Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? (2053 Views)

Why Do People Return Their Ex Pics? / Why Do Women Never Let Go Of Their Ex's / Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 18, 2012
Do you see it as a bad thing or a good thing? And if you found out that your bf/gf/wife/husband was still in contact with their ex, how
would you feel about it?
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by InkedNerd(f): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2012
Allow? Hmmm, I don't know about 'allowing' since I have no control over what my partner may do but I don't think I'd have a problem with it just as long as I'm not being cheated on.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 18, 2012
Finally, somone have gotten over virginity insanity
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Excelboi(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
Stop recycling past thread! If u have ntn to say, just keep mute!@op
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by NerdyPoet(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
Excelboi:

Stop recycling past thread! If u have ntn to say, just keep mute!@op
#Cosign
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by exodusreal(m): 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
good topic.but for me no big deal.well i have gone through your profile and i saw your pix. you look beautiful. i will like to know you.if you do not mind we can speak on 08030651766.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
why not!? undecided
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Killz3(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2012
NO, i wont! And spare me the sanctimonious bullshit about insecurity! Staying in touch with an ex does more harm than good! Yes you can exchange pleasantries when you bump into each other at occasions or randomly, but keeping contacts and exchanging calls is wholly unacceptable to the 100th degree. If you had wanted to keep touch with your Ex, why break up the relationship? You are in a new relationship, so the things of the past one is totally irrelevant. Anyway, these are the seemingly infinitesimal things that i would have to find out before diving into the waters of a relationship. I wont tolerate such bullshit, and if my stance is not ok by you, the exit door to the relationship is that way! kiss kiss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by arrived(m): 3:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
Lailai, i no go gree.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2012
exodusreal:

good topic.but for me no big deal.well i have gone through your profile and i saw your pix. you look beautiful. i will like to know you.if you do not mind we can speak on 08030651766.

LWKMD, if u call that beautiful, then u must be the twin brother and uglier than the guy in this thread tha married a german granny grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-873846.0.html
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by BUSHYANUS(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2012
yes lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by MrsChima1(f): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2012
Mutually Chima and I do not contact our past flames.  I have this friend who i have never dated but is very smitten with me, he doesn't contact me in the present of Chima for obvious reasons.  

I often time ignore the calls/texts because I do not want to hear my husband's fuss.  Hell even the mailman scared to come to the door!  He just throws the mail near the door and run.   grin grin

Seriously.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2012
~Killz~:

NO, i wont! And spare me the sanctimonious bullshit about insecurity! Staying in touch with an ex does more harm than good! Yes you can exchange pleasantries when you bump into each other at occasions or randomly, but keeping contacts and exchanging calls is wholly unacceptable to the 100th degree. If you had wanted to keep touch with your Ex, why break up the relationship? You are in a new relationship, so the things of the past one is totally irrelevant. Anyway, these are the seemingly infinitesimal things that i would have to find out before diving into the waters of a relationship. I wont tolerate such bullshit, and if my stance is not ok by you, the exit door to the relationship is that way! kiss kiss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Good one Sexkillz.

@To people who are offtopic, please stay on topic. I don't need anyone bull sh iit in here. Your attention is notwhat I require here. I need serious and intelligent answers like that of Sexkillz Inker Nerd, and my wifey. If U can't stay on topic, stay the fu  ck out.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by MrsChima1(f): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2012
I wasn't off topic Wifey. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
I don't want no ex around my girlfriend wife is bigger deal. Unless on one condition which is*only if they mistakenly boarded on the same airplane" too bad I still have all my ex's contacts on my hidden AT&T chip. They are just substitutes. I don't even trust my own dickson so how am I suppose to trust my partner's ex? Niggas will always wanna taste the old wine
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2012
*Coincidentally actually*

A lil off topic
Hey Mrs. Chima, please is it really Ok for guys to honor a baby shower invitation? Lol this young couple sent shower invitation to me and we are really close especially me and the bride. . The shower is today actually, and if yes what do u think is ok as a gift? Gift card or. . . .? They're expecting a baby girl.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by IbroSaunks(m): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
unless you are insecure/paranoid, there is nothing overly wrong with it. though it does depend on the type of person the ex is. for example, what if the ex is married too, or is a very intelligent person that you can seek advise from?
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by slimyem: 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2012
No!I wouldn't!
Old flames die hard and when there's constant communication,tendencies of re-igniting are high.
Exes are most times a pain in the arss!
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by MrCork17: 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
***Shouldnt Niaraland females be concentratin on findin a man (am single) on Nairaland instead of worrying over a Ex? *** undecided
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 18, 2012
Your Cork is dead dude. . Get over it. .
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by LordReed(m): 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2012
This is not a topic to generalise on. It requires intelligent evaluation of the people involved. An ex of mine was not to be trusted around her ex's and she proved herself untrustworthy however my SO is not of the same cloth so I have no qualms.

If you can't intelligently (and prayerfully too) evaluate your partner you really aren't ready for a relationship.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 19, 2012
IbroSaunks:

unless you are insecure/paranoid, there is nothing overly wrong with it. though it does depend on the type of person the ex is. for example, what if the ex is married too, or is a very intelligent person that you can seek advise from?
Advice from an ex?

That is a new one. lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by MrsChima1(f): 5:15am On Feb 19, 2012
I will not seek advices regarding my marriage from an ex. WTF.

Seek an intelligent elder of your family if you really want sound advices.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2012
I didn't say marriage advice
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by kaykaybaba(m): 4:16am On Feb 20, 2012
I concur with Sexkillz, an ex is an ex for a reason. Even if your partner's ok with it, don't take the piss. Respect yourself and keep off. Its a small price to pay for everyone's happiness.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by born2boink(m): 9:20am On Feb 20, 2012
Definitely, you are true Liberian girl because a Nigeria girl will never ask this question because it is not a news anymore,if partner don't stay in torch with ex,their is tendency that they may be fucking,now allowing them to stay with each other simply means,allowing them to be sex partner, if someone become an ex, let that be a things of the past, forget am, a bi you and your ex boyfriend still dey see each other?
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Konnektions146(m): 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
rokiatu:

Good one Sexkillz.

@To people who are offtopic, please stay on topic. I don't need anyone bull sh iit in here. Your attention is notwhat I require here. I need serious and intelligent answers like that of Sexkillz Inker Nerd, and my wifey. If U can't stay on topic, stay the fu  ck out.

Thanks. smiley

sexkillz is dead!
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by rudegial: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
keeping in contact with and ex on a neutral or on a bussiness ground is more dangerous than a careless relationship bcz an old flame they say is not hard to rekindle and u may never know the package he or she is wrapping up for u this time. there is definitely no excuse for ppl not to remain in love together. i had given up a long term relationship still bcz of this same reason of keeping in touch with an ex and trying to make her a family friend. peeps open ur eyes n be wise enough to know that anyone still in touch with and ex is still in love with him or her and the chances of them cheating on you is as huge ad 80 percent. not in my life.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by rudegial: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
keeping in contact with and ex on a neutral or on a bussiness ground is more dangerous than a careless relationship bcz an old flame they say is not hard to rekindle and u may never know the package he or she is wrapping up for u this time. there is definitely no excuse for ppl not to remain in love together. i had given up a long term relationship still bcz of this same reason of keeping in touch with an ex and trying to make her a family friend. peeps open ur eyes n be wise enough to know that anyone still in touch with and ex is still in love with him or her and the chances of them cheating on you is as huge ad 80 percent. not in my life.
Re: Will You Allow Your Partner To Stay In Touch With Their Ex? by Freiburger(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
As long as she WILL NOT tolerate any contact with my ex from me. For peace sake why will anyone be in touch with an ex?

(1) (Reply)

What’s Wrong With A Man Moving Into His Wife’s Property? / "Are You Intimidated By A Woman's Beauty?" / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.