Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125735 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
Here comes the era of thick bournvita and milk!!! That is my latest cravings oooo with cold water and crushed ice... I pity myself o for the fear of big baby!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by okoval2(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
Deezou:
Okoval2 and gocare,welcome 2 team sept,may we all carry 2 term without any hindereces.
Amen ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
ifefunmi:
Here comes the era of thick bournvita and milk!!! That is my latest cravings oooo with cold water and crushed ice... I pity myself o for the fear of big baby!
My sis carry go jare nothin do u..Thick milo has been my cravings since early on my preg n I'm still taking it o,I was told here 2 stop once I'm 32wks so i still ve 15wks 2go...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
proudmom38:

My sis carry go jare nothin do u..Thick milo has been my cravings since early on my preg n I'm still taking it o,I was told here 2 stop once I'm 32wks so i still ve 15wks 2go...
Yaaaayyyy ope ooo!!!! I have an accomplice so I guess am not the only one in this! Drink up babyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
ifefunmi:

Yaaaayyyy ope ooo!!!! I have an accomplice so I guess am not the only one in this! Drink up babyyyyyy
Yes o...Ride on!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by desiree(f): 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
MiracleMum:

Same question I asked my colleagues at work and they laughed and told me to go back home remove the clothes from the pack and put in my nose, that the result will tell me if I should wash or not. This I did and noticed they all didn't have baby friendly fragrance. they smelt harsh, from dust to storage smell. I quickly bought persil and comfort - used a washing machine to spin them once, when dried I sat down and ironed everything. Now the box and room where the clothes are really smells fresh.

Correct....Most pregnancy website advise that you wash everything that is going to touch your baby's skin because babies have sensitive skin and react to the chemicals used in packing and protecting clothes. My 3 year old son still gets skin irritation from unwashed new clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by desiree(f): 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
Niyyah:

Ameen,welcum sis
@mamas please help o,I don't know if I shud register for antenatal asap or I shud just wait till 12weeks,ds s my third preg(had 2MCs alredi) although v started taking d fersolate and folic acid...n please ani1 dat has had a mc shudd please advise a sis,cus m rili scared and worried and I hope it won't affect d baby,I check my pants all d tym for anii sort of discharge, I panick anitym I v cramps or flutters,I check my boobs all d tym to c if dey still hurt...do help please before I go crazy

I think you should go for antenatal right away and let them know about your previous miscarriages. If you can get them to check progesterone and hcg levels. I had 2 miscarriages before getting pregnant...they found out I had low progesterone at 6 weeks and was prescribed d pills. I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 6:25am On Feb 05, 2015
desiree:

I think you should go for antenatal right away and let them know about your previous miscarriages. If you can get them to check progesterone and hcg levels. I had 2 miscarriages before getting pregnant...they found out I had low progesterone at 6 weeks and was prescribed d pills. I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant.

Oh tanks a lot sis,I'll do just dah cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oluqueen: 7:55am On Feb 05, 2015
sayoberry:
Hi mamas. I've not been able to catch up and I find it hard to read back as well.
Beedam congrats dear.
To all pushing mamas may you also share Ur testimony as well as those TTC.

Meanwhile to the fellow twins carrying mamas... How Ur back? How Ur belle? I get funny stares everywhere I go and I always have to answer questions on why my stomach is so big-long..
I'm finding it difficult to move around now as well. I hope I don't get tempted to twerk babies out.

Others pls share Ur experience

Sayoberry, I don't find the stares funny again, they stare constantly at my belle and it's just so annoying join to the fact say my whole body dey pepper me.
Moving around is by God's grace o, but I have found out that exercising (walking) relieves/stops the pain, but it takes a lot of effort.

How far have u gone? I'm 35 weeks and 4 days. I don't plan to exceed 37 weeks o. I think I will opt for induction if they don't come out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2015
Hello Mamas! Hailings to every1 in d house. Am currently 32 weeks and 3 days. Av been taking pregnacare original since and calcium but wen for antenatal yesterday and d doctor added folic acid, multivitamin and iron tablets, that i shud take it in addition to the pregnacare. My question is am i really supposed to take the two together? I tot pregnacare was already combined. Hope taking the two together isnt an overdose?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 9:21am On Feb 05, 2015
cococandy:
grin
yea, we will be waiting to hear the good news.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 9:24am On Feb 05, 2015
christabeli:
Amen and Amen
Naso!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gocare: 9:29am On Feb 05, 2015
@ all mamas dat responded thank you so so much , @modath lol
"Govt hospitals don't deal with epidural,they even take their sweet time to reccommend CS when labour isn't progressing." i don't know why they love Cs, they like to cut cut.
the scar from the cs is itching now , don't know why.
I came across a thread here on nairaland that really spoke on epidural and am seeing some hospitals there , but the prices are not easy at all, but its not as expensive as Cs.
okoval2:
Amen ooo
okoval2:
Amen ooo
okoval2:
Amen ooo
amen oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2015
FexCathy:
Hello Mamas! Hailings to every1 in d house. Am currently 32 weeks and 3 days. Av been taking pregnacare original since and calcium but wen for antenatal yesterday and d doctor added folic acid, multivitamin and iron tablets, that i shud take it in addition to the pregnacare. My question is am i really supposed to take the two together? I tot pregnacare was already combined. Hope taking the two together isnt an overdose?
i think u shld stop d pregnacare and tk d drugs singly. it seems ur dr isnt really okk wt it. if u check d pack, u ll c dat pregnacare contains d correct amt of folic acid. i tuk just pregnacare plus calcium
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 11:04am On Feb 05, 2015
proudmom38:

Thanks sis,how is ds doing?

very well, thks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 11:35am On Feb 05, 2015
Morning mamas,So I saw my dr today and he said I shud cum bk in 2weeks tym for USS since I v no LMP,n I'll also start the progesterone injection weekly...d prob now is dah he said I shud stop taking the fersolate and folic acid that its too early and it may or may not hurt the baby,so m rily confused now,maybe I shud chng the hospital and continue with the drugs or I shudd just stop taking dem if it's indeed not safe sad cus I dnt kno wah to bliv animor
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 11:49am On Feb 05, 2015
mytestimony:
I need answers o biko nu. U know as a ftm I go de hear different different things.
Is it true that I must wash all the baby things I bought. That is the wears
Body suits
Sleep suits
Socks
Sweater
Caps
Everything? Abi am I just washing some and leaving some? They say whether sealed or not I should wash them all.
I need responses biko nu
I washed mine- everything, including blankets. on some of d packs, its even written dt d clothes should b washed. I think its because of d lint- it could itch babys delicate skin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote
author=MiracleMum post=30388227]

Same question I asked my colleagues at work and they laughed and told me
to go back home remove the clothes from the pack and put in my nose,
that the result will tell me if I should wash or not. This I did and
noticed they all didn't have baby friendly fragrance. they smelt harsh,
from dust to storage smell. I quickly bought persil and comfort - used a
washing machine to spin them once, when dried I sat down and ironed
everything. Now the box and room where the clothes are really smells
fresh.[/quote]

thank God av seen someone else who washed cheesy my mom, sisters were like its nt necessary bt I couldn't help it..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
hello moms n dads in d house. been sooooo busy lately.
welcome to all newbies, big congrats to otonzy, beedam & other new vigilante moms.. kisses to ur LOs.
lioha, how are u doin now?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rechybabe(f): 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
[quote
author=Niyyah post=30447441]Morning mamas,So I saw my dr today and he
said I shud cum bk in 2weeks tym for USS since I v no LMP,n I'll also
start the progesterone injection weekly...d prob now is dah he said I
shud stop taking the fersolate and folic acid that its too early and it
may or may not hurt the baby,so m rily confused now,maybe I shud chng
the hospital and continue with the drugs or I shudd just stop taking dem
if it's indeed not safe sad cus I dnt kno wah to bliv animor [/quote]

dear stop d fesolate but continue d folic acid nd vitamin c how gone r u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
rechybabe:

dear stop d fesolate but continue d folic acid nd vitamin c how gone r u

5weeks I guess,AF dint cum afta d 2nd miscarriage(7weeks ago)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
Niyyah:
Morning mamas,So I saw my dr today and he said I shud cum bk in 2weeks tym for USS since I v no LMP,n I'll also start the progesterone injection weekly...d prob now is dah he said I shud stop taking the fersolate and folic acid that its too early and it may or may not hurt the baby,so m rily confused now,maybe I shud chng the hospital and continue with the drugs or I shudd just stop taking dem if it's indeed not safe sad cus I dnt kno wah to bliv animor
folic acid and fesolate nt safe in early pregnancy? shocked. I hv nt heard dat before. Biko go to anoda hsptl. U cld go to a govt hsptl sef. d strike is off

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 12:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
tchiwinnie:
folic acid and fesolate nt safe in early pregnancy? shocked. I hv nt heard dat before. Biko go to anoda hsptl. U cld go to a govt hsptl sef. d strike is off

Imagine oooangry,maybe that's wah I ll do,cus I don't nid confusion in my lyf ryt nau,I even asked him twice,he still said the same thing,I tire!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Niyyah:

Folic acid is recommended for women of reproductive age dat r nt even preg to prepare u for pregnancy and prevent fetal anomalies. Surprised he asked u to stop d folic acid. Pls continue ur folic acid
Please all FTM and mothers wit either history of miscarriages,previous stilbirth,hbp in preg,ttc b4 success and any oda issue shld please endeavour to register in a govt hospital for adequate care and if u r using a private hosp, ensure they hv a consultant gynaecologist and not just regular general practitioner. U deserve the best ooo and the end result is our LOS in our hands wit us both in gud health.. one love alwaz

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
@Niyyah,
RUN!!! If there is a time that folic acid & fersolate is needed, it is in this critical EARLY developmental stage, folic acid prevents neurological defects while folic acid increases iron in the blood...Try and see a very experienced Obgyn cos of past experience, this time,it will end in great joy.

@Sayoberry,
How are you & dembabies?, nice that you are back, didn't like you being MIA after our small hormonal brouhaha. All will be well,you are where you will get excellent caree.

@Fexcatthy,
The possibility of multivitamin overdose isn't very high, you just end up with costly urine.
Pregnacare isn't superior to generic brands, its just effective markettiing.

@Mytestimony,
Tremors all cleared up??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
100% correct. Niyyah pls go to a govt hospital or a very very good gyn with good reputation. Every pregnant woman MUST take folic acid.
kaffy4bill:

Folic acid is recommended for women of reproductive age dat r nt even preg to prepare u for pregnancy and prevent fetal anomalies. Surprised he asked u to stop d folic acid. Pls continue ur folic acid
Please all FTM and mothers wit either history of miscarriages,previous stilbirth,hbp in preg,ttc b4 success and any oda issue shld please endeavour to register in a govt hospital for adequate care and if u r using a private hosp, ensure they hv a consultant gynaecologist and not just regular general practitioner. U deserve the best ooo and the end result is our LOS in our hands wit us both in gud health.. one love alwaz

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Aiit,thanks mama kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
kaffy4bill:

@kaffy n other mamas I'm using a private hospital but d owner of d hospital is a gyn n works in a general hospital n he ve a gud consultant n gyn too...Hope is ok 4me 2 stick 2 d private or I shuld register in a Gh?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
modath:
@Niyyah,
RUN!!! If there is a time that folic acid & fersolate is needed, it is in this critical EARLY developmental stage, folic acid prevents neurological defects while folic acid increases iron in the blood...Try and see a very experienced Obgyn cos of past experience, this time,it will end in great joy.]
Ameen o,I'll do just dah,thanks mama kiss

@Sayoberry,
How are you & dembabies?, nice that you are back, didn't like you being MIA after our small hormonal brouhaha. All will be well,you are where you will get excellent caree.

@Fexcatthy,
The possibility of multivitamin overdose isn't very high, you just end up with costly urine.
Pregnacare isn't superior to generic brands, its just effective markettiing.

@Mytestimony,
Tremors all cleared up??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
lovinam:
100% correct. Niyyah pls go to a govt hospital or a very very good gyn with good reputation. Every pregnant woman MUST take folic acid.

Abi o,thanks siskiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
I rili appreciate all d responses here,I feel so at home cheesy
Thank u so much @all,may Almighty Allah answer all your secret prayers...nagode sussai wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
tchiwinnie:
i think u shld stop d pregnacare and tk d drugs singly. it seems ur dr isnt really okk wt it. if u check d pack, u ll c dat pregnacare contains d correct amt of folic acid. i tuk just pregnacare plus calcium
I'm also taking pregnacare original plus calcium,whenever I go 4 antenatal my dr will give me folic acid n some red tablet (i dnt knw d name o lol) but I haven't told him dat I'm taking pregnacare o,what I use 2 do is whenever I ran out of pregnacare I will be taking d folic acid n d other tab till I got my pregnacare n then switched 2 it...Hope I'm not over doing d drugs o? Sorry 4d long post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.