Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? (1712 Views)

See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / No ls taken / m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by ediemafio(m): 12:06am On Feb 26, 2012
Hi brothers and sister,we all know that nature has a law.In 2010,I Visited Nigeria and found out my fiancee was still very friendly with her ex who was from same village,well i didnt say a word because i'd not done anything on her head,before i left for U.K,i took my parents and we did the introduction ceremony,we were due to get married in december 2011,.To cut it short,I found out her ex had her bb pin(which i bought for her) and they were when i confronted her,she picked a quarrel.the next day she apologised and i accepted but my spirit was still bitter because i didnt know what she was upto,a week later,we had another quarrel and she practically compared me to her ex,at that point,I disolved the marriage and asked to go her way.
Some people believe its a habbit for European boys to use and dump girls with marriage promises,PLS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS,I NEED YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS, IS IT RIGHT FOR HER TO HAVE KEPT CONTACT WITH HER EX,EVEN WHEN HER EX MADE IT OBVIOUS IN THE VILLAGE THAT I TOOK HIS GIRLFRIEND, THANKS
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by MrsChima1(f): 12:10am On Feb 26, 2012
[size=55pt]Yes!![/size]
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Excelboi(m): 12:12am On Feb 26, 2012
I dnt knw why people re so stubborn. Stop recycling threads that has been created times witout numba.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Ranoscky(m): 1:18am On Feb 26, 2012
If i were in ur shoes, i'll do the same as u, askin her to leave my house! In NO sense should one keep contact with an ex!

Dont mind that highway girl. She is not yet ripped or matured for marraige. Stil wanto hov round different pricks abit.

Pls, free her be! She is NOT a wifey material.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Harbb: 2:54am On Feb 26, 2012
She could just be a 'harmless' friend with her ex. But she goofed by comparing you with her ex. That was a big blunder.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by modavi: 11:10am On Feb 26, 2012
nay!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by 2sexy(m): 11:54am On Feb 26, 2012
The truth is that most Nigerian girls dont know what they want. So, it is very likely that she doesn't either.

My ex came back begging me to accept her back after she had been with other guys.

She preferred to be with other guys back in 2009 than to be with me. though it was painful at that time and thanks to nairalander's who gave me their un-bias comment. Some called me mugu, ode etc but the bottom line is that I moved on as I was adviced to. Fast forward to this day, my life has become loving. I just keep loving myself everyday. The once skinny dude is adding weight and looking handsome. This I did not impose on myself but people did by their comments and I give glory to God.

Well, I just had to play along like the 'former' mugu I was and she still think I am. It is going to be B.A.N.G and D.U.M.P so that she could learn a good lesson.

I rest my case
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Metalgoong(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
Damn!! . . Nothing is wrong with being in contact with an Ex!! . . What kind of insecure men are mothers raising nowadays
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by ediemafio(m): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
@ mrs Chima,i wish to ignore you because you've never made sence anywhere in the forum,i dont know you but i dont think you are fit to be a wife.I heard you are a single mother,shame on you.the dignity of a woman is in her husband's house,you just want every lady to suffer what you suffer in your wayward life, you are just a wo,when you get married,you will be a woman.A-S-S H-O-L-E,@ METALGOONG, I am not insecure in any way.here are my points.1,, we men know that it is almost impossible to be just very close friends with a girl,let alone an ex,the memories will always come back,the comparism will also be there.
2,Women are vulnerable and sometimes face pressure,moreover in my case,her ex was very hurt that i was marrying her,the news was all over the village.I actually doubt that they were actually broken up,

Mature and reasonable opinion pls,
Mrs Chima,Please do not comment on my post anymore,i already know your opinion, Thanks and goodbye
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Ranoscky(m): 3:40am On Feb 27, 2012
Metalgoong, just stop pretendin "new era-ish" cos, when it dawns on u, na dat tym ur eye go clear!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by HighChief4(m): 5:18am On Feb 27, 2012
The only real threat to any relationship is an ex. I wonder why people always try to use their past to ruin their future. For Pete's sake you guys were talking about marriage here and not dating so why should she be keeping a company you are not even in support of(not to talk of her ex). If the guy is truly her past, then why cant she leave him in the past.

Honestly, I wouldnt tolerate that too. You did the right thing. Women are so deep, they kill faster than gun. You will sure find a better wife.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by ediemafio(m): 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
Thanks ranosky and High chief,I think that some of our Naija babes are trying to imitate western ladies, its really a pity, anyway,I thank God cos Nigerian Law protects Men against such promiscuity if not,our girls would have fed their men with hell,
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Metalgoong(m): 12:00am On Feb 28, 2012
Ranoscky:

Metalgoong, just stop pretendin "new era-ish" cos, when it dawns on u, na dat tym ur eye go clear!

Dude, it is only insecure guys that are worried when their girls are in contact with their Ex. If your girl truly loves you, then why should she dump you for an Ex who probably mistreated her in their first journey. . . . . Y'all should step up your game, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 28, 2012
Depends on the nature of their friendship.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by HighChief4(m): 3:21am On Feb 28, 2012
Metalgoong:

Dude, it is only insecure guys that are worried when their girls are in contact with their Ex. If your girl truly loves you, then why should she dump you for an Ex who probably mistreated her in their first journey. . . . . Y'all should step up your game, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bro its not about insecurity but respect. You cant love me if you dont respect me, I value respect more than love because when the love goes or tones down, its the respect that will keep the marriage going. And why wait till she dumps you for an ex before you smell the coffee
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Metalgoong(m): 4:30am On Feb 28, 2012
High_Chief:

Bro its not about insecurity but respect. You cant love me if you dont respect me, I value respect more than love because when the love goes or tones down, its the respect that will keep the marriage going. And why wait till she dumps you for an ex before you smell the coffee

hahahaha grin grin . . .
A girl that dumps you for an Ex never loved you that much , maybe you were her rebound. However, i understand the respect aspect of your reply; but at the sametime, you cant force respect on people. In other words, a girl who doesn't want to loose you will definitely respect you.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Killz3(m): 8:19am On Feb 28, 2012
Metalgoong:

Dude, it is only insecure guys that are worried when their girls are in contact with their Ex. If your girl truly loves you, then why should she dump you for an Ex who probably mistreated her in their first journey. . . . .  Y'all should step up your game,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bullshit!
It's also ok for the guy to be in contact with his ex? What is the point of a new relationship if you want to be in contact with your ex? And people keep wondering why relationships hit the rocks.

A girl will have that opportunity of dumping you for an ex if she keeps contact with him. if there's no contact, na which winch wan come dump am for the ex?

Step up what game? Am i in a contest with the ex? Or are we in a new relationship? Step up what stupid game? Am i stepping up to impress a girl that is already my girlfriend? The question is "Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex?" The answer is NO! Being in contact with him creates a possible dumping scenario. Cut it off! If she truly loves me, then ALL contact with the ex should be axed! Dont gimme that insecurity bullshit! I also have a choice in the relationship. If you wanna be with your ex, then bounce.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by ediemafio(m): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2012
@ Metalgong my brother,it appears its been a long time you came home last, lol, i can feel the ways of a white man from what you say, let me educate you my brother, The only reason why we have less divorce casses in Nigeria is because Women are actually bound to certein things,Not by force,But by virtue integrity, It does not promote mishandling a woman but it aims to increase and protect our respective gender responsibilities, A woman is meant to be submissive to her husband,love only her man,the issue of keeping such contacts is merely an alien way that could actually create a broad way to promiscuity,disrespect and heartbreak,

Another thing mybrother,a white woman can only say f-uck-off!!,you are crazy,at worst she will call u a nigga,but our Nija babes have fire in their mouth and can tell you horrible things, My advice to you is this,if you ever want to marry a Nigerian Lady,find the 1 you can nuture,otherwise,it wud be like taking an igbo untrained dog,it will give every body a run in the airplane, 1 luv
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by fr3ddi3(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
@~killz~
i feel u, cool. Dats d biggest bullshit in any relationship. angry
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by 2kurupt(m): 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
As they say 'Old firewood no dey quench', I say p!ss on any damn firewood

Don't take no chances when the ex is in the picture, enuf said
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by femmy2010(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2012
edie_mafio:

Hi brothers and sister,we all know that nature has a law.In 2010,I Visited Nigeria and found out my fiancee was still very friendly with her ex who was from same village,well i didnt say a word because i'd not done anything on her head,before i left for U.K,i took my parents and we did the introduction ceremony,we were due to get married in december 2011,.To cut it short,I found out her ex had her bb pin(which i bought for her) and they were when i confronted her,she picked a quarrel.the next day she apologised and i accepted but my spirit was still bitter because i didnt know what she was upto,a week later,we had another quarrel and she practically compared me to her ex,at that point,I disolved the marriage and asked to go her way.
Some people believe its a habbit for European boys to use and dump girls with marriage promises,PLS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS,I NEED YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS, IS IT RIGHT FOR HER TO HAVE KEPT CONTACT WITH HER EX,EVEN WHEN HER EX MADE IT OBVIOUS IN THE VILLAGE THAT I TOOK HIS GIRLFRIEND, THANKS

I am not saying one has to be foolish about it but love/marriage/relationship sure cant stand the test of time without TRUST.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by ng4am(f): 7:44am On Mar 02, 2012
It all depend on the kind of relationship the both ve now,one breaking up with someone does not make them enemies, so ending up being great pals, am talking out of experience. U can't build ur marriage without trust. So if u don't trust her let her be. And abt comparing the both of u though is wrong but most times we do it unconsiously when angry, u could ve just voiced out ur mind than acting insecured. My opinion.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by WebSurfer(m): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2012
really bad,, but it depends on how the breakup went
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by Tosinville(m): 9:35am On Mar 02, 2012
it depends
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Be In Contact With Her Ex? by ediemafio(m): 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
Hi ng4am,I really see reasons with you, anger,anger but you see,you cannot cheat nature,her ex could av been her first love,it was not healthy for the relationship,that comparism will always come,.As for trust,1 has to trust with sence,the white people trust their wives to be pole dancers and end up loosing them to drug barons,we cannot trust stupidly my dear,it takes time to build that trust, however,i dare say,you are the most reasobale lady to comment on this post,

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Biggest Sign Of A Cheating Wife?? / As A Guy, What Would You Do When You Jam A Lady Touching Herself In The Loo? / Photo & Video: Boyfriend Catches Suicidal Girl Who Flung Herself From Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.