Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8159204 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
babythug:

Hello! Quite sorry you had to go through this, but this experience isn't peculiar to perhaps RCCG maternity centres. It could have happened in the best equipped private hospital.

I disagree.

How can a well equipped hospital send a woman whose water has broken and is loosing huge chunk of blood back?

They did that at the maternity home because they were ill equipped to take care of complications

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
sayoddy:
CS is not done there as it's not part of their vision hence we pray for safe delivery at the pregnant women prayer meeting after antenatal

Hmm. That's how a friend's mother lost one of her Twin babies

No one prays for complications

I'm happy you have a second back up. 9 months is a long time lets avoid stories that touch the heart

The people that end up when c section are not enemies of God. I'm sure they prayed too

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
mitchyy:
@kaffy4bill Thank God i met you online. Is it normal for a pregnant woman to be losing weight? I lost weight during 1st trimester due to terrible MS.
My last ANC, weight was 65. Today at ANC, my weight was 63. Is this okay? Dr didn't say anything and i forgot to ask him before leaving.
@other mamas, pls also help out biko

Was d same scale used? How is ur feeding now? U nid to try and eat healthy. We want u and baby to b ok cos either way the baby wil take all needed nutrient available so pls try ok
It's well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
Mofe is baba rolling stone.....Once he rolls and his body touches any obstruction, its goodbye sleep.

I gats relocate to Ekpoma to enjoy this no mosquitoes flex tongue

E-Hugs Sisters.[/quote]

Lol @rolling stone...Pls come o but na lack of water go send u go back lol...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
favoredgal:

I disagree.

How can a well equipped hospital send a woman whose water has broken and is loosing huge chunk of blood back?

They did that at the maternity home because they were ill equipped to take care of complications

I know they probably don't have the very best/top of the range facilities in this maternity. But what i picked from the story was more an error of judgement.

She said her water broke and the nurse said though she should be on bed rest she should still go to work. The bleeding started late at night after a second or third visit to the same hospital on the same day!

I'm saying she should have explored an alternative not allow anyone be playing games with her well being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
sayoddy:
Let's be thankful for this one in hope to get what you desire in later pregnant. In all, pray that this baby girl will be a blessed one, hale and hearty.
This is my first and wasn't particular about the sex and when the mid trimester scan was done, a boy. I got home, DH confessed he was happy about it that it'll give us rest of mind from his family if we give birth to all girls afterwards. He's the only male in the family to continue the name. I just looked at him in disgust. African mentality...

cheesy @ African mentality! The pressure is real sista LOL

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
mitchyy Ajuwarhodes Iyabetajos Juliebest Christybabe Jamesbridget13 hello to my teamies mamalet ...lol..asokale ayo oo..amin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
Chinwendym:
That's a wrong vision IMO, absolutely nothing wrong in hoping for the best and still preparing for the rest! So what happens if a patient has to be operated on to save her life or that of her unborn child? They referre? Time is usually of the essence in such cases o!
I'd advise all expectant mothers to register with a hospital that can handle ANY emergency! Faith alone is not enough.

As for the redeem maternity lipsrsealed Durostay I wouldn't generalize o! But one of their outlets wound me no be small! So am standing by you on this, and if one must use them please register with another that is also close to you to avoid stories that touch.

Tyconcepts I take God name beg you stay away from sniper! The composition of that stuff is too hazardous for humans to inhale! And 2-3hours ventilation isn't enough to rid the house of its residue, it has a long term effect on the lungs. I don't know why that thing is sold OTC.

Lawvlypearl take it in good faith, I also cried when my scan revealed that I was having a boy! I have been praying and hoping for a girl! In fact I refused shopping for any boy things and was only picking out girl stuffs grin (na so my belief strong reach) but now looking at my son is all I do! He is such an adorable baby kiss remember man proposes while God disposes! God will grant you your baby boy next time.

Asagal thanks for giving me a birthday mate congrats and kisses to your LO!kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Pls pls and pls let us not be quick to judge they are trying and the services are free. My hubby he's a medical doctor and he works in a government primary health care center, in this facility they don't do cs. So not doing cs is not peculiar to only redeem maternity home. Primary health care don't do cs if their is any complication they also refer and God has been helping them atleast as far has I know they haven't recorded any loses. It's not about the best of hands but of God that showeth mercy.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
babythug:

cheesy @ African mentality! The pressure is real sista LOL
Nothing compared to the pressure of not even one child after a reasonable long marriage. in laws can be a lot of stress even when they are 'trying to help'. still boils down to the foundation of the marriage and the will of the husband.
It is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
Pls pls and pls let us not be quick to judge they are trying and the services are free. My hubby he's a medical doctor and he works in a government primary health care center, in this facility they don't do cs. So not doing cs is not peculiar to only redeem maternity home. Primary health care don't do cs if their is any complication they also refer and God has been helping them atleast as far has I know they haven't recorded any loses. It's not about the best of hands but of God that showeth mercy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2016

By the way they only have midwives there in redeem maternity home and not doctors so there is no way they will carry out cs even in primary health care that they have doctors they don't do surgery there.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Was d same scale used? How is ur feeding now? U nid to try and eat healthy. We want u and baby to b ok cos either way the baby wil take all needed nutrient available so pls try ok
It's well

Yes, same scale was used. My feeding is far better than how it was in first trimester. I eat almost every 3hrs. I was surprised to see i lost weight today. Apart from my belle, my clothes are big in other parts of my body. My bum bum sef don dey flat. Lol
I don't know if i should be concerned about my weight or i should just eat healthy as advised and ignore.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rofemiguwa(f): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
We are in same both, I lost 15kg first trimester, gradually gaining it back. U will gradually gain urs too. In my second now. D gud part, no maternity clothes shopping, with my extended belle, my jeans still fit. So m still balling with my mini gowns and jean dem. Hehehehe

Jus eat healthy now, u will recover. Much luv

Team may kwenu!!

Heloo fab mamas in the house, congrats tatacherie n d odrs. Tank God for sade delivery. May we also share in ur testimonies!
Hi kaffy! Hi zaynie! Greetings to u all

mitchyy:

Yes, same scale was used. My feeding is far better than how it was in first trimester. I eat almost every 3hrs. I was surprised to see i lost weight today. Apart from my belle, my clothes are big in other parts of my body. My bum bum sef don dey flat. Lol
I don't know if i should be concerned about my weight or i should just eat healthy as advised and ignore.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
mitchyy:

Eat healthy and ignore, don't b worried.
Hope dis helps
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by julie2015: 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
Gaily04:
Where are my lovely team mamas. It time for roll call for Team May babes.

1. Tammyloreoluwa
2. Gaily04
3. nazablossom
4. Peddylove
5. Aleesha0815
6. Julie2015
7. Joysa
8. GodMercy2015
9. LawvlyPearl
10. HumbledbYgrace
11. brokewaist
12. estagirl
13. ambient
14. HD16
15. Olubankemi
16. Iceboo
17. mulberry
18. goldenruby
19. Rukemi291
20. bumbex

Any omission wasn't intentional. Pls feel free to add your name.
#teammayforsupernaturalandspeedydelivery
very much present
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by brokewaist(f): 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Chinwendym:
Brokewaist no vex o! I don't have any answer to your query, but I have a question for you! Was that the inspiration behind your username? undecided grin

That's a different story o. Three okada accidents and falling down from story building earned me the nickname o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
@Rukemi291, ozcy, lizzy22. I saw the fisher-price convertible rocker+chair for 13,500 will the bouncer is 12k.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 8:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
asagal:
To God b d glory. i put to bed on 17/01/16 2 a BBB. God bls u all!!! wsh oda pushn mamas a perfect delvry IJN.
#Teamjan4perfectdelivery#
BS L8r
congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
brokewaist:

That's a different story o. Three okada accidents and falling down from story building earned me the nickname o
shocked shocked shocked only you?
GOD is your strength.
You will carry to term and deliver a healthy baby amen

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stposh: 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
enoqueen:

In gbagada general, it's 61k and the patient will be responsible for her drugs.
I was equally told 45dk wen I went ther to reg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2016
Gaily04:
@Rukemi291, ozcy, lizzy22. I saw the fisher-price convertible rocker+chair for 13,500 will the bouncer is 12k.
The prices have gone down I guess.
Which one you com buy?
I bot my mamalove swing abt 3yrs plus for 12k , using it for 3rd baby now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2016
Zaynie, I can see you peeping grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
tatacherie...congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
Beremx:
Mamas in the house, please how much does it cost for a CS in government hospitals in Lagos? Please i wanna know. Thanks
45k General hospital ikorodu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
enoqueen:

In gbagada general, it's 61k and the patient will be responsible for her drugs.
As at last yr june wen i went der to reg as an alternative hospital, it ws 45k
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enoqueen: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
stposh:

I was equally told 45dk wen I went ther to reg.

I registered there today.

VB is 36k
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enoqueen: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
missmalachi:

As at last yr june wen i went der to reg as an alternative hospital, it ws 45k

Ok. It's was so in 2014 too when I went to register.

I was there today to register and was told it's 61k, I was so surprise. VB is now 36k
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Chinwendym:

Tyconcepts I take God name beg you stay away from sniper! The composition of that stuff is too hazardous for humans to inhale! And 2-3hours ventilation isn't enough to rid the house of its residue, it has a long term effect on the lungs. I don't know why that thing is sold OTC.

Sniper is really harsh.....Truth! But when I use I drop it around 3pm and before we get to use that room is till 7pm/8pm. Its meant as pest control for agro purposes I guess that's why it sold in the open and since mosquitoes is pest hence why again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2016
enoqueen:

Ok. It's was so in 2014 too when I went to register.

I was there today to register and was told it's 61k, I was so surprise. VB is now 36k
Datz serious. My neighbour had her cs der wnd sept n it ws still 45k but i cldnt complete my own reg cos i cldnt tolerate der attitude so i made do wit d private i ws using.
Maybe d dollar issue is affecting them toooo.abi waitin i go talk.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
Gaily04:

Hiya! Where did you source them? Do you mind sharing pictures of the one you bought?

Really hoping its somewhere in Lagos
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
tyconcepts:

Sniper is really harsh.....Truth! But when I use I drop it around 3pm and before we get to use that room is till 7pm/8pm. Its meant as pest control for agro purposes I guess that's why it sold in the open and since mosquitoes is pest hence why again.
Maybe you shouldn't use it daily to be safe. I once ended up in hospital with my 2nd child because he inhaled regular insecticide how much more sniper! God will spare us from malaria. Maybe you can fix a net on the kitchen door since you leave it open

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.