Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132047 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3347) (3348) (3349) (3350) (3351) (3352) (3353) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 18, 2017
Dear mamas, thank you all for ur mentions, I appreciate all ur inputs regarding the itching thing. I would do just as advised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 18, 2017
Giddyperson:
Us too we've been on this Saint name holy name godly name thing. Try finding places in the bible with Zion so you can explain to the catechist or go over him and go and meet a priest
I have contacted another priest who isn't in my parish and am expecting a feedback on Saturday. Thank ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 18, 2017
davsquared:

Na so e dey b. I have friends who faced such . All dis "Favour", "Love", "Goodness" kinda names are not allowed lately.

An option u can use is to baptise with his native name. They will approve it especially if d name has "Chukwu" or names close to dat in meaning. U can ask d cathechist sha if dat will fly
Thanks alot ma, he has Chukwu in his native name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 18, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Na ndụ eberebe nwanne m cheesy

Destiny self is not a saint name. Same thing happened to me when I wanted to register my daughter for baptism, hubby and I had to leave our church to another catholic church. I browsed online and saw a saint bearing the name(the saint is not common) that's what saved me. Look for a way to convince him, maybe a reason why you choose Zion or something Chinekeded to make him believe. Meanwhile I've not heard of a saint bearing my name self
Nwanne mmadu am on it now sha, I jex pray it works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2017
hunniesuzie:
It's the catechist. In my parish they insist on a saints name. DH said he wants LOs baptismal name to be his native name, see quarrel! But when you marry a man with strong head you know who go win nah. Some priests insist on a saints name so you can call on the saint in case of anything, some will agree to native name so far it has a scriptural meaning. Depends on you sha, you can pick another name for baptism purposes if you no get power to argue or you can drag yourselves to Revd father/another parish

I will go with native names then.
Thanks alot ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nancyij(f): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2017
good morning mummies,pls I need your help,which business can someone start with 500,000,pls help me

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2017
sassyangel1:
I

Can I b sincere n truthful wth u? I enjoyed having sex wen I experienced the itching jajaina esp d doggy style (duh!!!!)

The kpekusing mistress

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 8:53am On Aug 18, 2017
dasugar:
BA this is to announce d arrival of my prince yesterday at 11.30am tru cs at 3.8kg

Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:54am On Aug 18, 2017
Benignasweety:
Catholic maamas Otito diri Jesu! na ndu ebeebe..

So I went to register for my ds infant baptism and the catechist after collecting registration money of 7h said I can't baptise him with the name Zion that its has not been heard of and the name is too powerful that I should choose a saint name. Meanwhile a lady came also and registered her baby as Destiny. I asked him if Destiny is a saint name and he said it's Godly name.

Abeg una fit help me ask priests you are close to what is wrong in baptising my son with the name Zion, so I would know if the wahala is just the catechist. That's even what we already have in his birth certificate.

Catholic maamas no read pass me abeg.

Bull$#!t!

Go and speak directly to your priest. I know people who are baptised with their traditional names... osa... olu.... chi... etc.

Your arguement....

The saints were once normal people and most of the saints names are not necessarily biblical, therefore if you want to choose a name as long as the name has a good meaning that should be the determinant factor.

For example very close to home since you are ibo and if your priest is as well he will connect with you on this,

Cyprian Iwene Tansi , that is a saint / blessed, will the pope say because his name is not john the cannot be cannonised? Please show me where cyprian is in the bible, the name simply means one from cyprus, it doent even have a particularly fantastic meaning. I have no idea what iwene or tansi means but neither of them are biblical or saintly!

Or will God ask you in heaven that since your name is not a saints name you cannot enter heaven?

Also What does the cathechist mean the name is too powerful?

Does he realise that some latino people even bear Jesus as first names. Can it be more powerful than that? and we no carry catholic church put for head like they do.

It is your priest that will baptise the child, speak to him or go to another parish if your own are being ridiculous.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Bull$#!t!

Go and speak directly to your priest. I know people who are baptised with their traditional names... osa... olu.... chi... etc.

Your arguement....

The saints were once normal people and most of the saints names are not necessarily biblical, therefore if you want to choose a name as long as the name has a good meaning that should be the determinant factor.

For example very close to home since you are ibo and if your priest is as well he will connect with you on this,

Cyprian Iwene Tansi , that is a saint / blessed, will the pope say because his name is not john the cannot be cannonised? Please show me where cyprian is in the bible, the name simply means one from cyprus, it doent even have a particularly fantastic meaning. I have no idea what iwene or tansi means but neither of them are biblical or saintly!

Or will God ask you in heaven that since your name is not a saints name you cannot enter heaven?

Also What does the cathechist mean the name is too powerful?

Does he realise that some latino people even bear Jesus as first names. Can it be more powerful than that? and we no carry catholic church put for head like they do.

It is your priest that will baptise the child, speak to him or go to another parish if your own are being ridiculous.

Chai, am always wowed with the way you analyse things.
If you be book, you be encyclopedia
if you be app, trust me you na google.
Thanks alot, I appreciate everyone wey choke mouth for my matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:07am On Aug 18, 2017
Poshestmina your last post I don't even know whether to cry or to laugh. The fact that she felt the need to beat the boy over something that's probably her fault. I sha hope she would still talk to him and know what he's been exposed to choi.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2017
sassyangel1:
I

Can I b sincere n truthful wth u? I enjoyed having sex wen I experienced the itching jajaina esp d doggy style (duh!!!!)
hian this Akwaibom woman lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 18, 2017
Giddyperson:
Poshestmina your last post I don't even know whether to cry or to laugh. The fact that she felt the need to beat the boy over something that's probably her fault. I sha hope she would still talk to him and know what he's been exposed to choi.

Read it too and was lipsrsealed My SIL'S son(a boy of 5)that came for hols was telling Kaka and Vic that his dad will come back from work, tell his mom to serve him food and the other one too, then later they'll hear their mom moaning crying inside the room. I was like Chim oooo!! Kaka told him to shut up that he talks too much.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 18, 2017
[...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2017
Anugod:
Choi! shocked shocked Mama the mama! I raise one nyash for you oh!

About the itching thing, make me sef follow chook mouth.
Around 6 to 7 weeks or so, I noticed that itching, but mine came with some cramps sha. I went to the hospital and doc ran some tests and pregnancy-related UTI was diagnosed. shocked shocked Doc said could cause MC. shocked shocked

He sha prescribed one safe antibiotic med and another antifungal one to be inserted for 6 days. Na so the itching take stop sha.

So it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit the hospital @ booqee. Not to scare you though, but just to make sure everything is OK.
I miscarried@23weeks with UTI and Candida
Go and see doc asap @boqee
My doc was so lackadaisical about mine. Telling me it was common in Pregnancy until my baby came out pre term.

Though some say it's part of the package
That was why I was relaxed too
But I now know bodies and immunities are different

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Read it too and was lipsrsealed My SIL'S son(a boy of 5)that came for hols was telling Kaka and Vic that his dad will come back from work, tell his mom to serve him food and the other one too, then later they'll hear their mom moaning crying inside the room. I was like Chim oooo!! Kaka told him to shut up that he talks too much.
embarassed cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2017
Benignasweety:
Chai, am always wowed with the way you analyse things.
If you be book, you be encyclopedia
if you be app, trust me you na google.
Thanks alot, I appreciate everyone wey choke mouth for my matter.
Insist on Zion
Show him Birth certificate as evidence
If he no gree look for another cath church

Or use Zion as first name, then his Igbo name as Baptism name

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2017
belladsweet:
Nope i dont have any issue at all the doctor just recommended it when i told him i and DH were ready to start having babies.

That isn't right.

I took clomid (on my Dr's prescription) after DH and I had tried for a while and nothing happened. I wasn't seeing my ovulation signs and I complained to my Dr. He then ran some tests, and based on the results,he prescribed Clomid and he had to monitor me while I was on it.
He should have just given u folic acid and asked u to monitor ur ovulation days so as to know the peak periods, not giving u clomid when there hasn't been an obvious issue.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:19am On Aug 18, 2017
Benignasweety:

So I went to register for my ds infant baptism and the catechist after collecting registration money of 7h said I can't baptise him with the name Zion that its has not been heard of and the name is too powerful that I should choose a saint name. Meanwhile a lady came also and registered her baby as Destiny. I asked him if Destiny is a saint name and he said it's Godly name.

Abeg una fit help me ask priests you are close to what is wrong in baptising my son with the name Zion, so I would know if the wahala is just the catechist. That's even what we already have in his birth certificate.

They did this to me too, DH and I had chosen a name...all for us to get to church and the catechist said that it's not a valid saint name. DH wanted to drag it with them o, but I just told him not to bother...shebi na name?! We had to give her another name.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DEllaluv(f): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2017
Good morning mamas,please,anyone living in Awka,know of a good hospital for antenatal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2017
We just need to praise da Lord!
Forzarush updated her diary and there was no mention of eating food like one million times!

God is good! shocked

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 10:29am On Aug 18, 2017
Chijiuche:
My sisters, inorder not for me to get high PB again, I have decided to be carrying my omron portable BP monitor dey follow body every antenatal grin....Last month I went for an antenatal, The nurses checked my BP and it read 146/90. My doctor was worried. As soon as i saw the result , headache started...After seeing the doctor, I couldn't even go back to the office, just went home and started praying.

I called DH and he got this Omron portable monitor on his way home.....Lo and behold! I checked my BP and it was 108/65. The whole of that week, I have been carrying it to the office and have been checking at interval and it has always been around 108-112/65-70. I did it everyday for 2 weeks and it never gone above 112.

At my next antenatal, i carried my BP monitor for handbag, Nurses check theirs 147/92, What is wrong Madam ( in Nurses voice). I brought out my BP monitor and told the Nurse that I want to check with mine. it was 110/65. Hospital checked again - 144/90...I checked again - 112/65. ( The one to document for my file became a problem) grin. They later called matron ( on top my matter) and she checked the recaliberation file and found out that they missed the last calibration appointment, hence the wrong output lipsrsealed.

So my advice to everyone is if you get small money, abeg waka go buy your BP monitor ( Omron is a good brand) and carry am dey follow body when you dey go for appointment.

I don learn my lesson ooo

Chai, see how they can even make someone who doesn't have high bp develop it eh.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:30am On Aug 18, 2017
belladsweet:
Nope i dont have any issue at all the doctor just recommended it when i told him i and DH were ready to start having babies.

How long have you been trying for? clomid may be used as the first stage of fertility treatment and in that case you need to be monitored to ensure that you are actually ovulating.... from my experience you need to be trying for atleast 6 months first before your gynea will even be considered as a potential fertility issue.

it would be wrong/ irresponsible for the doctor to just prescribe clomid like paracetamol! and ask you to take it for however long and see what happens

it should be combined with regular scans to see how your ovaries are reacting to it, measure your egg(s) developement and also give you a time frame of when ovulation is likely so that you can maximize the opportunity.

if he did not do any of this...... biko change your doctor!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 10:44am On Aug 18, 2017
Prettyhurts:

lmao children can disgrace somebody. Their smartness these days is on another level

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Roseey0:

Insist on Zion
Show him Birth certificate as evidence
If he no gree look for another cath church

Or use Zion as first name, then his Igbo name as Baptism name
That's wat am going to drag with Parish priest this evening, the catechist has booked an appointment for me and the priest.
if Zion no work abeg take Obimnaetochukwu and Baptize him biko.

thanks ma.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Arihodo(f): 11:06am On Aug 18, 2017
Benignasweety:

Dear mama, am not a Catholic. but I know that Zion means pure in heart.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2017
enque:

They did this to me too, DH and I had chosen a name...all for us to get to church and the catechist said that it's not a valid saint name. DH wanted to drag it with them o, but I just told him not to bother...shebi na name?! We had to give her another name.
You for allow am drag am with them o.
No name suites my son again other than his name, and we don even do naming with a Lagos priest involved sef who blessed him and so na dat name God take know my pikin o now they want to introduce something funny like how are they sure my son won't be a saint (saint Zion). I just tire but if e no get head, I go with his Igbo name or better still suspend baptism for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2017
Arihodo:

Dear mama, am not a Catholic. but I know that Zion means pure in heart.
I tire o, dem say e equivalent to giving him God's name that its too powerful like I want to name him Heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2017
Giddyperson:
lmao children can disgrace somebody. Their smartness these days is on another level

I wonder what they discuss in school during free period, and that boy can talk ehh. Yesterday when hubby was making call in the sitting room, I came out from the room and saw someone's ear placed on the curtain(dunno how to explain it), what he wants to hear I don't know. I can't wait for August to finish seriously

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2017
FexCathy:

Teamie lucky u o! I wish I cud borrow ur shoes o! Everyday I keep discovering one new things. With my first child, it was much easier but dis baby nor gree o! From nausea to spitting to headaches. It is well jare!

Pls where is our cappo o!

Cc: Elmaspeed

Darling moi see me here o. I've been on bed rest cos of MS.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2017
Make una add me to January team na.abi I need buy hot drink to take beg? cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trendytessy(f): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2017
DEllaluv:
Good morning mamas,please,anyone living in Awka,know of a good hospital for antenatal

I use Assumpta at qtrs... I've heard abt Amen too. if u prefer govt u could use Amaku GH

(1) (2) (3) ... (3347) (3348) (3349) (3350) (3351) (3352) (3353) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.