Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex (12189 Views)

Guys Always Be Careful!! A Moral Lesson!!! (pictures ) / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly? / Why Do Women Never Let Go Of Their Ex's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by sophy09: 3:24am On Mar 16, 2010
Why is it that when a girl leaves a guy and has moved on with her life, the guy will want to come back. That is when he tells you that he had always loved you. He cannot do without you. I left my ex-bf, I do not have any yet but he thinks I do. I'm more focus now on my career, his friends that see me are always complementing me that I'm looking good and I'm making a success out of my career. He has been calling me ever since telling me that he loves and all. Why does he want me back?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by madlady(f): 3:49am On Mar 16, 2010
@Poster you know that saying "you never know what you've got tell it's gone" lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by sistajay(f): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2010
@ madlady. . . . . you right, and they'll tell ya 'there's no love like our love'.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2010
Baseless generalisation. Why conclude that men "ALWAYS"? Gotta have all men as your exs to be sure of that.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by H2O2: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2010
It's not a "guy thing" sophy. It just stems from missing what they had. Now that it's gone the absence has made the heart grow fonder. Just ignore him or something ehn.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Areaboy2(m): 8:24am On Mar 16, 2010
sophy09:

He has been calling me ever since telling me that he loves and all. Why does he want me back?

B O O T Y C A L L undecided
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by iice(f): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2010
LOL @ topic
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Ben13: 10:27am On Mar 16, 2010
"Old wine tastes great"
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by indie22(f): 11:56am On Mar 16, 2010
For some ex boyfriends, its not because they love you and want you back for keeps, they just want to prove to their shallow selves that "okafor's law" still applies, it's an ego thing,
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by r231(m): 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2010
madlady:

@Poster you know that saying "you never know what you've got tell it's gone" lipsrsealed

true

Area_boy:

B O O T Y C A L L undecided

grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2010
You dated a sissy. real men don't run back, instead u gals run back to us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by niceG: 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
Sophy, the fact that u are looking good and also doing well is enough reason for him to want u back.
His friends will always complement u and will also tell him that he had missed something, so he will keep coming even when he is not genuinely in love.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by sayso: 12:34pm On Mar 16, 2010
Poster this one na big lie,my Ex for 7yrs cannot match my beautiful,succulent wife,infact no woman in this world will match my wife,she is rich in desirable qualities.QED
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by sayso: 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
need I mention,one of my Ex wants to know her and she is a medical doctor
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by lolarde(f): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2010
my sister,na true. when they get to their destination they tend to retrace their footsteps. Ride on. its his loss.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Elprinz(m): 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2010
Ben-10:

"Old wine tastes great"
grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Enockia(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2010
well i think it's cos the new girlfriend mnost times do not measure up
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2010
i can understand a man wanting to get back with his ex for the occasional s.ex,

nothing more,unless he is a demented fellow
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by micpet(m): 1:55pm On Mar 16, 2010
You are rite,because am passing through similar thing NOW.
jus dat i miss her. the way she talks,her look.everything abt her
jus findout dat i still her.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by marocguy(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
Cos they are so in love wit u ryt nw,n soon u r going 2 be an 'ex'. So d love continues anyway
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by spoilt(f): 2:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
When you see the exes sef you'll laugh your head off. Haggard lot! grin
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Eluala(m): 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2010
I think you should give him audience. I do not know the foundation of your relationship in the first place but you have to realise that even though men are supposed to be the 'supermen', most guys are actually the same little boys in big bodies.

I met when my wife when I was a teenager. We were just simple innocent friends and of course no intimacy was involved. So when I grew older, I felt having a wife can't be that easy so I decided to move on, go out there and work hard to find a wife. At least with her out of the way, I will have a clear head. Besides I wanted someone my parents never knew before.

As God would have it, the misadventure led to 2 relationships, which obviously didn't go anywhere. By this time it has been close to 3 years since I took off and having secured a decent job with one of the oil majors, I badly needed someone I could settle down with and guess what, it was like my eyes opened and I then appreciated what I had lost. I have at least seen other things and I could compare very well.

Goodnews is that I went to her with truck load of apologies, gifts, cards etc. Infact, I think I even shed some tears then, you know that kind thing. By God's design, there was no one else (I actually did not how much she was in love with me and I guess if she had told me then, my useless African man bias would probably has damaged things further) and she was still missing me.

The rest is history as we've been married for --- going to 6 years now and with 2 lovely kids, ours is a model of a marriage relationship.

Bottomline, give him audience and if you are in love with him, please let him know too. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by benz190: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2010
I dont miss none of my mine ex

infact one called me this morning wanting 2 check on me

what for i dont know

rubbish~
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Ninapha(f): 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2010
@poster,

Most times, memories and incedences in the new relationship.

It is normal to disagree on certain issues while in a relationship which could bring seperation.Now u are not in a new relationship and u are not married yet so for now its mere seperation untill you start a new relationship.

Most times if relationships break-up reputably, I mean without betrayals or criminal implications, both parties go ahead to learn on plain grounds and may find out their wrongs and make up.

But I tell you most times, guys try to make u believe their "we have done it before and we can do it again sweet talks" sometimes they are not real.

My cousin's ex after getting married to another lady was singing "i love you till i die song, not even my wife can stop it, i will keep u and she told the man well, i think the best thing for them to elope and the man never called again showing he loves his wife and was only trying to have her for fun.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by HARDDON: 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2010
wat is left in the well to be drilled again? reall men dont do no go backs! real men , make sure dey drill the hole so wide open that any thot of goin back gets em sick!!!!

u drill a well, and u pass it on so that others can pick the crumbs hangin on dem walls, Lyf is a b i t c h, women r ??heavens knws wor!
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by kpozite(m): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
it's not always true but it only happens when she walks out on the guy which I is rare grin
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Pip(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
Straight up Booty Call. One thing miss about my is the BJ she gave. She was the best at. It was the only thing she good at besides nagging. Besides that, nothing to miss. So, I know when ever I call her is an attempt to get the BJ. But I know it wouldn't come easy. She would want more than that, and start bitching me again, same ol'rat race. Just a fantasy though of doing it again. Wouldn't want to go through that torment of a relationship again.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by slap1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2010
Methinks it's more like "lust after", not luv.
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2010
sista-jay:

@ madlady. . . . . you right, and they'll tell ya 'there's no love like our love'.

Puhleaseee haven't I heard this same line! One even told me "No other man can love me the way he loved me" Yeah Right but he was messing with some other woman that wasn't even competition to me!

@topic

Its so typical of some men. . .they just don't know what they have till they loose it! Then when they see that yes life actually goes on without them. . .they start coming up with all sort of bull crap!

for most of them it isn't actually because they love or miss you. . .its just to stroke their wounded ego!
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Dyt(f): 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
dont mind d mumu guy he doesnt really want anyth bt cos u r doin well, he is such an ass
Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2010
If your ex was a good person, you're bound to miss him/her.
People usually don't know what they've got till it's gone. It applies to both gender.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Guys Always In Love With Their Ex by denony(m): 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
thats for men with low braveness

@ but girls are best at that, they always like to know every bit of your step.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Opened Her Panties For Me And What I Saw Was... / Do You Secretly Check Your Partner's Phone And Email? / Do Ladies Still Appreciate Beautiful Flowers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.