Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8143194 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by portable4real: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2016
@ Onegai... thank you so much for the vivid explanation. you spoke my mind on the issue of CS.

Please let us all be thinking positively. the situation of health facility in dis country does not worth ur skin to be cut for no reason.

At Jumayin,, if you see someone that gone through cs and had complications you won't pray for it.

I saw a woman in labour without any Indication for cs and was shouting that they should take her for cs . when d doc didn't answer her she started behaving uncooperative,, pushing towards undilated cervix until she had cervical tears. she was eventually sectioned but she regretted it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by simplecollectio(f): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
Good morning mamas

Fairly used Graco Baby Cot Keep your little one comfortable and safe wherever you go Options include:- * Keeps wipes, diapers and other changing essentials at your fingertips with changing pad's built-in storage pockets * The Nest Bassinet gives your little one a comfy at home or away * Use the playard changing station with or without the changing pad for extra comfort and many changing possibilities * Changing table's wipe-clean fabrics make clean-up a snap, so you can continue enjoying your time with baby Other features:- * Easy to store and transport in hand carry bag * Canopy with soft toys * Full size removable bassinet * Push button fold makes folding easy * Mesh on all four sides improves ventilation * Wheels to help you carry your baby conveniently within the house * Durable and can be used for your next baby
Price 35,000
Location- Abuja
Call 09053018337

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2016
Rejoice with me my E-family as I welcomed my baby boy into this world yesterday Aug 29th weighing 3kg at 42 weeks.
Alhamdulillah both baby and mama are doing well and tryin to get to know each other.
May the almighty God make it easy for the remainin Aug/Sept mamas.

53 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Unic1:

it will be better soon teamie. my toddler threw my phone in water so iv been offline for a few days

Awwww, kpele.
Maybe he wanted to help you dryclean the phone, you should be grateful you have such a caring child grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:14am On Aug 30, 2016
Blessedmum:
proudmom38 am touched by your story especially d part where little proudy was eating cheese balls in replacement of food.
The truth is so many people are going through a lot it's just dat some of us don't let it get to us. All I know is no condition is permanent d poor today ll become rich tomorrow .
I pray for all families represented here that God ll meet us at our various points of needs.

U can say dat again sis...Amen n Amen 2d prayer!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by runsaway: 11:17am On Aug 30, 2016
Ada243:
My Birth Story.
Labour only lasted 3hrs......

She called later for me to come out as she's driving down to my house, I was very happy. got to the hospital at 4am, I didn't let the nurses check me as d pain didn't allow me to stay. I started pooping and my water broke, she shouted that I should climb d bed. she said I should cooperate with her so she can turn baby's head to face up to prevent her from swallowing anything. she flipped her head and I pushed with d next contraction, baby didn't come, she was too big. wen contraction returned I pushed again no way. with the third contraction baby came out screaming at 4:25am weighing 4.45kg. I was giving an injection to deliver the placenta, it came out afterwards. baby gave me tear and suturing itself felt worse than labour but thank God it ended in praise. congrats to mama's still dropping, may your Los be a source of favour and blessing to your household . safe delivery to all pregnant women and BFP to all ATC mums.

Wow! 4.45kg! shocked
Thank God for seeing you through and sending you help when you most needed it

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2016
comtem2011:
Amen o, we can't begin to share this experience, especially me. Sometimes it will be as if the world is coming to an end but above all the gift of life gives hope.

U re right ma'am,d gift of life gives hope indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by runsaway: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2016
uwani:
Rejoice with me my E-family as I welcomed my baby boy into this world yesterday Aug 29th weighing 3kg at 42 weeks.
Alhamdulillah but baby and mama are doing well and tryin to get to know each other.

Praise to God and warm wishes to you.....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2016
Wow, this ya explanation is very graphic... I needed it sha...
Onegai:

Hmm. Are you having your baby in Nigeria? Do you realise how bad our Healthcare system is here and has gotten worse due to the dollar hike (hospitals are getting low on things like syringes and it is either they increase their fees or well...do the Naija method and cut some corners).

Is your husband willing to risk your life and that of his child for his pride?

Perhaps you and he don't precisely know what will happen. Yes, BS can explain but they are not painting a picture. Allow me:

Go and carry your handbag. Hold the two sides of the top open. Good. Now drag them apart. Use your hands to be pulling them apart, shaking it as if you want to expand it. Now go and buy Digestive biscuit, eat one. The size of that biscuit is 10cm. That's how big you're going to get, so imagine pushing a 3.2kg baby (or more) through a whole the size of that Digestive biscuit.
That's what's going to happen to your vajajay during labour. The nurses will shove their hands inside you to check whether your mucus plug has broken and see how dilated you are. The doctor will pull open your coochie so he or she can have access easier. Even at 10cm (full dilation), you still have to be expanded to allow baby not get stuck in that hole and suffocate. Plus there will be a lot of fluids and blood being spilled everywhere and the doctor may be cutting you so you don't tear (even more blood).

So, does that sound like a sexy moment, do you think that anyone seeing that will be thinking "hmm, I'm so turned on right now??". Do you think anyone really wants to be looking at all that mucus and blood, what if you haven't shaved, it's not a pretty sight, dear.

Now, I approve of CS when there are no other options. . But I'm going to tell you the truth: All the women who die during childbirth died because they had a complication that required surgery. Even with all I described above, Vaginal birth is still much safer than CS. You can go and look at some Obituary posters if you really need to be scared even more. The only reason elective surgery started was because they had to do it to stop even worse complications and then people decided to start using it for random reasons. The doctors abroad won't agree to allow you do elective CS, they will do their best to convince you not to. But if you guys really want to trust a Nigerian hospital to put your life and that if the child into 50% chance of danger (hey, they may take light during surgery. That happened to my cousin at Nigerian Naval Hosp), because your husband is uncomfortable with people trying to allow you give birth the way God intended you to do, then go ahead.

Ask your husband to follow you to antenatal and let the doctor explain. Watch some birthing videos online. And maybe you guys rethink your decision. If you choose to still go ahead, no problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2016
Congrats Uwani, God bless ur baby.
Ada243, congrats once again all glory be to God for sending you help on time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:32am On Aug 30, 2016
JUMAYIN:
Good morning mamas,na so I showed Dh 1 of d BS shared here o,then he said no doc is gonna put fingers inside his wife's jajaina o, then we decided on d option of elective CS,now my question is how does 1 opt for elective CS coz I know some docs won't give u d option of that if der is everything is going on smoothly n does 1 wait to be full termed b4 d CS begins, plz mamas don't read n pass.thanks
From 37 weeks you can opt for a Cs just tell the doctor the date is special to you and your DH and want baby to come out that day! He or she can't tell you no unless they don't do Cs.
My next Preggy by the grace of God na Cs at 37 weeks kpomkwem I go do no time mehn.

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2016
hormobollar:
Birth Alert

Rejoice with my family, my princess arrived this morning by 3:19am weighing 3:39kg through VD. It's the Lord doing because I was initially booked for CS tomorrow.
BS later

wow, Miraculous GOD. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2016
helovesme:

Hahahaha. It's super easy. The course I studied has little to do with how I write.
grin
Thanks for this, will put it into practice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2016
babythug:

hahahahaha even the MD of such a company will immediately beg for mercy cheesy
Am telling you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2016
runsaway:

Pls go to the hospital now!!

Dont cook, dont clean; order you uber and go to the hospital now. Do not ask but demand to see a doctor right away.

No need to panic but pls see your primary health giver right away. Pray all is well.

Tnks dea, I'm on it right now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2016
rezzy:

They are fine ma. Thank you

Uwc sis.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Timzy and uwani congrats on the birth of your LOs may God protect them for you! Kisses kiss

Peggygee we await your good news, it will end in praises.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2016
dunamit:
gud morning ma. mam dis is my email euchivy25@gmail.com

Hello ma'am may God send helpers your way!

I feel your pains..!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:48am On Aug 30, 2016
missmalachi:
All praise be to God who always makes us victorious in all we do.
Alot are going true hardship but still keep a smiling face so no one knows what they are going through.

I hv always have d believe that even if it is 200 naira u can give just help out cos u never can know what dat money will do for the person.

Sometimes in march we invested all our money n expecting salary as usual but my hubby salary was delayed.we hv all foodstuff at home but no cash to run some miscellaneous expense.i had to call my dad n get money from him.
I knew from that moment dat things can take a twist within shortest time n it is difficult to get help especially when they think u are on d ok side.

God is faithful 2 those dat put their trust in Him....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2016
Finally enjoying my craving
Jollof rice with enof fresh tomatoes,yellow pepper,enof crayfish and bonga fish.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 11:51am On Aug 30, 2016
Jazzyjazz pls don't miss this opportunity o.inugo But buy smt for me o you know say we be EDD mates
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HerteEnUke26(f): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Okay, time to rant massively, just when I thought I was close and my lo will come before sallah, I almost took this week off from going to my shop just yo have time to prepare properly thinking it might come anytime this week.
Then I attend ANC today, according to ultrasound am supposed to be 38+, but alas the midwife palpated and said I was 36, as if that was not enough, she said lo is in cephalic but hasn't engaged all.
So all those backache, pressure on my vjay and sudden lag cramps, lo is still not ready
Sincerely am so angry, tired, exhausted and furious( I guess these words mean the same thing, but I don't care). I just carried my bag and changed my mind on doing any scan or getting my routine drugs. This pregnancy is tiring abeg.
Sorry my post is long, just needed to pour it all out as hubby is out of town and don't wanna transfer any aggression to my innocent ds.

RANT OVER!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2016
yeah. it is amazing how you lost those fats within a short period.
Fortius:
BritneyStacy.mumtwins08..evacroft.mayluv..congrats to u mamas oo august team dey on fire ooo..see droppings...**i copied mumi liftedhands post ni o**cant read back o

Favouredmom..to ur question ma...i was size 8/10 b4 my first preggy,while breastfeedin lucas..i jumped to size 12/16..yeah very true! nd was actually happy then cuz i was lukin mamaish nowgrin,so wen dh start to complain dat am lukin bigger dan him..kia i start to dey google weightloss tips bt couldnt do any cuz of laziness,wen i stopped breastfeedin lucas at 1yr3mnth..i dropped to size 14 without doin anytin o..a month later i conceived nd i went back to size 14/16 nd i was actually bothered hw am goin to shed d weight bt miraculously a week afta my delivery i lost my preggy weight infact ryt now am size 12 without sweatin it o.i thot i wont lose my belly fat cuz it was massive bt thanks to my sil,she came to meet me at d hospital nd use hot towel to massage my tummy nd clots of blood was gushin out nd she told me to kip doin it afta bathin nd i was drinkin hot water for 3wks..ryt now sis my waist luks trim ..nazablossom can testifygrin i wil say hot water nd housechores helps my weight loss dis tym around nd a friend lost hers wt only breastfeedin,while sum follows enkaydewdrop tips too,body differs ma nd for u wt twins..na vigilante go help u lose d weighttongue..sori for d long tori.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congrats to uwani and other mamas that have given birth. May God bless your bundles of Joy.
@ whyterose Congrats on your new job. It can only be God. I tap into your testimony.
@ Ada243 Congrats once again. Thank God for sending help your way that particular time. Your baby is big o. kisses to her.
Feb mamas and other mamas I greet you all. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2016
ahnie:

Hello ma'am may God send helpers your way!

I feel your pains..!
tnks mumy ahnie ,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
tiimzy:

# almost 24hrs delivery it was God
Congratulations latest mum.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
HerteEnUke26:
Okay, time to rant massively

RANT OVER!!

This mama is funny though. Please dear just take a deep breath and don't be angry again you hear. You are almost there, just relax your mind and in no time, your baby will be in your arms. You can try long walks, pineapple, tip stimulation and other natural methods of inducing labor. Hold on mama, baby is baking well and making finishing touches.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
JUMAYIN:
Good morning mamas,na so I showed Dh 1 of d BS shared here o,then he said no doc is gonna put fingers inside his wife's jajaina o, then we decided on d option of elective CS,now my question is how does 1 opt for elective CS coz I know some docs won't give u d option of that if der is everything is going on smoothly n does 1 wait to be full termed b4 d CS begins, plz mamas don't read n pass.thanks
Your reason for opting for cs is ridiculous if you ask me...

Yeah, no husband will be happy seeing people choking their fingers inside their wives' vag!na.... same way I wouldn't be happy seeing people f0ndling my husband's pen!s..... But your husband should see it as a means of saving you and his child, he should see it as a medical procedure rather than something you're engaging in out of will... It's not your fault or desire that peeps/docs be choking fingers/hand into your vg, nature made it that babies come through that means hence docs gat to do what they've to do...

He's not even concerned about the pains you may have to go through, abi he thinks docs inserting their fingers into your vg is fun?

Better tell your husband that even with cs, doctors go still see your vg o.. even though they may not put their fingers!

My dear, your husband has to get over it biko..He should focus on the joy of seeing his new born. ...
or if he can't bear the sight, he can stay outside the delivery room...

There are reasons doctors advise cs and I don't think this is one of it!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
@jazzyjazz, @ 20wks, u re fit to travel. my concern is in u enjoying d honeymoon. in my opinion, it wld hv bn better at a tym when u were physicalkyvok as u say u still hv morning sickness, so u just don't lie down all through. how s ur libido? cos that one dey impt o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
uwani:
Alhamdulillah but baby and mama are doing well and tryin to get to know each other.

Congrats ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ada243, this your BS put fear into me small. Your labour was really fast. What if the woman didn't come through by that time. I no blame the other man that didn't open door. Days are bad.
Dunno why you allowed DH to travel without making plans for emergency knowing fully well that the baby can pop any second from when he left the house. He could have arranged for a cab guy number atleast and let the person know the situation on ground and be alert if anything starts during midnight.

Anyway, we praise GOD for seeing you through, Mother alive, baby alive. Thank you Jesus.
Other expectant mums, please try to make arrangements for someone that will take you to hospital if you will be staying alone. If possible have different trusted and willing people's number in case if you call number 1 person and he doesn't pick up, you can call number2 and so on till you get an answer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
peggygee:

Team September o, my dea the blood is scary, it's like urinating during ones heavy flow.... It's blood all tru. It started yesterday evening o

Pls go 2d hospital asap mam...It will surely end in praise 4u!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.