Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike (12171 Views)

Uwazuruike Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Boss / Chief Ralph Uwazuruike Housing Quarters For Ex Biafran Soldiers... Pictures / Immediately Ndigbo To Go Into Violence, Nigeria Is Finished: Ralph Uwazuruike! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by abuc: 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
How much has the struggle for the actualisation of a sovereign Biafran state cost you?

It is unquantifiable. A lot of my members have been killed by paid security agents. My liberty has, at various times, been assaulted with impunity by the powers that be. So much money has been invested in the struggle to date. We have suffered casualties even when we adopted an approach that is non-violent to bring down the number of casualties. But Nigeria, being what it is, with overzealous security operatives, keeps killing my members without provocation.

Are you regretting adopting non-violence?

No way. I studied the non-violent approach of Mahatma Ghandi in India before I came back to Nigeria. Also, having worked under Dim Odumegwu-Ojukwu, who also encouraged non-violence, I had to take that option. But having used that method and the response the other agitators used and they are listened to and are begged for negotiation, you tend to regret the adoption of non-violence when violence is the only language the Nigerian state listens to quickly. Talking about the Boko-Haram, despite the callous and senseless killing of innocent people, especially the Ndigbo, the federal government is on its knees begging them and they are rebuffing all entreaties and they still go about killing. Nonetheless, non-violence remains the best approach. I have no regrets.

Critics view you as a tribalist. What is reaction to that?

Honestly, I am a tribalist and proud to be one. I have no apologies. I am fighting for the welfare of Ndigbo and that is paramount. This is because no ethnic group in Nigeria has suffered what the Ndigbo have been going through in this country. If what is happening to Ndigbo had happened to another ethnic group, I would have supported them. When the Late Chief M.K O. Abiola was denied his mandate after winning a free and fair election in 1993, I supported the struggle to actualise his mandate. I was against the cabal that robbed him of his mandate. At that time, people insinuated that I was behaving as if I was a Yoruba man. I didn’t care. I had to stand for principles and justice.

After a civil war that caused so much misery and kept Nigeria one, do you think it is wise to return to the pre-civil war situation by demanding a separate state?

I am not interested in whether the war was fought to keep Nigeria one. That is not my business. I am interested in actualising the Biafran dream for my people. The issue is that until Nigeria is split into different geo-political zones, there will not be peace. What is happening in Nigeria will continue to happen until my people and other major ethnic groups are granted independence. Until what happened in Yugoslavia or Soviet Union happens in Nigeria, peace will continue to elude us. This is because, from the outset, we were never one. The circumstances that led to the civil war are still in place. This is because of the incompatibility between the components of the so-called Nigerian state. It is a marriage of inconvenience. The components that make up Nigeria before it was amalgamated by Lord Lugard are just pretending to be united. I am a realist. I don’t deceive myself. I am not a politician and so do not aspire to become president. I don’t even belong to any political party. Those who vow or insist that we must remain one Nigeria are those who have been reaping pecuniary benefits from the contraption called Nigeria. They know that ‘One Nigeria’ is not feasible. For instance, when the North knows that it cannot stand alone on account of its lean resources, it continues to insist on the unity of Nigeria. In whose interest?

General Ibrahim Babangida recently said the the country’s oneness is a settled matter and that he is ready, at 71, to go to war with anybody who wants it divided. What is your reaction to this?

He said what he is expected to say. By the way, who fought the war and who fought for one Nigeria? [b]He is not sincere by saying Nigeria must remain as one. Let him address the issue of Boko Haram. Is it not from the North? What is he saying about it? Let him solve the problem of Boko Haram. What is Boko Haram asking for? Are they not saying they want 12 states in the North Islamised? They are fighting for self determination and their own sovereign state. In a country where you have Christians and Muslims, a group is callously killing Christians, targeting them on Christmas day and killing them because you don’t want Christians in your Islamic state. Their places of worship are, on a daily basis, burnt. Majority of those being slaughtered are southerners and Igbo. And IBB is saying we must remain one? At 71, is IBB going to carry guns and fight? Will he join the army now as a combat soldier or what? I think he is just talking for the sake of talking. I don’t think he is making sense at all. Do you know all the problems of today are caused by this set of rulers and leaders? I mean the IBBs and the Buharis of this world. They are the problems plaguing Nigeria today. They are involved in corruption, ethnicity and anything that tends to shake Nigeria to its foundation.[/b] Babangida ruled the country for nine wasted years and yet, he wanted to come back to power. One of them said if he did not become the president of Nigeria, the country would not know peace. What are we witnessing today? Has there been peace? How does he think Nigeria will be one? They want one Nigeria for their selfish interest.

They want to rule and rule and continue to appropriate the wealth of Nigeria, exploit the oil for themselves and for their children. Nigeria was far better when the British were in power. Immediately Nigerians took over, corruption and other vices crept in. Who are the people sponsoring Boko Haram? Are they not the same people? They boasted that if power was not given to them, there will be no peace. They lost in the power game and there has not been peace in the country. They are causing separation and insecurity and yet say Nigeria must be one. How can Nigeria be one? They should be realistic and objective. IBB or no IBB, we are not goats they can lead. I started reading about IBB and Buhari in my teens, but today, they want to remain in power. I just learnt that Buhari said he will contest the presidency again.

That is exactly why they want one Nigeria, a place where they can build their own colony. They claim that the North was born to rule in perpetuity. They should go and rule their own people because whenever power slips out of their hands there is crisis. They want us to remain amalgamated to continue on this uncivilised path. We will not accept it. Nigeria must split. Nigeria’s unity at whose expense? I am still sending vehicles to convey our stranded Igbo brothers and their families back home. I know how many people we went to bury the other day–12 persons from one village! How many people died in Minna? They were all Igbo. Were they killed because of one Nigeria? Before they were killed, they were asked to go home. He should go settle the Boko-Haram issue first before telling us about one Nigeria. They have to be practical, realistic and objective. One Nigeria is nothing but a huge lie.

There are fresh and loud calls for a Sovereign National Conference. What do you make of such?

I am not interested in any Sovereign National Conference because the representation will be manipulated. Those who will attend will be the likes of IBB, Buhari, the Emirs and others who have turned Nigeria upside down. The same people will manipulate the process to ensure that the country remains the same way so that they will be richer than the country. Today they own companies without explaining how they came about the wealth that yielded those companies. After such a manipulated conference, they will lie to the whole world that we have agreed to remain one. Hardliners will be excluded from the conference. The only condition under which I will attend any Sovereign National Conference is if the only agenda is self-determination. But if SNC is called and it is being asked if Nigeria should be divided or not, it will be utter rubbish. I won’t attend.

It is not only Boko-Haram that has affected the Ndigbo. The killing of Ndigbo in the North started way back in 1945. Even when two traditional rulers quarrel in the North, the Igbo are killed. When Qu’ran is allegedly desecrated, in places like far away Denmark, the Igbo are killed in the North. When Mr. Salman Rushdie wrote The Satanic Verses, the Igbo were killed and their shops, homes and places of worship burnt. It has been taken as a normal thing for the Igbo to be killed in the North at the slightest provocation. [/b]Yet, someone is saying we are one and we must remain so at the expense of the Igbo and because of crude oil. It is their tradition to kill our people. This is made possible because they cannot move to other parts of country, like the Ndigbo, and do business or invest. [b]The Igbo are killed by the people funded by the same northern leaders who insist that we must remain one. The leader of Boko Haram, who bombed and killed over 40 Christians and maimed many others on Christmas day, was caught in a governor’s lodge in the North and was set free by a commissioner of police from the North and they say we are one. That is the same country where someone is saying we are indivisible, whereas he is one of those funding Boko Haram. [size=16pt]It is nonsense! He should wait. When he sees a war, he will run away. At the age of 71, he says he is ready to fight. Let him come and fight; we are ready for him. Let us bury our leader, Dim Ojukwu, and we will come out and fight. In Nigeria, it is only the Igbo who have fought the whole of Nigeria made up of the Hausa, Yoruba and the Niger Delta. Britain, Russia and the Arab world teamed up against us. We fought for three solid years. So, nobody can talk about fighting when foreigners fought the war for you. Let them wait. This time, they will see real war. We are not like the Boko-Haram who detonate bombs and run away. When we start, the whole world will know. The war will be in the North and we shall fight them there. We will take the war to their doorsteps. When they come out, they will see us and they will run. The boasting 71-year-old will see us and we will settle the matter on the battlefield. Nonsense![/size]

Nigeria has been described as a huge bomb ready to explode. Do you agree?

The bomb has exploded already. The same thing that is happening now happened in 1966, when the superpowers supported Nigeria because of oil. Today, they are regretting. If they knew that what is happening today would happen, they would not have supported Nigeria. The Boko Haram bombed the United Nations building in Abuja. When you are supporting evil, it is like throwing a stone in the market place. You don’t know who it will hit. That is what is happening. The people that died in the UN building were not only Ndigbo. Foreigners were there. Nigeria has exploded, but the full ramification is what we don’t yet know. Nigeria is a problem to everybody. [size=16pt]You keep killing a people from a particular tribe for no other reason than envy. That we have kept quiet does not mean that we cannot do anything. When you talk about bombs and weapons of war, we produce them. We have that talent from God. No ethnic group has a monopoly of violence. We manufactured Ogbunigwe without assistance from any foreign power. Today, we have advanced in technology. We can use an ordinary handset to manufacture Ogbunigwe. When we start, they will all run. [/size]H[size=16pt]ope you remember kidnapping started in the Niger Delta. But when it came to Igboland, it took a different dimension. Boko Haram throws bombs and runs away. When we start, we will be launching them, like missiles, straight at their doorsteps. They will be forced to run and then complain later that Ndigbo have started again[/size]. Today, nobody is talking. Their leaders in the North are not talking; the President is not talking. Yet, one person is threatening that he will go to war to keep Nigeria one. They are hiding killers and bombers in government lodges. When arrested, they release them from detention. But by the time we start, they will all run away. Just wait and see. Did you notice that Ndigbo have not raised a finger against our killers? Do they have a monopoly of violence?

Chief, you are sounding very angry…

Why won’t I be angry? I am angry. The other day I buried 12 corpses from one village. People who were killed out of hatred and because of the belief that nobody will say anything. [/b]The tales we have been receiving are so painful. People go from house to house, killing people, especially the Igbo, and nobody takes note of that. They are locked up in their houses and cannot come out for fear of being killed. The federal government has failed. You expect me to be happy when my people are being killed? It is when we start that the federal government will start talking. UN only commented when its building was bombed. They are not condemning the wanton killing of the Igbo. It is when we start they will start sending jet bombers to kill us. They only condemn Boko Haram verbally without any action against them.

[b]Have the governors in the South-East assisted you in resettling the returnees?

You should ask the governors. We, the Igbo Elders Forum, are doing our best for them. Most of the governors even have dual identity. If you are talking to them, you may be talking Igbo-Minna or Igbo-Yoruba, anointed from Otta and now from Otuoke. They won’t listen to us because they too want to take care of their political interests. They are asking our people to remain in the North. Perhaps they have concluded arrangement with northerners to continue killing our people. The governors of the East were not elected by the people so they don’t represent the interest of the people. They are killing your people on a daily basis and you still ask them to remain because someone has promised you an Igbo presidency that will never be. Obasanjo promised all of the governors of the South-East. At the end of the day, none of them got it. The round of promises has started again. This time, Jonathan is doing the promising. On the strength of the promises, Igbos should remain in the North and be slaughtered. At the end of the day, they won’t get it. It is the Igbo Elders Forum, of which I am a member, that is resettling the refugees the best way we can.

How do the returnees feel about Nigeria?

Predictably, they are unhappy. We advised them to invest their resources in Igboland, but they ignored the advice. Someone who built skyscrapers in the North cannot be in his right senses if he does not have such in the South-East or his village? How can you do that when you are so hated and at the end of the day the buildings will become abandoned property? It has happened before and it will happen again. We continue to tell them to come home and invest, but they ignore us.

Don’t you think you have to reach out to other ethnic nationalities to achieve your aim of a sovereign Biafran state?

Which ethnic group? Is it the Yoruba who betrayed us before? They will do it again. When we start our fight for self-determination, they will align with the North. Niger Delta will be afraid that we will dominate them because of our size and their oil. So who shall we align with?

When Boko Haram asked people from the South and Christians to leave, who were their main targets? Yorubas are also killed. But Igbos are always in greater numbers. This is because anywhere in Nigeria, aside from the owners of the land, the next largest ethnic group are the Igbo. The poor leadership in the East makes their homeland hostile to commerce and investment. The Yoruba supported one Nigeria. If there is a war today, the Yoruba will join the North to fight us because of this natural hatred for the Ndigbo. They have done it before and will do it again. Though northerners don’t like them, they still prefer them to the Ndigbo. We learnt that after Boko Haram asked southerners to leave the North, Niger Delta people started having secret meetings with the Yoruba at Awolowo Hall. The Igbo were not invited. That shows that if there is real war today, they would align with our foes.

Is the solution to the problem a confederacy or for the country to split into many countries?

I don’t support the North becoming a republic and the South doing same. Yorubas should be on their own, Ndigbo on their own and Niger Delta people should be on their own. As a matter of fact, each of the six geo-political zones should become a republic. The Niger Delta people will be afraid that the Igbo will dominate them because of their oil wealth and so they should be allowed to be a republic. If I hate domination and oppression, I should not dominate others. If the North wants a republic, it can have it or split into three geo-political zones. Each zone has the resources to keep it buoyant. This will also bring about healthy completion for development. The insistence that Nigeria must remain one is in the interest of the Caliphate and those stealing the resources in the evil arrangement called Nigeria. If there are no special selfish benefits they get, why are some people who have ruled this country for many years dying to come back to govern again? Is Nigeria their personal estate? The people of the North arrogantly threaten everybody that they are born to rule Nigeria forever and if they don’t, Nigeria will not know peace. What have we got since then? A non-Muslim southerner is in power today. Have we known peace since then? Who created Boko Haram? It is a tool of political bargaining by those who lost out in the power game. Let us not deceive ourselves. This is a country where some people who claim they love Nigeria could turn a blind eye to the killing of innocent youth corps members and future breadwinners of their families because they helped conduct elections. Do you realise the magnitude of hatred a man must feel to drive a bomb-laden car into a gathering of people or densely populated areas? They want a pure Islamic republic in their areas. Let them have it. But they should also allow others go their separate ways. You cannot be killing my people and at the same time say we must remain one united country. When Abiola won, they denied him power and so many people died. So it is only when you are in power that there would be peace? If you are not there, you create Boko Haram. Go to the North, an average northerner is very poor. Wealth is in the hands of the ruling class. We know the reality of Nigeria, but we pretend that it is not so. Nigeria must break into the six geo-political zones for there to be peace.

http://thenewsafrica.com/2012/02/13/igbo-will-go-to-war

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Tyche(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2012
Summary please.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2012
What this man has said is the plain truth. Anyone one who disagrees, pretends or ridicules it has a flawed agenda. Let's call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by T8ksy(m): 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2012
The war will be in the North and we shall fight them there. We will take the war to their doorsteps.

Good!!!I guess some of you ibos have learnt a thing or two from the last war.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by namfav(m): 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
hahahhahaha is he crazy, he'll be the first to run to abidjan in a mini skirt when his people are getting massacred like chicken
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Afam4eva(m): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
This man understands Nigeria. Anybody that disagrees with his assertion is only deceiving himself.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by namfav(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^ obviously we cant wait until ibos start attacking are homes, can we start the war so we can fniish it already, after all, we are the hosts, what do you say?

p.s: for people who claim to be educated, you still have not learnt anything, this time if we have a war you and your people will be moved to cameroon permanently
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by bittyend(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2012
hahahhahaha is he crazy, he'll be the first to run to abidjan in a mini skirt when his people are getting massacred like chicken

Grown folks are talking - stick to getting intimate with your cows, barbaric fulani clown,

Back to the topic, I'm glad Igbos have learnt their lessons - the war should be taken to the hausa/Fulani doorstep.

The whole of Nigeria should teach them a lesson they will never forget - capture all their emirs and leaders - and give them the Gaddafi or Samuel Doe treatment.

I I can't stand those barbaric people,
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by htajz: 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2012
namfav:

^^^ obviously we cant wait until ibos start attacking are homes, can we start the war so we can fniish it already, after all, we are the hosts, what do you say?

p.s: for people who claim to be educated, you still have not learnt anything, this time if we have a war you and your people will be moved to cameroon permanently
be carefull what you wish for, the north is already hell zone ,if it sees any war it may never recover from it. your northern leaders are callous and selfish they are the reason nigeria is messed up and your people are dying of poverty ,why would ibb make such a statement in the first place?
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Onlytruth(m): 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
I have some problem with some of his pronouncements. I am a very practical man too. He came off as if the SE will fight the whole of Nigeria. To me that WILL NEVER HAPPEN because it is a strategic disaster. sad

I find a strong conflict in his assertion that Igbo will take the fight to the North, with his call for Igbo to return home to the East. There is NO WAY to reconcile or achieve BOTH.
This is why I lamented here (Nairaland) that Igbo should never leave the North on any account. Our presence (and readiness to fight) in ALL parts of Nigeria is a form of deterrence and strategic positioning. So, when you ask folks to return to Igboland, and then threaten to fight in the North, pray how can you do that?

I really hate questioning people who should be leading me, but on this issue, I have no choice.  sad

Uwazuruike and MASSOB should first deter the killings of their members in Igboland, and do so effectively, before he starts talking about war and fighting in the North.
He should know better.

Some of us are determined NEVER to repeat the mistakes of 1967, and that is a solemn vow.
I already see a repeat of that mistake in some of his utterances here.

If he Uwazuruike will lead Ndigbo in this struggle, he must undertake a course in strategic planning and thinking.  cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Rhino5dm: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
Take the war to the north when out of every 3 soldiers you see in south east zone 2 are northerners? I laugh in Abidjan grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by DuduNegro: 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
In Nigeria, it is only the Igbo who have fought the whole of Nigeria made up of the Hausa, Yoruba and the Niger Delta. Britain, Russia and the Arab world teamed up against us. We fought for three solid years. So, nobody can talk about fighting when foreigners fought the war for you. Let them wait. This time, they will see real war. We are not like the Boko-Haram who detonate bombs and run away. When we start, the whole world will know.

I can't stand Igbos with their stupidity. . . always putting the cart before the horse!  Looking at the above statement, people will get uneasy and start nursing the idea of taking the war to Ndigbo before Ndigbo bring them a war.  Why should Yoruba wait for you to rise against us when we can get it started right now and rise against you?   What a stupid Uwazurike!!  

Ndigbo STOP making statements that unsettle people!
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by ak47mann(m): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
WORD MY leader cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by namfav(m): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
no, becareful what YOU wish for, we know how the ibos in the north dread at the hearing of boko haram, you send buses for thousands because of a few rag tags and you want to take up against all northerners, dont be stupid if you dont want to end up in cameroon

htajz:

be carefull what you wish for, the north is already hell zone ,if it sees any war it may never recover from it. your northern leaders are callous and selfish they are the reason nigeria is messed up and your people are dying of poverty ,why would ibb make such a statement in the first place?
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Onlytruth(m): 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I can't stand Igbos with their stupidity. . . always putting the cart before the horse!  Looking at the above statement, people will get uneasy and start nursing the idea of taking the war to Ndigbo before Ndigbo bring them a war.  Why should Yoruba wait for you to rise against us when we can get it started right now and rise against you?   What a silly Uwazurike!!  

Ndigbo STOP making statements that unsettle people!  

There are more of us than the Uwazuruike types in Igboland.
His methods will never be implemented by us. History is there to guide us. We will not fight the whole world. cool
Everybody calm down. wink
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by 9javoice1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
the total population of the northern soldiers is quite noted by us
and we know where and how to deal with them. but my point is that we dont need somebody like uwazuruike as a leader. his speech here speaks volume of mistakes he is vonurable of. we need a strategic leader who acts more than he talks. in another thought, what he says is also strategic in nature "make your enemy feel you are alone and stupid"
the rest is  ,
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Onlytruth(m): 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2012
9ja voice:

the total population of the northern soldiers is quite noted by us
and we know where and how to deal with them. but my point is that we dont need somebody like uwazuruike as a leader. his speech here speaks volume of mistakes he is vonurable of. we need a strategic leader who acts more than he talks. in another thought, what he says is also strategic in nature "make your enemy feel you are alone and silly"
the rest is  ,

I hope you are right my brother. I hope he is actually thinking like that; BUT our history is there to guide us. Some spoke like him in 1967 and we know how it ended.
No need picking fights with groups that are natural allies for instance.

For me, he should start by securing his own members in Igboland first. War is not a tea party, and STRATEGY (not emotions) almost always wins.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by ak47mann(m): 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2012
Can north fight the rest of the country? plus our superior power with direct hit,that will sent you people straight to hell,listen this is not spears and arrow war you monkey malam,this time you will beg Arab countries for help,but they Will distance themselves Cu's they see Hausa/Fulani's as terrorist with links with alshabaab,war with us,is start of your ending

namfav:

no, becareful what YOU wish for, we know how the ibos in the north dread at the hearing of boko haram, you send buses for thousands because of a few rag tags and you want to take up against all northerners, dont be silly if you dont want to end up in cameroon

Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by bittyend(m): 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2012
Someone just need to tame these Hausa/Fulani people and their arrogance
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by DuduNegro: 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
There are more of us than the Uwazuruike types in Igboland.
His methods will never be implemented by us. History is there to guide us. We will not fight the whole world.  
Everybody calm down.

The tongue is an enemy. . . the words it utters are time stamped and their impact is irreversible!   I refuse to believe in your response.  In talk you are different from him but in spirit you all are not hesitant to drape Biafran flag in public.  His statement and the flaunting of Biafran flag in our face has the same message!  

I suggest you tell your leaders to get an immediate protective status from UN in your effort forward to actualizing Biafra.  You know there is going to be a response to this statement from both Yoruba and North.  Yorubas will analyse it but not issue a public statement.  The North is not like us, they will add to the fire and give a more vitriolic statement.   Uwazurike has been posessed by Ojukwu's spirit!  Seriously, I am offended by that statement of bringing war to our doorstep and if I had the access to Uwazurike I will put a fvcking bullet in his gaddem skull.   You are better off without him!!
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by T8ksy(m): 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2012
bittyend:

Someone just need to[b] tame [/b] these Hausa/Fulani people and their arrogance

And who else is capable of actualising this objective except the ibos! grin
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by bittyend(m): 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2012
Seriously, I am offended by that statement of bringing war to our doorstep and if I had the access to Uwazurike I will put a fvcking bullet in his gaddem skull. You are better off without him!!

You quoted him out of context; that statement was direct at IBB and his cohorts in the North. We Southerners needs to fight the North together; and go our separate ways once that has been achieved.

The truth is that Hausa/Fulani elites feel Southerners (Yoruba,Ibo,Ijaw etc, ) as being inferior to them; we need to fight them together, period.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by bittyend(m): 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2012
And who else is capable of actualising this objective except the ibos!
grin I'm yoruba, and I just think it's high time; the Hausa/Fulani tribe are tamed. We may have our heated war of world with the Ibo; but it has never let to bloodletting. But the same can't be said of the Hausa/Fulani.

I don't hate them, I just hate their guts!
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by DuduNegro: 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2012
You quoted him out of context; that statement was direct at IBB and his cohorts in the North. We Southerners needs to fight the North together; and go our separate ways once that has been achieved.

You need to read again. . . maybe you missed some parts. If you hate Hausa/Fulani go after them individually. . .not with the Igbo alliance.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Onlytruth(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

The tongue is an enemy. . . the words it utters are time stamped and their impact is irreversible!   I refuse to believe in your response.  In talk you are different from him but in spirit you all are not hesitant to drape Biafran flag in public.  His statement and the flaunting of Biafran flag in our face has the same message!  

I suggest you tell your leaders to get an immediate protective status from UN in your effort forward to actualizing Biafra.  You know there is going to be a response to this statement from both Yoruba and North.  Yorubas will analyse it but not issue a public statement.  The North is not like us, they will add to the fire and give a more vitriolic statement.   Uwazurike has been posessed by Ojukwu's spirit!  Seriously, I am offended by that statement of bringing war to our doorstep and if I had the access to Uwazurike I will put a fvcking bullet in his gaddem skull.   You are better off without him!!  

My friend I've told you to calm down and stop blowing smoke. No one is intimidated by your rant.

Ojukwu was a more strategic thinker than Uwazuiruike IMHO. Ojukwu never even wanted to secede talk less of a war. That is why he was able to mobilize all sane Igbo to the Biafran cause. That is why he is celebrated today. He obviously made mistakes, some of which led to our loss of the war, but at the end he was still a reluctant fighter.

My position has always been that Igbo should not cede an inch of land anywhere in Nigeria, and stand on that because it is one of the guarantees of a peaceful separation from Nigeria.
What I find almost irresponsible is for Uwazuruike to talk about southern groups who have nothing REALLY (especially militarily) against Ndigbo.
The only problem I see in Nigeria is the Hausa/Fulani "born to rule" mentality which they occassionally enforce violently. I can never lose focus on that fact.
He spoke as if Igbo are at war with everybody else in Nigeria, which is FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

BTW, you would do well to put that bullet in your own damn skull.  cool
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by kokoA(m): 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
Can this attention seeking dude just shut up already?! grin
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by htajz: 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
namfav:

no, becareful what YOU wish for, we know how the ibos in the north dread at the hearing of boko haram, you send buses for thousands because of a few rag tags and you want to take up against all northerners, dont be silly if you dont want to end up in cameroon

i think you misunderstand me, the oil in the niger delta will not be used to fuel your jihad this time around, you will have to use whatever stones and bows you have to face the igbos, keep that in mind , its easy to kill harmless women and children that live among you, everyother coward can do the same thing. so when your northern leaders are bragging about going to war they should better not have the oil in my fatherland in mind to be used to fund it.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Rhino5dm: 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
After the finishing the Hausa/Fulani then what? All of a sudden the Yoruba and Igbos will become brothers keeper?

[size=18pt]Abeg lets just divide the country, through a peaceful means.  [/size]

bittyend:

The truth is that Hausa/Fulani elites feel Southerners (Yoruba,Ibo,Ijaw etc, ) as being inferior to them; we need to fight them together, period.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by DuduNegro: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2012
My friend I've told you to calm down and stop blowing smoke. No one is intimidated by your rant.

Its not offered to intimidate but rather to register my displeasure.  

Ojukwu was a more strategic thinker than Uwazuiruike IMHO. Ojukwu never even wanted to secede talk less of a war. That is why he was able to mobilize all sane Igbo to the Biafran cause. That is why he is celebrated today. He obviously made mistakes, some of which led to our loss of the war, but at the end he was still a reluctant fighter.

My position has always been that Igbo should not cede an inch of land anywhere in Nigeria, and stand on that because it is one of the guarantees of a peaceful separation from Nigeria.
What I find almost irresponsible is for Uwazuruike to talk about southern groups who have nothing REALLY (especially militarily) against Ndigbo.
The only problem I see in Nigeria is the Hausa/Fulani "born to rule" mentality which they occassionally enforce violently. I can never lose focus on that fact.
He spoke as if Igbo are at war with everybody else in Nigeria, which is FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

BTW, you would do well to put that bullet in your own damn skull.

I refuse to believe that Ndigbo is not behind Uwazurike. . . .tell that to stupid minds, you cannot convince me.  The flag of a nation is a political statement. . . particularly if it has history with rebellion.  FI also refuse to believe. . I dont care how much tyou repeat it , that its not against Yoruba.   The same propaganda that you were only going to Lagos for Gowon in 67. . . but yet you already installed a Bifra modeled flag in Bini and marching to Ibadan.  How could you say you were going for Gowon in Lagos but marching to Ibadan?    I could care less about your statements, I look at your action.   Stop draping Biafran flag. . . and then connect with Uwazurike and tell him to offer apology and clarify himself on the above statement.   YFor all I know, you could be Uwazurike!   I will repeat myself. . . I will pop his fvking skull if I get that close to him to do it.
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2012
I'll be more than happy to see Igbos actualise their dream of biafra  kiss kiss let them be aware that they'll need visas to come over to any part of Yorubaland enough of flat headed dudes coming in droves to enjoy the peaceful and friendly atmosphere in our land to grow their biz and procreate like no tomorrow. They can pack themselves like sardines in their landlocked land of the rising shun for all I care  kiss kiss
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by Onlytruth(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
Anyway, this is the point I leave the thread, for now. So here is the summary from my own standing:

Ndigbo are not at war with everybody in Nigeria. We are part of Nigeria and part of Southern Nigeria, and Eastern Nigeria.
We may or may not leave Nigeria, it all depends on how Nigeria treats us.
Since Nigeria is failing because of the Hausa/Fulani "born to rule" mentality, I also believe in Biafra, at least the type that makes sense, not just Biafra for Biafra names sake, and one that is actualizable using sane and REALISTIC strategies. cool

I do agree with Uwazuruike that if ever another war starts in Nigeria, Ndigbo should be ready to fight in ALL PARTS of Nigeria.  cool
I disagree with him that Ndigbo should run home first.  undecided
I also disagree with him that we have issues with any other group in Nigeria other than the groups killing innocent Christians in the North.  undecided

Here I stand!

Signing off,
Yours truly,

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland.  cool cool cool
Re: Igbo Will Go To War-----chief Ralph Uwazuruike by phreakabit(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

I have some problem with some of his pronouncements. I am a very practical man too. He came off as if the SE will fight the whole of Nigeria. To me that WILL NEVER HAPPEN because it is a strategic disaster. sad

I find a strong conflict in his assertion that Igbo will take the fight to the North, with his call for Igbo to return home to the East. There is NO WAY to reconcile or achieve BOTH.
This is why I lamented here (Nairaland) that Igbo should never leave the North on any account. Our presence (and readiness to fight) in ALL parts of Nigeria is a form of deterrence and strategic positioning. So, when you ask folks to return to Igboland, and then threaten to fight in the North, pray how can you do that?

I really hate questioning people who should be leading me, but on this issue, I have no choice.  sad

Uwazuruike and MASSOB should first deter the killings of their members in Igboland, and do so effectively, before he starts talking about war and fighting in the North.
He should know better.

Some of us are determined NEVER to repeat the mistakes of 1967, and that is a solemn vow.
I already see a repeat of that mistake in some of his utterances here.

If he Uwazuruike will lead Ndigbo in this struggle, he must undertake a course in strategic planning and thinking.  cool

[size=18pt]Wisdom simplified ![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Bamako For African-France Summit / Richest Igbo Man Alive Visit Governor Ugwuanyi Of Enugu State. / Oke Umurhohwo: Will Buhari Give Atedo Peterside’s Suggestion Some Thought?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.