Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132831 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) (3260) (3261) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
JUMAYIN:
Hello preggy mamas, make una welcome me back, here on d 2nd missionary journey @ummtwins2,@iomoge2,i Don chop another cockroach, Dh has bn so happy ever since I gave him d news, me likewise, just happy for d fact that I won't av to TTC again, never gonna go thru that root again, not ever. Waddling mamas I dey hail o, how market?

Congrats dearie.
So happy 4 u

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
ifyalways:
Quick question please : Would you feel very bad if your MIL goes on vacation instead of coming to handle your omugwo? The full scenario is this :
Her mom is alive and well and can afford to come but she prefers the MIL.
There's no emergency with the MIL, just wanna go enjoy a well deserved vacation with DH. I no fit kee myself abeg.
MIL has secretly arranged for trusted and experienced helps to do the omugwo and just plans on going awol and unreachable for at least three weeks after her edd.

How would you feel as the DIL? Should the MIL just tell her now?
For her to prefer MIL to MUM then there's a gaping difference but MIL wants and needs a vacay with FIL then DIL should be told on time with necessary explanations and/or briefing regarding plans in place so that she can start dealing with her disappointment and decide if she'd want MUM instead of hired hands before LO's arrival and she won't feel stranded.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
ifyalways:
Quick question please : Would you feel very bad if your MIL goes on vacation instead of coming to handle your omugwo? The full scenario is this :
There's no emergency with the MIL, just wanna go enjoy a well deserved vacation with DH. I no fit kee myself abeg.
MIL has secretly arranged for trusted and experienced helps to do the omugwo and just plans on going awol and unreachable for at least three weeks after her edd.

If you're sure she has adequate help then biko start now to tell her so that she can adjust her expectations. I'd definitely prefer being told in advance, and maybe a promise to come and stay a little after the vacation.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Have you finished eating giddybaby grin Happy Sunday ma.
Happy Sunday, no let the meat mature a little

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
katchycouture:

chai see a man behaving like a child... u will meet ur match one day and you will be thoroughly dealt with... you will look back to look for the love you stupidly threw away and u will find none... if u don't change and grow up soon u will die a very very lonely death.....love and peace will elude you... you better change and stop following ur wife everywhere on social media... sick men everywhere

Mamas Abeg press ignore button.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Giddyperson:

If you're sure she has adequate help then biko start now to tell her so that she can adjust her expectations. I'd definitely prefer being told in advance, and maybe a promise to come and stay a little after the vacation.
Hmmmn. Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
forzarush:
For her to prefer MIL to MUM then there's a gaping difference but MIL wants and needs a vacay with FIL then DIL should be told on time with necessary explanations and/or briefing regarding plans in place so that she can start dealing with her disappointment and decide if she'd want MUM instead of hired hands before LO's arrival and she won't feel stranded.
Aiight. Will see what can be done. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
ifyalways:

MIL should let her know now so she can make alternative plans. I think it is nice that MIL has made other arrangements for her but i feel she should ask her mum to be there for that period, even if MIL's trusted help pops in every once in a while to give some assisitance and make sure she is ok.

My reason is this:
Families are sometimes tricky to handle and i do not know the relationship she has with her mum or her reason for preference... i guess it is who will offer the most assisitance one needs to consider however ....

If you as MIL are personally going there then she can tell her mum, oh one at a time, and after MIL leaves she can come.

Now if MIL is not going to be there, the story changes dramatically. If she will still tell her mum not to come, it may not go down too well, mum may feel slighted and then cause friction or add to whatever background drama that may have been here before. and then the gist will now be that she has abandoned her mother so that one random person will be taking care of the grand child.

Let her discuss with her mum and offer her rights of first refusal abi how does the phrase go.?
if the mum cannot come for whatever reasons then.... the MIL's trusted person can move in all gun's blazing!.

I may be over dramatising the whole scenario but from my little experience families are rather complex and things done with the best of intentions can be percieved wrongly.

Ps. I dont think MIL needs to feel guilty, many holidays are booked in advance, plus i am sure the FIL's availability for time off is also essential in the holiday plans. Also, before MIL became an Omugwo machine, she was and still is wife and darlyn to FIL. Even grandmas need to flex and relax too.

She can make up to the DIL by staying a bit longer when she finally gets to visit.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please mamas I have serious cattarr can I take white vitamin c?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
Mamas that are awake and the ones that will wake up in the morning, I greet una o. Please my baby has some nasty looking rashes on her body. Some of them look like pus filled pimples. I have used the almighty onion water and Agnesia powder. It cleared a bit but it's now back. What can I use for fast cure. Please don't jump and pass o. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Giddyperson:

Choi 3.4kg in two places, I can imagine, pele. You mean what can you do to induce labour, the usual, short walks, zobo, dates all the things we do that I don't know if they work, I think long walks and stairs climbing worked for me but you are massive I can't imagine grin Pele it can't be more than 10 days from now
zobo induces labour ke? pregnancy or no pregnancy, I like zobo like anything..

I drink it almost everyday during lunch break at work..

hope it won't affect anything. cos I'm just 8 weeks pregnant.. Abeg ooo

hoping to hear ur response

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
FexCathy:
Good evening my people. May God see all of us through this journey. Please I have 2 questions to ask. 1. Am currently 6 weeks gone and need to travel to Lagos from Warri to write a job test. Can I make this journey by road? 2. Is there anything i can take or be eating to reduce nausea? I am always nauseous without actually vomitting. If vomit manage come out na only large amounts of spit but food or anything dosent settle well with me without having that contant feeling of throwing up. Thank you in advance for your answers.
it's like you're posting on my behalf.. exact feeling!! shocked . the nausea no be here

except that mine is also coupled with excess salivating.. I use to scoff my nose at preg women who spat anyhow.. I just understand how they felt..

I tried putting bitterkola in my mouth, without actually chewing.. and it actually worked..but for only a week..
now it doesn't even work.. as a matter of fact I'm salivating more than ever before.. and nausea is tiring, irritating and annoying! cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:02am On Jul 24, 2017
booqee:

It's one of the popular induction tools here o, I drank it from first trimester too but I was always careful not to drink too much to avoid stories that touch, I drank almost a whole drum at 40 weeks tho and it did nothing, but u should sha drink carefully
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2017
Vigilante has made me miss d pix ooooo but i will see it in d other room.
All off una dat ws in 2015 shld better come here n register ooooo sote i done finish 2nd missionary una still dey talk of 2015....i miss u guys.
proudmom38:
Good day mamas in the house...... It's Lil proudy in da building....... July 30th is gonna be all about ME! MY 2nd Birthday loading! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

cc: modath, kaffy4bill, tikosdear, lala4sure, clinik, lovinam, zaynie, ahnie, giddyperson, beyedew, missmalachi and all wonderful mamas here.........

Lil proudy is now Big proudy...... To God be the glory.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 12:07am On Jul 24, 2017
Yes ooooo...someone like me get plenty mummy then n now dey are d best set of friends i have now.
My kawa of life..ya jindadi

ahnie:

Ayam telling you sis...then Na title wee take dey address our selves e.g snr beedam grin.always looking out for each other,then wee go come tro party and give awards to the best team.snr zaynie was very shrewd with het accountant position.if Na girl any mama wantu give birth to...you go see mamas booking down /lobbying wives down for their sons.it was fun really sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 12:09am On Jul 24, 2017
booqee:

pls stop

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:33am On Jul 24, 2017
ahnie:

Ayam telling you sis...then Na title wee take dey address our selves e.g snr beedam grin.always looking out for each other,then wee go come tro party and give awards to the best team.snr zaynie was very shrewd with het accountant position.if Na girl any mama wantu give birth to...you go see mamas booking down /lobbying wives down for their sons.it was fun really sha

I remember those days o.....
cheesy cheesy cheesy
This thread dey fly back then.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:35am On Jul 24, 2017
proudmom38:
Good day mamas in the house...... It's Lil proudy in da building....... July 30th is gonna be all about ME! MY 2nd Birthday loading! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

cc: modath, kaffy4bill, tikosdear, lala4sure, clinik, lovinam, zaynie, ahnie, giddyperson, beyedew, missmalachi and all wonderful mamas here.........

Lil proudy is now Big proudy...... To God be the glory.

Wow!
How time flies..... kiss
I saw him o, he looks pretty kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 12:37am On Jul 24, 2017
I had such experience with my first daughter...after plenty home therapy i finally took her to hospital and doctor prescribed antibiotics n a cream d whole pus like rash started drying off almost immediately.
spiceeamiee:
Mamas that are awake and the ones that will wake up in the morning, I greet una o. Please my baby has some nasty looking rashes on her body. Some of them look like pus filled pimples. I have used the almighty onion water and Agnesia powder. It cleared a bit but it's now back. What can I use for fast cure. Please don't jump and pass o. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 24, 2017
booqee:

Hope is not made with pineapple?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 6:51am On Jul 24, 2017
Prouddad38:
Hello My Good People
Una well done oooooo.

Mamas, Papas, our handsome and beautiful Babies, how are you all doing?

Our TTC, ATC Mamas I tro-way salute.

May the Heavens fill your homes with the Packages of Blessings you desire.

@2015 Crew, where una dey?

@ modath,
kaffy4bill,
zaynie,
ocycy,
mytestimony,
shreknfiona,
kimony,
mignone,
enkaydewdrop,
itissettled,
clinik,
ahnie,
missmalachi,
prettmum,
lovinam,
tikosdear,
jazzyjazz,
tatacherie,
cherrymum1,
Juliebest,
Baby8,
kmc,
nicholewizzy,
orbie,
realdentist,
rofemiguwa,
zee10,
...and all wonderful Mothers keeping our homes, making us proud dads, I greet you all.

All your contributions to this forum (which I call Family) is greatly valued. May we all continue together in love.

I am around and will be active as time permits.

Best wishes.

Prouddad38.
Okurin Ni yen....this Na the only papa for Awa 2015 sets.very humbled n respectful.that MR should be schooled by this MAN.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 6:56am On Jul 24, 2017
missmalachi:
Yes ooooo...someone like me get plenty mummy then n now dey are d best set of friends i have now.
My kawa of life..ya jindadi

Wallaihi ba abun jindadi o...ba Ni da kudi,tor kin turan mu kudi.yaya sabo baby nah?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trendytessy(f): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2017
Good morning mamas, what chances do one have with borderline pelvic... I was told I can still be allowed to try on my own BT Google is saying otherwise. It's making me feel "somehow".
pls don't read and pass

#teamAugustforeasydelivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Raincolour(f): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2017
Naomi14:
Shey you see why I say she for no mention her ex-hubby name for her post undecided most mamas thought am being mean sad
I actually cringed at the way u ordered her not to derail the thread again. You forgot its God that keeps marriages even yours. And like someone mentioned, she just lost a baby then...

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2017
Try not to drink it daily and if at all you must, it should be very little. Most times in my third trimester when I drank it, I would start cramping in the next 10mins.
booqee:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 24, 2017
You cringed! O tun ti bere. I don't own this thread, I only stated my opinion just like you just did and am not ordering her around so Mama e haff do o! I wasn't insulting her marriage ok? Before you start stating all this.
Raincolour:

I actually cringed at the way u ordered her not to derail the thread again. You forgot its God that keeps marriages even yours. And like someone mentioned, she just lost a baby then...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2017
Modified
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2017
Good morning beautiful mamas.ive not bin online for somedays now,had a very busy working weekend, grin... congratulations to the mamas that put to bed this past week and to those for this week I wish you safe delivery InSha Allah cheesy kiss kiss..am having a rest today

For well tailored dressed and makeover for any event pls pm me.Meenah clothings and makeovers am at ur service delivery won't be a problem. grin grin

I wish u all a great week ahead ; kiss kiss kiss kiss

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2017
You couldn't send me an email or something?

Giddyperson:
And there goes my boring Sunday
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 11:35am On Jul 24, 2017
Greatmum:
Happy Sunday to all the expectant mothers in the house. Please help inform me, I don't know if my condition is normal or not. I am a first timer mother. Got my result last week but the rate at which I feel nausea is alarming, funny enough I don't vomit but the feeling to is so severe. It has given a great discomfort and I feel as if life is slowly choking out from me.

I met with a doctor who said nothing could be done about the symptoms until after the first trimester. I have googled and ask for different opinions but nothing seem to be relieving it. I have added prayer to it. It just get worse everyday, I lose apetite as each day passes. I have been on folic acid, Vit. B complex, multivitamins and felruse(Red blood tonic capsule), add ginger to my drinks and water. Nothing is helping.

Please what am I doing wrong? Senior Colleagues please help coz I can't bear this for 3months.
Firstly congrats dear. Sorry about the nausea but just be strong. I feel exactly the same way. I dont vomit either. Just try to be strong and pay attention to ur body and with time, u will find out out things that trigger it and make it worse and things that help to reduce it. I just noticed that if i brush my teeth before eating, it triggers it. I cant take ordinary water, it has to be warm, etc. Dont worry it gets better as time passes (it might not even be up to 3 months). Sending E-hugs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2017
booqee:
it's like you're posting on my behalf.. exact feeling!! shocked . the nausea no be here

except that mine is also coupled with excess salivating.. I use to scoff my nose at preg women who spat anyhow.. I just understand how they felt..

I tried putting bitterkola in my mouth, without actually chewing.. and it actually worked..but for only a week..
now it doesn't even work.. as a matter of fact I'm salivating more than ever before.. and nausea is tiring, irritating and annoying! cry

My dear u can say that again. Dont worry, God nor dey give person cross wey e nor go fit carry. It can only get better. Doh!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2017
Damsel21:
Good morning beautiful mamas.ive not bin online for somedays now,had a very busy working weekend, grin... congratulations to the mamas that put to bed this past week and to those for this week I wish you safe delivery InSha Allah cheesy kiss kiss..am having a rest today

For well tailored dressed and makeover for any event pls pm me.Meenah clothings and makeovers am at ur service delivery won't be a problem. grin grin

I wish u all a great week ahead ; kiss kiss kiss kiss
you wantu give sombody that called his MOTHER an olosho big blookus and hypertension abi.Man Wey him mama de help am to toast woman.i sure say Na inside shrine them do him naming ceremony.

@damsel21 shine on bae...shebi I told you that you wee bee Fyn?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) (3260) (3261) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.