Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8154817 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) (3522) (3523) (3524) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
imurboss:

Una no answer me ni....it's OK oo.#lipssealed#

Abeg no vex ma, no idea. Sabi mamas go do justice to ur question ma.

Abeg make u also #unsealedurlips#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
Anugod this your matter is dicey. Me will prefer going with dads suggestions cos its going to favour you more and that doesn't mean your DH isn't up to per .

A new mom needs all the care, comfort/care and guidance that she can get.

My culture do naming low key and dedication in 3 months lavish. My sons naming was done in the hospital cos we were there for a month.

If possible do the naming at your parents house with just immediate family(my dad named my son on the phone cos he wasn't in town).

Then do the party in your house when you must have returned home.

Discuss with you hubby and make him see why you won't mind going to stay with mom who will offer you her undivided attention.

On the issue of being away from your dh for a while that could be sorted by him coming weekends or anytime he is available.

When baby comes especially the one that comes with crying anointing you won't even remember husband.

God forbid your milk doesn't flow well or your get cracked nipple Na you go evict DH from room when the stress becomes unbearable..

This is my opinion sha and what I'll very likely do if I find myself in your position! Experience has taught me to ALWAYS RECIEVE ANY FREE HELP WHEN YOU HAVE A NEWBORN .

You and DH have a lifetime to spend with each other.

Also let daddy know that your hubby agreed out of respect for him and the love he has for you and your wellbeing.

I pray all works out well for you.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

angry angry so na u use rope tie me for here? I con tink say na my village people. Oya quick quick untie me make I go buy water yam and cocoyam, periwinkle, smoke fish and dry fish for my ekpang. I get enough crayfish for use and rest ingredients......

Abeg sassyangel help me peel the water yam n cocoyam na.make olalayo1710 help crate am, then my teamies them go help me with the wrapping. Me go do the cooking n the eating.

So u stee get mouth to dey give recipe.... Ok, I dey come for u(enters farm to find correct native cellotape to seal proudmom38 mouth). Mk dis my sister no finish her oga money cos we must buy ashoebi n use flight come naming ceremony live in ekp town.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eezohbae:

Proudmom38,you really get strength o,you can cook and still eat,and crave for more,na enjoyment for you o. Cos then my other name was laziness, was always weak to do anything

My sister, the only strength i have is to crave, cook, eat and enter nairaland o. The rest na story lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
Anugod:
Please mamas help me chook mouth inside this matter.

So my dad called this morning, and suggested that he would like for me to go spend the last few weeks of my pregnancy at home with my mom. Mum is a nurse, currently in school but will be through with her final exams next month. He wants me to go stay with her because she'd be returning to work at our hometown after her final exams (location is different from where dad is based). He feels I'd be exposed to excellent medical care coming from her and the hospital where she works. He also feels that since dh and I are not mobile, night emergencies won't be funny here. As for that, dh and I have since made arrangements with a reliable cab guy who's always at our beck and call. We also have a neighbour who we can contact too.

Then he feels it'd be better I stay with mum for omugwo instead of her coming over here, maybe cos he feels our house is not too big. In as much as I would really love to receive medical care from mum, cos I wouldn't have to worry about rude nurses or nonchalant care workers, I am having mixed feelings about the whole idea.

1. Since I got married, the highest I've been separated from my dh is one day, so I don't really know how I would cope if I have to leave him with no immediate return date in mind.
2. Would I be able to return as soon as baby is born? Cos I don't want to do our naming in the village. We have plans for that here, and going would distabilize those plans.
3. I feel somehow that my dad is limiting my hubby's capacity to take care of his responsibilities and feels I'm safer with mum at this stage. I know my dh's pride and how he won't be happy to think that dad feels he's incapable to handling our emergencies.

Although, dad asked me not to tell dh, that he would tell him himself, and put it to him as a suggestion, he wanted to know my take.
I told him I have no problem with the idea if my dh approves of it, but now I'm feeling somehow about it. My dh may approve since he would want the best care for me, but that would mean a lot of distabilization for me...

Please what would you advise me do?
Do I go along with the plan? Do I put a stop to the idea? Just what do I do?!
Hmm.... this is such a dicey situation.
Ur dad means well for you. But truth be told... you're now married with plans about ur future together with ur well meaning husband too. Ur hubby's ego will be hurt no matter how the situation is painted to him. Our parents need to understand that once we are married, their major assignment is just to keep commending Us to the hands of God & not seeking for a way to meddle in our lives in the name of love.

Lemme tell you about myself a little.... I have the opportunity of birthing in the USA but my mum has her plans... try to bring ur first son along & you'll not be going back to Nigeria. then we find a way ur hubby too will be able to come over. For what? not that am rich here but am satisfied with a good marriage. I don't beg from them, infact I look well b4 accepting gifts from them. Doesn't she mean well to an extent... she does but what effect will it have on a long run? same thing she proposed to my sister in Europe... When God has blessed us with wonderful selfless husbands... fulfilling purpose is key.

Ur 3rd point spoke it all... feelings of incapability on ur hubby's side... dh may not talk now o but I tell you, it's just a matter of time... men cherish their egos..
No, you won't also be able to return to Abuja b4 naming.. they won't allow you.
Yes, you would cope without him but will you be happy? if they get away with this, you won't be able to stop other intrusions.
I love my parents but I like to do what is right..

Ask urself sincerely, if it were to be his parents proposition...how will you feel? you will most likely feel ur dh is selfish to allow you go just like that. Pls so that it won't be a surprise to ur dh, try telling him in another way like ur friends parents are proposing that to ur friend & See how he will react. from there you'll know if you should tell him & you'll both work out a possible polite response when he's been told. you can also pray about it together so that whatever ur decision is won't be judged badly.

Above all, pray, seek Godly counsel from trusted unbiased, not culturally inclined pple. It's ur home, God is in charge.

if he's the type that loves to be involved pls let him be cos sometimes when men are not fully involved in some of these activities.. preg, newborn care... they may not understand & it will pain you more later on. hope you understand me sha?

Disclaimer... all above is my personal opinion & from experience too. thank you.

Am sorry for my long post.

42 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Person no dey follow u play ni, abeg no let me go mama omoye house. I no get power to cook community food. lipsrsealed

No o, u go go o. Mk u no spoil n chop money for my free ashoebi 4 ur lo naming ceremony. Infact, Na EFCC I go report ur mata cos u don dey chop pass daily feeding allowance (whistle blowing tinz).

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pennywise:

Enjoy your pregnancy my dear. Its a good thing. It can be quite sexy too cheesy

Thk u bro. I can't wait to offload so dt I can get my groove back on(keemon... Dancing old skool steps).
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
olalayo1710:
Yeah, friends for life

Yes ooo (two fingers in the air).
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
enkaydewdrop:

Mama Proudyyyyyy cheesy
Thanks for always checking on me sis...

Jay is doing well mami, thank you.

How's Prouddad and my LilProudy?
kiss kiss kiss

Always dear.

Good to hear.

They are doing fine ma'am.

Regards!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SomebodysMum: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Anugod
You deserve a much longer response but Lilliesbud12 has done justice to the matter. IMHO

Me I am Ruth Abokoku o and my answer will reflect that. As long as your man is caring and helpful, you guys are in this together. Your dad means well but he's an intruder in this matter. Make up your mind in good time and call him back before he calls your man.

If your mum wants to help, she should come over. If not, you guys will be fine. Orphan kuku dey born pikin.

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pennywise(m): 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
sassyangel1:

Thk u bro. I can't wait to offload so dt I can get my groove back on(keemon... Dancing old skool steps).

Who says you cant groove in pregnancy. Even exercising is encouraged. Is it your first? It has to be. Seasoned mamas usually will have no time for this.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by toyeem(f): 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Thank you n God bless you ojare. The only mama wey support my gluttonous habit cheesy

No mind sassyangel1 dem, na jeluxy dey worry dem.

U have transfered this craving craving to me ooo. See me craving my pupil's food 2day.I had to walk out of the class before I start begging for food from my grade 5 pupil. Kai,the news for don reach everywhere by 2pm. See correct plantain with egg garnished with pepper,green peas,carrot,shrimps and cornbeef. God bless mothers, we sabi cook combination toh make sense but the boy no gree finish d food.I was almost vexing for him ooo

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pennywise:

Who says you cant groove in pregnancy. Even exercising is encouraged. Is it your first?

No o. Nt my 1st. Mbok, after shouting upandan as soon as dey return from school, Na which strength I wan use exercise. Mbok, my kids r exercise on their own.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
toyeem:

Congrats mama. are you sure its not 2,I was expecting 2 ooo. now i envy you. Can't wait to see my lil angel 2. Just follow anyone. Little angel will come whenever he or she wants.

Thanks teamie. Lol na one o. Please go n check lo one o. Yes o na anyone I dey follow jare.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
toyeem:

U have transfered this craving craving to me ooo. See me craving my pupil's food 2day.I had to walk out of the class before I start begging for food from my grade 5 pupil. Kai,the news for don reach everywhere by 2pm. See correct plantain with egg garnished with pepper,green peas,carrot,shrimps and cornbeef. God bless mothers, we sabi cook combination toh make sense but the boy no gree finish d food.I was almost vexing for him ooo

Ehhhh.... Ohfonehhhh (raising my Christian mother hands to my head). Oya proudmom38, u see Wetin u don cause? U v infected apiri ogologo (long throat in Ibo language)to anoda mama #buharimusthearthis#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Thank you n God bless you ojare. The only mama wey support my gluttonous habit cheesy

No mind sassyangel1 dem, na jeluxy dey worry dem.

Moyoblog is nt supporting u o. U no see the lafta meme 4 d end of her sentence?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
kelizosuy:
I am blushing blue kiss kiss

As if u don't knw u b omote? Mayb wen u become pregnant wth a boy ur nose will turn to d size of hippopotamus own (jst thinking out Loud on ur behalf).
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
imurboss:

Una no answer me ni....it's OK oo.#lipssealed#

No vex ojare. My own calling Na 4 kpekus affairs (u knw everybody gat their own gifts n callings). Oya oooo oda mamas mk una shook mouth o.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pennywise(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
sassyangel1:

No o. Nt my 1st. Mbok, after shouting upandan as soon as dey return from school, Na which strength I wan use exercise. Mbok, my kids r exercise on their own.

[quote][/quote]

I cant recall seeing so many pink f in one place. Its about time i ran along. Wishing you all a memorable labour experience. Unfortunately I cant say sweet, because it was never meant to be sweet. But its God's given opportunity for the woman in you to come forth. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
zaynie:
Kelizosuy,see me laughing you here o cheesy cheesy cheesy
I had a feeling they would backstab you from your first post grin.
Pele kiss
Don't worry when naming shele, we go sideline them.
Baby wee still do birthday o, dey will just smell party Jollof rice, their mouth no go touch am.
First to do no dey pain.... grin

hmm, I trust mama Zaynie, grin she no dey carry last for this 'do me, i do you back 1mil times"

**runs out of thread**

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
Pennywise:

I cant recall seeing so many pink f in one place. Its about time i ran along. Wishing you all a memorable labour experience. Unfortunately I cant say sweet, because it was never meant to be sweet. But its God's given opportunity for the woman in you to come forth. cheesy grin cheesy

Awwww thk u bro. U r always welcome anytime n any day to our pregnancy classroom .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Body dey inside cloth ooo.thanks sis.
How is you and yours?
we are fine ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Hey! You n enkaydewdrop plan am abi! Lol

How's our bae and Rhema doing?

I say a BIG AMEN to your prayer! Thanks sis.

Proudy sent his regards too.

See you in the other room!
Dont mind enkaydewdrop ooooo,she likes copying me embarassed tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
sassyangel1:

No vex ojare. My own calling Na 4 kpekus affairs (u knw everybody gat their own gifts n callings). Oya oooo oda mamas mk una shook mouth o.

Thank you jare our kpekus mistress grin some mamas here don help me already
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Abeg no vex ma, no idea. Sabi mamas go do justice to ur question ma.

Abeg make u also #unsealedurlips#

Thank you my odede, some mamas don put mouth. I don unseal lips grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

angry angry so na u use rope tie me for here? I con tink say na my village people. Oya quick quick untie me make I go buy water yam and cocoyam, periwinkle, smoke fish and dry fish for my ekpang. I get enough crayfish for use and rest ingredients......

Abeg sassyangel help me peel the water yam n cocoyam na.make olalayo1710 help crate am, then my teamies them go help me with the wrapping. Me go do the cooking n the eating.
lol, madam don't worry u don have another partner toyeem she go assist u and u can just eat together grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
toyeem:

chai pregnancy hormone what have u done to all this mamas craving food
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
sassyangel1:

So u stee get mouth to dey give recipe.... Ok, I dey come for u(enters farm to find correct native cellotape to seal proudmom38 mouth). Mk dis my sister no finish her oga money cos we must buy ashoebi n use flight come naming ceremony live in ekp town.

Untie me joor, issit nor pregnancy dat is doing me longer longer ni! Shebi afta April i wee nor do longer longer again. Let me go joor.

Won't I eat again to gather power wait for waddling and pushing ni?

Ashoebi nikan ko, ashoojulumo ni tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
There is nothing as swt as having help around when baby arrive.the stress of a newborn can be overwhelming.

Liftedhands:
Anugod this your matter is dicey. Me will prefer going with dads suggestions cos its going to favour you more and that doesn't mean your DH isn't up to per .

A new mom needs all the care, comfort/care and guidance that she can get.

My culture do naming low key and dedication in 3 months lavish. My sons naming was done in the hospital cos we were there for a month.

If possible do the naming at your parents house with just immediate family(my dad named my son on the phone cos he wasn't in town).

Then do the party in your house when you must have returned home.

Discuss with you hubby and make him see why you won't mind going to stay with mom who will offer you her undivided attention.

On the issue of being away from your dh for a while that could be sorted by him coming weekends or anytime he is available.

When baby comes especially the one that comes with crying anointing you won't even remember husband.

God forbid your milk doesn't flow well or your get cracked nipple Na you go evict DH from room when the stress becomes unbearable..

This is my opinion sha and what I'll very likely do if I find myself in your position! Experience has taught me to ALWAYS RECIEVE ANY FREE HELP WHEN YOU HAVE A NEWBORN .

You and DH have a lifetime to spend with each other.

Also let daddy know that your hubby agreed out of respect for him and the love he has for you and your wellbeing.

I pray all works out well for you.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Untie me joor, issit nor pregnancy dat is doing me longer longer ni! Shebi afta April i wee nor do longer longer again. Let me go joor.

Won't I eat again to gather power wait for waddling and pushing ni?

Ashoebi nikan ko, ashoojulumo ni tongue

Na till oda mamas shook mouth b4 I go Comot d rope. Ahn ahn, pikin weh say Hin mama no go sleep Hin sef no go sleep. I cannot enter dis classroom in peace n satisfaction wthout proudy mama terrorizing my oesophagus? Abi my village pipu don find me reach city?( God forbid o).
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
sassyangel1:

No o, u go go o. Mk u no spoil n chop money for my free ashoebi 4 ur lo naming ceremony. Infact, Na EFCC I go report ur mata cos u don dey chop pass daily feeding allowance (whistle blowing tinz).

Kilagbe? Kileju? EFCC ontop craving mata? Ahhh!

Which time I turn politician?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 4:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
mumsgirl27:
Rant Time:

@Towerofgrace my amiable leaf moimoi teacher, I prepared it on Saturday o and it was delicious but picture no gree load cry, thanks for the tutorial.

Tiri gbosa for you jare, carry go, no mind Proudmom38 you hia, please pity her biko no post the pictures you hia,
cos now if you mention any food na she must to chop am

for instance, if i say Plantain, scrambled eggs, fish sauce and sausages now or ofada rice and ofada sauce with orisirisi and chilled orobo coke or pepsi, she go dey find am upandan, but i won't say it, cos i love her grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) (3522) (3523) (3524) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.