Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8158739 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2016
@hajarahbadmus am not feeling kicks yet o,or maybe I don't know wat it feels like....wl be 18weeks on Friday....#juneforsupernaturaldelivery#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Alemo50: 9:34am On Jan 20, 2016
Brownsmoothie:
@hajarahbadmus am not feeling kicks yet o,or maybe I don't know wat it feels like....wl be 18weeks on Friday....#juneforsupernaturaldelivery#

Pls visit OMVIAL 4D Ultrasound & Doppler scan Centre for Doppler ultrasound. Doppler ultrasound prevents half of deaths occurring in the womb, according to BBC news http://www.bbc.com/news/health-29367001. OMVIAL
Centres can be found at www.omvial.com or by calling 08060170565. If your baby is not moving well, or its size is small or you are concerned, or you just want to check that it's ok and not starving, please do Doppler scan. It measures the blood flow to the baby through the umbilical cord. That being said, in some first time pregnancies, baby's movements may not be felt even up to 20 weeks, so it's nothing to worry about if there are no other problems

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:44am On Jan 20, 2016
I only spray my house once a month cos i hardly see mosquitos fly around cos my doors and windows are forever closed.i use all this repacked otapiapia sold in d market.
tyconcepts:
angrySomeone told me you don't get to suffer mosquitoes palava if you are staying in a storey building..... Hmmmm.....Obviously somebody lied coz the mosquitoes are giants and seems to drink the "Swan raid" and "Sniper drops" I use lipsrsealed and Mofe has refused to use his bed that has net so I always have my heart in my mouth when its getting dark angry I found 3 mosquitoes bite on Mofe's cheek and am scared already.

Abeg mamas help me recommend a very harsh mosquitoes killer.....Na very serious matter joooor.
cc : All sabi mamas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2016
Beremx:
Mamas in the house, please how much does it cost for a CS in government hospitals in Lagos? Please i wanna know. Thanks
In gbagada general hospital its 45k

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2016
tyconcepts:

Never seen nor heard of "Read A Dream" tho'

PS : A mosquitoes killer's name has never sounded this sexy wink

Lol. It's just like Baygon. You can find it in some supermarkets. My mum introduced it to me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2016
Fabmummy:

Hello madam pls where is redeemed maternity at?
It's owned by RCCG and across nationwide. You can ask for nearest one closed to you from any of the Redeemed provincial headquarters or big area parishes in your vicinity. You can also go to Ebute metta hqtrs where you'll be directed to one close to you. It's free.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lcoral(f): 10:25am On Jan 20, 2016
Alternatively since u have tried these chemicals n haven't achieved d desired result maybe u should try to be observant to see if u can track d source. Is ur room close to ur bath room. So u can pour engine oil into the drainage were d water pass tru. Dis will help kill the eggs and hence reduce d mosquito or check if the window nets are loosed. Malaria in children isn't funny at all. So its block all avenue that ll make them enter d room.
tyconcepts:

I will try out Baygon then. And stick to the closing of all doors to see if there would be improvement.

Thanks sis

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 10:32am On Jan 20, 2016
Brownsmoothie:

u shld start feeling the kicks btwn 18weeks to 22weeks.. for my first I felt the first kick at 22weeks..but this one started at 18weeks..

#teamjune for speedy delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2016

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2016
sayoddy:

It's owned by RCCG and across nationwide. You can ask for nearest one closed to you from any of the Redeemed provincial headquarters or big area parishes in your vicinity. You can also go to Ebute metta hqtrs where you'll be directed to one close to you. It's free.

Okay thanks - will ask around
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:04am On Jan 20, 2016
tyconcepts:
angrySomeone told me you don't get to suffer mosquitoes palava if you are staying in a storey building..... Hmmmm.....Obviously somebody lied coz the mosquitoes are giants and seems to drink the "Swan raid" and "Sniper drops" I use lipsrsealed and Mofe has refused to use his bed that has net so I always have my heart in my mouth when its getting dark angry I found 3 mosquitoes bite on Mofe's cheek and am scared already.

Abeg mamas help me recommend a very harsh mosquitoes killer.....Na very serious matter joooor.

cc : modath, proudmom38, Zaynie, mspat, ahnie, missmalachi, Beedam, favoredgal, humbledbygrace

cc : All sabi mamas

I can't relate well on mosquitoes issue cos there's none whr I reside....But how about using treated mosquito net on ur bed? Or sneak mofe into his bed at nite?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2016
kiss

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2016
tyconcepts:

I will try out Baygon then. And stick to the closing of all doors to see if there would be improvement.

Thanks sis
Buy original from good stores.
There are fake ones everywhere.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2016
Alemo50:

Pls visit OMVIAL 4D Ultrasound & Doppler scan Centre for Doppler ultrasound. Doppler ultrasound prevents half of deaths occurring in the womb,
Good to see you here again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2016
sayoddy:

It's owned by RCCG and across nationwide. It's free.
If VD fails, do dey do CS there and how much is it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 12:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
missmalachi:
I only spray my house once a month cos i hardly see mosquitos fly around cos my doors and windows are forever closed.i use all this repacked otapiapia sold in d market.

You so lucky sis....In the process of ventilating I open doors and in comes mosquitoes obviously.

mitchyy:

Lol. It's just like Baygon. You can find it in some supermarkets. My mum introduced it to me

I will look for it. Won't hurt to try something new and hope it puts these bloodsuckers in their place.

lcoral:
Alternatively since u have tried these chemicals n haven't achieved d desired result maybe u should try to be observant to see if u can track d source. Is ur room close to ur bath room. So u can pour engine oil into the drainage were d water pass tru. Dis will help kill the eggs and hence reduce d mosquito or check if the window nets are loosed. Malaria in children isn't funny at all. So its block all avenue that ll make them enter d room.

My suspicion is via the kitchen....I stay in a new layout sort off and lots of undeveloped lands around so myself & my neighbours turned the land behind our kitchens in dumping site (covers face)....My guess is the mosquitoes comes via the kitchen from the dump site and since I keep my kitchen door open most of the time, its easy access. Have being closing that particular door since this war. The thought of my boy having malaria is the reason am trying to fight this.

proudmom38:

I can't relate well on mosquitoes issue cos there's none whr I reside....But how about using treated mosquito net on ur bed? Or sneak mofe into his bed at nite?

Mofe is baba rolling stone.....Once he rolls and his body touches any obstruction, its goodbye sleep.

I gats relocate to Ekpoma to enjoy this no mosquitoes flex tongue

ozycy:

Buy original from good stores.
There are fake ones everywhere.

Okay ma'am. Thanks

E-Hugs Sisters.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enoqueen: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
missmalachi:

In gbagada general hospital its 45k

In gbagada general, it's 61k and the patient will be responsible for her drugs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
ozycy:

If VD fails, do dey do CS there and how much is it?
CS is not done there as it's not part of their vision hence we pray for safe delivery at the pregnant women prayer meeting after antenatal
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Durostay:
Dear Sweet mums, be cautious in using/choosing RCCG maternities. I am not saying they are bad but I had a very nasty experience using the Shomolu Lagos centre on Market street.
I registered there for my ante-natal last year and all was going well until I was 32weeks. My water broke and I went to the maternity. The staff on duty told me I need to be on bed rest but she advised I should still go to work. This happened before 8am of the day.
I left my office when colleague complained I was looking puffy and went to the maternity again. I was told to go back home until when contraction starts. I asked the nurse if I should go to hospital instead and she said no. This was about 4pm.
Fast forward to 8pm, I was gushing out blood clots and I was rushed to the maternity centre. To my dismay, we were sent out of the clinic with all the blood I was fast loosing at 32weeks. When my DH shouted at them, the nurses (about 4 of them) told him to take me to the hospital and I responded that I registered only at their place. They did not bulge. That was how we headed to the hospital.
Yes, I survived and my DD also survived. She is 7months now.
The doctors in the hospital didn't believe I would survive.
And the RCCG maternity staffs never bothered. For me RCCG maternity is a NO NO place to go.
Apologies for the epistle

Hello! Quite sorry you had to go through this, but this experience isn't peculiar to perhaps RCCG maternity centres. It could have happened in the best equipped private hospital.

I would like to portion some of the blame to you though! I always feel people should learn to take charge of certain situations. Considering you didn't feel alright* in the morning,you should have sought alternative care the moment the people started speaking English in the morning, at least that's what i would have done.

I'm thankful the baby is ok and you are as well but please you must never take such chances in the future!

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
Durostay:
Dear Sweet mums, be cautious in using/choosing RCCG maternities. I am not saying they are bad but I had a very nasty experience using the Shomolu Lagos centre on Market street.
I registered there for my ante-natal last year and all was going well until I was 32weeks. My water broke and I went to the maternity. The staff on duty told me I need to be on bed rest but she advised I should still go to work. This happened before 8am of the day.
I left my office when colleague complained I was looking puffy and went to the maternity again. I was told to go back home until when contraction starts. I asked the nurse if I should go to hospital instead and she said no. This was about 4pm.
Fast forward to 8pm, I was gushing out blood clots and I was rushed to the maternity centre. To my dismay, we were sent out of the clinic with all the blood I was fast loosing at 32weeks. When my DH shouted at them, the nurses (about 4of them) told him to take me to the hospital and I responded that I registered only at their place. They did not bulge. That was how we headed to the hospital.
Yes, I survived and my DD also survived. She is 7months now.
The doctors in the hospital didn't believe I would survive.
And the RCCG maternity staffs never bothered. For me RCCG maternity is a NO NO place to go.
Apologies for the epistle
Thank God for saving lives. I've never heard of any unusual since all my family and friends that have used there all testify to their abilities and prayers. As soon as they delivered, they were up to their feet ready to go home, hale and hearty.
I was using a private hospital but have been hearing of cs being done from other mamas. So after close family persuaded me to register at the Redemmed maternity, I got registered at 30weeks. So I have private hospital by the side, hope all goes well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
lawvlypearl:
Okay so we had the first gender scan yesterday, we so wanted a boy but the sono said its a girl, we were both disappointed but Dh was the first to shake it off, can't believe I'm still gloomy this morning, I cried sef(lol), I realised we made all plans for a junior so im renewing my mind now. Had to let this off to feel light. I appreciate the privilege of being pregnant, girl or boy( Na God give me). Looking out for all things girly now, and to even think I'm the first born and a girl(smh)
Let's be thankful for this one in hope to get what you desire in later pregnant. In all, pray that this baby girl will be a blessed one, hale and hearty.
This is my first and wasn't particular about the sex and when the mid trimester scan was done, a boy. I got home, DH confessed he was happy about it that it'll give us rest of mind from his family if we give birth to all girls afterwards. He's the only male in the family to continue the name. I just looked at him in disgust. African mentality...

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by brokewaist(f): 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hello mamas in the house, abeg I need help from sabi mamas with experience.
I had multiple severe lacerations on my pelvic wall when I gave birth to my daughter, it took almost three months for me to recover.
For the past two week I started noticing a pain like what I was feeling post partum and it steadily got worse. On monday I almost fainted from the pain at the close of work when I tried to get up.
I did a scan yesterday and saw my doctor, she believes its the scars from the previous lacerations that is causing the pain, as this is the first time post delivery that those muscles are coming under pressure. She had to give me injections to manage pain, they wore off in like 30mins and I am currently in severe pains.
My doctor believes the pain will wear off with time, please of you have had this kind of experience please share, i am just 22wks gone, na die I dey, e be like say I just deliver. I need hope, that the pain will decrease
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
sayoddy:
CS is not done there as it's not part of their vision hence we pray for safe delivery at the pregnant women prayer meeting after antenatal
That's a wrong vision IMO, absolutely nothing wrong in hoping for the best and still preparing for the rest! So what happens if a patient has to be operated on to save her life or that of her unborn child? They referre? Time is usually of the essence in such cases o!
I'd advise all expectant mothers to register with a hospital that can handle ANY emergency! Faith alone is not enough.

As for the redeem maternity lipsrsealed Durostay I wouldn't generalize o! But one of their outlets wound me no be small! So am standing by you on this, and if one must use them please register with another that is also close to you to avoid stories that touch.

Tyconcepts I take God name beg you stay away from sniper! The composition of that stuff is too hazardous for humans to inhale! And 2-3hours ventilation isn't enough to rid the house of its residue, it has a long term effect on the lungs. I don't know why that thing is sold OTC.

Lawvlypearl take it in good faith, I also cried when my scan revealed that I was having a boy! I have been praying and hoping for a girl! In fact I refused shopping for any boy things and was only picking out girl stuffs grin (na so my belief strong reach) but now looking at my son is all I do! He is such an adorable baby kiss remember man proposes while God disposes! God will grant you your baby boy next time.

Asagal thanks for giving me a birthday mate congrats and kisses to your LO!kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
[quote author=brokewaist post=42158936]Hello mamas in the house, abeg I need help from sabi mamas with experience.
I had multiple severe lacerations on my pelvic wall when I gave birth to my daughter, it took almost three months for me to recover.
For the past two week I started noticing a pain like what I was feeling post partum and it steadily got worse. On monday I almost fainted from the pain at the close of work when I tried to get up.
I did a scan yesterday and saw my doctor, she believes its the scars from the previous lacerations that is causing the pain, as this is the first time post delivery that those muscles are coming under pressure. She had to give me injections to manage pain, they wore off in like 30mins and I am currently in severe pains.
My doctor believes the pain will wear off with time, please of you have had this kind of experience please share, i am just 22wks gone, na die I dey, e be like say I just deliver. I need hope, that the pain will decrease[/quote

Double post
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
brokewaist:
Hello mamas in the house, abeg I need help from sabi mamas with experience.
My doctor believes the pain will wear off with time, please of you have had this kind of experience please share, i am just 22wks gone, na die I dey, e be like say I just deliver. I need hope, that the pain will decrease

The pain won't just go away like dat,u nid to b well monitored and managed. Where are you now? Hosp or home? Pls if @ home,get to d hosp asap
It's well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
@kaffy4bill Thank God i met you online. Is it normal for a pregnant woman to be losing weight? I lost weight during 1st trimester due to terrible MS.
My last ANC, weight was 65. Today at ANC, my weight was 63. Is this okay? Dr didn't say anything and i forgot to ask him before leaving.
@other mamas, pls also help out biko
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by brokewaist(f): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
kaffy4bill:

The pain won't just go away like dat,u nid to b well monitored and managed. Where are you now? Hosp or home? Pls if @ home,get to d hosp asap
It's well

I went to the hospital earlier today to take injections for the pain, they gave me bedrest, but they called me at work for something important. i dey work oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sayoddy, my sister I won't lie, I wanted a boy cos of that Africa mentality o(Dh is an only child)but I know better now and chinwedym.... Thank you so much, amen to the prayers. Its just human for me to refuse to accept it at first but I'm okay with my mini me. I think she's the sister I longed for as the only girl in my house.

Supernatural delivery to us all ijn.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
Brokewaist no vex o! I don't have any answer to your query, but I have a question for you! Was that the inspiration behind your username? undecided grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Richard216(m): 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
In Jesus Name!
JustCurious:
Precious Father, We thank You for all things. We thank you for your continuous faithfulness and goodness over our lives and families. We thank you for your love that surpasses all understanding. Thank you so much for making us mothers. Thank you for blessing our wombs and the wombs you are about to bless. Thank you for causing us to triumph over principality and powers. We thank you dear Lord for making impossible, possible even amidst us here. We decree and declare that only your plan for our lives would stand! We decree and declare that no weapon fashion against us shall prosper. We pray dear Lord that you would make every one looking unto you for the fruit of the womb to conceive and bring forth in joy in Jesus name. Grant every beholder of this thread, good things. Mend broken hearts, increase our faith Lord that we may boldly say that the Lord is our Helper and we shall not fear what man shall do unto us. Help us Lord and fight our battles for us. We can't do it, for you are our Father.

In this new year, we ask that you disappoint the devices of the enemy, such that their hands cannot perform their enterprise. Make this year a remarkable, pleasant year for us all as we ask you in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FINA4804(f): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
I WANT TO AIR MY VIEW CONCERNING THIS CS ISSUE
During my last Antenatal my doctor was telling us how will you allow a doctor to bundle you into the theatre without telling you the reason.
There is a reason for every Cs, for mamas that have gone there knows better. For hospitals normal delivery is better because no risk attached but every Cs is by God's grace because anything can happen and no hospital wants bad reputation. We should not put it in mind that some hospitals like Cs if you don't want and you feel you can push tell them no one will force you to the theatre.
In all we pray for Supernatural delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jill28: 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
Amen!
Fabmummy:
Dear God thank you for every one on this thread, we appreciate you for being with us and our family members. We thank you for all the beautiful things you have lined ahead of us. We are truly grateful.

We cover every pregnant and expectant mum with the blood of Jesus. We will not have stillbirth/prom or sudden loss of our babies. They are cover with the blood of Jesus. Father hide them in your secret place.
Amen

Lord we will not loose our lives in this journey of childbirth in Jesus name. Strengthen us day by day and make it all end with a testimony. Show mercy and make our delivery easy and supernatural, amen.

Thank you for our senior mamas, protect them and their children. We ask that you continue to be with them and bless them.

Thank you for our friends/sisters/neighbours that are ttc, you said non shall be barren. You also said we should decree a thing and it shall be established- Lord we decree that they are fruitful mothers of nations, we declare that before this year runs out, their children will surround their table, we decree that they will conceive and carry to term in Jesus name.

Thank you for answered prayers already- AMEN

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dunni29(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.