Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

California On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / California On Fire (2927 Views)

Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR / Jonathan Enjoying Happily In California ,while Apc,buhar Zombies Queue For Fuel / Show The World Your Proof Of My $5m APC Mansion In California - Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2007
San Diego, California (CNN) -- Despite having 21 years experience as a firefighter, Arthur Jackson was shocked by what he saw Tuesday -- piles of smoking ash located next to houses in pristine condition in this San Diego suburb.

"It is just amazing how this fire selects whatever it wants and burns whatever it wants," he told CNN.

As utility workers focused on shutting off the flow of natural gas in the neighborhood, Jackson said he was focusing on keeping what's left intact.

"The priority now is to protect the houses they have," he said.

"There are a few hot spots that may not look like much, but might be right next to a house that has burned," Jackson said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/23/fire.firefighter/index.html
Re: California On Fire by almondjoy(f): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2007
That Malibu is cursed.  People will continue to rebuild and be set on fire. The same thing every year. Over half a million displaced residents.  Anyway they are the wealthy folks--time to collect some hefty insurance money.  Allstate and StateFarm should better be ready to pay up!
Re: California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2007
Its called a Billion dollar disaster. Its amazing how people come together during disaster to save and help one another.

Do we have a triage or agenda, process to follow in Nigeria if such a catastrophic event happen?
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2007
Why in the world would anyone be shocked that again , this year, there is another fire up that way?? I mean this is like an annual thing with that place. Should we be shocked that it is happening AGAIN?? or that Fire is burning in California AGAIN ?? I mean people who continually build in places like that scare me. How can you know all about that place and still build or move there 11 months of No fire a year is not enough for me to move to such a place.
Re: California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2007
Well its like trading your car in for a new model every 12 months.  Insurance will pay up and you have all new things, lol

State Farm and Allstate are in trouble.  They are used to collecting and not paying up.  payback time lol grin
Re: California On Fire by almondjoy(f): 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2007
Mamajama:

Its called a Billion dollar disaster. Its amazing how people come together during disaster to save and help one another.

Do we have a triage or agenda, process to follow in Nigeria if such a catastrophic event happen?

Yes!   OTOKOTO --businessmen and women ready to procure your organs for rituals in the nearest bushes of the "catastrophic" events! That is the Nigerian form of triage or agenda then the Nigerian Police Force will loot the rest of the property in the "triage" process! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Triage ko!  Triage ni!  Do we even have "ambulances"--what we have are wheelbarrows to carry mangled flesh!
Re: California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2007
oko_wo_obo

DAMn that was a cold response. lol
Re: California On Fire by almondjoy(f): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2007
oko_wo_obo:

Lier - the issue is - u can never afford to move there in your lifetime.

This is definitely the fake .davidylan or davidylan@yahoozee  In other words[b] Simply_Me!---Oboatioko[/b]  I thought as much!  Carry on! cheesy   Always shooting off points!  Thread thrasher!  Wa_do_Mi---I say carry come!  We are listening! wink
Re: California On Fire by omoge(f): 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2007
I read in Nigeria newspaper that JUJU caused the fire.
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2007
The ID is the very reason I felt it would make me a fool to answer his post. For the fact that he jumped to call me a liar proves there may be some form of low self esteem issue there that he is trying to push on me. Don't want his disease.

Here is the thing, I don't care how much insurance will pay me for the damage, all that stress?? Gosh, I don't think it will ever be worth it.
Re: California On Fire by almondjoy(f): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2007
Kobojunkie:

The ID is the very reason I felt it would make me a fool to answer his post. For the fact that he jumped to call me a liar proves there may be some form of low self esteem issue there that he is trying to push on me. Don't want his disease.

Here is the thing, I don't care how much insurance will pay me for the damage, all that stress?? Gosh, I don't think it will ever be worth it.

I see you are getting stronger by the day--not caving into the insult mongerers on Nairaland.  Good job! It is a highly contagious disease.

Well the insurance payments will go a long way to help the families to re-build and re-set on fire next year.  In Nigeria what kind of compensation do you have?  You are left penniless, homeless, depressed and yet with all the stress too.  So half the bread is better than nothing! Some compensation is better than no compensation.
Re: California On Fire by omoge(f): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2007
Think again, @ kobojunkie

with that new hummer and a new house? pls  grin
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2007
Not in my world. I purposely drive carefully, even though I know that I am will make a very good NASCAR driver easily, just so I can avoid stress. I mean I break under stress. I don't care how much Insurance money I will get, it ain't worth it. I remember a man said he was waiting for insurance money from an accident to pay for his car and he could get some money for a new gaming machine. This dude was in a car accident and he was sort of at fault but since he was covered he was good, in his own eyes. While this man was busy telling me of the many good things he could do with the insurance check, I could not help but wonder how a person in so much pain (a broken neck, leg and arms in cast) could be so focused on the money that may take months to get to him. All I could think was how I never wanted to find myself in his situation.
Re: California On Fire by OduduwaSon: 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2007
RE: California On Fire

So who the hell cares. Every year children in africa die in their millions because they cannot afford malaria injection (it costs something like 50 cents for this injection), and every year more die. They have no insurance or government emergency aid
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 2:05am On Oct 25, 2007
Do you know what the funniest part of this all??  In the same time it will take to rebuild and move all these people back to their homes and old lives, I am not sure much would have changed in Lagos alone, talk less of the whole of Nigeria embarassed

In a way, I can't help but thank God that this did not happen in NIgeria. IMagine what would have been the fate of the people if that had been the case?? Do we even have firefighters that would do quarter of what these dudes are doing out there in Californi
Re: California On Fire by babadee(m): 2:30am On Oct 25, 2007
OduduwaSon:

RE: California On Fire

So who the hell cares. Every year children in africa die in their millions because they cannot afford malaria injection (it costs something like 50 cents for this injection), and every year more die. They have no insurance or government emergency aid
Word!!!
Re: California On Fire by Amenhotep(m): 2:30am On Oct 25, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Do you know what the funniest part of this all??  In the same time it will take to rebuild and move all these people back to their homes and old lives, I am not sure much would have changed in Lagos alone, talk less of the whole of Nigeria embarassed

In a way, I can't help but thank God that this did not happen in NIgeria. IMagine what would have been the fate of the people if that had been the case?? Do we even have firefighters that would do quarter of what these dudes are doing out there in Californi

That is why God doesn't hit us with hefty natural disasters, we are already in a disatrous state.
Re: California On Fire by Jakumo(m): 6:22am On Oct 25, 2007
Global warming is depriving California of what little precipitation it enjoyed in the past, such that every one of the past ten years has been progressively drier than the previous one, with the result that forest fires get worse with each passing year.

It is humbling to realize that despite all the technological advances man has made so far, the weather has remained impervious to all human attempts at modification.   My prediction is that quite a few areas of Southern California and Montana will be rendered uninhabitable in the coming decades due to this intensifying and perennial fire risk.  The amount of water needed to keep all that vegetation moist is simply beyond the capacity of any canal or aqueduct system of water delivery.
Re: California On Fire by linapeace(f): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2007
oh is very devastating, i just pity for them all. PLS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO POST A TOPIC TO GENERAL PLSSSSS
Re: California On Fire by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2007
hmnn, lets see the arnold in action, or were those his movie stunts all fake, cmon arnold grin
Re: California On Fire by amaikama(m): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2007
I wish tu-pac was here. he would have made a song for them. it just unfortunate! cry cry
Re: California On Fire by choco4life(m): 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2007
Watched the fire on CNN and felt so sorry forthose rndered homeless
Re: California On Fire by Mystique(f): 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2007
amaikama:

I wish tu-pac was here. he would have made a song for them. it just unfortunate! cry cry

What's that got to do with anything. . .??
Re: California On Fire by tboy1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2007
amaikama:

grin grin LOL-that was really funny.What kind of song will he sing?
Re: California On Fire by Amenhotep(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2007
choco4life:

Watched the fire on CNN and felt so sorry forthose rndered homeless

Oh please don't feel sorry for them OH! Just say thank God loss of life was minimal, but don't feel sorry for them. They are financially okay, plus insurance dey, and because most of the residents there are white or rich, government go dey, so don't feel sorry for them, its just a renovation they get each year whether they like it or not.
Re: California On Fire by Seun(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2007
There's nothing wrong with feeling sorry for them. At least, feel sorry for their unfortunate children who didn't get to choose where they'll be living.
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2007
Amenhotep:

That is why God doesn't hit us with hefty natural disasters, we are already in a disatrous state.

Please do not bank on that. We are instead to prepare for such. If God could allow those poor people affected in 2005 tsunami that took hundreds of thousands to deal with such, I say no nation/people have any excuse not to be ready for disaster in this world we live in today. Remember the fire in greece a couple of months ago??
Re: California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2007
Some of this people in Nigeria are so shallow minded. People are homeless and sleeping in a damn stadium piling up like sardine, and some people here ridiculing their situation.

Did of you see the children's displaced? What joy or satisfaction do we derive from celebrating another persons misfortune?

God will bless us all and hope we don't ever experience what this people are going through.
Re: California On Fire by amaikama(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2007
mamajama! no one is mocking them in their misfortune here. we are all making comment to ease each others feeling on what is happening to them over their. not that we enjoy seeing another human being suffering.
Re: California On Fire by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2007
tboy1:

i think it will be, [size=1pt]baba mi wajo , lesekese[/size]  grin
Re: California On Fire by Bankole01(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2007
tboy1:

NO amount of money can replace memories lost. Photo albums of your children, dead parents and other family and friends, lost forever. Insuarance can never replace these. In an insurance loss, they only pay for the repalcement value of the home plus a certain amount for fixtures and personal property. Most times, you get a lot less tham you have invested over the long hual of staying in the home. Intrinsic values have replacement cost. Family heirlooms and others are lost for ever. Unless it is insured and specically scheduled and photographed, personal property not listed is un-recoverable! Insurance is not a ticket to get riched quick schemes! The process of getting paid is long and painful.
Re: California On Fire by almondjoy(f): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2007
Bankole01:

NO amount of money can replace memories lost. Photo albums of your children, dead parents and other family and friends, lost forever. Insuarance can never replace these. In an insurance loss, they only pay for the repalcement value of the home plus a certain amount for fixtures and personal property.

Most times, you get a lot less tham you have invested over the long hual of staying in the home. Intrinsic values have replacement cost. Family heirlooms and others are lost for ever. Unless it is insured and specically scheduled and photographed, personal property not listed is un-recoverable! Insurance is not a ticket to get riched quick schemes! The process of getting paid is long and painful.

At least it is something! What can any system in Nigeria do to help you cope with this type of disaster except contributions from "church members"?

Latest Update: Arsonists suspected in the Malibu Blaze of Glory Or Towering Inferno---------------------Yahooooozee! wink Insurance scam? or Just satanic agents? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Politics Of Marginalization In Nigeria / Is The Nigerian National Assembly Above The Law? / El-rufai Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Jonathan,says Buhari Was The Best.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.