Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8128233 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ffvsquared: 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2017
VivyGift:

It seems we are running at the same pace. I use my calender app and I'm 9 weeks and some days gone.

This is my first post.

Thank you

Pls my darling mamas, at how many weeks will I conveniently hear my baby's heatbeat? Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2017
soniabrenda:
thanks dear.
God will bless you soonest with the one that will stay in double. Congrats in advance. cheers...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VivyGift(f): 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
ffvsquared:

Pls my darling mamas, at how many weeks will I conveniently hear my baby's heatbeat? Thanks

I'm actually a ftm... And I heard it's about 23 weeks, not sure though
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
babythug:
Hello everyone,

Trust we're all doing good?

See me see local crisis on Nairaland today!

https://www.nairaland.com/4214838/fiancee-isnt-wife-material-please

This is some of the sheeeet that we have to put up with as females in this part of the world!
If I see that OP, I will slap his mouth with a baton for wasting my precious data. angry I mean, some men are just impossible! I even thought I would see something like she drinks a lot, or she is a bad cook or a rude woman etc.. Because of 8 hours sleep nitori olohun?! When they have not started making babies..he is complaining in advance.. I'm so angry reading that post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigiyaro(m): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
Present ma! EDD 9/5/2017. pls which one is eba bump again lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2017
booqee:
If I see that OP, I will slap his mouth with a baton for wasting my precious data. angry I mean, some men are just impossible! I even thought I would see something like she drinks a lot, or she is a bad cook or a rude woman etc.. Because of 8 hours sleep nitori olohun?! When they have not started making babies..he is complaining in advance.. I'm so angry reading that post.

If
You are vexing like this then I need people to hold me down! It's the errant nonsense we female folk have to sometimes stomach in relationships and worse still marriage! If this girl leaves him another will end up with him. He's obviously petty and archaic and probably won't clear his dishes after eating. Met a family yesterday wife works in KD, mr is in Abeokuta and with thier four children a toddler included. It seemed practical for the man to keep the children no need sweating over traditional positions as to what the female should do or what the man should do they've just found a middle point and thier marriage is working!

This kind of Yeye OP will be quarreling that his wife doesn't greet him in the morning first and remain on the Lower ring of the economic ladder ( dem nor dey get money) because of thier *issues*

Rubbish and nonsense

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2017
rhukkie:
We are doing great capo, hope everyone is fine as well. Shopping completed, bag packed, counting down already.

shocked shocked wow wow...common socks sef i never buy.. i just hope i wont be too tired by January, cos that is when i plan to go shopping..just because I think things are generally expensive in december tho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2017
Hello mamas, sorry to take ur time on this. Its not even a birth story.
I'd like for us to discuss a very sensitive topic. I know most women/mothers shy away from this topic so i really would not mind if i dont get enough feedback. However i ll appreciate if i can get a few responses.

First, i want to appreciate God almighty for blessing us with d fruit of the womb. Some of us so easily and even those of us who didnt find it easy but got there at last, thanks to God almighty.

On this same thread, mothers have birthed thier babies, some through Vaginal Birth and others through C-Section.
For me and some other soon to be new moms out there, there is this general notion that once a woman has had a baby her body no longer remains d same again. Hmmmm. Let me jus hit d nail on the head. In other words, she becomes really loose down there especially if she has jus had a VD. How true is this assertion? Is there any effective remedy?

Once i jokingly told my mum i was going to have my baby through CS and she quickly rebuked me and rejected it on my behalf'IJN'.
I really dont understand. I have a feeling that having a CS makes birthing easier and nothing tampers with ur body down there.
But i notice a lot of people are strongly against CS like its some form of taboo or sth.

That being said, i dont av any idea on how both childbirth processes work and what effect they have on the body.

As i gradually approach my delivery date, i av to be sincere, i have several fears and worries as a first time mom. Yes, i believe in God. I av prayed and still praying but i am still scared.

I wonder if i can get inputs on this from experienced mothers on the thread. Especially in a way that would not lead to arguments or one person trying to act like they know more than the other.
As we all know, body structure varies thus no one can categorically state that what happened to her must av happened to someone else.

Therefore, i ll really appreciate if we can jus drop our inputs and go. No need to quote anyone and term their submission as right or wrong.

Thanks in advance. God bless us all

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2017
ffvsquared:

From 6weeks, scan can detect it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VivyGift(f): 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
talltosyne:

From 6weeks, scan can detect it.

Oh! Thanks. Did not get her question at first
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 1:25pm On Dec 06, 2017
FloraEC:

My calendar

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2017
@beautifulrosa, like u said, it all depends on individual body, some ladies who has not even given birth are very loose down dia, that is dia own nature. In my own case, had VD with tear and am still very tight such dt hubby struggle to come in.

Don't be scared, u can do it, others have been doing it, God will see u through.

Yes I have to be frank with u, Labour is painful, it's not a child play but am very sure u can endure the pain. So relax ur mind

Wishing you super natural delivery

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
[quote author=FloraEC post=63020827]

My calendar [/quot

If u r a first time mum, check first time pregnancy on playstore, it is really helpful.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
Any TEAM AUGUST 2018 in d house?

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2017
beautifulrosa:
I'd like for us to discuss a very sensitive topic. I know most women/mothers shy away from this topic so i really would not mind if i dont get enough feedback. However i ll appreciate if i can get a few responses.

First, i want to appreciate God almighty for blessing us with d fruit of the womb. Some of us so easily ans even those of us who didnt find it easy but got there at last, thanks to God almighty.

On this same thread, mothers have birthed thier babies, some through Vaginal Birth and others through C-Section.
For me and some other soon to be new moms out there, there is this general notion that once a woman has had a baby her body no longer remains d same again. Hmmmm. Let me jus hit d nail on the head. In other words, she becomes really loose down there especially if she has jus had a VD. How true is this assertion? Is there any effective remedy?

Once i jokingly told my mum i was going to have my baby through CS and she quickly rebuked me and rejected it on my behalf'IJN'.
I really dont understand. I have a feeling that having a CS makes birthing easier and nothing tampers with ur body down there.
But i notice a lot of people are strongly against CS like its some form of taboo or sth.

That being said, i dont av any idea on how both childbirth processes work and what effect they have on the body.

As i gradually approach my delivery date, i av to be sincere, i have several fears and worries as a first time mom. Yes, i believe in God. I av prayed and still praying but i am still scared.

I wonder if i get inputs on this from experienced mothers on the thread. Especially in a way that would not lead to arguments or one person trying to act like they know more than the other.
As we all know, body structure varies thus no one can categorically state that what happened to her must av happened to someone else.

Therefore, i ll really appreciate if we jus drop our inputs and go. No need to quote anyone and term their submission as right or wrong.

Thanks in advance. God bless us all

From my perspective, childbirth should not make one loose down below. With adequate exercise like kegel one will get back in shape within a short period. Secondly, our body down there has been designed and an elastic within a short period it would have gone back to its normal shape. This is my fifth missionary journey spanning over 12 years and all are VD the highest weight being 4.5kg, I still feel pain during mating.
As per CS, I believe the reason many people go for elective CS is because they don't want to bear labour pains. I always prefer maintaining an open mind about CS. Whichever way, having a successful delivery with both mother and child alive and without life threatening complications is the best. ( I have an older friend that did CS some 19 years ago during childbirth and she was in coma for 45 days. When she eventually came around she started bleeding. Up till today she never regained her self. she still spot up till today. she is always on pad) May that never be our portion in Jesus name.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2017
talltosyne:
Cappo spotted

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2017
beautifulrosa:
I am as ignorant as u are. Google has suffered in my hands. I wonder if my belly would go back to shape,i wonder how i would loose the 25kg i gained during this journey ,will all these dark areas on my body will go back to normal? My sister too much question is killing me

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2017
rhukkie:
We are doing great capo, hope everyone is fine as well. Shopping completed, bag packed, counting down already.

Team February where are we?

Wow at shopping completed shocked shocked that's good

NO 4
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2017
@beautifulrosa I completely understand you cos I felt the same way you do now. From people I've spoken to who experienced VD, the hooha is usually tighter sef, especially when it's stitched. Truth is, whether CS or VD, your body changes. Stretch marks, stitched vjay or bikini line, fallen olympus because breastfeeding, the last few kg that refuse to allow you be great, carpal tunnel that doesn't go on time and other fun stories.

My thought process close to delivery was very conflicted, I concluded that although labour hurts, people have gone through it and come out okay, they don't have 2 heads. We'll all be fine. Eventually, I went through induction, then labour and then had a CS - healthy baby, healthy mum. Would I like to try VBAC next? I'm still conflicted, but what I know is, either way I'd like to be healthy with a healthy baby when all is said and done.

Replace your fear with faith, what I did was to write down positive confessions and screenshot them on my phone. Once the fear comes I open my confessions and start reciting until I get distracted, then move on to other things. Select your confessions based on the religion you practice, if you're not religious, affirmative statements work. Just replace your fear with positivity

I didn't mean to type an epistle. Sorry!

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2017
[quote author=rollykotex post=63025035][/quote]

We are in the same bus. I have not bought a pin too.

N0 5

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
mummyjayson:
RANT TIME!!!
mamas una gudmorning ooo,,, abeg this HEAT,, e reach una side? cos d one of last night,, i felt like running away from my body nd from my room,,, which kian wahala be dis,,,, #eyesrolling.... na dat brings me to d second rant,,,,,,, FUEL-as usual in our dear country,, no light so u hv to burn fuel to survive,,, now,,, to get d fuel na wahala for benin,,,,, if u get, its 150...where did we go wrong i. dis country? abi should we all do a peaceful protest with our bumps?..... #Endofrant....

The heat no be here. I don't sleep again ones the gem is off. Imagine protesting with bump grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JGracious: 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2017
beautifulrosa:

First, i want to appreciate God almighty for blessing us with d fruit of the womb. Some of us so easily and even those of us who didnt find it easy but got there at last, thanks to God almighty.

Your body was created by design to function the way it does so there's nothing to fear. You will be amazed at the extent to which it can endure/adapt various changes.
True, the body changes after delivery. Good management and care will help it get restored though it may take a while.
Tell your mind this truth, accept it and love whatever it brings.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
booqee:
Welcome to team february.. I wish you supernatural delivery.

Thanks sis

No 6

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 2:17pm On Dec 06, 2017
ffvsquared:

I heard mine at 7weeks during my first scan and it was very loud cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rolk: 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2017
FloraEC:
Have you done the repeat scan, hope everything is OK?
Woah I really appreciate this. Just saw this message this afternoon and surely U were in the spirit on the 4th. I did a repeat scan on Monday evening and to the glory of God, I saw my baby and her flickering heartbeat. Thank you very much for the support and encouragement. #teamjuly

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rolk: 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2017
ffvsquared:

Anytime from 7weeks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2017
talltosyne:

Former teamie is back. Welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
VivyGift:

It seems we are running at the same pace. I use my calender app and I'm 9 weeks and some days gone.

This is my first post.

Thank you

Welcome to team July dear and also to this forum. We're one family here. Wishing you H&H bumping.

rolk:

Woah I really appreciate this. Just saw this message this afternoon and surely U were in the spirit on the 4th. I did a repeat scan on Monday evening and to the glory of God, I saw my baby and her flickering heartbeat. Thank you very much for the support and encouragement. #teamjuly

Good to know you're good dear. May we all carry to term, deliver healthy babies with us alive and 30billion in awa akant.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VivyGift(f): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2017
FloraEC:

Welcome to team July dear and also to this forum. We're one family here. Wishing you H&H bumping.

Thank you so much. I am wishing you the same
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMessi(f): 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2017
FloraEC:

Ywc, I use an app. It calculates both your ovulation period, period date and when you're preggy you just click on I'm pregnant icon. It even have preggy forum, ttc forum and odas.

Wawooo! That's very good. Can you help me with the link(name) so that I can download it from Google Play Store.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMessi(f): 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2017
zaynie:

Congratulations and happy bumping! kiss

Thanks mummy Zaynie the tax collector, Kikikikikkikik

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2017
#Rant

That's how I couldn't sleep on Monday night, was having serious tummy pains that sleeping on my left was war. Hubby had to rush me to hospital the next day cos I was moaning crying. They did scan that I didn't plan to do yet, told me everything is fine and my baby's heartbeat was normal. That's singleton(and my tummy is already this big as if I'm 4mths gone). They didn't see any other thing cos I did abdominopelvic scan. They sent me to do malaria and infection test, hubby left. That's how I was jejely waiting for the result when the woman that sells moi moi came, I bought #300 own(3plates),poured it inside the jollof rice with turkey I came with and wolfly downloaded everything and used coke to settle it down.
No!! I wasn't feeling nauseous or anything close to it oo, I was just feeling myself and enjoying hospital ac. That's how this cleaner from no where decided to come and do her duty with water blessed with Izal and the smell was terrible. I tried controlling myself cos the food never do the work finish but NO my Henemies refused to lemme be, they gathered together against me, gnashing their teeth at me. I rushed outside and vomited my #300 moi moi and rice wey never digest smiley E no even stop there make I manage, when I entered inside, my tummy started rumbling, I went to the toilet in the reception(I for kukuma respect myself go up), finally my henemies had the last laugh cos the poop was singing a whole new song to the extent that the lady at the reception desk told me "Mrs F, ijikwana nsị gbaria toilet a oo, jiri nwayọọ". Embarrassment killed me, I feigned sickness that they gave me bed join, hubby even came to take me home and I didn't tell him what happened, and ehn!! they gave me TT injection that I didn't ask them for and my hand still dy pain me reach now.

#RantOver

Lemme kukuma come and open diayari again

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3908) (3909) (3910) (3911) (3912) (3913) (3914) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Thefarmer3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.