Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward (9844 Views)

Sabo Mohammed-Nakudu Withdraws Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / List Of 84 Senators That Passed Vote Of Confidence On Saraki / A Vote For Jonathan Is A Vote For God Says A New PDP Advert On Nta (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by alex14(m): 2:54am On Mar 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

Seconded POWERFULLY.

Imagine that Zambia just lifted the African Nations Cup for the very first time in her history.  God rewarded them just as the Ikemba's funeral was about to start.
Both Ivory Coast and Zambia played FINAL.
Something to really think about.  cool

I could not agree more with the bolded. Even Rawlings acknowledged the spirit of Ikemba while they were landing in the dark at the Enugu airport.
We Igbo and easterners have no clue what we've just lost in the man, Ojukwu,,,,if only we have the slightest clue embarassed.
At a time like this, I wish I can trade places with him cool.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by bittyend(m): 3:05am On Mar 04, 2012
Be honest with yourself for once as I would respond to you JUST ONCE.

Don't the bolded words accurately describe you and your people miling around this thread?
Do you notice that you are basically seeking that "big hug" and no one is interested? Poor lonely soul.

Well, you lot deserve none of our pity or attention. So, keep trying!

IGNORED henceforth.

Onlycoward,just ask for a hug and you get one - you troubled teenager. You lot are just delusional. If you really want this Biafra thing so bad, you know what to do - tell your people to go back to biafraland and declare Biafra,

There's no point moaning every damn day on nairaland about Biafra - when you have biafra land, ogbunigwe, biafra money, palm oil, erosion, coal and biafra passport - just declare biafra already and let us rest.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by BlackPikiN(m): 3:13am On Mar 04, 2012
bittyend:

Onlycoward,just ask for a hug and you get one - you troubled teenager. You lot are just delusional. If you really want this Biafra thing so bad, you know what to do - tell your people to go back to biafraland and declare Biafra,

There's no point moaning every damn day on nairaland about Biafra - when you have biafra land, ogbunigwe, biafra money, palm oil, erosion, coal and biafra passport - just declare biafra already and let us rest.

No, I personally will never allow you rest. This is excatly what your elders wanted. You will hear us talk, discuss, analyze and sing about the war everyday till infinity years. Maybe, if your elders had allowed us, you probably wont be bothered with us except watching us trash you in football.
The sins of your f00lish elders.
You should be slapping the f0rk out of your elders now for now allowing my father leave when He wanted to.
So shut the f0rk up when we talk about the war or better still pluck your eyes!
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by Nchara: 3:19am On Mar 04, 2012
Onlytruth,

Thanks also should go to our compatriots the Northerners (e.g., Emir of Kano and the VP Sambo) and to the SW and Edo and other Niger Delta people's who graced the different occassions leading to the final interment and commented from the depths of their minds about the enigma that Ojukwu truly was. The burial and its proceedings showed clearly that Ojukwu was the biggest Nigerian that ever lived. The true Yorubas have distinguished themselves from the rabid cyber lot that prowl this forum.

Most importantly, we should thank Mr. President for his unflinching support during the entire period.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by bittyend(m): 3:26am On Mar 04, 2012
You will hear us talk, discuss, analyze and sing about the war everyday till infinity years.

Nwanne blackpikinny, kedu grin I didn't know Ibo pikinny dey black sometimes, I think say na only albino with flat heads you na be grin grin grin You sure say you no Ijawman wey naturalize to Ibo, so?? I fear fear okoro ohhh because na so so expansion and migration una sabi grin grin grin grin grin

Back to the topic, keep talking and singing - we all know you lot are the missing Idanre monkeys grin grin

I know you still remember your language at Idanre Hills before Bishop Ajayi Crowther gave you the one you speak now, You remember Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun Amun grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Laff go yamutu pesin for nairaland, sho,

Bai-failed, land of palm oil and erosion!! cool
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by BlackPikiN(m): 3:30am On Mar 04, 2012
^^^^You still dey vex? lol. I just realised you are the only psychoticAkigbemarun
I never start self. I dey go bring your medicine come.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by bittyend(m): 3:37am On Mar 04, 2012
^^^^You still dey vex? lol. I just realised you are the only psychoticAkigbemarun
I never start self. I dey go bring your medicine come.

Yeah, I'm whoever you call me, mate cool
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by lagcity(m): 3:39am On Mar 04, 2012
was Gowon and OBJ at the funeral?
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by bashr8: 3:42am On Mar 04, 2012
lagcity:

was Gowon and OBJ at the funeral?

you didnt just ask that question did you abi you want them to be stoned to death.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by lagcity(m): 3:46am On Mar 04, 2012
^^^
i thot they made up or sumtin like that. so they beefed till death? chai, dis is not good ooo.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by cfours: 4:08am On Mar 04, 2012
*shake my head* how typical of these ungrateful lipsrsealed

I will cease this opportunity to also thank those countries who stood by us during those dark years. They even had their representatives at the funeral of the great one. Special thanks to Haiti (will be paying this country a visit soon in the spring cool), Tanzania, Zambia, Ivory coast and Gabon cool. May they continue to prosper, AMEN! 

All Tanzanians, South Africans, gabonese and Cote d'Ivoriens i've met never cease to describe the Ibos in their countries with pure disgust. surprise surprise!!
"representatives" indeed.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by DuduNegro: 4:20am On Mar 04, 2012
You spoilt everything by not being gracious enough to thank non-Igbo Nigerians who participated in giving Ikemba a befitting send off. I'm not surprised anyway. ewu can beer

Onlytruth,

You failed to ackowledge some non-Igbos that are due to be acknowledged. I dont know if you responded after Chucks brought it to your attention, I hope you have but if not please do so. Tinubu, Ado Bayeru, Aliyu of Niger State. . . . and so on.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by dayokanu(m): 4:29am On Mar 04, 2012
Nigeria buries its major coward.

May he rest
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by SamIkenna: 4:33am On Mar 04, 2012
Onlytruth very soon your leadership star will be made manifest from a mountain and it will shine from strength to strength. You've given so much respect to our beloved leader, Dike di ora mma, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu, Eze Igbo gburu gburu and for that you will remain blessed.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by tpia5: 4:35am On Mar 04, 2012
^^you should learn to show respect to other people even if you see no reason to.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by EkoIle1: 4:44am On Mar 04, 2012
You really can't worry too much about these misguided and disgruntled clowns on NL.

Your leaders sabi what's up and they know where to go and who to bow down to,

Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by cfours: 4:55am On Mar 04, 2012
Eko Ile:

You really can't worry too much about these misguided and disgruntled clowns on NL.

lol @ pics. what can I say.
i'm sure if I dig hard enough, I'll find pics of Ojukwu licking IBB's toes behind closed doors in Abuja  grin
'clown' is an understatement for these baboons.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by bittyend(m): 4:58am On Mar 04, 2012

Nwanne, please don't an okoro commit suicide grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by EkoIle1: 4:59am On Mar 04, 2012
c.fours:

i'm sure if I dig hard enough, I'll find pics of Ojukwu licking IBB's toes behind closed doors in Abuja  grin

Bunch of Alaba orile boys, lmao
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by dayokanu(m): 5:14am On Mar 04, 2012
c.fours:

Thats what he did all his life

Former Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeku Odumegwu-Ojukwu has pledged support of Igbo people for the presidential aspiration of former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and gave him the name Okechukwu.

The Ikemba of Nnewi gave this pledge when a group of IBB campaigners under the aegis of Campaign Network for IBB 2011, South East Zone, paid him a courtesy visit at the weekend.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:35am On Mar 04, 2012
A very big thank you to Chinaemeze of Igboland, President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan and First Lady Dam Patience Jonathan; Eziwanne Ndiigbo. Onye-eze. U answer your fathers name very well, true son of the soil, u are. Eze-nwa. e me na.

General Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika; odogwu dike so buru ebube agu ne eche alaigbo , Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark a special thank you for participating and making the occasion truly national Sir.

I also want to thank the Anambra State Gov Peter Obi, Imo State Gov Owelle Rochas both men were visibly out-standing all through both in London and Nigeria. I urge them to continue their good work and ensure the welfare of Ikemba treasures that are presently in their custody as Ikemba fought selflessly for our welfare.

Other Gov are the Enugu State Gov Chime Sulliven, Abia State Gov Theodore Orji, Ebonyi State Gov Martin Elechi Vice Senate President Ekweremadu all for their support to the Ojukwu family. I also extend a warm thank you to all the Other State representative from all across Nigeria for their attendance to bid a final adieu to a great Nigerian.

i.e. Emir Ado Bayero of Kano, Prof Wole Shoyinka, former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Chairman of the National Burial Committee, Justice Chukwudifu Oputa, Chair APGA Chief (Sir) Victor Umeh

Jerry Rawlings of Ghana bu nwanne di na mba 1 of Ndiigbo. smiley We appreciate your visible attendance even though it was a national funeral. His Excellency remains a principled pillar and architect of Justice in the Social, Political and Economic Strata-sphere. Oke-Nwa Ndi-Ghana gi eme onu dalu. 

Rivers State Gov Chibuike Amaechi, Akwa Ibom Gov Godswill Akpabio, Cross River State Gov liyel imoke, Delta State Gov Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan,  Lagos State Gov Babatunde Fashola, Niger State Gov Dr. M. Aliyu were exemplary. The Nigerian High Commisioner UK Dr Dalhatu Sarki Tafida was outstanding. Thank you Sir.

Asari Dokubo and the 3000 strong led all-night vigil in Enugu a very big thank you Sir.  wink grin
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by bittyend(m): 5:45am On Mar 04, 2012
A very big thank you to all the ndi-yoruba on this thread, providing the much needed trolling to my insecure ndi-ibo or ndi-ebo clowns on this thread. Now that eze wuru wuru has finally been buried - we shall wait patiently for the new ndi-ibo wuru wuru ala nwazurike to declare BIAFRA - in our erosion and landlocked bia-fail land.

We ndi-ibo clowns in other parts of Nigeria shall return to home to our bia-fail land - to join our brothers in singing Amun Amun Amun - whilst we drink otapiapia. We shall also send our bia-fail international passports to our ibo brothers in ala-america and ala-south africa - so they can return home to witness this historic day.

Bia-fail will never die! Amun Amun Amun!!

Yours Sincerely,
Otu Nnegi

Pesin go die of laughter for nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by EkoIle1: 5:48am On Mar 04, 2012
bittyend:

A very big thank you to all the ndi-yoruba on this thread, providing the much needed trolling to my insecure ndi-ibo or ndi-ebo clowns on this thread. Now that eze wuru wuru has finally been buried - we shall wait patiently for the new ndi-ibo wuru wuru ala nwazurike to declare BIAFRA - in our erosion and landlocked bia-fail land.

We ndi-ibo clowns in other parts of Nigeria shall return to home to our bia-fail land - to join our brothers in singing Amun Amun Amun - whilst we drink otapiapia. We shall also send our bia-fail international passports to our ibo brothers in ala-america and ala-south africa - so they can return home to witness this historic day.

Yours Sincerely,
Otu Nnegi

Pesin go die of laughter for nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

lmao

Laughter go make me fall comot from chair, grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by Onlytruth(m): 6:18am On Mar 04, 2012
Thank you[b] Sam_ikenna[/b].
The Ikemba deserves nothing less. He will remain the most celebrated and loved son of Eastern Nigeria, at least until God raises a replacement.

Bro Nchara
I am only thanking those who organized the event, and foreigners who showed up to identify with the truth.

The Nigerians from outside the East  who graced the occassion are only paying their dues to history. They are investing in their own redemption.

The Ikemba is dead, and nobody can do anything to dishonor him. One can even argue (and do so on solid grounds) that, to the extent of their determination for redemption, they have no choice!  cool

They redeemed themselves, and Ndigbo and other Easterners would take a second look at them for their action.

I cannot thank them for that.  cool
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by lagcity(m): 7:43am On Mar 04, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thank you[b] Sam_ikenna[/b].
The Ikemba deserves nothing less. He will remain the most celebrated and loved son of Eastern Nigeria, at least until God raises a replacement.

Bro Nchara
I am only thanking those who organized the event, and foreigners who showed up to identify with the truth.

The Nigerians from outside the East  who graced the occassion are only paying their dues to history. They are investing in their own redemption.

The Ikemba is dead, and nobody can do anything to dishonor him. One can even argue (and do so on solid grounds) that, to the extent of their determination for redemption, they have no choice!  cool

They redeemed themselves, and Ndigbo and other Easterners would take a second look at them for their action.

I cannot thank them for that.  cool
shocked shocked EzeNL, You've been impeached for this statement. Ikemba cannot die . . . unless you want him to undecided.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by naijaking1: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2012
No question Ndigbo showed form and respect for Ikemba, but moving forward we recognize the belated awakening of other Nigerians about the role he played in Nigeria's history. Begining from Babangida Aliyu of Niger state who usually says it as he sees it, to Emir Ado Bayero of Kano who has eternally remained grateful and a personal friend of Ojukwu after the Ikemeba rescued him(Ado Bayero) from the Nzeogwu pustch. Wole Soyinka didn'd disappoint one bit either.
Unfortunately, Gowon was overseas(whether by omission or comission); it would have been in the true spirit of no-victor-no-vanquished if he had really made it.
Whatever happened to the Danjumas, OBJs, and Buharis of this world.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by ak47mann(m): 10:24am On Mar 04, 2012
Eze gburu gburu la nke oma!! may the LORD bless your soul Amen cool i will post pixs about ikembas funeral later  cool
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:26am On Mar 04, 2012
c.fours:

*shake my head* how typical of these ungrateful lipsrsealed

All Tanzanians, South Africans, gabonese and Cote d'Ivoriens i've met never cease to describe the Ibos in their countries with pure disgust. surprise surprise!!
"representatives" indeed.

^^^ Only goes to show birds of the same 'Igbo-hating' feather flock together; where you see one Nazi, KKK member or rat, there's likely to be a couple more slithering about nearby like the snakes they are. And don't discount the fact that the bigoted fools subconsciously tap into your rabid Igbo hatred and build on it.

On a nicer note, in addition to all that've been thanked here, i'd also like to add a vote of thanks to personalities like the Emir of Kano. I was impressed by his presence, even at his age. Nice one.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
Ezeigbo gburugburu.You left behind a lasting legacy.You shall never be forgotten.Je nkeoma!I salute you.Ndiigbo thank you.You are indeed a LION. Even in death,your enemies still fear and revere you.La nu udo IKEMBA!
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by cfours: 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2012
bittyend:

Yours Sincerely,
Otu Nnegi

rotflmao grin
is Amun Amun Amun a jewish chant? bia-failans are jewish descendants afterall.
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by Onlytruth(m): 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
I forgot to add that Ndigbo and Easterners are welcome to add their own vote of thanks, and also bring up issues of concerns linked with the event. Also suggest the way forward.

My own issue of concern is the Enugu Airport.
Does anyone know about the TRUE status of the Enugu Airport?
Is it really an international airport? If yes, why did Jerry Rawlings have to land in Lagos for clearing before taking off again to land in Enugu?

Umu Igbo, we must keep a close eye on that airport and any other projects that was promised us during the elections.
I saw the minister of aviation Stella Odua sitting in the front row of the mourners at Ojukwu's funeral.
Why is this airport still not an international airport?
Re: Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward by Onlytruth(m): 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2012
I pointed out the aviation ministers front row presence during Ojukwu's funeral as one of those people we must be careful not to thank in our vote of thanks. There were many of such people during the event: those who may even have worked against things that Ojukwu stood for, yet they showed up at the funeral. There were many of them. sad The Ikemba left a VERY CLEAR legacy, and we must not allow such people to hoodwink us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Swapping: Stop Giving Too Much Powers To Terrorists, BBOG To Buhari / Party Leaders Attend 2017 National Political Summit In Abuja (Photos) / Ozekhome, Abductors Demand N250m Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.