Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132185 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3349) (3350) (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
If u don't have ulcer drink ur garri.
Garri is good food.

No dear. I dont have ulcer.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by brooklyn20: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
H
booqee:
alright thanks..

I don't know if have any idea on this..

my privates have been itching me like crazy.. the more I itch, the more it itches me.. I'm certain I didn't contract infection anywhere.. cos I've only been using my own toilet, and I wash it well myself..don't know if it's pregnancy related.

is there something I can use without going to hospital

Please visit the hospital for proper diagnosis and treatment, don't take chances I beg of you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
She has transferred the eating to Fortune

zaynie:
We just need to praise da Lord!
Forzarush updated her diary and there was no mention of eating food like one million times!

God is good! shocked

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Arihodo(f): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
FexCathy:
Pls mamas is it safe to drink garri? Am 10 weeks gone

mama abeg enjoy your garri ooo especially with powdered peak milk. if u are from this part of 9ja where I come from, they will soak it over night and give it to u early mornings as soon as Lo arrives. enjoy now wey e hungry u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
Only time I ever threw up i was 38 weeks along.

MoyosBlog123:
cry crypls Adorable mothers EPP me.
Is their anything like morning sickness in third trimester?.....Seems the sh#t is back.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by euphorbia(f): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
forzarush:
On the 8th/9th I didn't sleep till almost 04:00 am,I was praying and crying. My parents that I always abandon in the middle of prayers left me on my mat. I got up early on the 9th,prepared my cousins and sent them off to coaching with the exception of the youngest,I was her tutor. I occupied her with letter work and simple addition while I cleared the kitchen sink,washed the bathroom and toilet till they sparkled and did a little laundry as I didn't want to come back from delivery to meet dirty clothes. My mum was astonished. After all that nothing happened still other than excruciating back ache. On Thursday,10th August I did all I wanted to,engaged my cousin as usual and asked mum to continue with her while I dashed to the hospital to carry out the Biophysical Profile and that I'd show it to Alhaja (chief matron of my ANC) and I'd let her speak to my mum on the next step to take (this was to calm my mum cos she was afraid of induction going awry nd having to resort to CS). I met Alhaja who asked why I was still waddling and I told her,she said to bring the result to her when it's out.
I got my result around past 3pm,baby's estimated weight was 3.9kg,and we were rated 4/8. I went to Chief with the result and the 1st thing she said was "stand beside me",she started on how she wasn't sure I could deliver vaginally considering my height and the baby's weight. I called mum and Alhaja just told her she'd do what was right for me and I would let her know if I needed her. We proceeded to the emergency unit where the doctor on call examined me and said OS was still closed,he had 2 of his colleagues with him. Alhaja rang for the senior doctor on call and he arrived with another colleague and I was being spoken of like a specimen. 'Are you sure you're 1.52m tall?' 'We'll have to bring this one (baby) out ni o!' And all. I was told I would be admitted and I was given a list of things to get. I called my mum and she set out. I was distraught with all I heard but I had to be strong,I couldn't call DH- he was at work. I called hunniesuzie (God bless her) and I narrated everything in tears. She calmed me and told me to go ahead with induction but keep an open mind for CS and prepare to bear the pains of delivery,she and her mum were with me in prayers. I cried and cleaned up before my mum arrived and I furnished her with as little info as I could. By the time I was ready to go into the ward it was almost 6pm and the dr gave us another list of drugs, injectibles and all. The procedure was for 12:00am,Friday morning. We were three,two were induced using tab Misoprostol while I was taken to the labour room, stripped,a cartheter inserted and something pumped into me (they called it transvaginal whatever)then I was moved back into the ward. Sometimes during the night contractions started and two of us were moved into the labor room. I watched my partner scream and cry till she delivered and I was just praying,contractions stopped and I went back to the ward. The doctors came round and said I couldn't be given anything till 12pm, so I was abandoned. I kept having false contractions till about 2pm or so when my mum was asked to get more drugs and the doctor came around to rupture my membranes. I was placed on oxytocin drip and then drama started.
mama, still waiting for the drama part ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by showerses: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Cappo you omitted my name ooo abeg add me
ElmaSpeed:
Team March 2018 roll call.
If you hear your name, say "present twice" grin

Fexcathy
Nifes
Temmy2103
ElmaSpeed
Tripletmom
Beautyuche
Eniafelamo
Happychildlove

Who did I miss?
...and how is MS treating us? Mine has been horrible. But there's a silver lining. I found out that eating raw pear helps reduce the spitting. Drinking warm water helps with the nausea too.

Please share what works for you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by euphorbia(f): 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
Kimlad:
BS Part 1
permit me to write my BS in part oooo,
I thank Almighty Allah SWT for the smooth pregnancy and delivery. Without Allah, I'm nothing and am fully dependent on him.

I got married April 2016. I and DH though pregnancy is an automatic ticket when married. I didn't get pregnant the first and second month. I had to visit the hospital to consult a doc. the doc did not take I and my hubby serious. He just laughed at us. I went after 5month of marriage again and I insisted that I wanted to meet with a gynae for a fertility test. After much pestering, the doc grant my wish. I was actually pushed to the wall coz wheneva I c AF, DH ll get angry with me for like a week. I met with the gynaecologist and I was asked some question and he ordered 3test for me. two for myself, one for DH. I was asked to take HSG and pelvic scan while DH was asked to take SPA. I was given date for d HSG in which I did at day 12 of my cycle, was asked to come back for the pelvic scan by d following week. when I went for the pelvic scan, a follicle that was ready to get burst was detected, the sinohrapher asked the reason for my pelvic scan, and I told him av been unable to conceive for 6 months. he then asked if I have done HSG, I said yes and the result came out fine and he then said I should call my DH for his own test. I was so happy, knowing I was ovulating and egg is ready to be fertilized. I quickly got home, told DH to come back from work on time, prepared his best meal and of course kpekus, but at d end of the month, still got my AF. I cried my eyes out. I lost all hope and waited for Gods time. Fast forward to DEC 2016, I was expecting my period on a Thur, but I saw some little spoting's on Tue, then I started crying again. however, I used pad on wed and I was expecting to c heavy flow but didn't c anything. Same with Thur, on getting back from work on Thur, was very tired, I started feeling extreme menstrual cramps. I started commuted and poking n there was no one at home. I was getting close to losing consciousness but I had to pour water on my head, when I felt a bit relieve, I had to rush out to get pad cos I don't av pad again, I used the pad ova9t, I was expecting that I ll get stained n I didn't c anything. the following sat, I took urine pregnancy test and I saw a BFP. I couldn't thank Allah SWT enough. was so happy, every day passed by like a miracle, I had slight MS, feeling of nausea wheneva I brush in the morning. I was hyperactive all through my pregnancy starting from day 1 till the last day of pregnancy. Although, I feel tired sometimes but donno i how I use to regain the heavenly strength. fast forward to 34weeks, I went to a part and lo won't stop kicking, I had to rush to d hospital the next day and I was told baby was breeched. I prayed wholeheartedly and baby had turned back to cephalic position @ 37weeks. Immediately I knew, I started taking lots of pineapple and I googled exercise for pelvic bone, and I started doing these exercises. I started trekking and I was even more hyperactive. fast forward to 38weeks, DH touched the down part of my tommy and discovered it was empty, as if there was nothing there. and I never experienced frequent urination nor lightening. DH was like it seems baby is not ready to come, I was like it seems so, apart from braxton hick which started at 37weeks, there was no sign of labour.At 38.4 weeks, I woke up in the morning and was extremely tired, I went to work and my body came back to normal. 38.5weeks which was Aug 1 was my dads birthday, I and my siblings put a call through home, I spoke with every member of my family, was also tired when I woke up, don't feel like going to work bit still forced myself but with the intention to drop maternity leave letter. I planned not to work that day and I hope it ll be granted immediately. however, my boss delayed me till evening, so that I can round up things on my table. I actually planned to visit a Frd of mine who was travelling out soon, but she wasn't around when I called, I went round at my place of work and inform most of our staff that am now on mat leave that am not more coming to work. the reason I put in for mat leave is that I want to put some things in place before I give birth. I had plans for the week starting from wed to sun, my plan on wed was to use my bump opportunity to get national I'd , fast forward to Tue evening, I started taking pineapple and I told my neighbour that I heard this pineapple is labour inducing hormone.
By 10pm, I started having uncomfortable braxton hick that I had to kneel then put my head on d bed for like 30minutes before I finally slept off.

watch out for part2, baby has woken up

how is ur lo doing?waiting for part 2
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by showerses: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
I am 10wks too always drinking Garri without milk with Beans , though have ulcer but has not felt any Ucler symptom since i became preg
MoyosBlog123:
If u don't have ulcer drink ur garri.
Garri is good food.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by euphorbia(f): 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
FexCathy:
Pls mamas is it safe to drink garri? Am 10 weeks gone
its safe.drink it if that is what u feel u can tolerate. u can spice it milk but I doubt if u ll tolerate that. @ 10 weeks in my previous journey, garri water was my water as I couldn't drink ordinary water. I had ulcer but didn't feel it at all during pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Giddyperson:
hian this Akwaibom woman lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Talk true.... U no dey gbadun ur hubby koboko?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=sassyangel1 post=59597073]

Talk true.... U no dey gbadun ur hubby koboko?abeg, grab am b4 dis stray slayers miss road. As 4 me, I must possess my possession o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
lioha:

The kpekusing mistress

I see u ojare...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatp80(f): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
temmy2103:
Abeg which ANC day is she, so I can know which day to seek when I register

She is alwz on sit on each antenatal day. We call her alhaja. She is a true mother indeed wen you get closer in knowing her. Funny enough, u might feel bad when she is talking or addressing Preggy mamas.,but behind dat stern and fierce look lies a kind hearted mama. Talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trendytessy(f): 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
pls mamas is it safe to take coartem dispersible for malaria? I'm 40weeks already. I've only taken malaria drugs once since I got pregnant and I didn't get myself till I threw it all out.
pls don't read and pass
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hebrewbirths: 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Trendytessy:
pls mamas is it safe to take coartem dispersible for malaria? I'm 40weeks already. I've only taken malaria drugs once since I got pregnant and I didn't get myself till I threw it all out.
pls don't read and pass

pls mama I wouldn't advice u take antimalarial at 40weeks especially if it's self medication. The latest I know doctors give it is at 8mths except in extreme cases.

Abeg leave the drug if u can and concentrate on bringing Lo forth after which u can treat it

Just my 2cents advice o
We shall all deliver safely with babies alive and parents alive in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
MummyAudrey:
Make una add me to January team na.abi I need buy hot drink to take beg? cry

Lol
Na snail teeth u go bring come grin
Welcome teamie we see you

ADDED

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
greatp80:

She is alwz on sit on each antenatal day. We call her alhaja. She is a true mother indeed wen you get closer in knowing her. Funny enough, u might feel bad when she is talking or addressing Preggy mamas.,but behind dat stern and fierce look lies a kind hearted mama. Talking from experience.

I knew during my first journey, she's really sweet. Was on Monday team and there was a Friday team so I wanted to know if she's on Mondays or Fridays
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 3:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Arihodo:

mama abeg enjoy your garri ooo especially with powdered peak milk. if u are from this part of 9ja where I come from, they will soak it over night and give it to u early mornings as soon as Lo arrives. enjoy now wey e hungry u.

Wow! Are you serious? After you have given birth? Thats interesting o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
ElmaSpeed:

Fexcathy
Nifes
Temmy2103
ElmaSpeed
Tripletmom
Beautyuche
Eniafelamo
Happychildlove

Who did I miss?
...and how is MS treating us? Mine has been horrible. But there's a silver lining. I found out that eating raw pear helps reduce the spitting. Drinking warm water helps with the nausea too.

Present! Present!!
Don't really have MS, feel nauseous once in awhile but this is sure different from my first that I didn't feel anything except I could sleep for Africa.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
euphorbia:

its safe.drink it if that is what u feel u can tolerate. u can spice it milk but I doubt if u ll tolerate that. @ 10 weeks in my previous journey, garri water was my water as I couldn't drink ordinary water. I had ulcer but didn't feel it at all during pregnancy

Ok. Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favouredestiny: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
ElmaSpeed:

Fexcathy
Nifes
Temmy2103
ElmaSpeed
Tripletmom
Beautyuche
Eniafelamo
Happychildlove

Who did I miss?

You missed me. No morning sickness.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Spakuls: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Can't believe I just read over 20 pages of the backlog since I logged in last...chai.Skipped the fight part sha no get strength,I kept reading hoping to find Phalekky's BA only to see something sad.
@ phalekky so sorry..Affliction would not rise a second time..please be strong in these trying times...God would give you double for your troubles in Jesus Name. Amen.

For the giveaway post I did earlier,if you sent me a pm and I didn't reply..E joor mabinu I got about 7pms and it's one drawer grin so I chose the first two pms I got in my mail..wish I could do more...Thanks mamas for understanding and God Bless You all..Kisses

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Arihodo(f): 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
FexCathy:

Wow! Are you serious? After you have given birth? Thats interesting o!
yes oo. that's the culture.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
Body differs sha. Each time I took garri in my first trimester I end up with serious pain that lands me in the hospital. I totally forgot I had ulcer wen I took in.
I guess the stuff increased cos I wasn't eating well cos of MS..
Please always add enough milk to ur garri to avoid stories .

showerses:
I am 10wks too always drinking Garri without milk with Beans , though have ulcer but has not felt any Ucler symptom since i became preg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by aghaibiam(f): 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
I am a bit confused here.I couldn't sleep all through wed night.dh spent the whole night rubbing and massaging my body.Yesterday morning I ate amala and i vomitted it all.overnight I slept so well without the usual pains which is quite unusual.I woke up feeling better that I actually washed all my dirty clothes plus the children's.My baby has got me worried cos he has been unusually quiet all day.No movements.Can anything be wrong.My doctor says I should come around by evening.I am worried .Dull tummy pains.
.I am 37 weeks+.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
I have this terrible nausea and am so tired ehn.
Can't even eat cry
It is well

hunniesuzie:
Only time I ever threw up i was 38 weeks along.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hebrewbirths: 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
aghaibiam:
I am a bit confused here.I couldn't sleep all through wed night.dh spent the whole night rubbing and massaging my body.Yesterday morning I ate amala and i vomitted it all.overnight I slept so well without the usual pains which is quite unusual.I woke up feeling better that I actually washed all my dirty clothes plus the children's.My baby has got me worried cos he has been unusually quiet all day.No movements.Can anything be wrong.My doctor says I should come around by evening.I am worried .Dull tummy pains.
.I am 37 weeks+.

Mama go and take cold orange juice, then lie down on ur left side and watch for baby's movement. Am sure you will feel baby move.

Endeavor to see ur doctor by evening.

It will all end in praises
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatp80(f): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
temmy2103:

I knew during my first journey, she's really sweet. Was on Monday team and there was a Friday team so I wanted to know if she's on Mondays or Fridays

Yes, she is alwz around on both days. She is d chief matron for antenatal and posnatal.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
Arihodo:

This must be my state, nkuho things lol!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by aghaibiam(f): 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
hebrewbirths:

Mama go and take cold orange juice, then lie down on ur left side and watch for baby's movement. Am sure you will feel baby move.

Endeavor to see ur doctor by evening.

It will all end in praises
I don't have juice around.I am having some cramps every 5 minutes or so lasting about a minute.Dh is on his way home to take me to the clinic.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
mitche15:

With peppersoup and Asun... welcome ma cc curvilicious
Thanks my dear. Make I run go market be that naa

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3349) (3350) (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hollyb(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.