Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,420 members, 7,846,757 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8229841 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
booqee:
I'm five weeks pregnant and I just experienced one of the most painful cramps ever.. About 20 minutes ago.. Even my husband was afraid and helpless.. Lasted about 10 minutes or probably less.

This is the second time I am experiencing this in the midnight.. The first one was yesterday, and wasn't as painful as today's.

Today's was so painful.. I burst in tears I couldn't help it anymore..
Sorry dear, the pain isn't normal pls, pls see your doctor asap n do a scan preferably tvs scan. I had same experience at 6weeks,my doctor had to place me on 1week bedrest with daily progestorene shot. I'm still on progesterone pessary until week 12. I'm going to have cerclage done by week 13. Pls stay away from anything stressful in the main time.
You shall carry to term, you shall not cast your fruit before time in Jesus name.

I would be seeing the doctor this morning.. Since I'm not going to work..

The last time I experienced this was two weeks ago immediately after I had sex.. And since then we've stayed away from sex

Do u think this kinda pain is normal? I'm so worried this midnight that I can't sleep.. My husband has gone back to sleep sef after the pain went.

May God help me.. I really want to carry to full term in Jesus name..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2017
Towerofgrace:

Don't have any experience, and you are right mostly for 2nd tri issues but i love your doc for being proactive and giving his best. To my knowledge it is a preventive measure mainly for incompetent cervix or used in multiple gestation to prevent preterm labour

Let me cc mamas that were recently put on cerclage
jaysmama
Iyomomoreloaded
mydeporch

May you never experience any loss again in Jesus Name
@ Chijiuche just like other mamas have said. Its for preventive measures.just go with it. Its gonna be fine.wishing u a safe delivery nd healthy pregnancy term...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimlad: 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
ToyosiR:
#TeamAgust roll call for the Month of JULY (NEIGHBOURING MONTH)

ToyosiR---------Team XX EDD: August 11
ebony13---------Team x? EDD: August 20 Hope you've added more weight now and how far with the help?
ify15-----------Team xy EDD: August 4 Finally, we are in a neighbouring month. No worries. August in almost here.Hope you followed the doctors prescription of protein and vegetable
Dazzle86--------Team XX EDD: August 23 Active mama, really love your activeness. Hope the baby is also active by kicking harder...
Ifylicious------Team x? EDD: August?? Madam , I beg come and say Hi to us. Hope you are fine.We want to hear from you.
Mzbee-----------Team x? EDD: August 03 Your sit is still vacant, Abi, Any how , we are waiting for your BA in few weeks.
Yasmeena--------Team x? August 01/02 Sweetheart, how is our baby, Hope kicks aint too much.
Mzleemah -------Team XY EDD: August 23 Fasting don end, Hope you are eating well now. Keep enjoying the waddling ministry.
airforcewife----Team XY EDD: August 18 Twinny, Are we prepared
Trendytessy-----Team x? EDD: August 10 #TeamSurpriseBaby. Please, be ready. Our neighbours are willing to welcome you.
xeexee1---------Team x? EDD: August 18 Strong madam,You most be used to the kicking now.
Kimlad----------Team x? EDD: August 10 How is bumping ? Hope you are enjoying the growing belly
bookholla--------Team x?EDD: August 19 Thank God you are through with the shopping. Dont worry, baby will come at the right time.
dasugar----------Team x?EDD: August 15/22- Sorry for the waist pain, you aint alone. Just manage and round up the shopping asap. God is your strength.
Mandex11---------Team x?EDD: August 17. Have you travelled?

how are we all doing I hope we are enjoying this last trimester and accepting each days as it comes. I pray God will see us through and ease it for us.
I think we should be rounding up the bag packing now... The lord is our strength. We are almost there.
Some of our Mama's will be dropping this month. May God see us through.

Lets read up this to note the signs of labour.
How can I tell when I'm going to go into labor?

There's no way to predict exactly when labor will start. And even when you notice early signs of labor, your baby's birth could still be days or weeks away.

Your body actually starts preparing for labor as much as a month before you give birth, so you may begin to notice new symptoms as your due date approaches.

Here are some early signs of labor:

Your baby "drops." If this is your first pregnancy, you may feel what's known as "lightening" a few weeks before labor starts, meaning the baby now rests lower in your pelvis. You might feel less pressure just below your ribcage, making it easier to catch your breath.
You have more Braxton Hicks contractions. More frequent and intense Braxton Hicks contractions can signal prelabor, which is when your cervix starts to thin and widen, and sets the stage for true labor. (See below.) Some women experience menstrual-like cramps during this time.
Your cervix starts to change. In the days and weeks before delivery, changes in the connective tissue of your cervix make it soften and eventually thin and widen, or dilate. (If you've given birth before, your cervix is more likely to dilate a centimeter or two before labor starts, but keep in mind that even being 40 weeks pregnant with your first baby and 1 centimeter dilated is no guarantee that labor is imminent.) When you're at or near your due date, your doctor or midwife may do a vaginal exam during your prenatal visit to see whether your cervix has started to change.
You pass your mucus plug or notice "bloody show." If your cervix begins to efface significantly or dilate as you get close to labor, you may pass your mucus plug – the small amount of thickened mucus that has sealed off your cervical canal for the last nine months. The plug may come out in a lump all at one time or as an increased amount of vaginal discharge over the course of several days. The mucus may be tinged with brown, pink, or red blood, which is why it's called "bloody show." (Having sex or a vaginal exam can also disturb your mucus plug and result in some blood-tinged discharge, even when labor isn't necessarily starting any time soon.)

Signs that labor is imminent, if not already under way, include:

Your contractions become increasingly intense. Unlike Braxton-Hicks contractions, labor contractions grow stronger, longer, and more frequent as they cause your cervix to dilate.
Your water breaks. When the fluid-filled amniotic sac surrounding your baby ruptures, fluid leaks from your vagina. And whether it comes out in a large gush or a small trickle, this is a signal that it's time to call your doctor or midwife.
Most women start having regular contractions before their water breaks, but in some cases, the water breaks first. When this happens, labor usually follows soon after.
present cappo, thanks for the write up, the small bump as turned big all of a sudden, baby's kick is now minimal, baby only moves n hiccups.
Am not as active as before, I easily get tired, and now, am having catarrh.
tanks for checking on us cappo
jazakumllah khayran

#teamaugustforsupernaturaldelivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
@Giddyperson and @Sansa143 WINTER IS COMING. 12 DAYS TO GO cheesy@Giddyperson and @Sansa143 WINTER IS COMING. 12 DAYS TO GO

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy,4 where I dey,na summer we still d experience!No winter at all!
Dazzle86:
@Giddyperson and @Sansa143
WINTER IS COMING.
12 DAYS TO GO
cheesy@Giddyperson and @Sansa143
WINTER IS COMING.
12 DAYS TO GO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mbliz(f): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
OK so I missed the Tuesday bump!!! Here we are at 22W3D! !! #Team October! !!! God bless us all! It will end in praise! According to old wives tale, once the line is below the belly button then it's a boy!! ! Lol!! ! Make e be true ooooo! !!

25 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
Mbliz:
OK so I missed the Tuesday bump!!! Here we are at 22W3D! !! #Team October! !!! God bless us all! It will end in praise! According to old wives tale, once the line is below the belly button then it's a boy!! ! Lol!! ! Make e be true ooooo! !!

Try Chinese calendar.
Your bump looks moderate not too big and not too small.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
@mojeco and @nneejima did you guys ever use the chinese calendar and was it correct?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mbliz(f): 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dazzle86:

Try Chinese calendar.
Your bump looks moderate not too big and not too small.
oh! Thanks dearie will do! God knows that which my heart desires!!! He will do it. .........

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dazzle86:
@Giddyperson and @Sansa143
WINTER IS COMING.
12 DAYS TO GO
cheesy@Giddyperson and @Sansa143
WINTER IS COMING.
12 DAYS TO GO
Lol real addict. I'm also waiting for the Big Bang theory and Grey's anatomy, my own is many, but I like to like to let the whole season run before I start watching cuz I just can't stand the suspense of having to wait weekly. Dunno if I'd be able to do that for GOT tho.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phlakkeys(f): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Chijiuche:
My fellow pregnant women,
I have been a silent follower in this forum. I have lost 3 pregnancies but none has progressed more than 6 weeks and no heart beat ever seen.
I am pregnant and currently 13weeks 5 days gone with heart beat and everything progressing well.
Went to hospital yesterday and the Gynecologist on duty ran a scan and everything is progressing well. He now said i will do cervical cerclage next week - that nothing is wrong with me but is just to ensure the baby stays intact till delivery time.
I ave been reading so many write ups online and cervical cerclage is mainly for those that have had 2nd trimester miscarriage but mine is not the case.
So pls my sister, Is the cerclage now a preventive measure because i am seriously getting worried on the implication on this miracle God has given to me after waiting for years?
Please, who knows should please help me. God bless
God that has taken you this far will not leave you.
Firstly, no matter your religion, don't under estimate the power of prayer. It doesn't matter if you are prayer warrior or not.
Secondly, is there any drug you've used or currently using that has taken you this far(progesterone)?
If yes, then keep using it until you are at least 27weeks.
Since the cause of early miscarriage isn't known, then i will advise you to take one day at a time i.e don't stress yourself in anyway.
To the cerclage issue, for each of the miscarriages, did you do D&C?
If yes, then D&C could have weaken the cervix thereby making it easy for it to open and dilate when you are in mid second trimester because of baby's weight resting on it.
How long since the last miscarriage did you get pregnant now?
If its not up to a year and 6 months, it will be advisable to do cerclage because of the stress your cervix has already gone through.
The truth is cerclage cannot stop one from having 2nd trimester miscarriage if the uterus is seriously contracting so the need to always try not to stress the uterus, i.e always trying to keep the uterus calm.
Another thing to consider is level of progesterone. If by the virtue of what one take in, the progesterone level drops, miscarriage is inevitable which is why some take progesterone drugs even with cerclage input.
Your pregnancy should be taken as high risk pregnancy and should be monitored.
Lastly, always try to go for scan at least once in a month just to be sure your cervix is closed and baby is fine.
There shall be no more loss.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2017
Chijiuche:

Thanks Dear...Now i understand better
You are welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
Congrats to the mamas who just delivered. GOD BLess ur los and family.
@ mojeco. Congrats ma. GOD BLESS U AND UR LO. THank God for the miracle he has done. Such a great blessing. Am so glad to hear this ur news.
Nnejima. Congrats to u too.
May your babies always be a source of joy to u always.
July Mamas. I salute o. Wishing u all a safe delivery and there shall be no loss of any kind among us in Jesus name.
Nipphmy. Aw r u doing mama. The Lord is ur strength.
Awaiting ur good news And all July Mamas too.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by niphmmy(f): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=mydeporch post=58160124]Congrats to the mamas who just delivered. GOD BLess ur los and family.
@ mojeco. Congrats ma. GOD BLESS U AND UR LO. THank God for the miracle he has done. Such a great blessing. Am so glad to hear this ur news.
Nnejima. Congrats to u too.
May your babies always be a source of joy to u always.
July Mamas. I salute o. Wishing u all a safe delivery and there shall be no loss of any kind among us in Jesus name.
Nipphmy. Aw r u doing mama. The Lord is ur strength.
Awaiting ur good news And all July Mamas too.[/quote
Thanks ma'am and amen to ur prayers. God bless u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dammyluv911(f): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
Mbliz:
wow am also 22wks BT my tummy is small.in fact u will not no am pregnant

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Same here waiting for Greys anatomy like kilode!Have you tried Grimm and the originals?If your not one dat scares easily,u will like that grimm!Try it out!
Giddyperson:

Lol real addict. I'm also waiting for the Big Bang theory and Grey's anatomy, my own is many, but I like to like to let the whole season run before I start watching cuz I just can't stand the suspense of having to wait weekly. Dunno if I'd be able to do that for GOT tho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
angeltolly:

shocked shocked shocked lemme not just imagine. I mean, how can she... I think her village people are already winning the battle. The woman need better cane I beg angry angry

Dont be too quick to judge. You never know the stress someone is going through.

It could happen to ANYONE!

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airforcewife(f): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2017
Present Cappo ToyosiR. We cant wait ohh.. Our special month is by the corner.
Got about 90% of the hospital list today, will pack them by tomorrow. Want to round off baby shopping by next week also.
Taking my evening walks seriously. I even tell hubby we should go further nau, and he'll be like abeg its ok cheesy
Gotten dates too and munching.
#teamAugustForSuperDeliveries!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
cry i didn't see any bump o. Been checking since 1hr ago to no avail, my long awaited goldenheart002 bump i no see cry
I would have joined but its a shame i don't have anything to show tongue just my cobra thing

Nnejima, iwu wayo woman okwa ima? Thank God for safe arrival of nwanyi ocha

Where are my other teamies? kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mojeco(f): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=mydeporch post=58160124]Congrats to the mamas who just delivered. GOD BLess ur los and family.

Thank you so much ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
Mbliz:
Wait o, mama abeg no vex, are you not #TeamNovember? Not trying to drag you back o, but by your weeks seems your EDD is Nov 5th na
You're 2 weeks ahead of me and my EDD is 21st Nov. Oya leave that #TeamOctober and comman join #TeamLoveBabies kiss jor angry tongue tongue
dammyluv911:

wow am also 22wks BT my tummy is small.in fact u will not no am pregnant
See another mama angry angry Shey you are also team October abi November? angry

Make una come register for una original team jare sad tongue tongue angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Dont be too quick to judge. You never know the stress someone is going through.

It could happen to ANYONE!

I beg to disagree....what kinda stress would make a mother forget her child inside a busy market,and she com4tably boards a vehicle home.Haba that z absurdity to me.you could forget a bag(randomly)but not a child Na.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GoodMum: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Mummy Atinuke aka Zaynie

How do i connect with you on instagram ?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
Giddyperson:

No you can't wait. I find big bang theory boring, it has gone on too long, same with Grey's anatomy. The best comedy series ever for me is Friends. Do you watch scandal?

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Damisinto: 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
She might b mentally unstable

uote author=ahnie post=58162666]

I beg to disagree....what kinda stress would make a mother forget her child inside a busy market,and she com4tably boards a vehicle home.Haba that z absurdity to me.you could forget a bag(randomly)but not a child Na.[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mbliz(f): 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Anugod:
Wait o, mama abeg no vex, are you not #TeamNovember? Not trying to drag you back o, but by your weeks seems your EDD is Nov 5th na
You're 2 weeks ahead of me and my EDD is 21st Nov. Oya leave that #TeamOctober and comman join #TeamLoveBabies kiss jor angry tongue tongue
See another mama angry angry Shey you are also team October abi November? angry

Make una come register for una original team jare sad tongue tongue angry
Scan gave me October ending and 2nd of November!! Though already had two scan that says October 17 and October 28th! Last scan I did says 2nd November! !!! But might port to November cause it's hubby's birthday month!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
ahnie:

I beg to disagree....what kinda stress would make a mother forget her child inside a busy market,and she com4tably boards a vehicle home.Haba that z absurdity to me.you could forget a bag(randomly)but not a child Na.

It doesnt have to be a market scene, plus the busy-ness of a market means of it is going to happen, it is the most likelly location to forget a child

I had happened to a couple of people i personally know! And these are not negligent mums by any means. They are one of those dotting and loving mums with eyes at the back of their heads when it comes to their children.
Infact One of them it was her only child that She had gone through shege for.

Both were going through really bad patches at the time it happened, so i have learnt not to say "how can?"

The good thing is that it is her customer's place. It could very well have been in a random shop, or the child will just wander off from where she thought she left him. My dear, $h!t happens

Just pray that God will not let you see that kind of stress or wahala.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
Giddyperson:

Where
I dunno why the thing isn't uploading o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2017
[img][/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.