll b a different person, I bet u it works like,

Everything is possible? Oh really?! Is that so? Can I fly? Can a dog give birth to kittens? If I jump off the Empire State building, will I not die or not be severely injured? Despite what you and many others may believe when it comes to the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, traditionally, we have been taught that the Biblical cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed for "homosexuality" and other "perverted sëxual behavior". That just may have had a part to play in the destruction of the two cities. But I submit to you that this is not the only or premier reason for it, if it had a part to play in it at all. Let's just deal with the text shall we? As the story goes in Genesis 19:1-11, two angels arrived at Sodom at night, and Lot was the one sitting at the gate of the city. He bowed before them and asked them to stay at his house to wash their feet and spend the night [which was common custom in those days when dealing with strangers. It was a show of good hospitality]. When they refused, he insisted that they go to his house and he prepared a meal for them. Before they all tore it down for the night, all the "men" from every part of the city came and bum rushed the house, asking about the two. The crowd insisted that they be brought out so that they could "know" or Be Intimate with them. Lot goes out and pleads with these "men" not to do this wicked thing, and asks them to take his daughters and have their way with them. The "men" of the city pressed their way and accused Lot of trying to be "all that" when he was just a stranger in their city himself. They threatened to do worse to him than they would do to the angels if they weren't brought out to them. It got so bad, the "men" tried to break down the door. But luckily, the angels had Lot's back and pulled him back inside the house and struck all SODOM AND GOMORRAH the "men" outside with blindness so they couldn't find the door [paraphrasing mine].

Now this is the deal. Iif you are gonna study scripture, you need to study it in its proper context and with the right spirit. You can't be trying to prove a point or be "theologically correct" in a debate. You have to be searching the heart and mind of "God" for the truth so you can properly use it to help yourself, and to help others. The Bible says, "All scripture is God breathed, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correction, and training in righteousness", II Timothy 3.16. Nowhere is "abuse" and "used for debate and political gain" mentioned. The Word, even when used in rebuke or discipline, is meant to edify or build people up and not tear them down. With that being said, it is important to realize that the Old Testament was originally written in Aramaic or Hebrew. And the New Testament was written in Greek. And to properly ascertain the true meaning and spirit of the text you must go back to the original language. Let me break it down to you.

The angels came into the city and Lot was sitting at the gate [that's what the scripture says]. And when they approached him, he bowed before them and invited them into his home thus offering them proper hospitality [which was common in that time period]. After they all ate dinner and were about to go to bed, the "men" from every corner of the city surrounded Lot's house insisting that he bring the two angels out.

Now, the Hebrew word for "men" in this particular text is "enowsh", defined "mortals [as in Adam; humanity; people; congregation; male and female" not just "males" as with the Hebrew word "iysh," as some would like you to believe. The people wanted to "know" the men [or angels]. Now, this is the tricky part. The Hebrew word for "know" is "yada", meaning to properly ascertain by seeing; observing or reflecting; or to know by experiencing. And in this text, there is no differentiation. The Bible, in this particular text, does not say either/or. So one cannot logically, or correctly say that the male population of Sodom wanted to "have sëx" with the angels as traditionally thought. We might also add that in the Bible, the Hebrew word "yada", meaning "to know" is used 943 times. Of those times, only 10 have a sëxual connotation. Therefore, the likelihood of it having a sëxual meaning in this text is very slim. This is where the debate comes in. One school of thought uses the fact that Lot offered his daughters to the crowd and pleads with them to have their way, but not to do "this wicked thing" to the men as proof that their intent was to have sëx. Another school says that the daughters or women were "property" [like women were in that time], and he was offering them as slaves to the crowd. When in all actuality, Lot could have become wealthy by receiving "dowries [or money]" for his daughters when their hand was asked in marriage. One school of thought says the "men [meaning males]" of the city were sex perverts and sought after the men with lustful intent. Another says that the men were trying to figure out if these "men" were spies who knew Lot, and wanted to make sure they weren't in the city to try to take over. There are other issues that can be introduced and addressed here. Like the fact that when the men of the city were victorious in war or in a conquest, they would often beat and violation the men they defeated as to exercise ultimate dominion over them. Thus making them no more important or valuable to society than women or "property". This was a humiliating and emasculating experience for any man to endure.

Let me also throw in that in that time, common practice was to question visitors about their journey and their intent as to determine if they were spies and if they were trying to take the city by force. The "men" of the city were keepers of the cities in which they lived and were responsible for it's protection. And the arguments go on, and on, and on, and on, and on. Nobody really cares that the Bible explicitly says why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed. "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.", Ezekiel 16.49-50. And if you really STUDY the Word, you will remember that God was already gonna destroy the cities BEFORE the angels even got there. The truth about Sodom and Gomorrah is, GOD JUDGES SIN [anything causing spiritual separation from God]!!! Mind you, in no way am I trying to get you to see MY personal point of view, nor am I trying to decide FOR you what the message of this story is as it relates to your life. I am just presenting information in hopes that you will understand the true Biblical account. We've already discussed the often argued and debated points of the story. And we've discovered that what we have all heard and been taught isn't necessarily the "whole truth" of the matter. In fact, in some cases, I believe we have been taught the WRONG thing altogether. Here are some other points of consideration in helping you determine what's really going on here. First let's consider the actual names of the cities, Sodom and Gomorrah. The name "Sodom" comes from the Hebrew word "Cedom [pronounced: sed-ome'] which means to scorch, or burnt. And the name "Gomorrah" is " 'Amorah [pronounced: am-o-raw' "] meaning a ruined heap, as in gathering things into a heap for burning. Now, since this is what happened to the cities, could these names have been given to them AFTER the fact? Some theologians argue that these two cities were called Sodom and Gomorrah after their destruction and were not the original names thereof. If this is so, what were there actual names? Further along these lines, let's consider the word "sodomite" which is often used by some to describe same gender loving people. Yes, the word is in the Bible as we know it today. And it has been very loosely translated as "gay" in some versions of the Scripture. The word is used twice in the Old Testament of King James version of the Bible, and several times in the New Testament. But if you look in the Hebrew and Greek texts…. the word "sodomite" isn't found at all. Let me elaborate, in Deuteronomy 23.17, the text reads: "There shall be no LovePeddler of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel." And, II Kings 23.7 reads: "And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the Lord, where the women wove hangings for the grove". Now if you look up "LovePeddler" in Hebrew, the word is "k'deshah", meaning pröstitute [temple pröstitute in this case]. And the word "sodomite(s)" is "kadesh", the male version of the word "k'deshah". This says there were both male and female temple LovePeddlers who sold their bodies in worship of the fertility goddess Asherah. God was saying in these texts that His people should not engage in this kind of activity, thus breaking the law forbidding idol worship. So in these scriptures, idol worship is the thing being forbidden. In English, we get our word "sodomy" from the word "sodomite" in the Bible. And the definition of the word varies. In this country there are laws forbidding sodomy, and the definitions differ from state to state. Some get so extreme as to say that anything other than womanly heterosexual sex is sodomy. So I suppose by this definition, all other kinds of sex between consenting adults is not only illegal, but is also forbidden by Scripture and participants thereof are going to hell! Also, If you read from Genesis 14, you will discover that during the time of this story, the cities [to include neighboring cities] were engaged in a war. This had to have created a social climate where everyone was on alert. Anyone foreign to the city or to the region was held suspect and could be considered a spy. There was intense need amongst the townspeople to feel safe and secure. Thus the need for the gates surrounding the cities and the posted watchmen [remember Lot was the gatekeeper in this story]. Think about it, you live in a city who was just engaged in war. The night a NON-NATIVE of the city is trusted to watch the gate [thus controlling traffic in and out], he lets two people that NOBODY knows into the city and even more so BEHIND CLOSED DOORS FOR THE NIGHT IN HIS HOUSE! Certainly this raised some eyebrows and caused some suspicion. Lastly, in Genesis 18.20-19.29, NOWHERE is the word "abomination" found. The story specifies that "the sin of Sodom was grievous to God" and that's it. When cross-referencing this scripture, the prophet Ezekiel mentions an unnamed abomination. Careful study will reveal that the word "abomination" was not defined until the law was given in Leviticus, and a great number of things were considered to be abomination. Therefore, when looking at this story, one cannot look to the Levitical definition of the word in reference to Sodom and Gomorrah because all the cities of the region were destroyed BEFORE the law was even given. In most cases, outside of he law, the word "abomination" is used when describing acts associated with idol worship, and thus were considered by the Hebrew people as unclean. Proverbs 6.16-19 gives a list of the things that God deems abominable…"a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, feet that are swift to do mischief, a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that sows discord among the bretheren". Nowhere in this list is homosexuality mentioned.

Let me reiterate as I have to the OP and other's on this tread who naïvely believe that he can pray her lesbianism away or sex the the lesbian out of her--no amount, and I REPEAT NO AMOUNT of loving from a guy will turn her into a heterosexual.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by mobf: 11:20am On Feb 16, 2012
Well i don't have a problem with lesbians,
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by rabzy: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Inked_Nerd

Nice Write-up and definitely different angles at seeing the whole story.

The possibility that the men/people were just interested in knowing if they were enemies spies does not jell with me. First if anybody was above suspicion it should be Lot. Remember his Uncle Abraham used his own army and personally funded the the war that returned all the people including their kings back to their land and even when they wanted to give Abraham some part he bluntly refused. Lot should be well respected and above suspicion because his presence amongst them saved them. Lot was a wealthy chieftain and a well known man in the city.

If they just wanted to know who these men are, they would have sent their representatives to Lot and conducted the affair in a diplomatic manner, and not the frenzied mob we read about.

In places where 'know' is used as intercourse, it is the context that indicates what is implied. Lot offering his daughter to satisfy their sexual urges shows what is implied. Lot is a very wealthy man, his daughters' dowries are insignificant compared to his wealth.
If Lot was just offering them as slaves, how does that make the people know who these men are? how does that reveal the identity or purpose of the angel's visit?
How much would the sale of two slaves add to the economy or wealth of a whole city or crowd.

Even before he knew their purpose he asked them to stay overnight, and of course the door would be closed because they were about to retire for the night. So being behind closed doors should not arouse suspicion. The door was meant to be closed. If its a normal practice to extend such hospitality to strangers, then the suspicion is not warranted. The Bible also never said they were perpetually in a state of war. The enemy nation was soundly defeated by Lot's Uncle Abraham. If anybody was in danger of being attacked, it would have been Abraham, who was a tent dweller and also he was the one that single-handedly defeated them. So if anyone was going to take out Sodom and Gomorrah, they would have first neutralized their defender Abraham.

Yes the name Sodom and sodomite was after the-fact, the ancient names of the city has probably been lost, but such usage occurs very often in the Bible, where the Bible mentions a cities name and describe an incident which gives the city its name.

Inked_Nerd:

[font=times new roman][size=12pt]
Further along these lines, let's consider the word "sodomite" which is often used by some to describe same gender loving people. Yes, the word is in the Bible as we know it today. And it has been very loosely translated as "gay" in some versions of the Scripture. The word is used twice in the Old Testament of King James version of the Bible, and several times in the New Testament. But if you look in the Hebrew and Greek texts…. the word "sodomite" isn't found at all. Let me elaborate, in Deuteronomy 23.17, the text reads: "There shall be no LovePeddler of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel." And, II Kings 23.7 reads: "And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the Lord, where the women wove hangings for the grove". Now if you look up "LovePeddler" in Hebrew, the word is "k'deshah", meaning pröstitute [temple pröstitute in this case]. And the word "sodomite(s)" is "kadesh", the male version of the word "k'deshah". T[b]his says there were both male and female temple LovePeddlers who sold their bodies in worship of the fertility goddess Asherah. God was saying in these texts that His people should not engage in this kind of activity, thus breaking the law forbidding idol worship. So in these scriptures, idol worship is the thing being forbidden.[/b]

The worship of idols is something very Abominable before God and so were other practices such as 'cheating with wrong scales'. Many acts associated with Idol worship apart from the worshipping of idols itself were abominable. God specifically said burning of children in fire for worship which was happening in Jerusalem and was copied from the worship of Molech was very detestable and was something that never ever came to his mind.

Various forms of sexual perverseness was done by the canaanites in their worship such as bestiality and this was also condemned as abominable. Male and female prostitute were also employed in their temple and God was warning them not to bring such practice into his own house, in fact the price or money gained or paid for such acts should not be brought into the temple. The money itself also was detestable.

(Deuteronomy 23:17-18) 17 “None of the daughters of Israel may become a temple prostitute, neither may anyone of the sons of Israel become a temple prostitute. 18 You must not bring the hire of a harlot or the price of a dog into the house of Jehovah your God for any vow, because they are something detestable to Jehovah your God, even both of them.

So its not just Idolatry that is condemned, every act connected with it and which God has not commanded is detestable.

(1 Kings 14:24) 24 And even the male temple prostitute proved to be in the land. They acted according to all the detestable things of the nations whom Jehovah had driven out from before the sons of Israel.

Any form of Idolatry or even having an image or praying to a god was abhorrent to God, sexual immorality was also a sin, now importing all the filthy sexual practices and combining it with worship was beyond abhorrent, and that is why a broad word 'lewdness, loose conduct, lasciviousness,' etc was often used to group them together.

In the scriptures and especially for xtians anything beyond sex between married heterosexual individuals is a sin.

Now God wants but does not expect everyone to live by the standards he had set, he knows some people 'even in the land of straightforwardness would be crooked'. These are the wicked and he has said his Judgement.

(Jude 7) So too Sod′om and Go‧mor′rah and the cities about them, after they in the same manner as the foregoing ones had committed fornication excessively and gone out after flesh for unnatural use, are placed before [us] as a [warning] example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.

(Leviticus 18:22) 22 “‘And you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.

(Romans 1:26) That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature;
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by solelymade: 11:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
god punish all dis lesbians and gay people. when i no craze having a guy put is shrink dick into my rear. were ni sori yin
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by ranlaen: 2:54am On Feb 17, 2012
tell her to bring her friend and enjoy party grin
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by InkedNerd(f): 7:52am On Feb 17, 2012
rabzy:

@Inked_Nerd

Nice Write-up and definitely different angles at seeing the whole story.

The possibility that the men/people were just interested in knowing if they were enemies spies does not jell with me. First if anybody was above suspicion it should be Lot. Remember his Uncle Abraham used his own army and personally funded the the war that returned all the people including their kings back to their land and even when they wanted to give Abraham some part he bluntly refused. Lot should be well respected and above suspicion because his presence amongst them saved them. Lot was a wealthy chieftain and a well known man in the city.

If they just wanted to know who these men are, they would have sent their representatives to Lot and conducted the affair in a diplomatic manner, and not the frenzied mob we read about.

In places where 'know' is used as intercourse, it is the context that indicates what is implied. Lot offering his daughter to satisfy their intimate urges shows what is implied. Lot is a very wealthy man, his daughters' dowries are insignificant compared to his wealth.
If Lot was just offering them as slaves, how does that make the people know who these men are? how does that reveal the identity or purpose of the angel's visit?
How much would the sale of two slaves add to the economy or wealth of a whole city or crowd.

Even before he knew their purpose he asked them to stay overnight, and of course the door would be closed because they were about to retire for the night. So being behind closed doors should not arouse suspicion. The door was meant to be closed.  If its a normal practice to extend such hospitality to strangers, then the suspicion is not warranted. The Bible also never said they were perpetually in a state of war. The enemy nation was soundly defeated by Lot's Uncle Abraham. If anybody was in danger of being attacked, it would have been Abraham, who was a tent dweller and also he was the one that single-handedly defeated them. So if anyone was going to take out Sodom and Gomorrah, they would have first neutralized their defender Abraham.

Yes the name Sodom and sodomite was after the-fact, the ancient names of the city has probably been lost, but such usage occurs very often in the Bible, where the Bible mentions a cities name and describe an incident which gives the city its name.

The worship of idols is something very Abominable before God and so were other practices such as 'cheating with wrong scales'. Many acts associated with Idol worship apart from the worshipping of idols itself were abominable. God specifically said burning of children in fire for worship which was happening in Jerusalem and was copied from the worship of Molech was very detestable and was something that never ever came to his mind.

Various forms of intimate perverseness was done by the canaanites in their worship such as bestiality and this was also condemned as abominable. Male and female LovePeddler were also employed in their temple and God was warning them not to bring such practice into his own house, in fact the price or money gained or paid for such acts should not be brought into the temple. The money itself also was detestable.

(Deuteronomy 23:17-18) 17 “None of the daughters of Israel may become a temple LovePeddler, neither may anyone of the sons of Israel become a temple LovePeddler. 18 You must not bring the hire of a harlot or the price of a dog into the house of Jehovah your God for any vow, because they are something detestable to Jehovah your God, even both of them.

So its not just Idolatry that is condemned, every act connected with it and which God has not commanded is detestable.

(1 Kings 14:24) 24 And even the male temple LovePeddler proved to be in the land. They acted according to all the detestable things of the nations whom Jehovah had driven out from before the sons of Israel.

Any form of Idolatry or even having an image or praying to a god was abhorrent to God, intimate immorality was also a sin, now importing all the filthy intimate practices and combining it with worship was beyond abhorrent, and that is why a broad word 'lewdness, loose conduct, lasciviousness,' etc was often used to group them together.

In the scriptures and especially for xtians anything beyond sex between married heterosexual individuals is a sin.

Now God wants but does not expect everyone to live by the standards he had set, he knows some people 'even in the land of straightforwardness would be crooked'. These are the wicked and he has said his Judgement.

(Jude 7) So too Sod′om and Go‧mor′rah and the cities about them, after they in the same manner as the foregoing ones had committed fornication excessively and gone out after flesh for unnatural use, are placed before [us] as a [warning] example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire.

(Leviticus 18:22) 22 “‘And you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.

(Romans 1:26) That is why God gave them up to disgraceful intimate appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature;

Just curious, but how is it that you know for sure that they would have just sent their representatives to Lot and conducted the affair in a diplomatic manner, and not the frenzied mob we read about? Though it could be possible, I don't believe that especially with the heightened secuarity levels that loomed over the cities much like that of September 11, 2001. In as much as I appreciate your comment on this subject matter, the fact still REMAINS that many of those who preach this belief OFTEN and purposely OVERLOOK key points. In many cases because this information is overlook and not even considered, many chose to continue disregarding it. If Lot's wealthy was truly insignifigant I wouldn't have pointed it out and made references to it given the nature which women were treated at that time. I doesn't indicate what it is that you say is implied. Sadly, much like many parts of the wold, women were regarded as property and nothing more. Though the use of these women in a sëxual manner might have crossed the minds of the men, that is not a direct indication that the intent was purely of a sëxual nature.

The story of Sodom and Gomorrah has been used by people to condemn gays and lesbians. The argument used by them is that God destroyed these cities because the people of these cities were gays and lesbians. Within Genesis 19:1-3, there are several major holes in the theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of homosexuality. First, the idea that "all" the men of Sodom were gay is ridiculous. For one thing, Lot's daughters were pledged to be married to men of Sodom. Second, if I may ask, if all the men were homosexuals, why did Lot offer his daughters to appease them? What good would it do to offer a gay man a woman to have sëx with? Finally, these people threatened Lot. If he didn't comply with their wishes they said they would do WORSE to him that to the two visitors. They were also trying to force the door down. They were obviously violent and they were trying to get at two unwilling guests. Whenever you mix sëx with violence against an unwilling person you do not have homosexuality, you have RAPË!

There is another story in the Bible in which the same thing happened:

Judges 19:13-27
"He added, "Come, let's try to reach Gibeah or Ramah and spend the night in one of those places." So they went on, and the sun set as they neared Gibeah in Benjamin. There they stopped to spend the night. They went and sat in the city square, but no one took them into his home for the night. That evening an old man from the hill country of Ephraim, who was living in Gibeah [the men of the place were Benjamites], came in from his work in the fields. When he looked and saw the traveler in the city square, the old man asked, "Where are you going? Where did you come from?" He answered, "We are on our way from Bethlehem in Judah to a remote area in the hill country of Ephraim where I live. I have been to Bethlehem in Judah and now I am going to the house of the LORD. No one has taken me into his house. We have both straw and fodder for our donkeys and bread and wine for ourselves your servants--me, your maidservant, and the young man with us. We don't need anything." "You are welcome at my house," the old man said. "Let me supply whatever you need. Only don't spend the night in the square." So he took him into his house and fed his donkeys. After they had washed their feet, they had something to eat and drink. While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him." The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don't be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don't do this disgraceful thing. Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don't do such a disgraceful thing." But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold." [New International Version]

Notice the similarity in the stories? Now compare Genesis 19:4,5 with Judges 19:22

Genesis 19:4,5
"Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-- both young and old-- surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sëx with them."

Judges 19:22
"While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him."

In the account in Judges the wicked men were appeased with the female concubine. This proves they were not homosexuals. They were after sëx for power or rapë. If you read further you'll learn that the tribe of Benjamin was almost totally destroyed because of this incident. Neither the tribe of Benjamin nor the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were punished because of homosexuality. Both of these accounts clearly describe rapë. What the men of Sodom were going to do to the angels in Genesis was what the men of Gibeah did to the traveler's concubine in Judges.

Why were Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? What were the grievous sins that God judged them worthy of such destruction? What was the great outcry God was referring to in Genesis chapter 18? We don't need to wonder. The Bible tells us exactly why these cities were destroyed.

Ezekiel 16:48-50
"As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, your sister Sodom and her daughters never did what you and your daughters have done. "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."[New International Version]

Ezekiel Chapter 16 is an allegory God used to compare unfaithful Jerusalem to an adulterous wife for committing religious adultery. As you can see God listed the sins of Sodom. No homosexuality is listed there. Those detestable or abominable acts mentioned refereed to the religious rituals popular in that time. We will cover these in the section on false gods.

Deuteronomy 29:22-26
"Your children who follow you in later generations and foreigners who come from distant lands will see the calamities that have fallen on the land and the diseases with which the LORD has afflicted it. The whole land will be a burning waste of salt and sulfur-- nothing planted, nothing sprouting, no vegetation growing on it. It will be like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, which the LORD overthrew in fierce anger.

All the nations will ask: "Why has the LORD done this to this land? Why this fierce, burning anger?" And the answer will be: "It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the LORD, the God of their fathers, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt. They went off and worshiped other gods and bowed down to them, gods they did not know, gods he had not given them.
" [New International Version]

Moses was about to die and he predicted the scattering of Israel and the destruction of the land like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. This destruction of Israel was not prophesied because of homosexuality but because of religious infidelity. This is quite in line with the context of the entire Bible. Of course God promises their restoration in Deuteronomy chapter 30. This complete restoration is about to happen in the end times, but that is another study.

Amos 4:11
"I overthrew some of you as I overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. You were like a burning stick snatched from the fire, yet you have not returned to me," declares the LORD. [New International Version]

If you read the book of Amos you find that God promises to overthrow Israel as He overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah for three things: turning away from God which is religious unfaithfulness, being evil to the poor and living selfishly. Homosexuality is not even addressed.

Jeremiah 23:13,14
"Among the prophets of Samaria I saw this repulsive thing: They prophesied by Baal and led my people Israel astray. And among the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen something horrible: They commit adultery and live a lie. They strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns from his wickedness. They are all like Sodom to me; the people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah." [New International Version]

Here is yet another comparison of the promised judgment of Israel to the judgment of Sodom and Gomorrah. Once again the theme is religious unfaithfulness, not homosexuality.

Matthew 10:11-15
"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. [New International Version]

Here, Jesus Christ compares the sin of Sodom to the sin of faithlessness in people who reject the Gospel and inhospitality.

Matthew 11:20-24
"Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. "Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you." [New International Version]

Here the Lord again makes reference to Sodom's destruction as he talks about unrepentant cities that refuse to believe in him or his miracles. This is about religious unfaithfulness and unbelief, not homosexuality.

If you don't know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, you can know him right now. Don't be guilty of not believing in Him. Here is what Jesus himself said:

John 3:16-18
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." [New International Version]

Notice that Jesus said WHOEVER believes in him shall have eternal life? The condemnation is reserved for WHOEVER does not believe in Him. He made no mention of homosexuals in this passage.

If you recognize that you are a sinner and need Jesus to be the Lord of your life then it is a very simple process. Ask God to forgive you of whatever has separated you from Him. That is what sin is. When you ask Him that he will forgive you:

I John 1:9-10
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. [New International Version]

According to Romans 10:9,10 all you have to do is:
". . . confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." [New International Version]
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2012
@inked_nerd, I just want to put some straight questions to you, and I would be glad if you can answer them, they would help clarify all this long arguments, 1) are you a christian? 2) is being gay(homosexuality in any form) a sin or not? 3)Do you think it is normal for anybody to be gay? 4)if being gay was normal don't you think God would have created Adam and Adolph or Eve and Rebecca? 5)Don't you think that no matter the arguments we put up what is wrong is wrong, and the arguments can't change dat(at least biblically), Thanks, I would be glad to know your answers,
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2012
@Brills Doogan, God bless you so much for that write up of yours. I couldn't have said it better.
@Inked_Nerd. My dear, I never forced you in anyway to join my religion nor take up my beliefs. After reading your replies, you kinda reminded me of a few things I read a long time ago in a book about human psychology. Human beings naturally and instinctively will always try to rationalize their actions even when they know deep in their hearts that it's wrong, hence the saying "whatever helps you sleep at night". Over time, one keeps telling him/herself the same lie that it eventually becomes the truth to him/her. From your replies, I could pick up a few things, 1. We both have very different meaning of what or who a christian is. 2. It's good you said yourself that you know the word of God, I'd love to see you rationalize this portions of the bible (actually, am betting you should) 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:21-27, let me not include the ones from the old testament cos you'll probably tell me we are no longer under the law or something like that. Someone mentioned here that one day, beastiality would be ok to people and he's quite right, you know? You said it yourself. Back in the 80's, people where more homophobic than they were now. What made them change? It sure wasn't the fact that they saw the errors of their ways nor because homosexuality became nautural/ok overnight. It's because, the world got used to it, and less people continued to speak out against it. Their small voices got drowned in a sea of voices that are pro-homosexuality. The same way a lot of the people around detest beastiality today, give it time and you'll see that people will suddenly start being pro-beastiality even going as far as to get married to animals in church.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by UyiIredia(m): 1:58am On Feb 18, 2012
One wonders why lesbianism is okay & necrophilia is considered disgusting. When I look at these acts, I consider the moral sphere in its totality & I'm of the opinion that: the wrongness or rightness of an action is a subjective value, which is objective for 2 reasons: moral values exist & it helps determine the way society is structured. To that extent there will always be a clear case of double standards to every moral question. One can only tread the path of tolerance. I fear that that is too narrow a path for many & too wide a path for a few.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by UyiIredia(m): 2:23am On Feb 18, 2012
@ Inked Nerd: Why is Homosexuality good ? Be very cautious in presenting your answer.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2012
@Uyi Iredia, I love your analogy with necrophilia. That was my first thought but figured I should go with beastiality is it's already gaining lots of proponents.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2012
Op make u carry her to pastor chris oyakilome for deliverance and if dat one no work make u take her to TB joshua church and if dat one no still work dem make u take her to white and white church and omo if dat one no still work dem i fit connect u with one strong native doctor.there is nothin wey dis native doctor no fit do sad
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by rabzy: 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
@Inked_Nerd

When a well-known figure, a Chieftain, a local Hero (Abraham's cousin), has some visitors and you want to ascertain if they were spies, The reasonable cause of action is either the King sends representatives to find out who they are and ascertain their intentions or he sends soldiers to arrest the spies (case of Rahab). You don't just gang up as a mob to 'know' their mission.

Also, they were not in a state of war, the threat from the enemies has been destroyed by Abraham. The enemies were soundly beaten. Abraham who won the war for Sodom and Gomorrah because of his nephew Lot was still dwelling in Tents and there was no state of emergency there, so how can there be a state of emergency in a walled city. The enemies of Sodom would have to take out Abraham first before going after Sodom.

If the men of Sodom were just interested in knowing who these men are, if they were scared that these could be enemy spies, why would Lot be offering his daughters to them? Would giving his daughters satisfy the information they seek to find. His offering them clearly shows it was for a se.xual purpose they came.

Am not saying all the men in Sodom were homos.exuals, but the city was known and infamous for debasing se.xual acts which includes homosexuality. There was no 5000 years old conspiracy to label them such. It was not today they became known for such.

If you read about what led to the split between Abraham and Lot, you would know that it was because Lot has grown so wealthy that he became a competitor with Abraham and the land and grazing resources available could no longer serve both of them. And there is no indication that he lost his wealth in the Bible. So offering them up for money is just totally skewed.

The people of Canaan were very Immoral and indulged in loose conduct to an excess. They engaged in such wantonness that God decreed that he would destroy them but he told Abraham that their error has not come to completion, so he gave a grace period of about 400 years.

(Genesis 15:16) 16 But in the fourth generation they will return here, because the error of the Am′or‧ites (a term used for canaanites too) has not yet come to completion.”

But the people of sodom and g.omorrah were so debased that God decreed their destruction immediately, there was no waiting period for them, they have exhausted God's patience, the scriptures said the cry of complaints against them have become so much its unbearable. He then sent representatives to find out if it was so. If it was not so the angels would report back to God and if there were just 10 righteous people in that city, God said he would spare them.

So what was the situation the angels met, if it was just people afraid and curious to know what their mission was, is that enough to destroy the city by fire? a judgement unprecedented before then. No, the angels met a raving mad, frenzied crowd, wanting to rape them and threatening to destroy a righteous Lot, whose stay among them has made it possible for them to still have a city to their name. Of course it was RAPE as you said but the fact that they were excited and got HIGH because they saw Visiting Men, makes it worse. It shows their depth of depravity.

Immediately the judgement was total annihilation and Lot was not even to look back while he is fleeing. So that city was entrenched in all filthiness, i would not put anything beyond them.

Please you can check up what archaeologists find out about the canaanites, with respect to sexual orgies and other illicit an wantonness (phallic symbols etc). If these canaanites were better than the sodomites, that would put into perspective what kind of people the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were. They were as bad as any city can ever get, they were the worst of the worst.  

That is why they became a proverbial saying, a symbol for any thing bad because they have seen it all and done it all.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Excelboi(m): 12:32am On Feb 19, 2012
Watz wrong with you guyz with all dis lenghty and meaningless writeup? I see some gays and lesbian mofos have taken over the thread,give simple advise and move to d next! #noapologywhatsoever
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Ranoscky(m): 2:30am On Feb 19, 2012
Make she dey invite her lesbo frens dey com my hauz, make i dey combo dem togeda. What a jolloful feelin.
Re: How Can I Convince Her That Lesbianism Is Wrong? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
Our attitude towards life, shouldn't be doing what feels right but doing what is right with the fear of God. Once we live by this, we'll avoid giving ourselves unnecessary headache

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Goodlooking Men Marry Ugly Women / Nigerian Guy Sleeps With His Friend’s Girlfriend Then Shares The Photos / Picture Of The Finest Boy In The Party I Attended Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.