Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes - Properties (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes (156685 Views)

Affordable Homes At Porsche Terraces And Apartments, For Sale in Abuja / Fgn 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme / The Roll Out Of 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Jussi(m): 11:09am On Aug 02, 2012
The Baba is at it again! We're waiting for the thrill that comes with your team.

See you on the other side when the new thread opens. Many more blessings brother, daalu jor!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2012
Jussi: The Baba is at it again! We're waiting for the thrill that comes with your team.

See you on the other side when the new thread opens. Many more blessings brother, daalu jor!

If not for people like you, it would have been impossible. Thanks for all your support brother.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Army36(f): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
RECREATIVE DESIGN OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

ARCHITECTURE 2D & 3D

Design concept development
Detailed architectural house plans design (2D AUTOCAD & 3D)
Supervision and Project Management

INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES

Interior Design for homes and offices
Hotel furnishing
Ceiling and wall design
Plaster of Paris for wall screeding and ceiling
Flooring(tiling, laminated floors, wood flooring etc..)
Window treatments (draperies, blinds etc..)
Colour and finish consultation
Bathroom Remodeling
Design of fitted kitchen
Furniture, art and antique procurement

BUILDING RENOVATION / REMODELING

Offices, Residential
Retail shops, Banking Halls
Hospitals, Showroom

SPACE PLANNING & MANAGEMENT

Space management Consultation
Design and Planning of open office spaces
Partitioning System ( wood, aluminum, glass etc.)

CUSTOM WOOD WORKS / FURNISHING

Design of fitted kitchens,Wardrobes
Cupboards, Cabinets, Wall units
shelving system, Organized storage systems
Workstations, Custom made beds
General Interior wood works

HOTEL FURNISHING

Complete interior design for hotel rooms, lobby and reception
supply of Furniture, and accents

CONTACT US FOR QUOTES ON YOUR PROJECT

Telephone: 08093-577-005, 0802-854-0261.

Email: recreative_design@yahoo.com

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Office And Home Renovation And Remodelling by Army36(f): 10:55am On Jul 31
Army36: RECREATIVE DESIGN OFFERS YOU THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

ARCHITECTURE 2D & 3D

INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES

Hotel furnishing
Ceiling and wall design
Bathroom Remodeling
Design of fitted kitchen

Offices, Residential
Hospitals, Showroom

HOTEL FURNISHING

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Army36(f): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
RECREATIVE DESIGN OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

ARCHITECTURE 2D & 3D

INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES

Hotel furnishing
Ceiling and wall design
Bathroom Remodeling
Design of fitted kitchen

Offices, Residential
Hospitals, Showroom

HOTEL FURNISHING

Email: recreative_design@yahoo.com

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Office And Home Renovation And Remodelling by Army36(f): 10:55am On Jul 31
Army36: RECREATIVE DESIGN OFFERS YOU THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

ARCHITECTURE 2D & 3D

INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES

Hotel furnishing
Ceiling and wall design
Bathroom Remodeling
Design of fitted kitchen

Offices, Residential
Hospitals, Showroom

HOTEL FURNISHING

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by yndig: 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
hello house pls i need help. My bricklayer is charging me 450,000naira for foundation work this includes

blinding
casting
blockwork
and slab

all the bricklayer work until DPC and i thought it was way too much. I have another one that quoted 350,000naira.
this house is in abuja a four bedroom duplex flatland.

pls Your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
yndig: hello house pls i need help. My bricklayer is charging me 450,000naira for foundation work this includes

blinding
casting
blockwork
and slab

all the bricklayer work until DPC and i thought it was way too much. I have another one that quoted 350,000naira.
this house is in abuja a four bedroom duplex flatland.

pls Your contributions will be highly appreciated.

If you asked this question here last year, I would have said the price is totally outrageous. But having known what I know now, some sites could be very difficult to handle due to some natural or man made conditions.

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 2:54am On Aug 07, 2012
spyder880:

If you asked this question here last year, I would have said the price is totally outrageous. But having known what I know now, some sites could be very difficult to handle due to some natural or man made conditions.

Oga Spyder whether Na last year or last decade N450k is way two much for a foundation work for 4 bedrooms dup even if tornado just finish hitting the land!
The man made reason can possibly be true especially in places like Abuja.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
quote author=prince_onx]

Oga Spyder whether Na last year or last decade N450k is way two much for a foundation work for 4 bedrooms dup even if tornado just finish hitting the land!
The man made reason can possibly be true especially in places like Abuja.[/quote]

Then you have not seen the type of terrains I have seen cheesy

Always consider these before setting your charge;

1. How close to your base is the site
2. How close to the market is the site
3. How safe are you and your men at the site
4. What is the duration of the foundation, taking the conditions of the land and other factor inputs into consideration
5. How is the access road to the site

If you have seen what I have seen in the past year, you would have seen that fuel spending or transport charges can bore a huge hole in your account, making a nonsense of your expected profits.

Some sites are so far away from the nearest market that you might need to dedicate a whole day to buy some materials, this will likely keep sapping your time as you spend more time shuttling between the site and market, encountering issues with loaders, drivers and road safety officials who are waiting right there on the road.

Do you know there are places you will be working and you will be paying protection money to the locals if you dont want your men and materials to be tampered with. Factor in protection costs if the area is volatile (P/H or the north) you also need to factor in things like police protection and guards in your arithmetics.

Supposing you are going to be staying in an hotel, and the cheapest one around is N15,000, see what I mean?

Okay, supposing also that the ground is so hard here that it will take 10 days just to complete digging alone, add another 10 days to do blinding, stand pillars, set blocks, water the foundation and then do your German floor, by then N300k has gone out of the N450k!

I am not saying the N450k is justified, cause we dont know how the place is, but to say it is outrageous will be a little risky also.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by yndig: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
Thanks guys for the reply i see points in what both wrote but for me i think the quote was way too high.

Here is a little insigt to the project.

1. the land is flat
2. the foundation is dugged
3. Yes the site is far from market but i deal with the material to site
4. the Bricklayer will only have to deal with ''blinding, casting, blockwork,slap ''carpenter''(its a contract)i have my ironbender and everything that has to be done till the Foundation is completed

will this help you guys say the appropriate price for this job? or maybe close to appropriate price?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Spyder:
You are still saying the same thing I just said. 90% of your reasons are man made!
A delivery van can charge you N10k to deliver cement because the road is slippery or messed up! That doesn't mean he can't do the same delivery for N7k and still make profit.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
prince_onx: @Spyder:
You are still saying the same thing I just said. 90% of your reasons are man made!
A delivery van can charge you N10k to deliver cement because the road is slippery or messed up! That doesn't mean he can't do the same delivery for N7k and still make profit.

Bros I disagree a bit. There are situations where the delivery van can deliver the goods for N10k and spend N15k to hire a towing van to drag out his vehicle from the mud. And sometimes the towing van will sink into the mud and they will need to hire a second towing van and pay like another N20k to attempt to pull the first two vehicles out. (When dead body get accident) remember your cement may be in the truck and rains can come down in buckets to drench the cement! Plus, you will be under the rain yourself to try to salvage the situation. Of course You cannot afford to call the landlord and tell him stories.

This story happened to me, live and direct!

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 5:37am On Aug 08, 2012
^^
@Spyder, we can debate this back and front all day and I still put it to you that 99% based on this topic not even the 90% I said at first is man made issue period!
Every business have cost of doing business and believe it or not sometimes it's morethan the initial cost. Those in the western world can attest to this! Where you buy something and because of delay in delivery they wave the whole shipping or delivery cost and even send you a discount card or coupon for next purchase. In naija they charge you times two for wahala encountered during delivery, bad roads, police, and co and if no problem at all, they pocket your money and pray you fall again!
In your example, what if the 3rd, 4th, and 5th truck get stucked in the mud? So I will pay N20k to pull each out because I bought 50 or 80 bags of cement? Let's think of worst, if the truck flips over nko? I will also pay for body work right?
The truth is that a typical naija man takes advantage of every situation. You dress nice to the market, you pay more or at least they try to make you pay more! Same if you live overseas, drive nice car, or live in nice neighborhood, etc!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Army36(f): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2012
i tink 450k labour charges for foundation only is too much. Well you can get an architect, pay for supervision, organize your materials by yourself and pay the bricklayer around 200k. shikena

1 Like

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by brabus(m): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Spyder880, Prince_onx, Well Done o!

N450k might be too much for some project but not all. I'm presently doing a fence for a client on Nairaland and my charges is N400k +. It seems ridiculous but the work is not a joke.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by yndig: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
Thank you Army36 i have engineer as supervisor

Thank you Brabus for your input too and others thank you.

pls if you have more it is welcomed smileyThank you Army36 i have engineer as supervisor

Thank you Brabus for your input too and others thank you.

pls if you have more it is welcomed smiley
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by brabus(m): 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2012
yndig: Thanks guys for the reply i see points in what both wrote but for me i think the quote was way too high.

Here is a little insigt to the project.

1. the land is flat
2. the foundation is dugged
3. Yes the site is far from market but i deal with the material to site
4. the Bricklayer will only have to deal with ''blinding, casting, blockwork,slap ''carpenter''(its a contract)i have my ironbender and everything that has to be done till the Foundation is completed

will this help you guys say the appropriate price for this job? or maybe close to appropriate price?

Are there bricklayer union in your project site? If the job involved is just ''blinding, casting, blockwork, slab and carpentary'', then the amount is outrageous irrespective of the terrain.

Worst case scenarious, even when you're giving the job to a contractor, the charges should be as follows

Blinding/Block Setting (say 3,000 blocks @N40) - N120k
Sand filling @ N4k per trip (say 20 trip) - N80k
Casting - N100k
Others (carpentary, soil treatment etc) - N50k

The major work here is blockwork, sandfilling and casting.

I won't pay the cost above irrespective of location, even water-logged areas. The location where I charged N410k is water-logged (at 1.8m depth). The cost includes site clearing, excavation, carpentary, iron bending, casting, removal of planks from the water, bricklaying, casting of the gates and fence, fence capping.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
brabus: @Spyder880, Prince_onx, Well Done o!

N450k might be too much for some project but not all. I'm presently doing a fence for a client on Nairaland and my charges is N400k +. It seems ridiculous but the work is not a joke.
We are talking about this particular project which you yourself confirmed that N450 is way too much! Am aware that N4m can even be too small for some project, am aware that wet area, hills, rocky land and all that might cost more but this particular one is none of the above and shouldn't cost that much! This is just 4/5 bedroom project with already duged foundation for shouting out! Haba!!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by yndig: 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
Thanks so much Brabus for the break down

On another note the engineer is charging 110k to supervise the whole foundation work and 140k for the casting and decking work. i dont agree with him but is the price fair?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by brabus(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
yndig: Thanks so much Brabus for the break down

On another note the engineer is charging 110k to supervise the whole foundation work and 140k for the casting and decking work. i dont agree with him but is the price fair?

Your engineer is charging N250k for a job which is less than 50 man hour, how much will he charge for MTUs (with 8 flats and 3 floors). Julius Berger doesn't pay that much.

Little wonder your cost are outrageous. Abi Spyder880 - dem they pay you like that?

He'll be like an engineer on one of my site who's riding BMW X6 while the house owner is cruising 2005 Honda CRV.

Let's digress so that we don't derail the thread.

@Spyder880, well done sir! I'm enjoying all the good works o. Remember me in your kingdom when you don dey collect millions for supervision fee o. smiley
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
brabus:

Your engineer is charging N250k for a job which is less than 50 man hour, how much will he charge for MTUs (with 8 flats and 3 floors). Julius Berger doesn't pay that much.

Little wonder your cost are outrageous. Abi Spyder880 - dem they pay you like that?

He'll be like an engineer on one of my site who's riding BMW X6 while the house owner is cruising 2005 Honda CRV.

Let's digress so that we don't derail the thread.

@Spyder880, well done sir! I'm enjoying all the good works o. Remember me in your kingdom when you don dey collect millions for supervision fee o. smiley

For where cheesy
I dey soak garri for the second time today, e no easy at all bros. How your end na?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
spyder880:

For where cheesy
I dey soak garri for the second time today, e no easy at all bros. How your end na?

Big man too dey soak gari, are you kidding me?
I thought na only me like gari oh, with some nice chilled cold water with some ice cube, sugar and milk changing the color of the water . . . boy oh boy!!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I thought na only me like gari oh, with some nice chilled cold water with some ice cube, sugar and milk changing the color of the water . . . boy oh boy!!

See the people that are making my precious garri to be expensive cheesy by the time you park one Hummer and come down to buy garri, the market woman will hike the price for the rest of us using Legedes-Benz.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by brabus(m): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
spyder880:

For where cheesy

Thanks! My end too dey fine. I know the reward of this service is not monetary gain but I see it as a good way to build oneself. The thrills and frills of building project are the real excitement.

I spent all day today showing a client 'Topshop' (another Nairalander), who came visiting from Ireland, her project in Ikorodu town. The beauty of everything is that she was so grateful and even mentioned how people like yourself has help instill confidence in our people abroad. That's more than money, bro.

I even got a nice cedarwood state shirt and tie set as a memento. Na me she gave that one o. Her msg to you is 'Keep it up'
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by brabus(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
Fhemmmy:

So, garri dey Canada!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
brabus:

Thanks! My end too dey fine. I know the reward of this service is not monetary gain but I see it as a good way to build oneself. The thrills and frills of building project are the real excitement.

I spent all day today showing a client 'Topshop' (another Nairalander), who came visiting from Ireland, her project in Ikorodu town. The beauty of everything is that she was so grateful and even mentioned how people like yourself has help instill confidence in our people abroad. That's more than money, bro.

I even got a nice cedarwood state shirt and tie set as a memento. Na me she gave that one o. Her msg to you is 'Keep it up'

Haa! Bros send me the tie na cheesy
Thats the joys of doing this business, making friends across continents. Well done jare, we will surely get there one day.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
spyder880:

See the people that are making my precious garri to be expensive cheesy by the time you park one Hummer and come down to buy garri, the market woman will hike the price for the rest of us using Legedes-Benz.

God know your number oh, make u dey use system yab be go oh

brabus:

So, garri dey Canada!

Na how you want am, yellow or white, Ijebu or Ibo . . . ?grin
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Army36(f): 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
u guys are making me laugh grin grin grin grin grin smiley
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by AreaFada2: 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
good stuff
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 7:37am On Aug 10, 2012
We are getting ready to resume activities in Owerri. Work will resume on that site as from tomorrow. More details about this later.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Aug 11, 2012
I am on transit now moving to Owerri, we hope to restart operations there after our funds ran out. We just want to complete all works and commence roofing as soon as possible.

We might be moving to Asaba next week, we have a bungalow project to build. The building will be similar in many aspects to the one we built on the "reality building of 4 bedroom bungalow" in Enugu. I will most likely be in Asaba tomorrow Sunday to conduct final inspection on the site and agree on a likely start date maybe by next week. I have got a team ready for this.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by ckenneths(m): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
spyder880: I am on transit now moving to Owerri, we hope to restart operations there after our funds ran out. We just want to complete all works and commence roofing as soon as possible.

We might be moving to Asaba next week, we have a bungalow project to build. The building will be similar in many aspects to the one we built on the "reality building of 4 bedroom bungalow" in Enugu. I will most likely be in Asaba tomorrow Sunday to conduct final inspection on the site and agree on a likely start date maybe by next week. I have got a team ready for this.

I am leaving Owerri after brokering a deal between my employers, workers and suppliers. Work commenced in my presence and we are doing everything possible to roof this house. A gate house is to commence in this site by monday.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
looking at the Owerri house from the side

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (36) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.