Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8152389 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) (3522) (3523) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
Amen oh
Thanks mami
Maggiespecial:

honestly, i just dey look at dis ur tummy dey use am to pray for my own ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
Oboy let me run along with you oh
zaynie:

Fine girl.

No make all these preggies with big nose to be vexing for you o

RunsOut
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by toyeem(f): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudmom38:

Lol I did cappo in my first pregnancy in 2015 July, I don't want be the only one doing cappo in my team. Let me give room for another person to also be a cappo while I follow. Thanks

In other news, my scan went well n I get to see my lil munchkin's heartbeat. Scan measures 8wks 3days against 9wks 3days according to LMP! EDD is April 30th.

I no know which one to follow sef.

Congrats mama. are you sure its not 2,I was expecting 2 ooo. now i envy you. Can't wait to see my lil angel 2. Just follow anyone. Little angel will come whenever he or she wants.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
olalayo1710:
@4realwoman, congrats on ur bfp, am really happy,What God has done shall be permanent, so happy, u will not tread the TTC road again, happy bumping ma.
@ maami sassyangel1, I just dey gbadun you, lol @ ur padi meme.

kelizosuy thanks for d make up tips, but that ur neighbour no try at all, imagine they still want to come and collect ur gas again haba

Giddyperson long time Maami, how ur amiable mil and giddybaby, e pain me say I miss d pix.

proudmom38 how body, regards to proudy family.

I hail all mamas, and baraka jumaat to all our Muslim sisters
we are fine thanks for asking, how are u?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fyngal1(f): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
kelizosuy:
Fab Friday is here again...
Oya proudmom38, mama zaynie and every other mamas make una come outside oh
This picture was taken last Sunday of May when we just entered our 5th month .
See the way I miss Warri..... I didn't show till about 7months though. Already posted my make up tips

Fyne, segzy gehl kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
enkaydewdrop:

Try Kaaf maternity in Unilag.
But call them first.
Their rates are even cheaper.

OK. ..let me check them online and see if I can get their number, thanks a lot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favouredestiny: 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
Greetings to all mamas here. I want to drop a birth story on behalf of my best friend who isnt on Nairaland. Her EDD by LMP is Sept 28th and by scan its Oct 2nd. She started complaining of not being able to walk properly from last week and the doctor told her its because her baby was engaged. On Tuesday Sept 19, she was at home and was making breakfast when she was hit by the first contraction and she was like what is happening? It continued every 20 minutes apart, she called me to come around to her house that she doesnt understand her body o while she takes her bath and eats breakfast. I quickly came around to know whats happening to her and the contractions were already 10 minutes apart.

I told her lets get her things ready and head for the hospital, she said no that its not yet time that she will go when its 5mins apart as she doesnt want plenty shook shook in her vjay. We stayed for one more hour to get her things ready and left home 12.30pm to the hospital as hubby wasnt around to take her. We got there 1pm and she was checked, they said she wasnt dilating yet and her cervix is still firm. She begged me to take her home as they said she will birth around 8pm or 9pm and i said no that lets stay abeg because the traffic around surulere/yaba is plenty to go home and return which is risky. They took her blood sample for lab test and took us a room where she will stay to labour. Around 2.30pm, my friend started throwing up and shortly after her water broke. At 5pm, she told the matron she wants to pupu and they came to check her, she was already 8cm and they were surprised because they didnt expect her to dilate so fast. They took her to the delivery room and told me to stay outside and pray for her. The doctor and other nurses got inside to deliver my friend's baby and at 5.45pm, her baby came out with a push screaming his lungs out. They later handed the baby to me and i was so glad in my heart to see fresh baby from the mother's womb.

I appreciate and bless God who made it possible for my friend to have a supernatural delivery and use her new baby as a point of contact for everyone here, that mother and child will be very healthy after the delivery process. Amen.

66 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
imurboss:

Una no answer me ni....it's OK oo.#lipssealed#
Sorry sis I wanted to answer you yesterday but got distracted. Yeah BPP scan is usually more expensive cos it's very detailed. The sonographer checks the growing foetus inch by inch to rule out any surprises.

Your doctor ought to have explained to you why he ordered for it! cos it's mostly done for high risk pregnancy or possible high risk .

Anyways you are carrying multiple so that explains it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
enkaydewdrop:

Liftedhands, why?
cry cry cry
Why you do this to me? Ehn Liftedpreek!!!
Why?

KikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikI kikikikikikikikikikikikiki....

Dem go say I don come again.

Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki
I will catch you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
enkaydewdrop:

Mama Moyo herself.
All hail the queen.
cheesy grin

Biko, lemme reverse and be going...
Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki
Zaynie

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
Tanchu ma'am
Fyngal1:

Fyne, segzy gehl kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
I tap into it ohhhhh. Amen
favouredestiny:
Greetings to all mamas here. I want to drop a birth story on behalf of my best friend who isnt on Nairaland. Her EDD by LMP is Sept 28th and by scan its Oct 2nd. She started complaining of not being able to walk properly from last week and the doctor told her its because her baby was engaged. On Tuesday Sept 19, she was at home and was making breakfast when she was hit by the first contraction and she was like what is happening? It continued every 20 minutes apart, she called me to come around to her house that she doesnt understand her body o while she takes her bath and eats breakfast. I quickly came around to know whats happening to her and the contractions were already 10 minutes apart.

I told her lets get her things ready and head for the hospital, she said no that its not yet time that she will go when its 5mins apart as she doesnt want plenty shook shook in her vjay. We stayed for one more hour to get her things ready and left home 12.30pm to the hospital as hubby wasnt around to take her. We got there 1pm and she was checked, they said she wasnt dilating yet and her cervix is still firm. She begged me to take her home as they said she will birth around 8pm or 9pm and i said no that lets stay abeg because the traffic around surulere/yaba is plenty to go home and return which is risky. They took her blood sample for lab test and took us a room where she will stay to labour. Around 2.30pm, my friend started throwing up and shortly after her water broke. At 5pm, she told the matron she wants to pupu and they came to check her, she was already 8cm and they were surprised because they didnt expect her to dilate so fast. They took her to the delivery room and told me to stay outside and pray for her. The doctor and other nurses got inside to deliver my friend's baby and at 5.45pm, her baby came out with a push screaming his lungs out. They later handed the baby to me and i was so glad in my heart to see fresh baby from the mother's womb.

I appreciate and bless God who made it possible for my friend to have a supernatural delivery and use her new baby as a point of contact for everyone here, that mother and child will be very healthy after the delivery process. Amen.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
eksbabe:
Lol, sorry i personally have no idea. Wait small, experienced mamas will surely answer you.

Thank u sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
Please mamas help me chook mouth inside this matter.

So my dad called this morning, and suggested that he would like for me to go spend the last few weeks of my pregnancy at home with my mom. Mum is a nurse, currently in school but will be through with her final exams next month. He wants me to go stay with her because she'd be returning to work at our hometown after her final exams (location is different from where dad is based). He feels I'd be exposed to excellent medical care coming from her and the hospital where she works. He also feels that since dh and I are not mobile, night emergencies won't be funny here. As for that, dh and I have since made arrangements with a reliable cab guy who's always at our beck and call. We also have a neighbour who we can contact too.

Then he feels it'd be better I stay with mum for omugwo instead of her coming over here, maybe cos he feels our house is not too big. In as much as I would really love to receive medical care from mum, cos I wouldn't have to worry about rude nurses or nonchalant care workers, I am having mixed feelings about the whole idea.

1. Since I got married, the highest I've been separated from my dh is one day, so I don't really know how I would cope if I have to leave him with no immediate return date in mind.
2. Would I be able to return as soon as baby is born? Cos I don't want to do our naming in the village. We have plans for that here, and going would distabilize those plans.
3. I feel somehow that my dad is limiting my hubby's capacity to take care of his responsibilities and feels I'm safer with mum at this stage. I know my dh's pride and how he won't be happy to think that dad feels he's incapable of handling our emergencies.

Although, dad asked me not to tell dh, that he would tell him himself, and put it to him as a suggestion, he wanted to know my take.
I told him I have no problem with the idea if my dh approves of it, but now I'm feeling somehow about it. My dh may approve since he would want the best care for me, but that would mean a lot of distabilization for me...

Please what would you advise me do?
Do I go along with the plan? Do I put a stop to the idea? Just what do I do?!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maggiespecial:

hahahahhahaha.. @ booque, maybe u shuld try ginger wit hot water. My own ms av disappeared at exactly 14 wks. My mum said i shuld be boiling hot water togeda wit ginger (i mean raw ginger dt d ibo pple use to sell oo) and put inside flask every morning. dtz d only water av bin drinking since 14th week and i neva smell ms again. pls u can try dt as well.
tried different method of ginger including yours..doesn't work for me. Although, I'm much better now..just remain no appetite & saliva..but I'm now able to control that with guava or garden egg.

Don't mind Zaynie abeg, I dont even know what MS is gan.. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Giddyperson:
cheesy at night when people would be sleeping. How's ms treating you these days
i'm much better than b4 thanks..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
Liftedhands:
Sorry sis I wanted to answer you yesterday but got distracted. Yeah BPP scan is usually more expensive cos it's very detailed. The sonographer checks the growing foetus inch by inch to rule out any surprises.

Your doctor ought to have explained to you why he ordered for it! cos it's mostly done for high risk pregnancy or possible high risk .

Anyways you are carrying multiple so that explains it.

Thanks my mummy!My dr never expalined anything to me so i thought it was the normal scans i've been doing infact when i finished the scan, i didn't need anyone to tell me it was different from others cos it took more than 30mins to be through with it and all my body was aching, it wasn't a small smthg!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2017
Please can someone give me a budget estimate of baby things to buy. Like how much should I have in mind.. just an estimate. thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2017
Giddyperson:
we are fine thanks for asking, how are u?
am good. thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
booqee:
tried different method of ginger including yours..doesn't work for me. Although, I'm much better now..just remain no appetite & saliva..but I'm now able to control that with guava or garden egg.

Don't mind Zaynie abeg, I dont even know what MS is gan.. undecided
as in MS no dey ur dictionary, don't mind madam zaynie jare. As for budget it depends on ur purse and also being a ftm, u can budget like say 100k upward ( note if u are buying baby gears like car seat, strollers etc. it will be more than that 100k)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
olalayo1710:

proudmom38 how body, regards to proudy family.

Body dey inside cloth ooo.thanks sis.

How is you and yours?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
enkaydewdrop:

Mama Moyo herself.
All hail the queen.
cheesy grin

Biko, lemme reverse and be going...
Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki

Bet why are you behaving like this na?
Did that Osogbo boy bring weed for you this hot afternoon again lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
olalayo1710:
shuo, don't tell me u are going to cook that today, ehh mama d mama, sassyangel1 come and see o

Lol, I don't have anyone to help me with the preparation if not I for don cook am tey tey. Missing my mom!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
enkaydewdrop:

Liftedhands, why?
cry cry cry
Why you do this to me? Ehn Liftedpreek!!!
Why?

KikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikI kikikikikikikikikikikikiki....

Dem go say I don come again.

Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki

This has turn X-rated...... Lemme reverse back before I get corrupted.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
olalayo1710:
as in MS no dey ur dictionary, don't mind madam zaynie jare. As for budget it depends on ur purse and also being a ftm, u can budget like say 100k upward ( note if u are buying baby gears like car seat, strollers etc. it will be more than that 100k)

tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
kelizosuy:
Fab Friday is here again...
Oya proudmom38, mama zaynie and every other mamas make una come outside oh
This picture was taken last Sunday of May when we just entered our 5th month .
See the way I miss Warri..... I didn't show till about 7months though. Already posted my make up tips

5th month and u can still wear high waist skirt? shocked I throway yansh for u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
tyconcepts:

This has turn X-rated...... Lemme reverse back before I get corrupted.

Ahnie borrow me your isoko eyes abeg shocked
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
zaynie:

Bet why are you behaving like this na?
Did that Osogbo boy bring weed for you this hot afternoon again lipsrsealed undecided

It's only Bariga weed that can do this

Kikikikikikikikkkkiiiikkkk

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
booqee:
Please can someone give me a budget estimate of baby things to buy. Like how much should I have in mind.. just an estimate. thank u
As a ftm 100k is a good start, but you can buy gradually instead of all at once.

If you wanna splurge and go all out in buying gbogbo nkan Omo at once ....300k upwards and this depends mostly on brand ,quality and quantity.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
sassyangel1:

No fear. I don use rope tie proudymama 4 bed. Aunty craver of the century proudmom38.

angry angry so na u use rope tie me for here? I con tink say na my village people. Oya quick quick untie me make I go buy water yam and cocoyam, periwinkle, smoke fish and dry fish for my ekpang. I get enough crayfish for use and rest ingredients......

Abeg sassyangel help me peel the water yam n cocoyam na.make olalayo1710 help crate am, then my teamies them go help me with the wrapping. Me go do the cooking n the eating.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
sassyangel1:

Ehhhhhhh.... No jst bankrupt proudy papa o wth dis ur craving. Infact, Na 4 mama omoye hse u dey go spend Christmas. No worry, my BIL( proudy papa) don agree.

Person no dey follow u play ni, abeg no let me go mama omoye house. I no get power to cook community food. lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
You are very lucky to b craving and eating well at this stage mama. At 9weeks (mid February) I was begging September to come. The vomiting was sent from my village. Pls eat all u can jare.
grin

Thank you n God bless you ojare. The only mama wey support my gluttonous habit cheesy

No mind sassyangel1 dem, na jeluxy dey worry dem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) (3522) (3523) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iomoge2(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.