Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Love, Money And Relationships - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love, Money And Relationships (11717 Views)

If All Women Love Money Then Why Do They Do This (pics) / Prophecy And Relationships / Why Girls Love Money More Than Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by ichidodo: 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
tpacalipse:

The fact that u have a steady income today does not mean u can't lose it after marriage! And for the fact that a man does not have steady income today does not mean He can't have it after mrriage! And who the fffffk or where the fffkkk did you get the idea that a man must provide verything in marriage? or relationships? Read the BIBLE very well to confirm (Proverbs 31 from Verse 1-the end), u will understand.

A lot of our fathers got married to our mothers when they had no ffking dime, worked together and today some of them are very rich. Is money really the problem in marriage and relationships? So, are u saying that those who had steady source or sources of income before they married, should divorce if they happen to lose this or these sources of steady income? In short, the ways people come around to analyse humans is very funny! Humans can not be analyse this way or these ways.

To me, if 99.9% of Nigerian women will not stay or marry you for lack of steady income, there is 0.1% who can stay irrespective of whether u have steady income or not and this 0.1 percent to me, matters a lot. I will strongly advice any man to please start dating when you are still broke, if you wait untill you are ok, u might end up with one of these gold digging daughters of mad men. Your chance or chances of meeting a thief when you are already comfortable is greater than when you are not. I strongly recommend this to all men in the house: date when you are broke, date when you are broke; ignore this rule at your own PERIL. I warn you again, IGNORE @ UR OWN PERIL.
Oga, God wil bless u and ure family 4 givin broke ass guys like us. I am sheddin tears already, i know say one day e go beta. Igbo kweenu.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nayah(f): 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
Killz actually what I wanted to point out is that I prefer building my wealth with my husband or fiance rather than counting on a tutor, hope I made it clearer now
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
Nayah:

Killz actually what I wanted to point out is that I prefer building my wealth with my husband or fiance rather than counting on a tutor, hope I made it clearer now
I don't get the tutor part. . .
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
Yoruba kwenu!! This is nl not Anambra
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nayah(f): 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
Means I don't want a second father, I can also help and I would definetely not putting money on top before love and respect
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by ichidodo: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
~Killz~:

Ok, if una collabo, make una dey chop sand. . . Igbo kwezuo nu! wink
[/ehn. Make i chop, if it wil give mi a shot at being wit my babe, U, if u like wait 4 donkey years to buy land and build house b4 u enter rlatship not 2 talk of marriage, Ichidodo bu onye igbo,
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
Nayah:

Means I don't want a second father, I can also help and I would definetely not putting money on top before love and respect

Good. I hope everyone has this mindset. But since it's not possible for all ladies to have this mindset, guy's should be on a safer side by making sure they can cater for her. It's just commonsense! smiley
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
ehn. Make i chop, if it wil give mi a shot at being wit my babe, U, if u like wait 4 donkey years to buy land and build house b4 u enter rlatship not 2 talk of marriage, Ichidodo bu onye igbo,
You don't go to a farm with a blunt cutlass. You can be with your babe, just make sure you can provide for her needs. . . Killz bu kwa onye igbo. wink
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
Just give me the money, i can always buy Mr. CORK.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nayah(f): 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2012
~Killz~:

Good. I hope everyone has this mindset. But since it's not possible for all ladies to have this mindset, guy's should be on a safer side by making sure they can cater for her. It's just commonsense! smiley
Lol but Killz you know brother, I've always tried not jugding easily people because we don't know their background: Look, if a lady comes from a very poor background we can't blame us to want a better life and think to have a fiance who has a better background, but yes better loving him too of course
Just to say life it's quite difficult and we need to balance our point of view, cases are different

But I agree using someone just because of money, this is not what I call love
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by ichidodo: 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
~Killz~:

You don't go to a farm with a blunt cutlass. You can be with your babe, just make sure you can provide for her needs. . . Killz bu kwa onye igbo. wink
NGWA, bia. Let us dance mgbokpo nike dance,
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 8:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
Nayah:

Lol but Killz you know brother, I've always tried not jugding easily people because we don't know their background: Look, if a lady comes from a very poor background we can't blame us to want a better life and think to have a fiance who has a better background, but yes better loving him too of course
Just to say life it's quite difficult and we need to balance our point of view, cases are different

But I agree using someone just because of money, this is not what I call love
You understand. smiley
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2012
ichidodo:

NGWA, bia. Let us dance mgbokpo nike dance,
Nna relax o! grin
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2012
undecided
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nayah(f): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2012
Lol Mrs Chima good evening though
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

undecided
angry angry
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by LaParisienne(f): 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
The comments are quite interesting, it's good to read different viewpoints on this subject.

As a principle, I look out for long term prospects and goals when choosing a man. It's easy to spot a man with a great future, even if he's still in school or not working at the moment.

I aso consider the welfare of my future children. I don't want them to suffer, so I have choose carefully.

I can stay with a ''not so rich guy'' and build wealth with him. But he has to be very smart, not some person with dead brain cells grin
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2012
Hey Nayah suga. Good afternoon to you. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Ranoscky(m): 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ah ah?! Shey na exam hall we dey ni? Which kain long epistle b dis na? Omo, to be continued leta jare!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by hamsky: 12:55am On Mar 02, 2012
Wish Nigerian lasses share thesame opinion with you OP. Sometimes I ask myself if there is any lady out their that isn't guilty of this.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Adaeze003(f): 1:42am On Mar 02, 2012
So i guess no love, relationship or marriage for the poor? In my opinion, there's no formula to this aspect of life. I know this because I've seen couples who started with little but with time things changed and now they can comfortably provide for their kids. On the other hand, the fact that you have a steady income now does not mean you'll have that for life so what if something happens and you lose your job? Will you expect her to stay with you?
Everyone deserves love as long as you are not expecting manner from above (lazy) things can change. smiley
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by IZUKWU(m): 4:09am On Mar 02, 2012
Kills, i wouldn't say i do not follow your line of arguement. But how do i keep in line the desires of my heart. What would you advice in this situation. For me ,its three years after youth service ,have been working and saving for my m.sc . So am on a very tight rope financially. But body no be wood,there is this girlfriend of mine. We have been on and off because according her ,am stingy why i refuse to spend more than 3k on her for a month. Once it has passed that ,she know she wouldn't get anything from me again. Since last month she has talking ,she want to enter school . Money to runs her o'level but i refuse to bulge. I know she has been talking with her ex and he has promised to give her but for me. She is not my responsibility since her parents and brothers are there . And i have my own sister ,four of them at the present in the university with their demands. This girl keep telling me that she is am adult, that her parents take care of the younger ones and she should be the responsibility of her boyfriend,which i have vehemently refused to bear. These days i choose my expenses, i measure them,with an iron ruler.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 02, 2012
@IZUKWU, I say drop the skank you don't need a partner that does possess reasoning capabilities. Abi have you not heard what happened to Zenith Bank Manager Bankole(how he lost his wife to Car Salesman Lanre Shittu?). I don't know why guys are playing ostrich, if you're not enough for a girl now you will MOST LIKELY never be enough for her till you die. For me the rule is simple ''if you can't be with me when I'm broke, you don't deserve to be with me when I'm better off.'' Simples!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 02, 2012
@IZUKWU, I say drop the skank you don't need a partner that does possess reasoning capabilities. Abi have you not heard what happened to Zenith Bank Manager Bankole(how he lost his wife to Car Salesman Lanre Shittu?). I don't know why guys are playing ostrich, if you're not enough for a girl now you will MOST LIKELY never be enough for her till you die. For me the rule is simple ''if you can't be with me when I'm broke, you don't deserve to be with me when I'm better off.'' Simples!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 8:19am On Mar 02, 2012
IZUKWU:

Kills, i wouldn't say i do not follow your line of arguement. But how do i keep in line the desires of my heart. What would you advice in this situation. For me ,its three years after youth service ,have been working and saving for my m.sc . So am on a very tight rope financially. But body no be wood,there is this girlfriend of mine. We have been on and off because according her ,am stingy why i refuse to spend more than 3k on her for a month. Once it has passed that ,she know she wouldn't get anything from me again. Since last month she has talking ,she want to enter school . Money to runs her o'level but i refuse to bulge. I know she has been talking with her ex  and he has promised to give her but for me. She is not my responsibility since her parents and brothers are there . And i have my own sister ,four of them at the present in the university with their demands. This girl keep telling me that she is am adult, that her parents take care of the younger ones and she should be the responsibility of her boyfriend,which i have vehemently refused to bear. These days i choose my expenses, i measure them,with an iron ruler.   
Well, this is an example of what i'm talking about. You have been working and saving for something else, and now you've drawn another problem to yourself when you are surely not ready for it! 3k is not enough for her in this case, but that's all you can provide at the moment, is that not bringing problems to the relationship? Would you say you are happy with this? To me, this is an insult. You have siblings needing your help, why don't you concentrate on them rather than a girl you are not married to, neither are you sure you'll marry her? But your motive should be brought to the fore as well. Why are you keeping her? Is it because body no be fire wood? I'll advise that you face your M.Sc, have a relationship but don't make it officially serious. If a relationship is not serious, i don't see how she'll make your giving her money a must! When you are balanced, you'll see that things will be a little easier for you.

Set your priorities, and stick to them. . .
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 8:38am On Mar 02, 2012
Adaeze003:

So i guess no love, relationship or marriage for the poor? In my opinion, there's no formula to this aspect of life. I know this because I've seen couples who started with little but with time things changed and now they can comfortably provide for their kids. On the other hand, the fact that you have a steady income now does not mean you'll have that for life so what if something happens and you lose your job? Will you expect her to stay with you?
Everyone deserves love as long as you are not expecting manner from above (lazy) things can change. smiley
When you say poor, what do you mean by poor? There should be no marriage for the Jobless. Does being poor mean Jobless? Couples that started little, did they start on nothing at all? If you have arranged your self and you feel you can start on a meager income fine. But don't you go into it without anything, hoping only on luck. When you have a steady income, you should realize that things can change since there's no condition that's permanent. How about saving for the rainy day? Would you blame me if you refuse to plan, and then you fail as a result of not planning? Everyone deserves love yes, but will love alone sustain you both? How about next time you are hungry, look down at you stomach and say "I love you". Lemme see if that hunger would abate. . . tongue All i'm saying is, DON'T go into a relationship when not prepared. . . Preparation = Money!

How are you? smiley
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by zerocool(m): 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
fresh_dude:

@fresh_dude, Thank you jare!

@Killz, there is a lot you still need to learn about love, money & relationships. I have a feeling with your mentality, you should be in your late teens or early twenties.

I'll advice you face your career and save your money, rather than spending on a gal (just to continue to win her heart).
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2012
^^^
You are wrong about the age, and your advice is the essence of this thread. You chose to misunderstand the point i was presenting. Cheers!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by jennygernale(f): 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
"MONEY CAN'T BUY LOVE'

I am mixed Filipino and Spanish 18 years old, I have dated a Lagosian guy (Yoruba) for 2 years who was married to an igbo woman
at the end my Ex bf HAD PROVEN TO ME TO ME THAT MONEY CAN'T BY LOVE BY HIM LEAVING ME,
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Adaeze003(f): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2012
~Killz~:

When you say poor, what do you mean by poor? There should be no marriage for the Jobless. Does being poor mean Jobless? Couples that started little, did they start on nothing at all? If you have arranged your self and you feel you can start on a meager income fine. But don't you go into it without anything, hoping only on luck. When you have a steady income, you should realize that things can change since there's no condition that's permanent. How about saving for the rainy day? Would you blame me if you refuse to plan, and then you fail as a result of not planning? Everyone deserves love yes, but will love alone sustain you both? How about next time you are hungry, look down at you stomach and say "I love you". Lemme see if that hunger would abate. . . tongue All i'm saying is, DON'T go into a relationship when not prepared. . . Preparation = Money!

How are you? smiley

you always have a good come back for everyone! smiley . I get it sha 'don't go in with nothing' like i said as far as you aint lazy things can change, And uhm I'm good! And i know you are too or am i wrong? smiley
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2012
^^^
Yeah i'm good. Are you on YIM? I deserve to chat with my birth mate. smiley
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by shadshadyz: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2012
seriously my opinion is money really matters in a relationship. Never date a broke ass whether male or female. Cause eventually when that ur partner is boxed up, they may dump ur broke ass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Gf Is Cheating On Me But I Just Can't Explode / Why Women Prefer To Have Sex At Night / Make I Post My Pictures,i Deh Find Wife Oh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.