Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble (15791 Views)

Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites / Ojukwu’s Burial: S’east, S’south To Be Closed Down, As Uwazuruike Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by tpia5: 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ the person who said ojukwu has no relatives in niger state

How do you know that for sure?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by manny4life(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Chino,

Biko, please leave the dude namfav and the girl called Osiris.211, it's not worth it. When you engage namfav in an intelligent conversation, he FLEES, so please, leave him. As for that girl called Osiris, she's trying to gain relevance, but in all, terrible attempts to justify bigotry.

@ Topic, WOW, his funeral is taking too long, like seriously, if they are balking from their duties because of money, I'm sure Nnewi people can raise the N200million Obi is asking for. Let this man be put to rest because this is taking more than usual.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
A whooping #500 million to bury oju-iku ? Anyways,if the money is not forthcoming,ibos can beg the northern governors for help since oju-iku is from zungeru.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Dede1(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
@OP

This is one of those idiotic conjectural craps often posted on this forum. Why would it cost N500m to bury Ojukwu? Most Igbo sons who operate breweries have donated drinks and even importers of drinks did donate drinks. The family of Ojukwu alone can carter for the burial of Ojukwu talk less of Nnewi that can boast of rich sons and daughters as if they were planted at birth. Gun powder has been guaranteed and 21-gun salute has be presented by Nigeria army.

Information reaching us indicated that transportation of individuals attending the burial at Nnewi should not be a problem because transporters who are native to Nnewi alone have assured buses running non-stop from point A to B. Individuals have been advised to find parking places at Ihiala, Okija, Oba, Onitsha and Asaba where the buses would pick them up. Only VIPs with certain invitation cards will be allowed into Nnewi. Natives of Nnewi alone have combined resources more than required to bury Ojukwu. Yet moronic ninnies, the usual shameless suspects, are nipping at Ojukwu's personality even at death.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by manny4life(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
Mods,

Please where are my post? This is unbecoming? What have I said that warranted my post to go MIA? angry angry angry
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
Dede1:

@OP

This is one of the idiotic conjectural craps often posted on this forum. Why would it cost N500m to bury Ojukwu? Many Igbo sons who operate breweries have donated drinks and even importers of drinks did donate drinks. The family of Ojukwu alone can carter for the burial Ojukwu talk less of Nnewi that can boast of rich sons and daughters as if they were planted at birth. Gun powder has been guaranteed and 21-gun salute has be presented by Nigeria army.

Information reaching us indicated that transportation of individuals attending the burial at Nnewi should not be a problem because transporters who are native to Nnewi have assured buses running non-stop from point A to B. Individuals have been advised to find parking places at Ihiala, Okija, Oba, Onitsha and Asaba where the buses would pick them up. Only VIPs with certain invitation cards will be allowed into Nnewi. Natives of Nnewi alone have combined resources more than required to bury Ojukwu. Yet moronic ninnies, the usual shameless suspects, are nipping at Ojukwu's personality even at death.

You should have been a back-up musician instead of wasting your talent here.Now tell me who needs #500 000 000 to bury oju-iku ?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by OAM4J: 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
manny4life:

Mods,

Please where are my post? This is unbecoming? What have I said that warranted my post to go MIA? angry angry angry

You did or wrote nothing wrong.

Some of the posts you responded to were deleted and because you quoted them, yours had to go with it.

Some of those posters have been banned as well.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by chuksikem(m): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
some people are so gullible and out of touch with reality, grin grin

This story is fake and wrong in all aspects, its only people that don't know the OJUKWU family or have never heard of the enterprising spirit of the IGBOS nay ANAMBRARIANS that will fall for this cheap fake[b]a.[/b].ss story.

500million, shocked shocked dude ojukwu family as a whole is worth more than that in a hundred folds, coupled with the millions of ndigbo falling over themselves to be a part of the funeral arrangement.

WE DON'T ABANDON OUR OWN EVEN IN DEATH, NEVER, THE WORLD WILL WITNESS THE GREATEST SUCCESSFUL BURIAL OF A TRUE HERO COME MARCH. wink wink
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by adamaw2tuf: 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
i cant understand the reason why my post gets removed anytime i post,is alhj_haram working for nairaland these days or what?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by adamaw2tuf: 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
i didnt quote anybody and what i asked was that i hope these people running mouth all over are not just diplaying their anger and foolishness in response the announced mb,se and ss youths alliance as we did not barr anybody to join.now is this worse than what people like dayokanu,bluethoot,namfav and others posted here?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by bashr8: 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
fake story , this igboland forum guy keeps posting fake stories on this forum , shamless thing , only a mugu  like the tribalist here will buy such news.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by DRANOEL(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
ojukwu and the sun that will never rise
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-875366.o.html
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by bashr8: 6:46pm On Feb 20, 2012
DRANOEL:

ojukwu and the sun that will never rise
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-875366.o.html

leprous almajiro why is dat your buisness, i guess u want massob to go on killing spree murdering innocent women and children like boko harem.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by DuduNegro: 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
all these igbo chickenheads, none of you know when Ojukwu will be buried?  I know it keeps changing but what date has been fixed to sink him into the soil?    You all are giving dates when Aba will be closed and Nnewi will be closed and we know you all departed on Feb 3rd. . . but what day is your lord going into ground?  who knows?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by DRANOEL(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
whitney houston, one of the world's greats died,the whole planet was shocked and the world mourned. . . .she was buried within a week.

ojukwo died,didn't even get 2mins on cnn and you people are still parading he's manhood about
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by DuduNegro: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^ how many months has it been now since he died?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Ojiofor: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
HATERS SHUP UP!

Ojukwu’s burial rites move to Abia
On February 20, 2012 · In Ojukwu's Burial
Email0

BY ANAYO OKOLI

UMUAHIA- PROGRAMME of activities for the burial of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu shifted to Abia State weekend with a large procession of Abians to some important places in Umuahia that have something to do with the late Ikemba.

The procession, led by top government officials and notable leaders in the state, took off from the famous Ojukwu Bunker to the War Museum, all within Umuahia metropolis and back to the bunker.

Addressing the processing on behalf of the governor, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Chief Don Ubani, noted that Ojukwu was a great leader and that as governor of the defunct Eastern region, he fought injustice squarely.

According to him, the people, including the governments of the region are very proud of him and have planned a very befitting burial for him.

Ubani reminded the people that Ojukwu’s remains will be brought to Aba on February 28, and urged the people to troop out to accord the great a leader the last respect.

Elsewhere in far away, Zungeru, Ojukwu’s place of birth, the state governor, Theodore Orji, assured of a befitting burial for the late Igbo leader.

Governor Orji, who was in Zungeru, Niger State, to attend the the commencement of the burial rites of the Dim Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, disclosed that South-East governors had designed wonderful programmes to celebrate the exit of this great legend of all times.

Orji, who said that all the funds Abia Local 0rganising Committee needed to ensure a smooth passage of the late hero had been released, announced that Enyimba Stadium where Ojukwu’s remains will lie in state on the 28th of this month, was wearing a new look.

He added that adequate security had also been put in place for the Aba event,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/o, -move-to-abia/
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Hadone(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
why all the story telling? just burry him in the north. was he not a northerner by birth?
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Ojiofor: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2012
We do not bury our dead in a foreign land nor matter place of birth.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Reggie2(m): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
While some idle brains are crying more than the bereaved on Ojukwu's funeral rites, please be informed that Ndigbo in Italy are honouring the great Ikemba in the Italian city of Padua (Padova) on the 3rd of March 2012. No amount of money is enough by Ndigbo to repay Ikemba for his boldness and courage to defend his kinsmen from blood thirsty Northerners and their cohorts in 1967.

I have read some silly postings on this thread where some conceited opinions tend to thwart history. Myths of a people and ingredients of heroism is garbed in relativism, thus I found it intellectually tasking that some people from a different ethnic background are at pains to convince Ndigbo on who should be their hero(s). If we have found heroism in the person of Ojukwu, why the whole fuss? Since you guys did not and will never live the Igbo experience, no amount of theory will ever negate the obvious: that Ojukwu is our hero.

The argument that he should not have gone to war knowing very well that he would loose is more of a yoruba trait than Igbo. If today the hausa/yoruba conduct another genocide against Ndigbo, we shall do the same things again, defend ourselves even at the risk of loosing. I know this may be difficult for some of our sw brothers to fully grasp. Ojukwu knew when to quit the war stage after a meeting with the elders in Igboland - that also is an act of heroism
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Onlytruth(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2012
Reggie2:

While some idle brains are crying more than the bereaved on Ojukwu's funeral rites, please be informed that Ndigbo in Italy are honouring the great Ikemba in the Italian city of Padua (Padova) on the 3rd of March 2012. No amount of money is enough by Ndigbo to repay Ikemba for his boldness and courage to defend his kinsmen from blood thirsty Northerners and their cohorts in 1967.

I have read some silly postings on this thread where some conceited opinions tend to thwart history. Myths of a people and ingredients of heroism is garbed in relativism, thus I found it intellectually tasking that some people from a different ethnic background are at pains to convince Ndigbo on who should be their hero(s). If we have found heroism in the person of Ojukwu, why the whole fuss? Since you guys did not and will never live the Igbo experience, no amount of theory will ever negate the obvious: that Ojukwu is our hero.

The argument that he should not have gone to war knowing very well that he would loose is more of a yoruba trait than Igbo. [b]If today the hausa/yoruba conduct another genocide against Ndigbo, we shall do the same things again, defend ourselves even at the risk of loosing. I know this may be difficult for some of our sw brothers to fully grasp. [/b]Ojukwu knew when to quit the war stage after a meeting with the elders in Igboland - that also is an act of heroism

Dalu nwanne

I don't think that they would ever understand. lol
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Hadone(m): 1:03am On Feb 21, 2012
Ojiofor:

We do not bury our dead in a foreign land nor matter place of birth.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHO IS YOUR DEAD, OJUKWU? MY FRIEND JUST FORGET IT. IKEMBA WAS ONLY IGBO BY TRIBE, BUT JUST LIKE OR HATE IT, HE IS A NORTHERNER.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Ojiofor: 1:12am On Feb 21, 2012
Ok o small boy go and carry out ur wish, case closed! grin
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by auwal87(m): 1:17am On Feb 21, 2012
Something tells me Biafra will be declared independent immediately after his burial. As fulfillment of his dream. Its not going to be easy, and will take people by surprise. lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by DuduNegro: 1:26am On Feb 21, 2012
The argument that he should not have gone to war knowing very well that he would loose is more of a yoruba trait than Igbo. If today the hausa/yoruba conduct another genocide against Ndigbo, we shall do the same things again, defend ourselves even at the risk of loosing. I know this may be difficult for some of our sw brothers to fully grasp. Ojukwu knew when to quit the war stage after a meeting with the elders in Igboland - that also is an act of heroism

. . . .what Yoruba is telling you is simple. . . your ikemba should not have marched West, period! Everything else means nothing to us. I hear you say you shall do same thing again if situation repeats. . . thats is you shall occupy and hoist a republic of Bini flag in Edo and Delta and you shall have your eyes on Ibadan and Lagos. Well, guess what? Millions more of you will again be slaughtered and you will end up worse than you are now because we will not leave you on that land. . . .the demolition and destruction will not cease, even if you surrender, we will continue the bloodshed until you are driven completely off the land and into central africa.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Ojiofor: 1:36am On Feb 21, 2012
Point of correction! Banjo marched west not Ikemba, embarassed
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by hercules07: 3:04am On Feb 21, 2012
Yeah Banjo marched west, he must have lost his compass or Ojukwu gave him the orders to march west, you online guys are just too deceitful. The Yorubas are usually diplomatic but if anybody brings any war to our doorsteps, he or she will reap whatever is sown twentyfold.
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by DuduNegro: 3:41am On Feb 21, 2012
Do these flags belong to Banjo or Biafra?

Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by Ojiofor: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
The two flags are so beautiful, one belongs to Ikemba and the other to our ally Banjo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: Ojukwu's Burial Runs Into Trouble by cremationjew(m): 8:17am On Mar 17, 2012
Why are you using burial process? .......... cremation is better than this...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

With You By My Side, I’m Ready For The Next 4 Years –VP Yemi Osinbajo Tells Wife / President Buhari Appoints Five Principal Officers For NASENI / Reno Omokri: Obi Says Past Leaders Are Bad, Yet Runs To Them For Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.