Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8127651 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) (3916) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2017
Oliran:
Good evening mamas in the house, I've been an onlooker for a while on this thread despite not pregnant, I stumbled on diary section of Nairaland recently and I got glued to diaries related to pregnancy, I've read quite a number of diaries and I must say they are awesome, , I never knew I will be joining this thread soon.
I'm 5weeks gone, I guess I'm one of team August and it's my first time.

Welcome dear, happy bumping. Team August

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gabby18: 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
Can't wait to resume sleeping on my tummy and back lipsrsealed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
Jina24:

Wowwww congratulations my dear and welcome on board. May the remaining weeks and delivery be smooth and easy for you. kiss kiss
Amen! Thank you ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
talltosyne:

Welcome dear, happy bumping. Team August
Thank you ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2017
Oliran:
Good evening mamas in the house, I've been an onlooker for a while on this thread despite not pregnant, I stumbled on diary section of Nairaland recently and I got glued to diaries related to pregnancy, I've read quite a number of diaries and I must say they are awesome, Forzarush, booqee, Benignasweety, Zaynie, giddyperson, Beyedew, Iomoge and Jina24, I never knew I will be joining this thread soon.

Congratulations and welcome!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2017
ffvsquared:
Sweethearts, sorry my questions too plenty. I'm a FTM. Pls I bled a little today and it was brown blood mixed with light red blood and lasted for like 2 minutes. I'm 8weeks plus gone. Pls is this a miscarriage? and if not, is there any hope for my baby?

Was it heavy with clots and cramping? Did you overworked yourself? Have you seen a doctor? It could be implantation bleeding cos it commonly happen at 8weeks, just give yourself bedrest, take a lot of water and see your doc tomorrow. You can also request for a scan.

HTH

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
proudmom38:

Congratulations and welcome!
Thank you ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2017
beautifulrosa:
Hello mamas, sorry to take ur time on this. Its not even a birth story.
I'd like for us to discuss a very sensitive topic. I know most women/mothers shy away from thi

Chai those changes that occurs in a woman's body after delivery is constant whether is vd or cs. Thank God for padded bras that is helping the ministry of fallen Olympus grin.

Some people testify of their tommy going back to pre pregnancy state but even at that, a tommy that has carried a baby will definitely not be as firm as it was before.

Unlike before pregnancy when you could hold your tommy in and still look very smart in that very tight dress I doubt it will be the same post delivery.

For cs, that thing is a life saver. In my case, while I was still contracting in the labour room with no way forward, my mum was already crying her eyes outside that if I can't do it myself they should help me. When the doctor finally decided that I go in for cs it was an answered prayer for my mum. Truth is I don't regret going that route and I might go for it again cos I think am more scared of the cut/stitching I might get down below than incision because, in the latter case I won't feel the immediate pain.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
ffvsquared:
Sweethearts, sorry my questions too plenty. I'm a FTM. Pls I bled a little today and it was brown blood mixed with light red blood and lasted for like 2 minutes. I'm 8weeks plus gone. Pls is this a miscarriage? and if not, is there any hope for my baby?
Not at all ma. It is implantation bleeding. Baby is very very fine. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2017
Naomi14:
You sure say no bi spotting? Go and do pregnancy test grin just kidding
I guess it's your body still adjusting after childbirth.
kuku keel me grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
[quote author=ahnie post=63042911]kuku keel me grin[/quot

My Instinct tells me it a BFP!�
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2017
Thanks to all the mamas that responded to my post. Truthfully, i wasnt expecting that mamas will offer to share even thier own personal experiences.
Thanks for allaying my fears.

I want to type out all d names of the mamas that contributed but i also have to post this very quickly so that wont be possible.

God bless us all and our respective families.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2017
[quote author=ahnie post=63042911]kuku keel me grin[/quot

My Instinct tells me it a BFP! tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
[quote author=beautifulrosa post=63031461]Hello mamas, sorry to take ur time on this. Its not even a birth story.
I'd like for us to discuss a very sensitive topic. I know most women/mothers shy away from this topic so i really would not mind if i dont get enough feedback. However i ll appreciate if i can get a few responses.

ehmmmm I had A CS cause labour didn't progress.it was a life saver because I would be so sad if anything happens to this baby I trusted God for.about getting your body back,I would say try and exercise.as a first time mum, I used to be an athlete and used to go to the gym before I got married flat tummy and athletic hubby used to like my flat tummy eh.when I got pregnant,I stopped exercising I was just eating and eating.I had a 3.8kg baby and a big tummy after cs not even flabby tummy. because ii dint exercise.exercise helps your body in great ways.I am paying the price now painfully with 2hours of exercise everyday with plenty cardio.see me crying and sweating after the exercise.not because of the pain from the cs as it has healed and I don't feel any pain.but I have to work extra had to get my body back. so try and exercise you might not have the great body but you will still look great.I think cs is great sha.its not as bad as people say it is..just keep an open. mind.lemme come and go.I shud open a diary so I can write all these my storie. ngwa bye

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyTari(f): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2017
FloraEC:

Hospitals hardly give drugs with the pack these days to avoid self-medication. What I normally do is I ask them what's this drug for before I take it or you can check the tablet to see if the name is there cos they abbreviate it or sometimes they just write company's name or mg.

The injection they gave you was TT injection, sorry for the pain

No name, just plain all round, menh! The injection sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyTari(f): 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
thotianna:

First of all I think it's safer to ask the name at the hospital to be sure of what you are swallowing. Secondly, I think those tablets look like my calcium pills.
I could be wrong though but they look alike.

I asked but they said its routine drug.
Yours has a line at the middle but mine is just plain
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
LadyTari:

No name, just plain all round, menh! The injection sha

Please next time ask questions when they give you drugs. If they refuse to tell you, ask your doctor and insist to know.

I'm still vexing for my hospital self, why will they gimme TT injection when I never register for antenatal. I've used ice block, applied diclofenac gel but is as if someone broke my bone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
lioha:

Wow at shopping completed shocked shocked that's good

NO 4
Thanks momma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iaatmgirl: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
LadyMessi:

Thanks a bunch ma'am. Sorry to ask, the last menstrual period they are referring to, is it the day you started seeing it or the particular day you saw it last? Like if ones periods runs for four days, Eg: 1-4 which of the days are you going to enter as the last menstrual period? Is it 1st or 4th?
Thanks in advance.

1sr
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2017
Oliran:
Good evening mamas
congrats to u ma, u are highly welcome, may ur stay be fruitful, happy bumping
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
gabby18:
Can't wait to resume sleeping on my tummy and back lipsrsealed

I made mouth more than this but even till now my breast won't allow me do that.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
lioha:

Am just confused on what to buy. My first was is a boy and am expecting a girl now. I think I will just buy some female clothes.

NO 3
I prefer this undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatwiny(f): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hi babes, I am back to take my seat.
Team august

I pray I carry to term this time.

46 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
FloraEC:
#Rant

That's how I couldn't sleep on Monday night, was having serious tummy pains that sleeping on my left was war. Hubby had to rush me to hospital the next day cos I was moaning crying. They did scan that I didn't plan to do yet, told me everything is fine and my baby's heartbeat was normal. That's singleton(and my tummy is already this big as if I'm 4mths gone). They didn't see any other thing cos I did abdominopelvic scan. They sent me to do malaria and infection test, hubby left. That's how I was jejely waiting for the result when the woman that sells moi moi came, I bought #300 own(3plates),poured it inside the jollof rice with turkey I came with and wolfly downloaded everything and used coke to settle it down.
No!! I wasn't feeling nauseous or anything close to it oo, I was just feeling myself and enjoying hospital ac. That's how this cleaner from no where decided to come and do her duty with water blessed with Izal and the smell was terrible. I tried controlling myself cos the food never do the work finish but NO my Henemies refused to lemme be, they gathered together against me, gnashing their teeth at me. I rushed outside and vomited my #300 moi moi and rice wey never digest smiley E no even stop there make I manage, when I entered inside, my tummy started rumbling, I went to the toilet in the reception(I for kukuma respect myself go up), finally my henemies had the last laugh cos the poop was singing a whole new song to the extent that the lady at the reception desk told me "Mrs F, ijikwana nsị gbaria toilet a oo, jiri nwayọọ". Embarrassment killed me, I feigned sickness that they gave me bed join, hubby even came to take me home and I didn't tell him what happened, and ehn!! they gave me TT injection that I didn't ask them for and my hand still dy pain me reach now.

#RantOver

Lemme kukuma come and open diayari again
I'm laughing in slow motion cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
gwng:
A+ 7'' STUDENT TABLET! PERFECT GIFT! Amazing Content!!! Promo Price Offer (17K)

A+ 7'' E-LEARNING TABLET FOR STUDENTS

PERFECT CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR GIFT!!!

USEFUL FOR LEARNING AT HOME AND IN SCHOOL!!!

ONLY TABLET IN NIGERIA WITH "SUBJECT BY SUBJECT EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS- MATHS/BAS SCI/ENG/GK"!!!

PROMO PRICE THIS DECEMBER ONLY!!!

DESIGNED BY AN EDUCATIONAL COMPANY: Visit www.edtech.com.ng/shop

Fully Loaded Educational Tablets for Students containing Apps, Videos and Books. Highlights of some contents:

PRIMARY AND SECONDARY OPTION AVAILABLE!!!

Educational Videos (over 50 videos) Mathematics (over 30 videos) addition, learn subtraction, fractions, time, mean median mode, long division, multiplication, Counting, areas of circle/triangle/square/rectangle, Profit & Loss, etc. English/vocabulary (over 30 videos): Phonics, Conjunctions, Direct/Indirect Speech, Phrases, Clauses, Sentences etc. Basic science (over 30 videos): Basic needs of living things, photosynthesis, air pressure, body parts, clothes we wear, weather, climate, excretory system, human eye, digestion, Newtons Laws of Motion for Kids, centre of gravity, Chemical/Physical Changes, Microscope, Magnets, Respiratory System. Rhymes & Poems (over 10 videos) : Nursery Rhymes, Driving in my car, The Wheel on a Bus, Two Little Balckbirds etc.

Educational applications/software (over 70) Real animals HD: learn about farm, wild, domestic animal sounds, name, image, young ones. Countries of the world: learn about all countries’ information, maps, facts, people with quiz. Kids maths challenge: practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, division (with multiplayer mode). King of math junior: quiz games on counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, geometry, puzzle, measuring, fractions. Multiplication/multiplication tables: fun learning multiplication games. Slice it: learn geometry of shapes. Monkey Math: matching pictures, counting and other preschool math activities, Spelling bee: learning to spell words. Spelling city: study of words, word formation, spelling, sounds. My piano/my guitar/real drums: learning music. Classword plus: multiplayer scrabble game. Current affairs: world current affairs. Kids number and math: several mathematics game: addition, multiplication (with multiplayer). King of math: quiz game on arithmetic, geometry, fractions, powers, equations… math ref: virtually all relevant mathematics formulas, functions, polar graphs, binomials, exponential & logs, algebra… where's my water: problem solving game that will make pupils’ think better, World History app, Wordsplosion: five-letter word learning games etc.

Educational E-Books (>10): textbooks, story books, rhyme books, encyclopaedia, science books- human body, mammals, reptiles and dinosaurs et.c.

Visit www.edtech.com.ng/shop for more products. Call 07030321399 for details...

PAYMENT BEFORE DELIVERY!!!
DELIVERY WITHIN LAGOS 5-6 working days
DELIVERY OUTSIDE LAGOS 7-10 working days.

Our Office: 3-9 Olu Koleosho Street, Off Medical Road, Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos
Added to my wish list for Christmas smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
zaynie:
@Beautifulrosa.
For me, sexx was mostly always painful cos I was very tight down there. After my first child via CS, it remained tight but I guess after childbirth I lost most of my inhibitions and I was able to relax and enjoy sex. After my second child via VBAC, I was less tight but not loose. At first it was painful cos of the epi but soon I got very comfy. I would say that I like where I am right now. Tight enough to not be painful. wink
But by looking, nothing changes. Except for the breast and the nips that remain tougher (2 babies nibbled on it for approximately 3 years, e reach to strong grin), the belly that got loose and flabby (I'm a lazy person), the stretch marks here and there, the fierceness that comes with motherhood. Nothing really changes.
Although it's quite okay to feel so different and have a feeling you won't ever be the same: you won't. You're somebody's mother now. Your sex life will suffer mainly because you're tired most of the time, you stink from poo and pee, baby loves to act as birth control or you're overwhelmed with the whole thing,postpartum depression and most likely not because you're loose down there. cool.

Nothing to be afraid of.
Kegels is bae. Let it be your bestfriend before and after birth.
*Singing* baby pull over, park! Show me your particulars baby pull over, Reverse! Baby pull over, put on your Inner light baby pull over. tongue cheesy wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
queenhecate:

you just thief this meme from that controversial thread. I don catch you thief theif tongue
sombadi cannor use meme in peace again? tongue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 10:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
mamatwiny:
Hi babes, I am back to take my seat. Team august
You'll carry to term in good health in Jesus name. welcome back

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
[
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
mamatwiny:
Hi babes, I am back to take my seat. Team august
Congratulations dear, you shall surely carry to term. H&H bumping. Hope you did something about the cyst and is not going to disturb you again?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2017
mamatwiny:
Hi babes, I am back to take my seat.
Team august

Amen! You will by His grace. Welcome back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) (3915) (3916) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.