Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145949 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 10:13am On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 10:14am On Feb 14, 2015
@keji3,
It means Oral Rehydration Salt, its used when there is a loss of hydration through excessive stooling/vomitting.
You can liken it to drip but instead of taking it in the vein,its taken as a drink.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 10:27am On Feb 14, 2015
@customised87, Congratulations once again! Lovely Birth story you have there.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2015
Congrats customised87,wonderful birth story. You made it sound totally painfree.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 11:04am On Feb 14, 2015
Congrats customised87,he shall b a source of blessing 2 u and ur family.
Keji3,modath has said it all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2015
Pls any news from hajarabadmus?She has been off since d start of contractions.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eumaca: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2015
Thanks my caring mamas, will keep you updated.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 11:36am On Feb 14, 2015
Thanks Modath and Deezou. Can I get it in the pharmacies without doctor's prescription?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Keji3:
Thanks Modath and Deezou. Can I get it in the pharmacies without doctor's prescription?
Sis re u stooling n why do u need it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 1:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
proudmom38:

Sis re u stooling n why do u need it?

I was last week o and was on a trip so far 4rm home and my doctor so I jst want to know incase of another time. Thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
modath:

Babe, don't be scared,the pain is just much on the first day but if they nack you better pain meds it will be manageable,by the second day it will become a dull ache... Did you opt for an elective cos of ttc?
Yes. Thanks alot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 1:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
Congratulations customized87. God's blessings on you and yours!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pelupelu: 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
customised87:

Hey everyone, i had my baby on the 10th of Feb,he's the cutest ever and i cant take my eyes off him. God is so good to me so pls join me in praising him!

Yh,been busy trying to adapt to the new found job. Birth story here.
I am a ftm n gave birth on Tue at 38weeks 3days. At my 36weeks Dr's appointment,my Dr did an internal exam for me and said i was 2cm dilated and 60-70% effaced, he was also able to feel my baby's head and told me my baby had lots of hair on his head,lol(that got me blushing) I was happy about this cos my last scan at 32 weeks says my baby was breech n i came here to ask questions about that then. I had diarrhoea all through Sunday and on Monday i felt better, i normally go for a walk everyday and on Monday i walked to and fro a grocery store at about 2pm. I ate and was just watching a prog on TV when i felt little water trickle out of me. I went to the toilet to chk n saw that my underwear was a little wet,i cleaned up n went back to the watching TV. This trickling continued but it was always like a teaspoon at a time so i didnt think of it as my water breaking. I had dinner and about 8pm,i had a pop sound n felt lots of water come down so i ran to the rest room, i knew at that point that my water had broken, i checked the colour and it had some green colour,i became scared immediately cos of the many stuffs i have heard about baby pooping inside mother n all. At that time i wasnt having any form of contractions so i was torn between waiting till contractions start so i wont be sent back home or to go to the hosp cos of the green colour. My hospital was like an hour drive from the house so u can imagine my dilemma. I rang the hospital to tell them i think my water just broke n they insisted i should come in immediately. I went to take a shower and then the contractions started,i packed my hospital bag and got to the hospital at 10:30pm,by the time i got to the hospital,the contractions ve become much. I went to the emergency section and was made to reg and sign some forms,this went on till like 11pm when i was admitted,right dre at the registration area, i requested for a sick bowl and threw up twice. A nurse checked and said i was 4cm dilated but she didnt feel baby's head,that what she touched feels like his tongue or something, she called on another nurse to verify and she said i was already 6cm dilated and that what she touched was definitely the baby's bottom,that was about 11:30pm,they immediately called my Dr and he said i needed to ve a CS for the good of baby and I. I reminded him that he told me that he touched my baby's head at my last appointment and he just smiled and said that my baby just decided to go back breech and we cant question God.I asked him if we can give baby some time and see if he ll turn head down before i reached 10cm but he said he cant take any chances with the rate at which i was progressing. The whole process was explained to me and i was made to sign more papers then immediately wheeled to the theatre. The surgery lasted for like 15-20mins with me being awake all through but didnt feel anything. My baby was brought out at 12:20am,Tue 10th Feb,2015. I am most grateful to God as i port into this next phase. Na real vigilante o, baby is awake all through the night and he has only two duties, that is, sleeping and eating. May God make it easy for everyone of us o.
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
Keji3:

I was last week o and was on a trip so far 4rm home and my doctor so I jst want to know incase of another time. Thanks dear
Ok pele
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
ahmanim:

thkz dear. did urinalysis last Week n was told all is fine. i will resound it to my dr again
Same thing happened to me, did urinalysis nothing.But I was advised to reduce salt intake and drink plenty of water.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lana75(f): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Yep! That's ur LO, it happened to me 9-10wks too, u may not experience it again till when u are probably 16wks, congrats!
JUMAYIN:
hello mummies...how are u all doing...plx ooo av started feeling bubbles in my uterus...felt it once, yesternight precisely @week 9-10 is this normal? and has anyone experienced tbis before?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
mytestimony:

Yes. Thanks alot

Awwwhhh. I totally approve of your decision(not that you asked or need it) wink... No matter what any one tells me to the contrary, when anyone ttc,I hold fast to the opinon that zero risk should be taken.
What is precious needs to be taken care of.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2015
modath:

Awwwhhh. I totally approve of your decision(not that you asked or need it) wink... No matter what any one tells me to the contrary, when anyone ttc,I hold fast to the opinon that zero risk should be taken.
What is precious needs to be taken care of.

Life presents us with yafu yafu tins jare. Na me know wetin I see ttc.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by customised87: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2015
mytestimony:

May God give you the strength to take care of ur little one.
Please in all sincerity talk about the healing process of the CS. My day is approaching very fast and now I am becoming scared.

I had baby on Tues at 12:20am and got discharged on Wed at 7pm. I got up to shower with the help of the nurses at about 2pm on Tue and got to walk along the hospital corridor that same day. It ll hurt n sting but once u get going with it,u ll heal fast. The staples used in stitching were removed just before i got discharged and the pain reduced. Its the 3rd day after,and it gets better everyday. Don't be scared!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
modath:
@mytesti,
No vex,I missed your earlier post,as I always claim belle get many relatives wey dey visit unannounced and they are mostly unwelcomed and intrusive.
Pregnancy at the later stages causes a slight variation in weight and its distribution, the body also releases hormones to relax the joints in readiness.. Take gentle walks and be calm, all go soon

Just saw this. Thanks alot.my wrists nd fingers stil surt but I am managing
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
Dear brothers and sisters, join me in blessing the lord. I had my baby on the 11t h of this month. A bouncing baby girl. Birth story later when I charge my phone.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2015
Am d 1st 2 congratulate u,congrats!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
Congratulations @ Amjane, May God bless the lil princess and may she be a source of continous joy to ur household.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
My sisters, please I have been having this sharp pain in my ankle. Started last nite like a one off thing, but occurence has been on the increase since afternoon like every hour. I don't know if anyone else is feeling it or what is the cause & remedy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
AmJane:
Dear brothers and sisters, join me in blessing the lord. I had my baby on the 11t h of this month. A bouncing baby girl. Birth story later when I charge my phone.
Congrats, may she be a source of joy n pride
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
AmJane:
Congrats mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2015
Congrats to those who had their babies... And to us still waiting, may we have a good testimony to share. Baby A is breech and practically jumps on my bladder, so I'm seriously not in the mood for anything. I'm just waiting impatiently for next week. I'm going to set up an appointment for delivery myself. I'm tired!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
sayoberry:
Congrats to those who had their babies... And to us still waiting, may we have a good testimony to share. Baby A is breech and practically jumps on my bladder, so I'm seriously not in the mood for anything. I'm just waiting impatiently for next week. I'm going to set up an appointment for delivery myself. I'm tired!
Don't be tired mama,u re almost there! God will see u through.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
AmJane:
Congratulations dear!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
sayoberry:
God will see you through ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niyyah(f): 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
AmJane:
Congrats ma'am,may God bless ha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oluqueen: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2015
sayoberry:

You are not alone My dear, I saw my doctor today too and I just resolved for CS. I am just so tired, they are both close to 3kg, I understand it's not easy at all but God will us through. I guess we will both be having our babies same time. Be strong my dear.

Congrats at Amjane.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.