Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,525 members, 7,826,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8166656 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2015
Keji3:
I support my testimony, I personally can't share phone number, email or location. There's a reason why we are came to nairaland in the first. Place for privacy and i'll like to keep it dat way. I asked abt when we gender can be checked, nobody answered me since yesterday dats what happens when we let some matters override the main reason for the group....lolz. Even sending pm is @ ur own risk too many scammers out there though was a silent member of ttc group, I saw how it affected some members there. Pls let's all be careful. We shall all carry to full termat22weeks in Jesus name amen.
checked mine at 22weeks it was very clear,tho I was Advised to go at 20wks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2015
omankem:
Gudmrng to all d mummies in d awuz, I hail una oooo! Ve gone 4 TVS nd result stil confirm blighted ovum. Doc has advise to wait till wkend for it to expel itself and if it doesn't an evacuation W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ƪƪ be done. I dnt wnt to ask questns y it happen but rather I wil Praise, Bless nd Glorify d name of d most High God 4 I knw he W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ƪƪ do it again nd again for us. I appreciate evry1 4 dier support nd wrds of encouragemnt. God Bless d wonderful Family!
omg so sorry dear sister the Lord will compensate u...It is well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 10:18am On Jan 31, 2015
mummy2be:
checked mine at 22weeks it was very clear,tho I was Advised to go at 20wks

Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2015
omankem:
Gudmrng to all d mummies in d awuz, I hail una oooo! Ve gone 4 TVS nd result stil confirm blighted ovum. Doc has advise to wait till wkend for it to expel itself and if it doesn't an evacuation W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ƪƪ be done. I dnt wnt to ask questns y it happen but rather I wil Praise, Bless nd Glorify d name of d most High God 4 I knw he W̶̲̥̅̊ȋ̊ƪƪ do it again nd again for us. I appreciate evry1 4 dier support nd wrds of encouragemnt. God Bless d wonderful Family!

Yes he will do it again and give u double for not questioning him but praising him. One love sis

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahmanim: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2015
i subscribe to d location idea. itz better n a very good start
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:53am On Jan 31, 2015
FexCathy:
Gud morning mamas. I think the location thing is a nice idea. Like for e.g who is in warri with me wink
Who is in edo with me too o lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2015
lala4sure:

I was advised here though by some mums at uni and i read about it too from the NHS website http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vitamins-minerals/Pages/Vitamin-A.aspx although not totally avoidance as i posted earlier. However I will ask my midwife next week during my appointment but for now I need to eat what goes down well.

Yup, avoid Excess Vit A during ante-natal for Retinol. Rthe back of most pregnancy ante-natal care tablets, most don't have Vit A. It's very common knowledge. The NHS is correct.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 11:27am On Jan 31, 2015
mytestimony:

I had to go buy liver in kilos. He said he is not too comfortable with my blood level I could do better. I should take fruits. Eat alot of liver. Make sure I dont miss my fessolate.

I don tire with all dis eat this dont eat that abeg. I know someone who ate alot of sand. Wall sef nd she had a healthy beautiful baby.

I had the same issue, in my first trimester. I woke up and was eating gizzard like I was training to turn in
to a chicken smiley

I've heard about not eating liver and not eating too much fish (fish is due to high mercury content. I don't know if it refers to fresh or frozen though. Also watch Caffiene intake (black tea, Lipton and co, have about 45mg of Caffeine but that's okay, don't surpass 200). They have so many rules and laws for Pregnancy, it can make you afraid to even leave your house. I think common sense is all that's needed and not over-doing anything.

Don't worry, one of my sister's had a craving for Ketchup (she could pour it and be licking it off her plate with nothing else). Her boy turned out very okay.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:37am On Jan 31, 2015
mytestimony:

For me I still wont be comfortable to share my email on the wall cos my name is in my email
I can give it out privately tho.
Some of us poured out all our problems on this forum. Problems we could not share with even family members. Since this is a faceless forum it would surprise u some of us know each oda
Before you know it now story go de fly. I cant shout. I love the peace I have now.
Those that migrated from ttc/ivf thread might understand me better. If u understand me lift your hands in d air yeahhh. ..
U re right sis n I understand perfectly.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:40am On Jan 31, 2015
Keji3:
I support my testimony, I personally can't share phone number, email or location. There's a reason why we are came to nairaland in the first. Place for privacy and i'll like to keep it dat way. I asked abt when we gender can be checked, nobody answered me since yesterday dats what happens when we let some matters override the main reason for the group....lolz. Even sending pm is @ ur own risk too many scammers out there though was a silent member of ttc group, I saw how it affected some members there. Pls let's all be careful. We shall all carry to full term in Jesus name amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:46am On Jan 31, 2015
Keji3:
I support my testimony, I personally can't share phone number, email or location. There's a reason why we are came to nairaland in the first. Place for privacy and i'll like to keep it dat way. I asked abt when we gender can be checked, nobody answered me since yesterday dats what happens when we let some matters override the main reason for the group....lolz. Even sending pm is @ ur own risk too many scammers out there though was a silent member of ttc group, I saw how it affected some members there. Pls let's all be careful. We shall all carry to full term in Jesus name amen.
No other matter is overriding d main matter,d suggestion was 2 get us all closer not 2 defiate 4rm d original purpose...I too sometimes ask questions n dnt get answers instantly.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2015
omankem:
My sis it is well with u IJN...God knows d best n He will do d best 4u. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
@Keji3 I believe it's from 20 weeks they can see gender. However, don't rely on it too much, it's mostly accurate but some times errors can be made by the person reading your scan. My cousin was told she was having a boy and off she went buying blue everything. When a girl came out, she nearly vexed for her doctor. So buy gender-neutral colours for now and let people gift you all the pink and blue stuff.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Onegai:
@Keji3 I believe it's from 20 weeks they can see gender. However, don't rely on it too much, it's mostly accurate but some times errors can be made by the person reading your scan. My cousin was told she was having a boy and off she went buying blue everything. When a girl came out, she nearly vexed for her doctor. So buy gender-neutral colours for now and let people gift you all the pink and blue stuff.

Thanks mama, i'm sure i'll be over vexed if I was ur cousin lolz
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
See eh! Make una die dis mata. If you think you have anything you need to dicuss with someone on the thread send a pm to the person. Simple! Its a faceless forunm especially on this thread and I'm sure a lot of people will like to leave it that way. Let's not overflog this issue. I've had people from this thread contact me severally, I still mantain contacts with some of them.
Keji3:
I feel you about the no reply. It happened a lot last year, it was discouraging. The bond that was exsiting almost got broken. It took time before things picked up!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Ketu is nt far frm gbagada.

Thank you, I wil find out where dat place is.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
MiracleMum:
@Kaffy4bill is there a particular reason why someone needs to be with me at the hospital? My doctor scheduled a C-section for me on the 17th or 24th of February and my elder sister who is supposed to come stay with me (because my mum recently passed on) is a first lady in one of the states and so promised to come after the elections, and that should be when am back home with LO. So I just need to know if there's a particular reason why someone must be with me and is it something my DH cant do because he's willing to be there with me.

So sori am just replying, network issue ni o. If ur hubby tinks he's up to it no wahala and also depend on hosp. Sum hosp wil take care of u and lo post delivery and relatives don't hv to do unnecessary running Ard but if u r to use a Govt hosp, one person can't go thru d stress of being wit u nd attending to the need of the baby while u rest post delivery then do the hosp runnings. Hope u find dis helpful

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
Keji3:

Thanks mama, i'm sure i'll be over vexed if I was ur cousin lolz

Sori 4 d late response,baby's sex is differentiated frm 13weeks but most pple don't pick it early nd sum even make mistakes no mata wen its checked. My best advice is to get unisex stuffs nd enjoy the suspense of not knowing d sex.. one love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
omankem:

He is indeed the unquestionable. He wil give u double for ur trouble dearest. Pls trust more in Him and b strong. Expecting u back soonest.. one love

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
Well,I think we should just 4get abt d contacts issue n let everything be strickly here on NL... Love y'all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
@ vivigurl and mummy2be, where in warri are you located and also where can I get fine, unique and affordable baby tins ova here cos I was based in Lagos before so I really don't know much places.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
FexCathy:
@ vivigurl and mummy2be, where in warri are you located and also where can I get fine, unique and affordable baby tins ova here cos I was based in Lagos before so I really don't know much places.
got mine At the main market I never buy finish sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by desiree(f): 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
Onegai:

I had the same issue, in my first trimester. I woke up and was eating gizzard like I was training to turn in
to a chicken smiley

I've heard about not eating liver and not eating too much fish (fish is due to high mercury content. I don't know if it refers to fresh or frozen though. Also watch Caffiene intake (black tea, Lipton and co, have about 45mg of Caffeine but that's okay, don't surpass 200). They have so many rules and laws for Pregnancy, it can make you afraid to even leave your house. I think common sense is all that's needed and not over-doing anything.

Don't worry, one of my sister's had a craving for Ketchup (she could pour it and be licking it off her plate with nothing else). Her boy turned out very okay.

I agree with not eating too much liver because I have first experience of the negative effect. When I had my DS I shared a room with a lady that ate tonnes of liver from her 1st trimesters, even after giving birth her sister in law brought a huge bowl of chopped liver soup for her to eat. I notice her daughter never opens her eyes even when she is crying. I walked by her bed on the way to the toilet and ask if her daughter was sleeping, she said no, she just likes to keep her eyes shut.
When the nurses came to carry out the APGAR test the next day, her daughter failed the sight test. They couldn't confirm her blind immediate until subsequent testing had been done. Too much vitamin A from animal source (retinol) during pregnancy causes blindness in babies. The vit A found in plants(beta carotene) is considered safe during pregnancy.

In other words,eat liver in moderation and avoid cod liver oil supplement during pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babymama01: 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
omankem:
so sorry dear may it b a blessing in disguise #hugs

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
una well done o

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
@Omankem,
I like your spirit,its hard to be strong when stuff like this occur. God will put songs of praise on your lips in record time.. You go soon return to this thread.

@Onegai,
The reverse was my case,I got a boy as against d scan's girl, I nor get energy to vex, my boy wore a girl christening gown and pink body suits till he was about 4-6weeks & we got him boy clothes.
My daughter refused to uncross her legs each time we go for scan and was the proud owner of about 5-6 body suits only for the 1st week of her life.
With this one,aint gonna bother..

@testimony,
You are totally on point,cos we divulge a lot of very intimate stuff about ourselves and partners(who might not like it sef) here cos of the perceived "anonymity/facelessness"... Can you do what I do and create a mail Id that doesn't have anything to do with your real identity..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by corrall(f): 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
desiree:

I agree with not eating too much liver because I have first experience of the negative effect. When I had my DS I shared a room with a lady that ate tonnes of liver from her 1st trimesters, even after giving birth her sister in law brought a huge bowl of chopped liver soup for her to eat. I notice her daughter never opens her eyes even when she is crying. I walked by her bed on the way to the toilet and ask if her daughter was sleeping, she said no, she just likes to keep her eyes shut.
When the nurses came to carry out the APGAR test the next day, her daughter failed the sight test. They couldn't confirm her blind immediate until subsequent testing had been done. Too much vitamin A from animal source (retinol) during pregnancy causes blindness in babies. The vit A found in plants(beta carotene) is considered safe during pregnancy.
In other words,eat liver in moderation and avoid cod liver oil supplement during pregnancy.

Wow...thanks for sharing, very insightful indeed.

It is well with us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by corrall(f): 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
Keji3:

I understand u jare, that was how kpekus topic overrided an important question the other time. Some of us relish the anonymity we get here, so please let's just allow it be.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by corrall(f): 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
Now me I get question...I was trying to shave today n had a look at the vijay area, the vulva dem were looking funny n swollen? Maybe it's just me, but is that normal? I am 20 weeks gone...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
cococandy:
una well done o
well done ma'am. e don enter? grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
tchiwinnie:
well done ma'am. e don enter? grin
lmao. Not at all.

Just came to give you guys moral support

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (6957) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.