Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8200080 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2016
lovinam:
I hopee yourr are doing ok!

am fine o. how are you

mummyf:
Dhabeautyjas, I have missed u too oo.jas baby nko? U and rukkie always doing bumper to bumper. grin I lost all my contacts o so I don't have ur no anymore.
Happy bumping dear.

i just buzzed you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omaibaji(f): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2016
ozycy:

Your are officially welcomed to this great family.
Smooth preggy and swift delivery to you.
Many thanks Ozycy and Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omaibaji(f): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2016
Sabi Mamas, your opinion is needed pls. I have had this cold that wont go away for one week now. I have licked all the VitC in the market but it wont go. Occasionally i sneeze so hard that I'm scared it could affect LO. Do you think its worth seeing my doctor for? embarassed N/B it does not affect my sleep. Am not sure anything can, hubby calls me sleepy sleepy wife.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2016
Omaibaji:
Sabi Mamas, your opinion is needed pls. I have had this cold that wont go away for one week now. I have licked all the VitC in the market but it wont go. Occasionally i sneeze so hard that I'm scared it could affect LO. Do you think its worth seeing my doctor for? embarassed N/B it does not affect my sleep. Am not sure anything can, hubby calls me sleepy sleepy wife.
\
Colds are viral it will go away on it's own eventually. Check that your environment isn't dusty. na one main cause of incessant catarrh be that! Then increase your fruits intake, citrus ones wink

It is well with ya soul

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FINA4804(f): 9:23am On Feb 02, 2016
@ambient, I can't stop laughing. I did not go to Aba,I got all my things in portharcouth, check Mile 1,Romumasi mkt
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 9:37am On Feb 02, 2016
Peach45:
had to log in now wen I saw ur question, u can't tie ur stomach because of d stitches n don't press bt rather clean with towel n for d sitz bath u can sit. Cos u know dat place was not stressed bt for tightening sake. Y am saying I have a friend who did CS after some days went n use girdle,d stitches got open n she started bleeding. It was God dat save her.took her to d theatre to sow d stich.i did CS too I did not tie till 3months n my stomach is flat n my son will b 11month dis Sunday.
@peach45, please how & what did you use to tie your stomach after 3months? My stomach is still same after 4months, though I originally don't have a flat stomach.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 9:53am On Feb 02, 2016
FINA4804:
@ambient, I can't stop laughing. I did not go to Aba,I got all my things in portharcouth, check Mile 1,Romumasi mkt
my dear I don't really know those places .oya send me your list sharp sharpsharp grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2016
Peddylove:

Hello rezzy, is that the hospital u r using at the moment? what r the days of registration?
teamie, I am using alimosho general hospital. the day of registration is on Tuesday's. be there b4 8am.
the first day,you pay #650..
then the second payment is #5500(for test%scans)
third payment is registration fee 14,200. then donation of blood also. normal delivery 10,200. as for buying baby things, you can go to article market opposite tradefair market, they sell cheaper than inside tradefair. just stop at underbridge and ask around, the market is exactly at underbridge
apple19,congratulations at the birth of your lo.
@omaibeji welcome to team may.
other waddling mama's, una weldone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 10:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Hahahha. Are you from Zambiia? You mean you don't know that salty clayish stuff people eat? Lol
babythug:

Clay kwa?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2016
ambient:

my dear I don't really know those places .oya send me your list sharp sharpsharp grin
What about oil mill market on Wednesdays? Heard baby stuffs specifically clothes, are quite cheap there..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 10:38am On Feb 02, 2016
while i admit that indeed i am American wink gringrin.... truly this clay thing is strange to me oh. Though i suspect you mean that stuff that igbo/ibo(just choose whichever is politically correct) call NZU and even that is strange to me!

But the description of nzu seems more like white chalk sha...

But again what does my American (EMERICAN- like my boss would say) self know

lovinam:
Hahahha. Are you from Zambiia? You mean you don't know that salty clayish stuff people eat? Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
@ambient, was thinking of doing small window shopping @ that babyshop this weekend o, didn't knw there are so expensive. My dear ariaria is always on point o, u just have to study yourself to know if u can handle the stress. I intend going there next week to get few things.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
Oh dear! Another Zaynie! I give up! Rotfl!! You know what. Talking about then.

babythug:
while i admit that indeed i am American wink gringrin.... truly this clay thing is strange to me oh. Though i suspect you mean that stuff that igbo/ibo(just choose whichever is politically correct) call NZU and even that is strange to me!

But the description of nzu seems more like white chalk sha...

But again what does my American (EMERICAN- like my boss would say) self know

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Gaily04:
@ambient, was thinking of doing small window shopping @ that babyshop this weekend o, didn't knw there are so expensive. My dear ariaria is always on point o, u just have to study yourself to know if u can handle the stress. I intend going there next week to get few things.
Before I even got pregnant, I DO all my shopping in Ariaria ooo including kitchen utensils as there assorted things there tho still not lik Balogun market. ..Am sincerely praying I will be ready to handle the stress of travelling when am ready. I plan going there either in April or May latest. Please which line or section can I find babies items and at the cheapest prices?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
@gaily04, where in particular in araria do u buy ur baby stuffs or do u jst vist any shop that sells baby items?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Before I even got pregnant, I DO all my shopping in Ariaria ooo including kitchen utensils as there assorted things there tho still not lik Balogun market. ..Am sincerely praying I will be ready to handle the stress of travelling when am ready. I plan going there either in April or May latest. Please which line or section can I find babies items and at the cheapest prices?

What trips me most is the variety I get there. I usually go to A-Line area
Cc:
mompurity2
I usually go to ngosteve shop cos of quality, but will try other shops since they don't have most of the things I want

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
Chili89:
Sabi mamas! MS is killing me oo, I have been on folic acid, Vit b-complex and omega 3 but the morning sickness refused to reduce. I feel cold from morning till evening. A friend suggest I start pregnacare, I'm 9weeks and a FTM. CC @all pls don't ignore

Sis we're in dis together o, d only consolation I av is dat I dont vomit but worst nightmare has started, I now spit to d extent of carrying container but am going to send it away by fire by force. Can't drink water except it's cold and no appetite, can't even remember d last time I cooked as d food no deh gree go, bt am not going to complain too much as it is all part of d package.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
Sorry o chili89 and blessedmum . its part of the package . Have you ladies started antenatal yet? Saw my doc yesterday and he said women that struggled with infertility (and in my case surgery) are considered high risk. So im starting this week.

Cc loistee
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Peddylove(f): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
Teamie, thanks a lot for the info.

Sabi mamas, pls I need list of baby items to buy and their price range, also suggestion of skin products to use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
sugah:
Sorry o chili89 and blessedmum . its part of the package . Have you ladies started antenatal yet? Saw my doc yesterday and he said women that struggled with infertility (and in my case surgery) are considered high risk. So im starting this week.

Cc loistee

Thanks my sexy class rep, I av not started yet o bt I av gone to see my gynae, I av another appointment on Tue and he requested for scan . I ll start antenatal in two weeks time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
Blessedmum:

Sis we're in dis together o, d only consolation I av is dat I dont vomit but worst nightmare has started, I now spit to d extent of carrying container but am going to send it away by fire by force. Can't drink water except it's cold and no appetite, can't even remember d last time I cooked as d food no deh gree go, bt am not going to complain too much as it is all part of d package.

Try peppermints and peppermint tea to stop the spitting. I hear bitter kola helps too but i can't put that thing near my lips cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzfunshy(f): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
Thank you peach45
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
babythug:

Try peppermints and peppermint tea to stop the spitting. I hear bitter kola helps too but i can't put that thing near my lips cheesy grin

Thanks sis, am even thinking of ginger tea.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Gaily04:
they have mainly JUNIOR product I think it would last a long time but I can't bring out 20k to buy blanket abeg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
@ambient n other mamas who need essential baby things to buy:

Clothing
8 one-piece outfits or onesies (mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeve)
5 nightgowns (for use until the cord falls off)
8 one-piece sleepsuits
5 pairs of pants/ dresses
2 newborn hats
12 pairs of socks or booties, to wear with nightgowns and outfits
2 pairs of mittens, to keep baby from scratching face
3-5 (or more) outfits for dressing up

Blankets
3 large cotton blankets
8 receiving blankets (also used as burp cloths)

Breastfeeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
Breast pump (manual or electric)
Milk storage containers
Nursing pillow (not essential)
Nursing bras (if buying before baby is born, buy one cup size larger than your pregnant bra size)
Breast pads (disposable or washable)
Lotion or ointment for sore nipples (lanolin-based is best)

Formula feeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
8 four-ounce bottles with nipples
6 eight-ounce bottles with nipples
Bottle and nipple brush
Formula (be sure to check expiry date)
Thermal bottle carrier
Thermal flask

Diapering
One box or two bags of newborn-size diapers (Don’t buy too many in advance in case your baby is large or grows quickly)
Diaper bag
Changing pad
Baby ointment or barrier cream to prevent rash
Disposable wipes or washcloths for cleaning baby’s bottom

Bathtime
1 plastic infant tub
1 cup or bowl to pour water
4 washcloths, not used on baby’s bottom
Baby soap or cleanser
Baby shampoo (optional)
Dettol or savlon (optional)
Baby lotion/ cream
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels

Sleeping
If you are using a crib:
Crib and crib mattress
3 waterproof mattress covers
4 fitted cribsheets
4 light blankets that fit in the crib
If sleeping with parents:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed)
3 waterproof pads to place under baby
Light blanket (keep away from baby’s head)

Other necessities
Infant carseat
Wrapper/wrapping cloth and Oja
Nail clippers or scissors (or just bite off baby’s nails as needed)
Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
Baby thermometer

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
Mamas using Iya Abiye abi church abi alagbo delivery things.
Please lets be careful.
My nurse friend just gave me gist of how a HIV positive mother who was attending their ANC absconded (lol) and instead went to deliver at iya alagbo. Only God knows if they did the appropriate tests or even took necessary precautions esp knowing that these people do not usually believe that HIV is real.

The woman sef do herself, I am sure out of shame she will put her baby to breast so as not to alert people.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
;Dheyo sweet mothers how borri?
i don ask this question b4 buh no borri answer me angry abi no warri mama for here? abg ma besti dey ma neck if una know of good hospital in warri make una tell me. free kpokpo garri and groundnut for una grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chili89: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
@sugah my class rep, I havn't started yet oo. Waiting to reach 12weeks. @blessedmum e no easy at all ooo even body cream have been sent to hell due to d smell but it's all good sha.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CheeryChy(f): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
Good evening oh. I hail all the senior sabi mamas in the house. Una too much. Madam Zaynie, I carry dollars come pay my dues o and enough crates of malt for the mamas in the house. grin. Please collect ya share. I'm a Newlywed( 10 weeks) and FTM, 8 weeks gone already. Ready to learn o. Went to the hospital last month and was given drugs like Folic, Bcom, Calcium, Iron and Multivitamin. I have been taking them diligently. Please Do I still need to take Pregnacare? More questions coming later. smiley #TeamSeptemberForSupernaturalDelivery. Please add me Class Captain. Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kamotisha: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Omaibaji:

Pele....I had cold for the whole 9 months of pregnancy. It stopped immediately after delivery. It's part of the package. It's nothing to worry about, vit c is okay but u can complain to your doctor on your next clinic day. Happy bumping!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
CheeryChy:
Good evening oh. I hail all the senior sabi mamas in the house. Una too much. Madam Zaynie, I carry dollars come pay my dues o and enough crates of malt for the mamas in the house. grin. Please collect ya share. I'm a Newlywed( 10 weeks) and FTM, 8 weeks gone already. Ready to learn o. Went to the hospital last month and was given drugs like Folic, Bcom, Calcium, Iron and Multivitamin. I have been taking them diligently. Please Do I still need to take Pregnacare? More questions coming later. smiley #TeamSeptemberForSupernaturalDelivery. Please add me Class Captain. Thank you.

welcome dear, have a stress free pregnancy dear.

***peeps around, Thank God madam zaynie is not around***
emmm babe *smiles* gimme some share of d dollar...no tell aunty zaynie ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzfunshy(f): 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
Good evening sabi mamas. Help a confused ftm. People have been asking if am using the usual drugs for my lo and I tell them I wasn't given any at the hospital. Like abidec and multivitamins. Am confused o, lo is two weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.