Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150881 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wholesomegrace: 9:48am On Mar 23, 2017
babythug:

Your baby's jaundice was likely to have Been mild that's why the sunlight worked. There's nothing wrong with phototherapy and it has helped many babis with jaundice! The blood samples being taken were to check that the Levels of bilirubin was dropping in the baby and so on!

Your post makes it seem like the phototherapy wasn't a good idea which shouldn't be so!

Jaundice can be quite dangerous in babies and some even require blood transfusion that's why it musnt be taken lightly at all!

Any yellowing on the eyes of skin of a newborn please run to a hospital!

I hear in the past mums were not even allowed* to wear yellow for newborns just so the reflection doesn't allow the mum notice any yellowing in the skin or eyes!

My two cents!

Supported, jaundice is an enemy. Those lights are for the good of the baby and blood samples is to check bilirubin(hope i got spelling correctly) levels. Mothers just need to ensure the better doctors do the poking cos one yeye doc carry my child away and when they brought him back, they had pocked him in six places and the place they tied their rope was seriously showing.. it was RED. I just started crying and almost brought the hospital down, shoooo my MIL was maddddddd. The next doctor that came to take the next sample only poked him once with the needle and they got enough blood for their investigation.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 10:00am On Mar 23, 2017
@wholesomegrace, same thing happened with mine. Just Poking him anyhow and dey didn't even allow me feed him. The light peeled his skin and his face was covered. And when he cries, u hear dont carry him. For where? angry

@babythug, am not fighting oooo. Its only me that understand my feelings. I hope u get. I didn't like d way we were treated that why we opted for another option and am glad it worked for us.

Jaundice is an enemy!. Supported!.
Please see a paediatrician immediately u notice it in ur lo.
God help us.

wholesomegrace:

Supported, jaundice is an enemy. Those lights are for the good of the baby and blood samples is to check bilirubin(hope i got spelling correctly) levels. Mothers just need to ensure the better doctors do the poking cos one yeye doc carry my child away and when they brought him back, they had pocked him in six places and the place they tied their rope was seriously showing.. it was RED. I just started crying and almost brought the hospital down, shoooo my MIL was maddddddd. The next doctor that came to take the next sample only poked him once with the needle and they got enough blood for their investigation.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airforcewife(f): 10:02am On Mar 23, 2017
xeexee1:
teamie how una dey na i just dey hail all my members oo my teamie.. hw d heat na hmmm abj heat no be 4 here oooo we dey push smalll small.. i don greet ma teamie

Teamie Abj heat no be here ohh! Hope u are fine. How is lo, can u feel the movements?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AyPortable1(f): 10:04am On Mar 23, 2017
Morning mamas ooo
Congratulations to those mamas wey don born.
Happy waddling to mama's in waddling stage.
I greet every other preggy mamas,may God make the journey smooth for you all.
I no forget those of us in the vigilante group ooo, the Lord is our muscle ooo.

Mamas abeg help me torchlight my mata ooo, no waka pass ooo.
My husband and I are both Yoruba, my mum has come to stay with me since I gave birth and would be leaving two weeks time.
Like what and what should we give her when going back. or how much of cash can we package.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 10:08am On Mar 23, 2017
pamelar:

quite expensive compared to what I got @iyana iba,1st grade onesis for 300# or cant rememba.....and the clothes are relatively new
pls Mama,where in Iyana Iba or is it just d random ones by the roadside?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abiagirl777(f): 10:23am On Mar 23, 2017
my 1st son had jaundice at birth,born at 37 weeks.he underwent photptherapy for 3 days and was discharged after his bilirubin levels had dropped greatly.Jaundice treatment depends on how severe it is in the newborn.if mild,a little sun ,breastmilk and glucose is enough,if more serious photo therapy and in severe cases blood transfusion.
better hear from your doctor first,even though you might think they are after your money,the koko is that you go home with a healthy baby.
Jaundice is not what you call your grandmas in the village to tell you what to do,times have changed so are they children born now.
new mothers should allows ask questions ,all is geared towards reducing child mortality.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 10:27am On Mar 23, 2017
AyPortable1:
Morning mamas ooo

My husband and I are both Yoruba, my mum has come to stay with me since I gave birth and would be leaving two weeks time.
Like what and what should we give her when going back. or how much of cash can we package.
I'm a FTM and Yoruba too,though I doubt if there's a stipulated way of doing such things. She's your mum and you know your pocket though we can never give our parents enough especially mothers,even without having them over in such circumstances. Get her nice things like premium Ankara,small cord lace (if she's into things like that) foodstuff and money, but please don't break the bank. Do all these according to your pocket. My take.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by xeexee1: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2017
hmmm nt at all notin like movement o and am approachn d mid way! nt even planning on kniwn d sex now self
airforcewife:

Teamie Abj heat no be here ohh! Hope u are fine. How is lo, can u feel the movements?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2017
Benignasweety:
Hello mummy Yesitsme, how is vigilante? plz I have a little question for you and I would appreciate you reply me.
plz ma, when was your actual due date before you ported? Did she spend time in the NICU after birth or you went home directly with her? My late son was born at 37weeks weighing 2.92kg but had jaundice, he was perfectly healthy and suckled very well, I really want to know how tinz went wrong, so I would knw how to carry myself and wldnt mind entering 42weeks sef if only my baby stays with me.
sorry for ur loss u have gotten a replacement and he or she or both are here to stay i heard sugary things can cause jaundice but not in every pregnant woman so try and avoid anything sugary and take precautions on what u eat u can google it to learn more..everything is gonna be alright
In another news a day old was brought to my mil yesterday d mother was just panicking the baby have trouble breathing he was just breathing to fast and loud with one nostril d other nostril is blocked my mil called me and showed me is rib I can see d ribs it was just like watch a fish breath u know it's quite obvious omo fear catch me but I cudnt show her my fears she was now like wen they say don't take cold water u pple will not listen u will not only take it but chew on ice block also have u seen d result? Me I just use ogboju tell her that every thing na precautions but for my mind I was saying God I don't want my baby like this ooo so she has to give the baby treatment asap alongside my bil who is a doctor so expecting mothers let us try to take precautions especially with cold anything I know d weather is hot n not friendly in fact am not left behind as dat one no stop me frm taking my cold sobo last night grin Make God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 10:59am On Mar 23, 2017
pamelar:

quite expensive compared to what I got @iyana iba,1st grade onesis for 300# or cant rememba.....and the clothes are relatively new

Wow i wish i can go dere,going back to sch today tho!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Teamie, why didn't you go to katangua market? Or even Aswani It's cheaper there.

I guess super Nd katangua is d samething i dnt no sah..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:03am On Mar 23, 2017
queensnow:
sorry for ur loss u have gotten a replacement and he or she or both are here to stay i heard sugary things can cause jaundice but not in every pregnant woman so try and avoid anything sugary and take precautions on what u eat u can google it to learn more..everything is gonna be alright
In another news a day old was brought to my mil yesterday d mother was just panicking the baby have trouble breathing he was just breathing to fast and loud with one nostril d other nostril is blocked my mil called me and showed me is rib I can see d ribs it was just like watch a fish breath u know it's quite obvious omo fear catch me but I cudnt show her my fears she was now like wen they say don't take cold water u pple will not listen u will not only take it but chew on ice block also have u seen d result? Me I just use ogboju tell her that every thing na precautions but for my mind I was saying God I don't want my baby like this ooo so she has to give the baby treatment asap alongside my bil who is a doctor so expecting mothers let us try to take precautions especially with cold anything I know d weather is hot n not friendly in fact am not left behind as dat one no stop me frm taking my cold sobo last night grin Make God help us all.

Lol yah funny ooh grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:05am On Mar 23, 2017
AyPortable1:
Morning mamas ooo

Nothing is too small nor big for our mothers.u can get her clothes Nd provision.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Benignasweety:
Mine was last year. I had him february 21 as against march 15th. Am just trying as much as possible to avoid any issue with my present pregnancy. My late Son suckled well from birth and my bresstmilk flowed like tap from the 2nd day after birth but he suddenly death just the next day after his umbilical cord fell. He has Jaundice that was being taken care of with same medication I used for my 1st Son. He was okay till the afternoon of the day his umbilical cord fell, his tummy was paining him and it was making some strange rumbling sounds. My mom said it was colic so we managed him for that day but I noticed his appetite dropped. He wasnt sucking nor wld he want to feed from the ones I expressed in a cup to feed him. My boobs were getting engorged and I had to even express alot out in the bathroom. He died the next afternoon in pains cuz of the tummy. So my question is, was it the umbilical cord that fell on the 4th day that wasnt normal? was it the Jaundice that killed him cuz he got more yellow d day his umbilical fell? Was it because he wasnt full term or was it the Colic that actually took his life? As God wld have it, he died exactly the same time he was born. I would want answers please maamas, I need to be extra careful for this one cuz he is going to be my 1st child in my husband's house please I cant afford to lose him.

So sorry for ur loss dear ,i once read it on ur diary.baby Zion is here to stay in Jesus name kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Titony1(f): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Teamie, why didn't you go to katangua market? Or even Aswani It's cheaper there.
Katangowa and Super is the same market.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 11:26am On Mar 23, 2017
Rhemy2013:

Lol yah funny ooh grin
grin motherhood ain't easy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2017
I think Iyana Iba opens bay on Wednesdays and Fridays for adult clothes. My sis usually likes to buy jackets dere but i don't know for babies. They have a place inside where those building was b4 lag govt demolished it.
forzarush:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hyphee(f): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Awwwww my bro and nephew's birthday. Make sure you born that day o grin

Lol, me wey wan make e come early sef, I don dey anticipate no be small, the leg pains wey I dey get dese days no be for here o cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Oh my bad!
Titony1:
Katangowa and Super is the same market.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 23, 2017
But you still drank cold Zobo grin very funny
queensnow:
grin motherhood ain't easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pamelar(f): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2017
forzarush:
I have a customer there will send you her number once I'm free,you'll get them in the market as if u r going towards volks bstop by your left. you can also check other women stores there but just ensure you ask her when she'll open new bags abi nah bale of clothes b4 you go
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 23, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
Abeg teamie, send for me too!
pamelar:
I have a customer there will send you her number once I'm free,you'll get them in the market as if u r going towards volks bstop by your left. you can also check other women stores there but just ensure you ask her when she'll open new bags abi nah bale of clothes b4 you go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airforcewife(f): 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
xeexee1:
hmmm nt at all notin like movement o and am approachn d mid way! nt even planning on kniwn d sex now self

Theres enuf tym sef! It'll soon start knocking!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Benignasweety:

There are a number of factors, that can cause a baby's death, - i however do not believe colic was the cause, it may have been something else that was probably mistaken for colic.

Perhaps complications from the jaundicee, or another condition that was not picked up at birth- sadly sometimes these things are missed, but before you get angry or upset at yourself or anyone else, some may be rare conditions that is not in the usual retinue to typical tests carried out, some are missed because, perhaps the usual symptoms are not present, or there are a combination of issues that aggravate the symptom. some can't really be explained but there are risk factors that have been identified which they tell parents to try and avoid
but the worst i think is when no explanation whatsoever can be given as you don't even know what could have been done differently.

without an autopsy being done at the time, it will be mere speculation trying to say x y or z was the cause. unfortunately as nigerians, we are usually too quick to want to sweep the whole dying scenario under the rug especially if it is a baby, that they sometimes overlook the benefits that may come from actually finding out, what happened, why it happened. it also provides some measure of closure to the mother and father especially if there is nothing they could have done differently, and also if there was an avoidable cause, the parent can try and take the necessary precautions.

Your baby was 37 weeks, that is considered full term, the risks of waiting to 42 weeks are much higher and many doctors wont take the risk to wait till then for many reasons, many will happily take a baby out at 37 weeks if there is a risk to mother / child.

With this pregnancy, just do all you can to stay healthy and avoid stress, and put it in the hands of God. i pray you never have to go through that ordeal again. and i pray God preserves this baby, keeps him/her and may he / she be a source of unending joy to you and your family.

Modification: i mention the autopsy because i have a cousin that lost 2 of her babies, they were a bit older but still only a few weeks old, main symptom was jaundice. and it was only after a very thorough autopsy of the 2nd at the insistence of my mom, they biopsied everything that they found out it was a rare genetic malformation that affected how the internal organs worked. - it wasnt picked up in any usual scans. that in itself, helped the mum, as it was nothing she could have done, and the rarity of it meant, it was hard to pick up, even by the most experienced of doctors. but at least, if she had any future children, they immediately have an idea to know what to test for because of the history

long-story-short she now has a girl and that one is hale and hearty to the glory of God.

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2017
Baby clothes in asaba z killing.onitsha the transportfare is orubebe.

Make Una cee oni zino cee wahala.A mild drama ensued yesternight.could you imagine that zino went and took my new baby's bed,tore the nylon casing and was about depositing her small yan.sh like that of a garden-egg inside.i was just looking at her with Isoko eyes.
Bed Wey I Neva launch sef...All she did last week was making attemp putting on her unborn brother's knickers and trousers,And she knows she doesn't put on trousers,apart from gowns and skirts.

I wee evacuate that sabi sabi pikin from my house very soon.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
airforcewife:

Abuja heat can deep fry chicken I swear. My son cries everyday cos of the heat and AEDC no even want get sense! No light for me area for 2 days now. If I on Gen now na hot air fan de blow.

Na only diaper or napkin my son de usevde house I no de wear d boy cloth again even at night

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
babythug:

Your baby's jaundice was likely to have Been mild that's why the sunlight worked. There's nothing wrong with phototherapy and it has helped many babis with jaundice! The blood samples being taken were to check that the Levels of bilirubin was dropping in the baby and so on!

Your post makes it seem like the phototherapy wasn't a good idea which shouldn't be so!

Jaundice can be quite dangerous in babies and some even require blood transfusion that's why it musnt be taken lightly at all!

Any yellowing on the eyes of skin of a newborn please run to a hospital!

I hear in the past mums were not even allowed* to wear yellow for newborns just so the reflection doesn't allow the mum notice any yellowing in the skin or eyes!

My two cents!

Not in the past ooo, It is still adhered to( General Hospitals though)

When I was to be discharged in Sept 2015 with DS, Hubby came with his well starched native yellow and blue grin grin( yellow more pronounced).

He was politely excused and had to wait outside, I then explained better to him and he had to go change .

We weren't even told during antenatal about jaundice /this yellow clothing thingy. angry angry

I had shopped a lovely yellow background blanket and a cardigan set for DS( I kept it away till he was 4 months before I started using smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
queensnow:

For that woman with a day old child why would she expose a tender baby like that. Hmm

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I apologize for quoting you.
What you went through is tragic and I'm so sorry for your loss. However, since you said he was more yellow before he passed on, I'd say it's the jaundice. Jaundice is a very bad thing walahi! When you put to bed this time please make sure they check him/her for jaundice before you leave the hospital. If they don't answer you, insist! Make a scene if you must!

Anything that causes a baby discomfort should not be taken lightly. I was frequent in the hospital for the first one month of my sons life. The nurses laughed at me saying "oh FTM attitude, Una too de fear"

My son was in NICU for 5 days for meconium aspiration hooked to oxygen and all, he was checked constantly for two days for signs of jaundice before we were released when they were sure he was fine.

I saw a woman go through miscarriage the day I was in labor and we were in the same room. I got to know it was her 3rd miscarriage. You need to see how she wept beside me and there I was about to bring forth a child and she was loosing one. I saw and felt her pain so I can't even imagine what you passed through after having him in your arms and thinking all was well. No woman should ever have to bury their child. Once again, sorry for your loss. This one is going no where and you and your husband will raise him/her and him/her will take care of you and bear you grand kids in your old age.

Thanks ma and everyone for your reply.
Am worried itx not just jaundice because he was doing well before his cord fell and the stomach rumbling started

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by xeexee1: 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
yes daz y am not bothered sent u a Pm on ur email self teamie..m
airforcewife:

Theres enuf tym sef! It'll soon start knocking!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
Benignasweety:

Thanks ma and everyone for your reply.
Am worried itx not just jaundice because he was doing well before his cord fell and the stomach rumbling started

Don't worry. Nothing will happen to this one. However, if you notice anything strange, forget village people ways, carry ya pikin go hospital.

It is well with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.