Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble (15792 Views)

Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites / Ojukwu’s Burial: S’east, S’south To Be Closed Down, As Uwazuruike Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by DuduNegro: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2012
no mind dem. . . . .each of the Eastern state has refugees living in the camp set up in Imo, if they can each donate N100m to dead body, I wonder why they can't do same and raise fund for the cause of living suffering souls and their children in refugee camp.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by antartica(m): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2012
Events like this gives politicians opportunities to syphon d people's fund.D dead are irrelevant,except their legacies.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by antartica(m): 9:05am On Feb 20, 2012
One perfect thing about islam is d way they treat d dead and i recommend it for anybody. Stop wasting money on carcases.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by funshint(m): 9:38am On Feb 20, 2012
Why can't Igbo do things without quarelling? Trust my SW pple.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by ekwynwa: 9:55am On Feb 20, 2012
chai who are these classless gutless homeless fools chatting about Igbos and Ojukwu's burial
Ojukwu will be given a world class burial live on CNN, SKY NEWS, ALJAZERA, EURO NEWS, BBC ETC tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
oya go on and kill your selves.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by kilandcure: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2012
IGBO PEOPLE SHOULD ALLOWED THAT MAN BODY TO REST NOW. THIS MAN NEVER REST WHILE ALIVE, AT DEATH ALSO THEY ARE USING HIS BODY TO PLAY 419, NA WA OOOOO!! IGBOMAN
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by namfav(m): 10:12am On Feb 20, 2012
i heard his body was going on aworld tour, including haiti, whatever happened to those plans? i dont even think nta has time for his funera

ekwy nwa:

chai who are these classless gutless homeless fools chatting about Igbos and Ojukwu's burial
Ojukwu will be given a world class burial live on CNN, SKY NEWS, ALJAZERA, EURO NEWS, BBC ETC tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
oya go on and kill your selves.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Ejine(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2012
This MacJive creature has a habit of posting fake useless junk from that IgbolandForum of his. Why anybody takes his garbage threads seriously is still a mystery to me. Hasn't this fake news been confirmed to be false already? Silly. undecided
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by otondo55: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2012
Fake News !
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by OneNaira6: 10:34am On Feb 20, 2012
I laugh in Nigeria
Why do Nigerians call oyinbo mumu's? There is no bigger mumu's in this world than Nigerians especially the Yoruba bigots on here.  grin grin grin grin  People that do not sabi Igbo culture should speak what they know abeg. Don't make a fool of yourself infront of Igbo thinking you know more about another man's community than that man.

In Igbo community, If you visit a widow of a deceased you have to contribute money, food, etc as much as you can to the window and the family of the deceased. This contribution goes to the burial and or the wake keep of the deceased.
When someone dies, the burden of the burial lays in the hand of the community he or she came from, not the family alone but the entire community. Now the saying that Nnewi people aren't contributing to the burial of Ojukwu get K-leg by itself. It actually just provided authenticity of the story, dalu to the bigot.  Chei, na insult on injury be this one. You are telling ndi-igbo our own culture. We can smell  A FAKE STORY from miles away from that line alone.
Lastly, the family of the deceased, not just his or her parents, children, etc but the entire family going far back as 28th cousin if they have to, contributes to the burial of the dead.
Seriously una watch Nollywood but yet una have not picked up anything about Igbo culture at all. Nollywood is not always the best place to pick up Igbo cultures because sometimes they mix it up but when it comes to the burial and wedding aspect they do a pretty good job.

Eko-ile thank you for providing the authenticity of the story. We thought it was fake, now we can confirm it is fake. On your quest to continue your bigotry, you shoot your self in the foot.
By the way, you'll still have not done what I asked.  Please kindly tell us which SW leaders SE leaders begged to help.  Fashola and whomelse? don't tell me you shoot yourself in the foot again due to your bigotry. Speak jor Since you know this vast knowledge of SE leaders begging and asking SW leaders for money, tell us the SE leaders and the SW leaders fast fast. List each state, list each leaders, list everything.

One more thing I just read an article of ojukwu burial happening in Niger where his own family aren't even present. In what Igbo community is that even accepted in? forget that one. In what Human community is that even accepted in? A deceased family not present in the burial of the deceased. Chie, Nigeria writers write anything and morons in Nigeria will believe it. ROFLMAO. Wait, for that article. It'll soon show up on Nairaland.  

I laugh in Nigeria  grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 20, 2012
Someone plz Call 911 cheesy cheesy undecided
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by ofala(m): 11:18am On Feb 20, 2012
@OP you don't deserve a response but I want to quickly say that there are several rivers and lagoons in this country for those who always hit their heads on the walls because of the Igbos or anything that concerned Igbos? Are you aware that Ikemba died a rightful billionaire? Find some work and get busy
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by ifyalways(f): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2012
When is the funeral undecided
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by ekwynwa: 11:35am On Feb 20, 2012
namfav:

i heard his body was going on aworld tour, including haiti, whatever happened to those plans? i dont even think nta has time for his funera

you heard what
i say watch and see tongue
what is my own with local nta
try another phrase
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by paparazy09(m): 11:40am On Feb 20, 2012
And this is why I remain strongly opposed to these
"states" and more state creation.
It creates idiotic and laughable groups which turn
brothers into strangers and enemies. I will remain opposed to more state creation in
Nigeria.
What we need in the East is amalgamation of states
back to where they were before Gowon struck in
1967. If we had one state in SE for instance, this issue
would never have arisen. Nonsense! Anyway, gotta go for now.
[/quote]
[quote]
[b][/b]

Saying things would have been different if there were no states is running away from thr truth!were there no states when the southwest buried Awolowo?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by OneNaira6: 11:41am On Feb 20, 2012
ifyalways:

When is the funeral   undecided

Who knows anymore. I read an article that claimed he was supposedly buried yesterday in Niger but he's family was not there.  undecided  I don't believe that story so who knows.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by OneNaira6: 11:48am On Feb 20, 2012
ofala:

@OP you don't deserve a response but I want to quickly say that there are several rivers and lagoons in this country for those who always hit their heads on the walls because of the Igbos or anything that concerned Igbos? Are you aware that Ikemba died a rightful billionaire? Find some work and get busy

That is what makes the story hilarious. You just spoiled the fun.
Bianca onoh whom family are also wealthy did not contribute to the burial?
His first son whom is a barrister did not contribute to the burial?
His second son whom is a doctor did not contribute to the burial?
All the Igbo leaders that visited Bianca did not leave anything for the family?

Just enjoy the story and laugh that's my take on it.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by namfav(m): 11:48am On Feb 20, 2012
this

Ojukwu’s Body To Tour 4 Countries Before Landing In Anambra For Burial

STATESMEN are usually given state burial but former Biafran Leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, will get more than that. His body will be flown to three African countries and one American country before the final burial in his Nnewi country home, according to his will.

Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, who gave the indication, yesterday, in Awka said that Odumegwu-Ojukwu listed where his body would be taken to before burial.

The countries are nations that supported the Biafran struggle and recognised Biafra as an independent state. They are Gabon, Tanzania, Ivory Coast and Haiti

At the end of the civil war, Ojukwu sought asylum in Ivory Coast from where he returned to Nigeria in 1982 when he was granted state pardon by former President Shehu Shagari

Obi who reiterated the determination of Nigerians to give the leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, a befitting burial, added that arrangements for the burial would soon be announced.

He said that government activities had been scaled down as a mark of respect for Ojukwu, adding that only very necessary activities would be taking place in the state.

Meanwhile, condolence registers have been opened in various places in Anambra State for people to record their feelings about the late Ikemba. An announcement in Awka named the places as the Government House, the state secretariat, the judiciary headquarters, the House of Assembly complex and all the 21 local government headquarters in the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/ojukwus-body-to-tour-4-countries-before-burial/

i honestly think no one knew who the hell he was and they just cancelled the whole thing grin

ekwy nwa:

you heard what  
i say watch and see tongue
what is my own with local nta
try another phrase

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chmod777: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
Any man who really indeed feels inferior always likes to meddle into another man's affair, talk about him, trying to find faults and amplify them in order to make himself feel a bit secure. This is all about insecurity and inferiority complex.
The more all these guys who write trash about Igbos try to show their presence, then unknowingly create in themselves the phobia and feeling of insecurity. But when one matters not  and worth nothing to you, you would not read about him, care about how he is doing or even contribute.
correct me if I am wrong and ask yourself why do so many in Europe ask you on the street (in an encounter) "oh you said you are from Ne`e`geraia (Nigeria) where is it in Africa cause I know South Africa. This is because they don't care. and Nigeria means and worths nothing to them. Igbo means something to all these guys and thats why the feel insecure.
carry goooooo
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ikemba lives on:

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
Ikemba is the giant of Biafra, even Yorubas shivers even in his death: cool

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
See the people's general. The most dearest and finest soldier ever to come out of Africa.

Look behind that even yorooba leaders dey clean his shoes and carry his bag: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Osiris211: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
U wan try see Africas first class products:

cool

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Harbb: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
@onlytruth, the problem is not with the states, but with the people. Do not blame Gowon for creating the states, rather blame the Igbos for not organising themselves. It's just like blaming our colonial masters for creating Nigeria, instead of blaming Nigerians for the woos they have put themselves inside.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 12:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
Check out the people's general

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
Onye Ije nno. U wan try. great Ikemba

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by OneNaira6: 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
Was wondering when the children will show up.

Na go kill pesin with laughter for NL.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
Major streets/roads, major monuments ( Stadium, Secretariate, 500 Naira note) were all names after the great Zik. Even the FG is building a gigantic edifice in Onitsha to decorate Zik's resting place. Niger state govt is building same at his birth place.

Major streets/roads, major monuments ( Stadium, Secretariate, 200 Naira note) were all names after the great Ahmadu Bello.

Practically nothing is named after Awaolowao the criminal coup plotter. Instead yorooba leaders are pulling down his only status.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by namfav(m): 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
ziks final resting place

www.nairaland.com/attachments/299242_Ziks_Vandalised_Building_jpgb08acd3be7c35138ffad480079bbf8bc

shame on you

chino11:

Major streets/roads, major monuments ( Stadium, Secretariate, 500 Naira note) were all names after the great Zik. Even the FG is building a gigantic edifice in Onitsha to decorate Zik's resting place. Niger state govt is building same at his birth place.

Major streets/roads, major monuments ( Stadium, Secretariate, 200 Naira note) were all names after the great Ahmadu Bello.

Practically nothing is named after Awaolowao the criminal coup plotter. Instead yorooba leaders are pulling down his only status.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by oderemo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
so una nefa bury this wuruwuru leader of una, odikwa dangerous oh.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chino11(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
namfav:

ziks final resting place

www.nairaland.com/attachments/299242_Ziks_Vandalised_Building_jpgb08acd3be7c35138ffad480079bbf8bc

shame on you

Aboki nama.  grin grin grin grin

Am avoiding you like a plague, because you eddiots in the north are associated with disease, war, terrorism and all the evil bedeviling man kind today came from you animals from desert. Even the purported picture you posted is not different from the once you have in Kano and kaduna where bombing is the order of the day.

If I post the picture of Ziks Place in Onitsha, it will cause you heart attack; and that will lead to you eddiot of boko haram to plan bombing the revered place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Problem Facing Nigeria Youth 2015 / Oshiomhole: Real Reason Why I Went To The U.S / Atiku Lands In Buhari's State Today As He Continue His Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.