Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8161970 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
my weightloss tips..drink.ing hot water after delivery

enkay..u no i no dey joke wt iyan nowtongue
dis is for Vbirth delivery dont knw abt CS.

cc mumi zaynie.mitchyy.Towerofgrace.Liftedhands.Melly245.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
enkaydewdrop thanks for the weightloss tips for #fabfriday,i have shared it for future reference, kiss baby for me.
Sabi mamas i greet u all,hapry weekend at all your ends

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
enkaydewdrop thanks for the weightloss tips for #fabfriday,i have shared it for future reference, kiss baby for me.
Sabi mamas i greet u all,happy weekend at all your ends
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
runsaway:

Hi Mam,
You can try using Apple
All the best.
Thanks sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
Fortius:

i have no idea ni ma...na ori nd cotton tree petroleum jelly i dey use..na mitchyy nd mumi zaynie or goldenruby dat can help.mumi liftedhands pls help too
so hold on pls..they arent online nd today na friday too..u hia?
Thanks dear. Please say me well to lucas and her sis

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
atinuketuna1:

Abeg no vex, if your skin looks pale are you double sure your pcv is okay..as per the type of cream and soap to use..maybe other sabi mamas will give you suggestions
Thanks sis. Will suggest a pvc check in my next appointment.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
enque:
Lol @ quadruplets o, na only 1 she born o, but she did EBF for 1 year.

Sabi mamas, is there anything like the bolded? Enque, shee na mistake you make?
Exclusive breastfeeding for one whole year shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Before... (Nov 2014)
After... (August 2015)
Another After... (September 2015)
grin grin grin...

Couldn't get more decent pics...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
#FabFriday...

5...Before I started my weightloss journey, I checked my weight and took measurements of my arms, bust, underbust, wrists, waist (belly button part), waist (below the belly), hips, thighs; penned them down in my jotter, along with the date I took the measurements...
Thank God I did this, because after a while, my scale stopped moving. I kept eating clean and exercising, yet my weight wasn't changing, but when I checked my measurements, they were actually changing...

Sorry for my long post... D
I have a jotter for taking measurement with date too, yes it actually gives me joy to see am loosing some fat. I want to attain 70kg at least. I weighed 80kg but now down to 75kg.
I ve almost eliminated rice from my meal, swallow is an occasional thing now.

I also moved from size Large belly band to small cos this my protruding belly go like to give me unnecessary tough time.
Do you use thread mill for the 3km walk? I no get, so I have to walk round the estate and sometimes I no dey get strength especially in the morning.

#I refuse to be fat, angry
# I must be fit grin
# I must look my age tongue
Abeg make I go for my walk, time don reach.
Am doing 4km or more. I dey come o, mak una no run leave me with una talk talk. Brb

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
fearless07:
Finally!!! U mamas can talk but it's all good cos I am getting useful tips from all the talk. Pls, like enkayde.wdrop suggested can we discuss how to shed pregnancy weight especially for us that gave birth via CS (as per big tommy). This is my second cs and I want to know what I can do to shed tommy fat.
CC: za.ynie, liftedh.ands, mit.chyy, soon.est and all Sabi mamas.

Ma'am liftedhands, how long should one take the uda pepper soup. TIA
I stopped taking uda everyday at around 3weeks after delivery. Then it became an every other day thing, really helped my tummy and milk flow.

As per the weight loss na now I dey "actively"try do exercise (dancing in my parlour)as my doctor said I shouldn't try it till like 8-12 months but chop chop no gree the weight fall off embarassed

I do crash dieting (shame on me) but it has been of help so far as I too lazy to do any long term ish.

Sex sex sex if you've got your libido back please maximise this option. It's the only vigorous thing I do to sweat and get my blood flowing and I love it.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aim07(f): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Mamas i hale o, happy weekend to you all.... i beg touch my matter o...My 8 months baby uses her chest to crawl rather than hands and leg i.e. she draws her chest on d floor. Please has any mother experienced this? Is there any way i can help her to crawl? Is it possible that she may not crawl at all till she stands? Please share ur view.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
ozycy:

Exclusive breastfeeding for one whole year shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I think that term EBF has been used/abused in the wrong context. Many mums do not know that "exclusive" breastfeeding means breastmilk ONLY. No water. No glucose. No ogi.

Some mums start feeding their babies ogi and Amala Ati ewedu from 6 months, but just because they are still combining breastfeeding with it, they term it EBF for one year.

It's been said everywhere that from 6 months, a baby needs more than breast milk for their nutrition and healthy growth. I do not see how a baby can be exclusively breastfed for 12 whole months ( I mean exclusive - no water, no solids) without such baby being underweight at 12 months.

By 8 months, most babies want to eat what you are eating. My son at 11 months inserted his fist into my bowl of amala in anger just because I refused to feed him the amala grin grin (I believe "swallows" should be introduced after 12 months). I was forced to share my fish with him (e no kuku sabi the difference. As long as it's from my plate, he's happy). grin

In summary, NO, I do not believe that a baby can be fed just breast milk (no water, no solids) for an entire 12 months !!! Mothers that claim such are being economical with the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
Aim07:
Mamas i hale o, happy weekend to you all.... i beg touch my matter o...My 8 months baby uses her chest to crawl rather than hands and leg i.e. she draws her chest on d floor. Please has any mother experienced this? Is there any way i can help her to crawl? Is it possible that she may not crawl at all till she stands? Please share ur view.
Absolutely normal! She's cruising and will just go to standing and walking phase from there.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
helovesme:

I think that term EBF has been used/abused in the wrong context. Many mums do not know that "exclusive" breastfeeding means breastmilk ONLY. No water. No glucose. No ogi.

Some mums start feeding their babies ogi and Amala Ati ewedu from 6 months, but just because they are still combining breastfeeding with it, they term it EBF for one year.

It's been said everywhere that from 6 months, a baby needs more than breast milk for their nutrition and healthy growth. I do not see how a baby can be exclusively breastfed for 12 whole months ( I mean exclusive - no water, no solids) without such baby being underweight at 12 months.

By 8 months, most babies want to eat what you are eating. My son at 11 months inserted his fist into my bowl of amala in anger just because I refused to feed him the amala grin grin (I believe "swallows" should be introduced after 12 months). I was forced to share my fish with him (e no kuku sabi the difference. As long as it's from my plate, he's happy). grin

In summary, NO, I do not believe that a baby can be fed just breast milk (no water, no solids) for an entire 12 months !!! Mothers that claim such are being economical with the truth.
Well said! Breast milk stops being a whole meal that a baby can depend on from six month. If a mother goes beyond this that baby will be severely iron deficient.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
ozycy:

Do you use thread mill for the 3km walk? I no get, so I have to walk round the estate and sometimes I no dey get strength especially in the morning.

No oh... I don't use a treadmill. I don't even use running shoes most of the time.
You'll only need your phone/laptop whenever you want to do it. You follow the lady's instructions and do whatever she does.
It's basically walking on the spot and moving around your room sometimes, but to the rhythm of a background music, which changes tempo from time to time... While walking on the spot/around the room, she includes arm raises, leg raises, knee lifts, side steps and some other exercises (dunno their names)... That way, you burn extra calories...
While at it, you're basically doing brisk walking with added exercises...
Before you know what's happening, you've done 3 miles.. . It lasts about 42 minutes and is very easy...
It may be a bit difficult for the first one or two weeks, but it becomes very very easy after that...

Just check walk your belly flat (3 mile walk) with Leslie Sansone on YouTube...
It'll be better if you download it, instead of streaming it everytime you want to use it...

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
runsaway:
Sugah

Abeg no vex. My edd is around sallah holiday; plus i Love fried Christmas and sallah ram, that is why I use ram for dues o

Your own due is coming- na Amazon gift card I go send come your end. Xoxo.
grin grin grin That bribe is good enough.
As you late to register so, please ensure you sama us your BS as e dey hot
Meanwhile, what's your EDD and baby gender?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
No b mistake o. That's what she said she did

ozycy:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Redoil: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
zaynie:
Mr Redoil, you cannot come in here due to an innocent mention and start displaying your talents for pregnant and nursing mothers.

Respect yourself and crawl back into your corner.

why you harsh like this? Any way i will respect you and obey you

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
rezzy love...I have just been laughing at your post. . it is normal for toddlers to act like that..
take a deep breath. .study your boy.. note his likes and dislikes ..note what he enjoys doing., create a routine for him and take each day as it comes. .
it became easy for me when I understood my boy's personality. .
he enjoys playing and dancing..he likes the atmosphere friendly. .he doesn't like he when you shout., he gets naughtier..
so what did I do?
I form a song with everything I want him to do so he sees it as fun..even to drink water..
we dance a lot, when he is playing with my hair, I turn it to peek a boo and I distract him..
with his sister, I make him carry her and peck her..he calls her baby..I make him clean her mouth when she has siptups..I make him return the wipes when b we are done changing her diaper and he disposes the dirty diaper in the bin..
I always engage him for my sanity..I also make him understand he is a big brother...baby always smiles when he carries her..when she is fussy, I tell him lets sing for baby and we start dancing..
he goes for outdoor play when I observe he needs to burn some energy make hin no break my head so we jog round the compound cos I cant leave him outside unsupervised. .after like 5 runs, he will be tired nd we sing inside..sometimes, I put on music channel so he can dance while I get to do other things. .
something happened 2days ago. .
when he came back from his summer class, baby was sleeping. .before baby woke up, he was taking his nap so they missed eachother..by the time he woke up, baby had gone back to sleep and this was around 5pm... fuad came to me in the kitchen and he was like baby..I thought he meant I should carry him like baby cos he does that a lot. .so I carried him and threw him up..fuad didn't laff..I put on his cartoon..he wasnt excited. .he kept saying baby..baby..that was when I realised he was talking about his sister..I then said lets go and see baby she should be up by now..I felt the excitement. .he was happy. .he ran to the room and opened to door..he sat on the bed and was patting her back..I put her on his laps ans he pecked her like 5 times..
hmmmm..... I felt the love. .
what is the point behind my epistle. .
understand your child..behind that naughty boy is a sweet boy..bring out the sweetness in him..
stop shouting. .it does nothing..tell him what u want him to do in clear and simple words..start with two words in receptive terms.. like give mama/mummy..the remote..point at it so he understands what u are saying..give him time to respond. .dont bombard him with a lot of words..he doesn't understand. .
stop hitting him please. .you are only teaching him to be aggressive. .and to hit people when he is angry..
if he is doing what you dont like..redirect him by giving him something else.. when you collect the remote from him, replace it with a toy or a piece of apple
praise, praise praise..kides love it when they know they have done something and its being noticed..do a lot of hi5's,,claps, pecks, hugs..it boosts their self esteem and confidence. .he still has a long way to go in life..and what he feels about himself starts from now..
teach independence. .when he throws things on the floor, encourage him to pick up and give it to you. when he does, praise him..you will be surprised that you dont need to tell him to return things when he picks them up..cos you have conditioned him..teach him to use the bin..my 18months old throws his biscuit wrap in the bin..I always encourage him and I observed he does it now wi thout a word from me..I gibe him a hi5 for being a good boy..he says thank you when I give him stuffs..I started by saying thank you when I do anything for him and I encouraged people to do the same to him..and I also tell him tahnk you when he picks up things from the floor and gives them to me. now he says thank you without prompts..I repky whenever he says it just to encourage him
play with him..no matter how tired you are, find time for him..understand his feelings. .they dont throw tantrums for no reason..when they know u understand them, they will feel safe to open up to you..
be a friend to your child before being a mum..
may God make it easy..

congratulations to mamas that just put to bed..may God bless you los..
ma'am zaynie..how far

54 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
Enkaydewdrop its advised to always wear running shoes when exercising.

I definitely need these tips. Especially for CS mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
Purity77:

as per assistant nahh cheesy o di egwu, lolsss
Presido has already received her goods with joy. fara bale joo
So Na u cause civil war?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
enque:
No b mistake o. That's what she said she did
not possible dear..big fat lie!
Aim07..my lucas was lik dat too.
iomoge2..howdy ma.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Primark:

This got me laughing
I only realised it was true when it was too late.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Redoil:
you too like trouble
Yels
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
sugah:
Enkaydewdrop its advised to always wear running shoes when exercising.

I definitely need these tips. Especially for CS mamas.

No mind me oh... I just hate them...
As per Bush geh concerned...
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
helovesme:

grin grin grin grin grin

This mama is sooooo polite!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Fortius:

not possible dear..big fat lie!

Aim..my was lik dat too.

..howdy ma.

As in eh. Very very very very big fat lie.

Why such mums tell such lies beats me. Dem dey give special award for bragging about EBF when behind closed doors dem dey feed the pikin semo.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
hajarahbadmus...iya apeke oya hifivegringrin

helovesme...ovasabi plenty for naija here..mesef dey gv bae water now wen constipation dey disturbbher evwn my doc give d green lite ..hanhan one year for wia! dem dey talk say dia pikin dey waka @ 3mnths sef..awon baddotongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
My sisters , una good morning oh....
Hows everyone doing?
Mbok, taking care of a baby izint beans oh... And to think that I wanted 6 before.. My eye don neat...
My bro and sis (cousins) just came in for the weekend.. . Just a few hours with Jay, and they're already warning me to hold my baby by myself... Them don taya... They thought I was joking when I told them it hasn't been easy... cheesy

dunasy, zaynie, prettyhurts, nosa melly245, witchy mitchyy, and Fortius, thanks a lot for checking on me.. .

Big congrats to all those who have offloaded and uploaded too grin (happy and healthy 9 months to you)...

raptor2 and baby8, your stories broke my heart. But I thank God that you finally got your miracles, and I decree that they have come to stay, and will fulfil destiny in gand style. You both will never suffer loss again, in Jesus Name... Amen...

HumbledbYGrace, finally sis, I get to see your princess... she's very beautiful... Please, give her a kiss for me...

Dexterush, how you doing sis?

Goldenruby, just manage this kiss kiss

Ma'am Zaynie, when is sallah?
I wan chop rice and meat.. . grin

BritneyStacy, how are you holding up sis? Don't worry, this time next week, your lovely baby will be in your arms..
Get ready for vigilante... grin

I saw some thread cuties.. . Very lovely and yummy babies... kiss

Mitchyy, melly245 and Fortius, how una dey? Howzit going?

Gosh! I feel so tired.. .
Ma'am ozycy, how do you cope?
I have only one and I feel soooo drained at the end of each day... I even wake up tired.. . cry

Ehen senior mama lovinam, Izit true you have 7 boys shocked... How do you manage ma?

Suzy, sorry about the fibroid... don't worry, you'll be fine...
#WarmHugsSugar...

Ma'am Liftedhands, I saw your buff buff cheesy cheesy cheesy, and now it's "hungrying me". Bet you know it's not good for my waistline na, why did you post it? cry cry cry
Kikikikikikikikikikkikikikikiki!! !
How's Ekene?

Whew!!!
What did I leave out?

It's #FabFriday
What are we doing today...

I suggest weight-loss tips for those that have downloaded and have some excess weight to shed...
Abi wetin una think?
We need to look #Fab again grin grin grin

I'll be back with some tips.. .

Kisses everyone.. . kiss kiss kiss
You left me out cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hajarahbadmus well said bae.
I'm good. How's F and F?
Doing good I'm sure.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
Aim07:
That's what my baby is doing presently. Some go straight from there to standing while some get to finally crawl on knees for a short while before standing. Both are normal. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
ozycy:

What do you do with your big thermal flask?

Small flask was for making baby's food and after we switched to breastmilk, i started using it for my tea in between meals.
Big flask was to store hot water bathing baby. I just boil and store in the flask till i'm ready to bathe him cus phcn is not reliable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.