Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,325 members, 7,850,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

California On Fire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / California On Fire (2930 Views)

Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR / Jonathan Enjoying Happily In California ,while Apc,buhar Zombies Queue For Fuel / Show The World Your Proof Of My $5m APC Mansion In California - Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California On Fire by seun001(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2007
hmmm,
i dont think nigeria is ready for emergency of any type.
do u know that some people have not been settled over their losses of the ikeja cantonment mishap.money was also arbitrarily disbursed and on a few occasions the papers have raised alarm over embezzelment.though we do have amn emergency outfit but they are almost non-functional.

though recently i was impressed by the activities of the red cross in nigeria but we certainly are not ready for a disaster of such magnitude.
Re: California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2007
Should this happening in California be a wake up call for Nigerian government to have a plan and strategy ready in place in case something like this happen?
Re: California On Fire by Jakumo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2007
Now that arson is suspected in at least one of the Southern California fires, I suppose there is no harm in airing my silent fear that terrorists may have tried to capitalize on the annual 3-week long Santa Ana Winds, that blow with varying intensity from late October until early November, to ignite infernos that were intended to destroy huge expanses of American real estate using cheap matches as the weapon of choice.
Re: California On Fire by Sweetaura1(f): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2007
This is very very pathetic, insurance or no insurance. Have you EVER imagined having a home this minute and the next minute you're homeless. Or watching your house go up in flames. If there's anything I'm scared of, it's fire.

I once survived a plane crash in Nigeria where about 20 passengers died. The first firefighting vehicle that came to the airport had no water, our saving Grace was that it was raining. I was really amazed when I saw helicopters fetching water from the ocean to put out fire in San Diego on CNN yesterday.

We have to be grateful and thankful to God for not  having such natural disasters experienced in the Western world.
Re: California On Fire by MoOdYLaDy(f): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2007
@Sweet_aura

Ferlie why are you feeding us liessssssssssss
Re: California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2007
What are the lies? that she survive airplane crash or helicopters fetching water from the ocean ?

This is America.
Re: California On Fire by Amenhotep(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2007
MoOdYLaDy:

@Sweet_aura

Ferlie why are you feeding us liessssssssssss

Man you people never cease 2 make me laugh on nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin She could be telling the truth, which if she is, then she should count herself blessed with long life coz I've never met a plane crash survivor, especially naija ones shocked shocked shocked shocked

Still those people in california no get problem jare, they get disaster once a year (at least that means once a year they remember God), africans and those wey dey naija, just dey suffer shamelessly day in day out. If natural disaster doesn't hit them, they still face the police who rob them everyday, then after the police have robbed them, the armed robbers will now come rob them again, if you're lucky to be able to afford hospital then you might not be so lucky with the doctors because if the armed robbers and police did not kill you, then the doctor will take a shot at it. If you're lucky to escape the hospital alive (without them leaving any knives or forks in your stomach or injecting you to paralysis), then pray you get from the hospital back to your house without getting caught up in a religious riot along the way. If you're taking a taxi or public transport to and from the hospital, count yourself lucky if you don't find yourself being kidnapped by the taxi driver to do juju with your head and balls, but if you happen to survive all that, then pray that nepa (I believe they're PHCN now) does not finish you off by providing mosquitos with the right conditions to suck you to death - darkness. And after all this, where do you go to report anything? Where do you go for compensation? Which government official you want go cry to? infact if you come out and don't have money, you'll now be regarded as crazy. And you guys are all getting sentimental with California? Fair enough, nobody likes disasters but most people here have been abroad too long and have no clue wata gwan in L'Afrique.

Peace!
Re: California On Fire by Sweetaura1(f): 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2007
@ Mamajama,

Thanks, I wonder what she meant by lies.

@ MoOdyLady,

Since you didn't mention which is a lie, I hope this explains it better:

1. I survived a plane crash in 1995. It was a HARKA plane from Kaduna to Lagos.

2. If you've been following the California fire on CNN you would have seen the helicopters fetching water from the sea. My
family stay in LA and I've been hooked on to CNN since the fire started. Satisfied?
Re: California On Fire by seun001(m): 7:29am On Oct 26, 2007
Sweet_aura:

I survived a plane crash in 1995. It was a HARKA plane from Kaduna to Lagos.

u are a very lucky mama for surviving a plane crash in nigeria.cos so many peeps had died after plane crashes in nigeria just because there was no rapid response to an emergency.am wondering if u changed ur name to LUCKY or something close to it.
Re: California On Fire by denex: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2007
All these Oyibo people should stop deceiving themselves and trying to deceive others. They just like putting up a show as if they are God yet ordinary fire, they cannot put off.

Now when they are completely helpless, they blame somebody to hide their incompetence.

When the Greek fires were on for weeks and they couldn't do much, they started blaming arsonists. Now in the USA, they've tried and they've finally decided to blame arsonists too. They should put off the fires first and let us hear word.

If the fires were to be in Lagos, they will be covering it with glee and they will link it with Government corruption and incompetence, backwardness, hunger and starvation, civil war and poverty.

They should do what needs doing and bring things under control. They should seek help from Canada, Brazil and Mexico if they know they can't do it alone. But no unnecessary trading of blame that will not put of the fires. It's rubbish.

And please people should not tell us how to feel when such things happen. When we had a small flooding in Lagos, Westerners were treating the issue as if they had been waiting for it eagerly.
Re: California On Fire by chiegemba(f): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2007
Mamajama:

Should this happening in California be a wake up call for Nigerian government to have a plan and strategy ready in place in case something like this happen?

"Could happen any where"!!!
Re: California On Fire by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2007
I read from page 1 and wanted to say "where is denex"?
and he didn't dissapoint.
he loves these American disaster threads.

Last time a plane crashed at an airport in PH,didn't people pace up and down shouting ewo ewo with their hands on their heads and poor little high school kids burnt to death before their parent's eyes.

At least here we see how fire fighters are working day and night to contain the disaster.
If it were in Nigeria,people may have been scrambling for the goats and namas roasted in the path of the fires grin grin
Re: California On Fire by almondjoy(f): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2007
nwando:

I read from page 1 and wanted to say "where is denex"?
and he didn't dissapoint.
he loves these American disaster threads.

Last time a plane crashed at an airport in PH,didn't people pace up and down shouting ewo ewo with their hands on their heads and poor little high school kids burnt to death before their parent's eyes.

At least here we see how fire fighters are working day and night to contain the disaster.
If it were in Nigeria,people may have been scrambling for the goats and namas roasted in the path of the fires grin grin

Ah-ah!  Where you dey since? shocked  Abi Nairaland don tire you? grin Ok!  I "satisfy" now! Just checking on you! kiss

Yes oh! "goats and namas"--------------Happy Ramadan!
Re: California On Fire by Mamajama(m): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2007
DENEX your response is idiotic and ridiculous. We have 100% electricity in the state and if you have access to CNN. you will know in AMERICA we have serious investigator. you can not commit a crime in the state and escape. we will exhaust all avenues to investigate.

Currently. The detectives, and looking for Cigarette butts to examine for DNA

They are also looking at all police dash board cameras within the vicinity to pin point people.

Lightning and electric pole malfunctions have been ruled out.

They are also looking at all cameras and satellites image around the location where the fire started. Stay tune and we will inform you of the discoveries.
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2007
Mamajama:

DENEX your response is idiotic and ridiculous. We have 100% electricity in the state and if you have access to CNN. you will know in AMERICA we have serious investigator. you can not commit a crime in the state and escape. we will exhaust all avenues to investigate.

Currently. The detectives, and looking for Cigarette butts to examine for DNA

They are also looking at all police dash board cameras within the vicinity to pin point people.

Lightning and electric pole malfunctions have been ruled out.

They are also looking at all cameras and satellites image around the location where the fire started. Stay tune and we will inform you of the discoveries.

thank you for reading my mind, I was going to spend time typing out the work being done by detectives who actually work on such, but then I had to consider my precious time, I did't think it was worth wasting.
Re: California On Fire by denex: 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2007
RUBBISH! Cigarette butts and DNA in this kind of inferno? It's like looking for a hydrogen atom in haystack.

If they are so technologically advanced, they should have put off the fire a long time ago.

The same thing happened in Greece when their incapacity was becoming an international embarrassment, they blame terrorists.
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Oct 27, 2007
I don't even know how to approach that reasoning with a stick if I had to,  could you please do it?? @Mamajamma  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

http://www.interfire.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_investigation

http://www.efiinfo.com/

http://www.nafi921.com/about.htm
Re: California On Fire by chidichris(m): 5:27am On Oct 27, 2007
mamajama,
the WE u are using here makes u an american right?
i am for the first time seeing you been positive about america and what they can do and at the same time questioning the ability of nigerian government over times like this.
did you not hear that a collapse building in nigeria held people hostage for weeks?
all the same, if you are beginning to reason from your brains, then glory be to God.
if you have changed from asking us where is the evidence, then new things are beginning to happen as you can see the evidence of america in their response to emergency situations.
before i forget, i hope you are not affected by the fire? again, do let us know ur city in the usa as most of us are yet to believe you are there.
Re: California On Fire by slimes(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2007
During the time of flooding in New Jersey, US govt didn't give a damn about them. No thanks to Bush since it was blacks that were involved. Now it's the whites turn and he is so much troubled for them. I think the Whites should take care of themselves. i don't pity them.
Re: California On Fire by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2007
slimes:

During the time of flooding in New Jersey, US govt didn't give a damn about them. No thanks to Bush since it was blacks that were involved. Now it's the whites turn and he is so much troubled for them. I think the Whites should take care of themselves. i don't pity them.

You just LIED big time. Where in New Jersey do you live to claim that the US govt didn't give a damn?? @Slimes. People in New Jersey in the flooded area where not mostly Blacks at all and the flood extended to where I live here. The Government did a good job up North and down south with the floods. Unless you can provide me evidence to show otherwise, I say you LIED and you are open to prove me wrong @Slimes. Why in the world do you need to make this a race issue by pumping in a lie or two??

http://www.njflood.org/

JEEEZZZZZZ

Another word for you, many of those affected by the fires happen to be mexicans
Re: California On Fire by Horus(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2007
Babylon is burning !!
Re: California On Fire by seun001(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2007
hey,it aint easy to control a fire
Re: California On Fire by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 30, 2007
almondjoy:

Ah-ah!  Where you dey since? shocked  Abi Nairaland don tire you? grin Ok!  I "satisfy" now! Just checking on you! kiss

Yes oh! "goats and namas"--------------Happy Ramadan!

How can?
I've been "busy" wink
Re: California On Fire by almondjoy(f): 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2007
nwando:

How can?
I've been "busy" wink

Okay! Welcome back. You were mizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed!!!! kiss
Re: California On Fire by MP007(m): 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2007
mehn! It was just scary . I saw the news on FOX news, lord have mercy o jare

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Over For Hillary Clinton? / Police Need N2,500 To Feed Each Dog Per Day / Police Detain Pdp, Inec Staff Caught Tampering With Inec Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.