Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only (13604 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / Mikel Obi Starts For Chelsea But Turned Down Super Eagles Call / Nba Starts For Heat Lovers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by Novacaine(m): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2008
@danity
Make that 22 they beat LAL last night they now lead the West its absolute Ludacris.

But the real story is the Nuggets/Sonics game Denver hit 168 its unheard of in this day and age thats why the Sonics can never be playoff material anytime soon their defence was simply laissez faire
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2008
And the winning streak has come to an end the Rockets got pulverised at home to the Celtics beating SanAntonio and Houston at home hopefully they wouldnt make it a treble at Dallas we must preserve Western Conference pride but its amazing how the West can change in a heartbeat Rockets could be sixth by next week if they slip up its that tight.Now the real story is the defending chumps on a 4 game losing streak wake up guys its almost playoff time.King James was his usual self lst night i can only see 3 teams in the EastBoston,Cleveland and Detroit
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2008
And to cap a miserable weekend we go on to lose to the Spurs at home and are now on 3 straight losses.We are losing at home to all our main rivals Rockets,Lakers,Celtics and now Spurs its becoming appalling Avery Johnson whats going on since when did we find it so hard to hold our own against fellow title contenders? undecided
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by danity: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2008
I can't believe it!
New Orleans keeps shifting between 1st, 2nd and 3rd position but as of this night they are 1st?
That's amazing.
GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so proud of them.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2008
Dirk is out indefinitely i cant believe it as if things where not bad enough we now have to go on and lose Dirk
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2008
Well I commented at the time of the Kidd trade that everyone keeps forgetting his shooting was woeful
and his number of assists would not make up for that deficiency.

This team was not bad at the time of the trade, but suffered from inconsistency and trading for Kidd has proved a non-solution.

Some of them need to step up big time. . . . .especially John Terry. Josh Howard suffered from low confidence a few weeks back but
he seems to have recovered his confidence.

Bottomline though- - - - - -No Dirk- - - - - -No Ring

@Other Matters

The Hornets. . .Isn't it about time we took them seriously. . . .And Chris Paul is surely the MVP. He has the least amount of talent to work with
amongst the other candidates.

He is the most valuable player to his team.

The Lakers. . . . . .The loss last nite to the Bobcats was a setback but this team showed in the thrilling game in Oakland they will be difficult to
beat in a 7 game series.

The Sixers. , . . . Nobody wants to play this team in the first round ooo. . . .
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by kobe(m): 4:46am On Mar 29, 2008
Kobe Bryant is like Neo - it's like "he's doing his superman thing again" you just sit, and watch in awe.

Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2008
@doyin
I am this close to giving up.Without Dirk it would be totally hopeless he is our best scorer and rebounder the Kidd trade didnt do us any favours i agree but who else could we go for in the circumstances and with Denver and Golden State snapping our heels i am a very worried man
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2008
@doyin
I think MVP is a straight fight between Kobe and Chris Paul no question
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by kobe(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2008
Kobe deserves the award this season, with chris paul a hailline second.

NBA MVP
Kobe
Paul

Best Player
1) Kobe
2) Lebron

Best Point Guard
1)CP3
2a) Deron Williams
2b)Baron Davis
3) Steve Nash
Somewhere in here J-Kidd
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by danity: 6:53am On Mar 30, 2008
MVP - Chris Paul #3 all the way!
I'm so psyched that he's doing this good.
He and David West somehow manage to carry the rest on their thrilling wins.
I just hope that they can sustain their first position in the Western Division.
It's way too tight. I can't even understand it.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2008
@Kobe
For the MVP award
Kobe
Chris Paul
Lebron

@doyin
We lost at Oakland last night this Kidd trade is turning out to be a disaster i guess we didnt appreciate the talent in Devin Harris and the fact that he is still young and impressionable i also think Avery Johnson made a bad move in changing JT to a sixth man.Now we have lost three straight and have been unable to hold our own against the big teams The Lakers,Celtics,Rockets and Spurs have all beat us in our homecourt within the last few weeks it would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs now
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2008
Golden State who is your daddy? MVP is back
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by danity: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2008
I'm happy for your team, A-40 but I'm impressed in fact, i'm overimpressed by the Hornets.
They made my week. Seems the underdog's going to be on top.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2008
@danity
I am impressed with New Orleans too unlike my inconsistent Mavs that cant see m to win two games straight hopefully we are able to beat the Suns today.You guys are leading the Warriors please beat them for us wink
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by danity: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2008
@ A-40 lol - I trust New Orleans wants Dallas to be in the 8. After all, we do somewhat like Texas smiley. At least Dallas is still in the 7th position. It would be amazing to beat GSW. I'm looking forward to it.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2008
@danity
You guys just did kiss.Thank you 108-96 was the score
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by danity: 12:00am On Apr 07, 2008
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Yeah and you guys did great as well. Congratulations.

The Hornets are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 12:10am On Apr 07, 2008
Hmmm. . .pretty impressive victory

If the 4th quarter was anything to go by. . . . . .then this team will cause some kasala in the playoffs.

They literally shut the most potent offensive team in the league down. Put the clampers on them.

Avery Johnson also outcoached D'antoni, which is not an easy feat. Apart from Don Nelson of the Warriors
I don't knw any other coach besides D'antoni better at exploiting matchups.

@Danity

Chris Paul. . . .triple double. . . . . . .MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by danity: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2008
@doyin - I can just see him taking that. He's more eligible for the MVP position than Kobe.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2008
Glad we are in the playoff groove now Sunday's game was something else i have never seen the Mavs defend so good the playoffs is our focus now like we learnt last season qualifying as the 1st or 8th seed doesnt promise you success in the playoffs especially not in the Wild Wild West and we won last night we are now 49-29 and looking good with 4 games to go
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 12:49am On Apr 11, 2008
Hornets are just amazing! 55 games and we get to battle Lakers tomorrow. Oh my goodnessssssssssss!
I'm so happy we're leading!

Dallas and Utah should be a good game tonight. A-40, better start fasting and praying. Arsenal sucks bad enough, pray that Mavs don't disappoint you. grin
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by doyin13(m): 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2008
The Mavs made it to the playoffs. Tight game with Utah last night, Dirk was clutch men.

The Warriors lost to the Nuggets.

I think its a travesty that one of these teams will be out of the playoffs while the likes of the Raptors and Hawks
will make it.

The Warriors might actually get 50 wins this season and still not make the playoffs shocked shocked
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2008
The entire western conference is screwed up. Imagine Cavs have won 43 games and get into the playoffs but Warriors are out with 47 games. I hate this. The western conference is on fire.

Tonight - Hornets vs. Lakers. . . . . . .too intense. I'm scared. sad
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2008
@j-girl
Lol who cares about Golden State my team is through to the playoffs.

Where would Dallas be without Dirk this guy hit 32 points last night and a late 3 pointer to win the game.Its playoff time Mavs
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 7:55pm On Apr 11, 2008
I would rather see the Nuggets make it even though Golden State is not bad either but i wouldnt miss A.I and Melo for the world even though we know they would probably not make it past the first round.The East is shyte something needs to be done how can teams in the West with a .600 + average still not make the playoffs?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 9:27am On Apr 12, 2008
A-40:

I would rather see the Nuggets make it even though Golden State is not bad either but i wouldnt miss A.I and Melo for the world even though we know they would probably not make it past the first round.The East is shyte something needs to be done how can teams in the West with a .600 + average still not make the playoffs?
EXACTLY!
If Cavs were in our conference. . . . . . . they would not even go near the playoffs.
I do love me some Iverson and Anthony combo. Guess I like them in that stage too.

Hornets are still first despite their loss to the lakers (107-104). I love those guys like crazy kiss. LAL has clinched the pacific division and I just hope Hornets clinch theirs. The whole western conference is too tight and playoffs start next week. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2008
@j-girl
We go head to head tonight for the season closer it really doesnt matter who wins but i dont want to go down 3-1 to yall this season so we definitely have to kick your Louisiana butts dearie.Those Eastern guys are just lucky did you see how they got swept in the finals last year? i mean the Cavs
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by A40(m): 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2008
Tonight though would be an absolute hum-dinger if you dont have ESPN then you have yourself to blame DAL-NOH UTAH-SAS and DET-CLEVELAND

@J-girl
Who knows if we win tonight then we are gonna meet in the playoffs how crazy is that?
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2008
Now the Lakers are on top. hoooyaaaaaaaaaahh. Cant wait for the New Diesel Bynum to come back, Boi we gone be sick. Lakers - Houston western Finals.
To A-40 as soon as Dallas made the trade for Jason Kidd I was appalled Avery Johnson gave up the future of The Dallas team for some old guy. Dallas will get knocked out for the same reason they got knocked out last season - lack of speed.
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by jgirl3: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
@ A-40. I know!!!! sad
As much as I want the mavs to play better. . . . . I'm rooting for my darling Hornets. Cavs are so lucky. LeBron is just a savior to them. As you said it doesn't really matter who wins because the Hornets clinched the southwest division anyway - cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
If you guys win and we meet in the playoffs, I'm declaring Nairaland our battleground because New Orleans must deal with those Texans. Texans have a huge problem - their egos!!!!
You might have helped us during hurricane Katrina and we appreciate it. But we want to kick your butts tonight. Hopefully - Paul and West will make this a memorable game for us grin grin

P.S. - I love LeBron but dang it - I want Detroit to win lipsrsealed
Re: Nba Starts For Heat Haters Only by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2008
J-Girl
Am a fan of the evolution of the New Orleans Hornet, but I find it hard Rooting for them because over the years I have come to understand that the Playoff is a Different Ball Game from the Regular season - The Spurs are a Good Example - they will always perform in the playoffs, dispite shortcomings during the regular season. Experience will be th one thing that counts against the Hornets.
Its Lakers though all the way, forget the stone age kobe and Shaq , we got a perfect 5 in Kobe, Odom, Fisher, Bynum and Gasol, I cant wait for that Ring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Beats Lebron James As The Most Marketable Athlete In The World / Onazi Joins Turkish Club Trabzonspor From Lazio / NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.