Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,010 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:58 AM

Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell (20883 Views)

Why We Can’t Recover Funds Looted By Alison-madueke, Others — Presidency / Obasanjo And Buhari While Commissioning Warri Refinery In 1978 (Photo) / Dangote Secures $4.25 Billion Loan To Build Refinery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by debosky(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
all4naija:

Refineries worldwide mostly run at a loss, says the Shell servant. Yet many refineries are being built by Indians.If you know about what refineries and petrochemical companies can do you wont deny the fact they are profiting in many ways.

Give me the names of the refineries they sold world wide?

Shell has sold ALL of its UK refineries, so has BP, and even Chevron is trying to sell its refineries in the UK as well, so what are you talking about?

Have you heard about the refining company called Petroplus in Europe that recently went bankrupt and almost had to close its refineries? Have you heard about the number of refinery closures in the US, especially on the East Coast?

Idle talk with no awareness of reality.

The people building refineries in India are largely Indian multinational companies like Essar Oil or Reliance, not foreign companies like Shell. Why can't we build our own refineries instead of waiting for Shell to do so for us? They are not interested in refining and should be free to decide what business they want to invest in.

If you feel Shell is not giving you the best terms, then negotiate with other IOCs that may be interested in building refineries and make that a requirement of their contracts.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by kodewrita(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2012
ckkris:

@kodwrita
The grouses are:
1. Refine in Nigeria and create jobs.
2. Save cost of shipment out of Nigeria and back.
3. Let the multiplier effect be Nigeria, like taxes, etc.
4. Stop demurrage for ships.
5. National security.

great list ckkris but why should any private company be tasked with any of those. Your government should be responsible for once.

If you dont want demurrage for ships, a presidential order to that effect can be issued to the customs service. we can give preferential treatment to fuel importers if that is a factor or build special offloading platforms for them separate from our busy ports.

You build your refinery. If you dont have the skills, get indians or preferably chinese to build a turnkey refinery for you on B.O.T(Build Operate Transfer) or simply build and operate basis. An indian company is managing Eleme Petrochemicals and Nigeria is now making billions from it ( we did not make that in years of NNPC being in full charge).

Face the facts and move forward.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by AZeD1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
debosky:

Shell has sold ALL of its UK refineries, so has BP, and even Chevron is trying to sell its refineries in the UK as well, so what are you talking about?

Have you heard about the refining company called Petroplus in Europe that recently went bankrupt and almost had to close its refineries? Have you heard about the number of refinery closures in the US, especially on the East Coast?

Idle talk with no awareness of reality.

The people building refineries in India are largely Indian multinational companies like Essar Oil or Reliance, not foreign companies like Shell. Why can't we build our own refineries instead of waiting for Shell to do so for us? They are not interested in refining and should be free to decide what business they want to invest in.

If you feel Shell is not giving you the best terms, then negotiate with other IOCs that may be interested in building refineries and make that a requirement of their contracts.
Good bless you.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by GeneralGEJ: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by blacksta(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
Very sad day for Nigeria -  Yet people will still vote for PDP.   

I live close to the Petroplus Refinery   - I was shocked when i heard it is going bankrupt "  I wandered , with so many cars on the road , how does a  refinery go bust" .  Now i understand very clearly when shell says it is not in the business  of building or running refineries
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
^
Was it not you fighting bitterly for subsidies? Some of you are funny folk indeed.
Subsidies kill refineries. It is what we drummed into you guys ears, but mbanu! Una no wan hia! Now you are foolishly blaming political parties that will rule us for umpteen years, because there is no alternative. Its a fools paradise.

jp philips: @ all4naija.

i love your ambition but i can authoritatively tell you that shell is not directly responsible for the spill in the delta, if you dont understand, you ask people in pipeline operations to tell you exactly who is culpable.

the last time a shell pipeline exploded on its own causing spill was more than 5yrs ago, we recorded cases of leaking well heads which is inconsequential to the Bp example you gave above.

shell runs an integrated pipeline integrity assesment every month with one of the best contractors in the world, these contractors have the most advanced intelligent tools that scans those pipelines on 5 yr basis while cleaning and cathodic protection contractors work on monthly basis runing pigging tools, chemical injection and cathodic protection.

shell uses Rosen and TDW for pipeline intelligent inspection while they employ Nalco chemicals for corrosion control, these contractors are very reputable in europe and america and they do a very good job for shell.

what else do you want?

when mend blows up a 24" pipeline transporting 40,000bbls of crude daily, what do you expect? rhe crude will disappear?

sail through, ekulama 1 to odioma, awoba, krakamar, bile and belema and see what "kpo fire" boys are doing in connivance with jtf, tomorrow, you expect shell to clean it for you?

nonsense!!!!!

The worst thing any man can be is a slave in his own mind. That is what you are.
Nobody praises Shell the way you just did. There are even International human rights organisations like Greenpeace, Amnesty International, Friends of the Earth etc who have incredibly scathing things to say about Shells operations in Nigeria. But I guess a slave will always be a slave,  unsurprisingly, in an earlier post, you called the Niger Deltans "bingo's." You might think you are ventilating fury, but you really are ventilating low-self-esteem that makes you look ridiculous. We understand your type.

We will not take nonsense from foreign exploiters.

If Shell cannot build a refinery, then let them pack up and leave. cool
We have already forced them off most of their onshore operations which have been sold off. They need to pack out of Nigeria (and with love so strong, you can go with them whenever they leave).
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by sunny2011: 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2012
This reason is not tenable. Shell is making so much from exploration and are not ready to give back to d society.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2012
I scream on the government. So, I don't understand why you are also exempting Shell that is contributing to the problem as well. They admit they will fix the environment and what have they done about it. I don't buy that idea of lopsidedness - Shell and the corrupt leaders are of the same clique!

B[i]a[/i]ng on point!
We didn't get where we are today by accident. It is what decades of foreign exploition in collution with corrupt govts has wrought on us. Why anyone would go out on a limb to exonorate Shell while selling their own kids is at best, a mystery.

The decades of error have to be erased, and its got to start now. That the govt has neglected our refining capacity through the decades is a totally different kettle of fish from asking the biggest oil operators to add refining to their business. That will only ensure that all players have a full chain from production to finished goods, which is what sets developing countries apart from developed ones.

Any firm that feels it cannot deliver a full chain is not fit to drill oil or do other business with us. The full chain is a requirement in the PIB that we must enforce.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by otokx(m): 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2012
We should try and read in between the lines; the bros said that our landing cost of petrol is too high and that with the availability of many refineries we can get a good bargain if we so desire. The truth be told is that our politicians know this but are busy setting it high so as to make demonic profits.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by kulutempa: 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
debosky:

How has he insulted your intelligence? When you find it difficult to comprehend a simple article. He has said it is not in Shell's interest to build a refinery because it's refinery portfolio is too big and needs to be reduced, not that it would be cheaper/more expensive for Nigeria to refine locally. What he is saying in essence is that if you want to refine you better get your act together and do it YOURSELVES.

@Debosky,  you have just shown that you are the one with the comprehension difficulty and a perfect example of the Nigerian educated illiterate.   Here is what  the man said again:

“I think there are a lot of opportunities for Nigeria and for Shell in Nigeria and the potential much more than to consider refining.’’

Was he only talking about Shell's interests there?  And who is he to tell us what our best interests are?  That is the insult to our intelligence and the patronising attitude towards Nigerians which you, in your self delusion of intellectual greatness, failed to see.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Revolutnz: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
I still can't understand why we are blaming these foreigners. They are here to make money for themselves and create jobs for their own people by building refineries in their home countries This is the question we ought to ask ourselves, Is there any major oil producing country in the world without functioning refineries that can atleast cater for their daily need?

If we refine our daily fuel consumption 100% locally like Libya does, we can even fix the price of petrol to as low as N20 per litre. Afterall, as at 2011,  Nigeria produced 2.2 million barrels per day of which 2.1 million barrels were exported.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Abagworo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2012
@beaf. On whose side are you? Shell or Nigerians?

All these Shell apologist should dare come to the streets of Port Harcourt and tell us these crap and see if they'll live to tell more.

Shell should build refineries and operate at loss. If not they should leave our oil.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by sheyguy: 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2012
The reason shell is selling off their refineries is the high cost of running them. That's why countries like india, china with low cost of labour and the required technological know how are the once delving into it.
Whereas, in Nigeria, they get too much profits from exploration and production already.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by AZeD1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2012
Abagworo:

All these Shell apologist should dare come to the streets of Port Harcourt and tell us these crap and see if they'll live to tell more.

Shell should build refineries and operate at loss. If not they should leave our oil.
Dude forget about Shell. Has Chevron, Mobil and other Oil companies operating in Nigeria built any in refinery here in Nigeria that you guys are clamouring kick shell out?
How about you guys clamour for NNPC to do its work and become an Oil company instead of pdp's Bank.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by kodewrita(m): 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
Abagworo:

Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by cap28: 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

The worst thing any man can be is a slave in his own mind. That is what you are.
Nobody praises Shell the way you just did. There are even International human rights organisations like Greenpeace, Amnesty International, Friends of the Earth etc who have incredibly scathing things to say about Shells operations in Nigeria. But I guess a slave will always be a slave,  unsurprisingly, in an earlier post, you called the Niger Deltans "bingo's." You might think you are ventilating fury, but you really are ventilating low-self-esteem that makes you look ridiculous. We understand your type.

We will not take nonsense from foreign exploiters.

If Shell cannot build a refinery, then let them pack up and leave. cool
We have already forced them off most of their onshore operations which have been sold off. They need to pack out of Nigeria (and with love so strong, you can go with them whenever they leave).

HAHAHAHA !!! I CAN'T BELEIVE WHAT I'M READING FROM SLAVE EXTRAORDINAIRE AKA BEAF!!! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED YOUR ENSLAVERS - HAVE YOU AWOKEN FROM YOUR COMA

Do you really think in your delusional mind that GEJ has the power to ask Shell to leave nigeria??

no seriously - do you?

remember how many months back you were laughing your arse off over the demise of africa's only true leader - Muammar Qadaffi ?  do you remember how you thought it was so thrilling that Libya was invaded and razed to the ground by european terrorist militas aka NATO?

Did you ask yourself why Qadaffi was so hated by the west- did  you know that Qadaffi ordered the british and american oil companies out of libya incurring their wrath which subsequently resulted in the imposition of a no fly zone and a terrible aerial bombardment over libya - now do you think that shameless coward who voted in favour of this same no fly zone over libya will now turn around and start giving orders to these same people?

you must be smoking crack.

keep deceiving yourself

By the way Shell OWNS NIGERIA not the other way around - the buck stops with them -  Shell gave the order ffor kEN Saro Wiwa to be killed and Abacha complied or else he would have been overthrown.

there is nothing GEJ can do about it - if you dont like it -there is only one way out - revolution - but 99% of nigerians are cowards and can never fight for their rights no matter how much suffering they are forced to pass through.

good luck hoping on GEJ - slaves do not bite the fingers that helped them in to power unless they want to become martyrs - which GEJ definitely will never be.

long live Muammar Qadaffi - the only african leader who almost succeeded in defeating american and european hegemony over africa and its natural resources.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2012
^
Dude, please don't quote me, because you are impressively stup!d. A fool who thinks there are men on the Moon.

@topic.
Who cares if Shell is selling their refineries all over the World? How is that Nigeria's business?
Nigeria can only look out for her interest, which at this point is more refineries. If we are making it part of the rules for oil majors in the PIB, then Shell had better get used to it now or leave.

For those singing about Indian companies building refineries in India, they should go sing the same tune to the likes of Oando, who are only interested in collecting subsidies and so will only benefit if we keep importing fuel (which is the deal the #Occupy clowns fought for).
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by jpphilips(m): 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
@ all 4naija

i think i have to end this arguement because it is becoming an insult,
who told you shell fed me the information im giving you?
make no mistakes, most shell employees dont have this info unless you wk with the CRO's, production or legal depts,
i speak as a man whose feet is kiss1ng the nigerdelta soil and you say shell told me?

i have been to the affected communities, inverviewed the victims and they told me the truth in favour of shell.

the guy that posted the nembe spill on page 4, may be there at this moment but it might interest you to note that i left there july last year beside nembe 2 flow station spread to nembe 1 and i saw it my self and the people responsible are not shell but " kpo fire" cum jtf. that sh1t has been there since last year, you can imagine how many times shell might have blocked it but the guys wont rest.

tomorrow, they will come to shell for compensation and clean up. shell is operating in your backyard in Nigeria not the moon, the least you can do is shut ur system, dust ur ar5e and go see things for your self, the communities are not as hostile as the media present them, interact and get your facts.

i hate it when you talk about shell and mention the interest of the Nigerian people, they are quite contradictory, shell is not responsible for The interest of the Nigerian people but your govt who has a higher stake in the jv agreement that brought them in the first place.

beaf want you to blame shell for the incompetence of the clueless administration he is working for.

did buhari ask shell to help him build the omes odechukwu cannot maintain? was shell not there then?.

beat comes here with mouth odour to foul the forum with lies upon lies and when the reality faces him, he buries his head in the sand,

didnt you read what ekt_bear wrote? is it not what is facing us?

jonathan's economic team is a disaster, they are more clueless than jona himmself,

madueke said five refineries are on the way, i looked at some factors and said it is not possible, beaf came and basking like an irritated mosquito, we didnt know that their mission was to BEG shell to build the refineries.

why was the mad rush to remove pet. subsidy when neither the palliatives nor the investment plan could be achieved.
beaf deserves to be stonned to death for decieving gullible Nigerians from April till date.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Abagworo(m): 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2012
A-ZeD:

Dude forget about Shell. Has Chevron, Mobil and other Oil companies operating in Nigeria built any in refinery here in Nigeria that you guys are clamouring kick shell out?
How about you guys clamour for NNPC to do its work and become an Oil company instead of pdp's Bank.

Yes all of you are inclusive. If I were the FG I will remove the burden of subsidy from the masses and Government and place it on Oil "exploitation" companies like Shell, Chevron, Mobil etc. The subsidy will be shared according to their individual share of the "exploitation".

Pardon me for using the more appropriate word in place of "exploration".
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by AZeD1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

^
Was it not you fighting bitterly for subsidies? Some of you are funny folk indeed.
Subsidies kill refineries. It is what we drummed into you guys ears, but mbanu! Una no wan hia! Now you are foolishly blaming political parties that will rule us for umpteen years, because there is no alternative. Its a fools paradise.

I never knew petrol subsides were introduced in europe.  Hmmm no wonder Petroplus went bankrupt. No wonder Exxon, chevron and bp have sold most of their stakes in refineries.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2012
A-ZeD:

GEJ happened to be meeting with Shell, thats why their case came up. It will be the same with other oil players.
As for NNPC, I am tired of explaining to NLers how that works. It was never set up to build refineries, rather, it was set up to make the pillaging and exploitation of Nigeria by the likes of Shell smooth and easy.

NNPC is due to be broken up like PHCN. Hopefully, that will begin to happen this year or next. One of the resulting companies will be a true oil company that is built to make profits (not run on subsidies), that company will be able to compete with the likes of Shell and even go drill oil and build refineries in foreign countries like any real oil company can do.

We have had oil for half a century, but we have laid back to be milked and ra'ped by foreigners. Until recently, we had to go to the likes of Shell to tell us how much oil we had drilled for the day.
Such enslavement in our own land absolutely cannot continue. angry
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by cap28: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

^
Dude, please don't quote me, because you are impressively stup!d. A fool who thinks there are men on the Moon.

@topic.
Who cares if Shell is selling their refineries all over the World? How is that Nigeria's business?
Nigeria can only look out for her interest, which at this point is more refineries. If we are making it part of the rules for oil majors in the PIB, then Shell had better get used to it now or leave.

For those singing about Indian companies building refineries in India, they should go sing the same tune to the likes of Oando, who are only interested in collecting subsidies and so will only benefit if we keep importing fuel (which is the deal the #Occupy clowns fought for).

You are a dumbarse!!!

how can Goodluck Jonathan dictate to one of the most powerful multinationals in the world when his election campaign was funded by america and britain?  why are you such a fool?

do you think they put him in office for the fun of it?

the entire west african region is now fully under the control of america and britain - Ouattara is ECOWAS chairman and all west african countries are headed up by western controlled puppets - china that is actually doing something positive for africa ie building infrastructure and giving interest free loans are about to be completely forced out of africa.

I thought you loved the west - Shell are more powerful than any western govt - western govts take orders from shell not the other way round and yet in your porous brain you actually think puppet GEJ can give orders to one of the most powerful multinationals in the world - have you heard of the phrase educated illiterate?

go and take an international relations course cos you are in dire need of it.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
A-ZeD:

I never knew petrol subsides were introduced in europe.  Hmmm no wonder Petroplus went bankrupt. No wonder Exxon, chevron and bp have sold most of their stakes in refineries.

Daft.

If you wish to look out for the welfare of Europeans, I don't. The term for such, is low self-esteem.
I am only interested in Nigeria's interest. Which at this point is that oil major oil players in our land MUST build refineries to run a full chain from production to finished goods. If they cannot comply then they can stuff their custom and head for your beloved Europe.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by AZeD1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

Daft.

If you wish to look out for the welfare of Europeans, I don't. The term for such, is low self-esteem.
I am only interested in Nigeria's interest. Which at this point is that oil major oil players in our land MUST build refineries to run a full chain from production to finished goods. If they cannot comply then they can stuff their custom and head for your beloved Europe.
MUMU
I unlike you would never blame foreigners for the woos of Nigeria. That blames goes to my Government.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2012
jp philips:

why was the mad rush to remove pet. subsidy when neither the palliatives nor the investment plan could be achieved.
beaf deserves to be stonned to death for decieving gullible Nigerians from April till date.

Your family deserves to be stoned to death for their mental slavery. Why don't you ask Shell for a passport so that you can become a Shell citizen to sell your own people who you call "bingo's?"
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by cap28: 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

GEJ happened to be meeting with Shell, thats why their case came up. It will be the same with other oil players.
As for NNPC, I am tired of explaining to NLers how that works. It was never set up to build refineries, rather, it was set up to make the pillaging and exploitation of Nigeria by the likes of Shell smooth and easy.

NNPC is due to be broken up like PHCN. Hopefully, that will begin to happen this year or next. One of the resulting companies will be a true oil company that is built to make profits (not run on subsidies), that company will be able to compete with the likes of Shell and even go drill oil and build refineries in foreign countries like any real oil company can do.

We have had oil for half a century, but we have laid back to be milked and ra'ped by foreigners. Until recently, we had to go to the likes of Shell to tell us how much oil we had drilled for the day.
Such enslavement in our own land absolutely cannot continue. angry

you deserve to be in the guiness book of records for being the world's biggest fool.

do you not understand that GEJ and Shell are in cahoots?

do you not understand that Shell are so powerful they can actually have GEJ overthrown if he fails to comply with their orders?

do you not understand that every single military coup in nigeria has been funded, aided and abetted by shell BP ?

How can GEJ defend nigeria's interests  against multinational corporations like shell, chevron, eni etc when these same corporations in collaboration with their own govts were responsible for the complete destruction of iraq and libya and are about to launch an attack on another oil rich naiton - iran ?

do  you have a brain at all?

nigeria can not defend itself against NATO - okay - NATO is the military arm of american and european multinational corporations - failure to comply with foreign IOC's results in military attack from NATO - AM I GETTING THROUGH TO YOU YET?

Iran unlike nigeria can defend itself and this is why america and europe have not attacked her yet, but they will.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
^
Lol! Dude, why not just go take your medicine? You really sound madder than usual.

A-ZeD:

MUMU
I unlike you would never blame foreigners for the woos of Nigeria. That blames goes to my Government.

Keep blaming your govt even when they take the right steps and think you sound clever. You just sound like a humble licker of white arse.
Grow some self confidence, oyinbo people are not gods.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by cap28: 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

Daft.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I CANT BELEIVE BEAF HAS MADE A COMPLETE 360 degree U TURN ON HIS LOVE FOR EUROPEANS AND AMERICANS -  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BUT DUMBO YOU NEED TO REALISE THAT A SLAVE MASTER IS NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF DOING BUSINESS THAT DOES NOT BENEFIT HIM - i therefore find it puzzling that you still have not grasped the basic fact that Shell BP are in nigeria to exploit and amass stupendous wealth - go and read up on their history -go and read up on their activities around the world and find out how the Iranians checkmated them in 1979 with the overtrhow of the Shah of Iran and the Iranian revolution.

They have never forgiven the Iranians for that, this is why they are staging a major attack on them in collaboration with their puppet Israel.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by Beaf: 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2012
^
What a sad psychiatric case. cry cry cry cry
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by cap28: 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
Beaf:

^
What a sad psychiatric case. cry cry cry cry

most illiterates fall back on ad hominem remarks when they can't defend their arguments.

Beaf - not too long ago you were rejoicing over an unprovoked attack on an oil rich african nation by europe and america - remember how you laughed deliriously when america used their "hell fire missiles" to kill and maim africa's most courageous son Muammar Qadaffi whose only crime was to fight to prevent his country from becoming a neo colonial cess pit like nigeria.

today those criminals whose feet you were kissing are now giving you shi.t to eat. why not suck it up and eat the shi.t?

Libya was the first stop being the country with africa's largest oil reserves.

nigeria is now no 2 - but since GEJ has already been paid off to sell out his own country the only thing the europeans and americans are doing to you now is reducing you to perpetual poverty - while they carrry on looting, ra.ping and degrading your environment all because they want to remain at the top of the totem pole.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by debosky(m): 2:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
kulutempa:

@Debosky,  you have just shown that you are the one with the comprehension difficulty and a perfect example of the Nigerian educated illiterate.   Here is what  the man said again:

“I think there are a lot of opportunities for Nigeria and for Shell in Nigeria and the potential much more than to consider refining.’’

Was he only talking about Shell's interests there?  And who is he to tell us what our best interests are?  That is the insult to our intelligence and the patronising attitude towards Nigerians which you, in your self delusion of intellectual greatness, failed to see.  

First of all apologies for the insult, it's not my style.

Secondly, he was only talking about Nigeria's interest as much as they align with Shell's - in that sense he did not insult Nigerians in any way. That's why he said Nigeria's interest AND Shell interest - clearly indicating there must be a joint interest for any business activity by Shell.

In plain language he is saying that if Nigeria's interest support building refineries, that will have to happen with another partner, not Shell.

There is no patronising attitude there - the major IOCs are largely not building refineries any more anywhere (with very few exceptions) - it makes no sense to expect them to do so simply because we want them to. It must make financial sense for them as well and it currently does not.
Re: Why We Can’t Build Refinery In Nigeria-shell by jpphilips(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2012
@ mor0nic beaf

how are the mighty falling, i can rem vividly how you accuse the hausa/fulani of begging for your resources, with 60% you are BEGGING a 40% partner to build refineries for you.

mr beaf for the love of christ, burry your face in shame, bow to the incompetence of the administration you serve.

first you said they are cabals we fought the cabals to a public enquiry, even when we knw your govt has all the apparatchick to bring them to justice, now they are absolved, your shameless govt has taken plates to spdc like an almajiri begging for refinery.

where is that CBN mickey mouse on bow tie always parading his m0ronic economic solutions?

where is madueke and iweala, beaf admit it now you have the chance, jonathan's bouazizi imperialist economists are a buch of thieves bereft of common sense.

the fisherman with bola hat nko? dead failures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Present Your Pry Sch Certificate Before Getting Salaries-osun Govt Tells Workers / South-West Governors Absent At Meeting With Odigie-Oyegun / Ortom Imposes Dusk Till Dawn Curfew In Gboko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.