Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145653 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by julicoka(f): 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2013
idprincess: I lost my baby. Multiple fibroids. D doc didn't scan me before giving me injections to calm d pains. I went into premature labor twenty mins later and eventually passed out my baby while attempting to pee.I just finished having an evacuation today tuesday
eyaaa sorry dear,take heart God knows about it he will give u another one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
It is well with you IdPrincess,another will surely come.let not your heart be troubled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
Just crossed the Ist trimester hurdle,anyone there with me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
byvan: Just crossed the Ist trimester hurdle,anyone there with me?
almst tru wit d first trimester tooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:45am On Apr 04, 2013
hi everyone,

i promise to catch up a little later and read the post just wanted tto share what has happened to me since i last posted. I left the hospital on bp meds as my pressure was a little high. well i didnt feel right on monday so i checkd my bp it was 187/113 i took my meds and even doubled the dosage it did not go down, i called my DR she said go to the hospital and i did when i got their it went up further 202/130, they began to IV push meds into my system afraid i would have a stroke, heart attack or seizure at any moment. The med did not work enven maxed out on the dosage and my bp would not go down. Anyways they decided to do a cocktail of BP meds and it brought it down. Im sharing this because preeclamsia can happen up to 6 weeks after you deliver. I thank g-d im still here to share this story with you ladies and although my bp is not low right now it is still manageble and hopefully will be back to its original values soon enough and the meds im taking are helping out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2013
agiboma: hi everyone,

i promise to catch up a little later and read the post just wanted tto share what has happened to me since i last posted. I left the hospital on bp meds as my pressure was a little high. well i didnt feel right on monday so i checkd my bp it was 187/113 i took my meds and even doubled the dosage it did not go down, i called my DR she said go to the hospital and i did when i got their it went up further 202/130, they began to IV push meds into my system afraid i would have a stroke, heart attack or seizure at any moment. The med did not work enven maxed out on the dosage and my bp would not go down. Anyways they decided to do a cocktail of BP meds and it brought it down. Im sharing this because preeclamsia can happen up to 6 weeks after you deliver. I thank g-d im still here to share this story with you ladies and although my bp is not low right now it is still manageble and hopefully will be back to its original values soon enough and the meds im taking are helping out.

My God is good,,,,hang in there dear, it is well!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uyogabie(f): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2013
Take it easy Agi,hope you recover fast.@ pinkdaisy,it is well.Be strong.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hummingbird: almst tru wit d first trimester tooo

Nice meeting you there!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wendy80(f): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
It Can only be God and He's indeed Faithful....My EDD is 4th April.I went for my Anti-natal class on 21stMarch and was sent for a Scan same day.Scan result showed weight of Baby as 5.37.....I was immediately booked 4 C-Section on 23rd being Sat by 6am.
I arrived my Hospital on friday evening and exactly @ 11pm Labour started but had 2endure till morning.
@exactly 7.15 My Pretty LO came forth.......I Cant Thank God enough for this Special gift....

@Agi Congrats@Pink be Strong God will do it 4u..
@All U will all carry Ur LO 2 the Glory of God
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
byvan:

Nice meeting you there!!
same here swit
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 7:10am On Apr 05, 2013
Wendy80: It Can only be God and He's indeed Faithful....My EDD is 4th April.I went for my Anti-natal class on 21stMarch and was sent for a Scan same day.Scan result showed weight of Baby as 5.37.....I was immediately booked 4 C-Section on 23rd being Sat by 6am.
I arrived my Hospital on friday evening and exactly @ 11pm Labour started but had 2endure till morning.
@exactly 7.15 My Pretty LO came forth.......I Cant Thank God enough for this Special gift....

@Agi Congrats@Pink be Strong God will do it 4u..
@All U will all carry Ur LO 2 the Glory of God

Owwww,,wendy! wendy! wendy!,,,what the lord has done for us, we can not tell it, what the lord has done done for us, we can not tell it all, what the lord has done for ussssssssss, we can not tell it alllll, he saved us and he washed us with his blooddddd,,,,so we can shout haleluyah, we can shout haleluyah, we can shouttttt, praise the lord!
The lord is good, all the time,,,,we bless you father for this wonderful testimony,,,,we bless you God,,,thank you Jesus!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweettweet: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2013
congrats adetunrayo, agiboma, wendy and other new moms. May God bless ur LOs and keep mom safe and healthy.
@idprincess, God is ur strength. He will surely replace ur loss with a better one, amin.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Wendy,what a great testimony,i bless God for your life and the LO.Truly it can only be God almighty,we give Him all the praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hi ladies. If princess, sincerely sorry about your loss. I started getting cramps Wednesday evening. By the next morning they had intensified so I went to the hospital. As soon as the nurse finished checking my vitals, I got up and instant led felt a warm gush down my legs. Well, I had a miscarriage. Had an evacuation same evening. This is my second miscarriage in 5 months. I will be going in for tests next week but I could use some advice from ladies in the house. Agiboma, your account scared me a bit, but its good to know you are feeling better. Thank God they were able to bring your bp down. All the best ladies, and a safe delivery to all the pregnant ladies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
My lovely sister,AudreyI,accept my sincere sympathy,God will give you double for this loss...I'm so so sad to hear this,it is well.Please take heart and be strong.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by monie(f): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
@ all,seems like we are all going through something this week. Well I have good news, cuz am counting it all joy. I went for my 36wks appointment and was told to go for a scan,my bp was very high also, I was told my baby is 4pounds, and they have to induce me immediately as my bp was affecting him. I called my hubby,2hrs later I was in labour after they broke my water, my labour was fast thank goodness,I reacted badly to the epidural,it didn't work(labour is so painful good lord)
After 5hrs and 3 painful push my boy came out crying and screaming, he is doing fine,in NICU. Breathing on its own and trying to eat.
I will be discharged today,but I and hubby live close to the hosp thank God. They said a few days time he will be discharged. He is so hairy, can't wait to start weaving his hair. Thanks to all and I wanna encourage those who lost their babies, God is on the throne. It is very well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
@audrey and I'd princess,I'm so sorry for ur loss,u nid to rest for a bit before u consider taking in again,ur body has gone thru a lot,av u checked to see if u ave fibroids,cos I kno its sometimes causes miscariages if its located in d wrong place,and also wen u take in again,try to reduce ur stress levels,hope ur job dosnt entail too much wakabouting,and get urself asomeone to help around d house,if u don't av alredy,u will be the proud mothers of children IJN,children are gifts from God,and his gifts maketh rich and add no sorrows,kip reminding urselves and God bout his promises and he will not fail u

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
hi everyone i am feeling better im on BP meds and although its still a little high its under control, until it goes back to normal.
@monie CONGRATS on your LO!!!! my son was born early and spent time in NICU so i am hoping for a very short uneventful stay for your LO. I also lived in Calgary for a bit until i moved back to Toronto to be closer to my family, its actually very nice out west. i am glad they caught it in time and LO is doing well, next pregnancy you just need to make you OB aware that you had high BP in the last pregnancy and possibly baby was IUGR because of it

@Audrey and ID princess I am sorry for you loss i also had losses this last pregnancy was my 5th pregnancy and i only have 2 living children to show for it, but g-d is good and ever faithful. How many weeks where you when you lost the pregnancies if you dont mind me asking, thats important cause it can give insight to what the potential problem is? It looks like your antnatal care next time needs to be focused around keeping the pregnancy viable and you need to discuss this with your OB. If its a first trimester losses have them check your progeesterone levels, also next pregnancy try to have them check your hcg levels are doubelling accordingly. Now if its a second trimester loss then thats a little more complex it could be cervix related and that can be monitured by doing frequent cervix checks next pregnancy. I know the frustration and heartach of loss, but let me tell you g-d will restore your sorrow and give you joy in abundance!!!!!! My sister dont dismay you will hold your baby in this lifetime! (((hugs))
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2013
@monie congrats o,werr we dey com chop rice cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by monie(f): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
@tjskii nxt week we r throwing a small party in calgary canada,and then when I come nija the final one.
@agiboma my dear thanks ooo,he is ur LO? B4 my 36wks appointment have neva had any bp problems,so it was shocking to know I had it at all. I kinda knew my baby wld be small, until yestd that I had my baby ppl still didn't know I was pregnant, I was the only one feeling heavy. I am nt a food person,I neva had any cravings,I dnt like food, I struggled a lot. Kinda wished I was in nigeria sha,my mum wld have made all my favourites. He is doing well in NICU,he is so active,he doesn't eat much( am praying he is nothing like me foodwise).
Now am aware of this bp,will be very careful. Wish u were in calgary,we would have hooked up.kiss ur LO for me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 12:18am On Apr 07, 2013
@tjskii, marygold and agiboma: thank you so much for the kind words. Both my miscarriages were in the first trimester. The first was 9weeks while the second was 11weeks. With the second there was neither fetal pole nor heartbeat but with the second there was both fetal pole and heartbeat. But what I find curious is that both times, the sonographer found some free fluid in my pelvis which he said indicates an infection. First time it was there, immediately after the evacuation it was gone, now there's fluid again. I plan on having some tests run. Meanwhile I would really appreciate it if anyone can refer me to a good gynecologist around egbeda or Ikeja. And for those who have a bit of experience with miscarriages, what tests should I have? Thanks a lot everyone. Congratulations monie!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 12:25am On Apr 07, 2013
@tjskii: there were no fibroids detected. I find this whole thing weird because I conceived my first child without issues immediately after I got married, and the pregnancy was uneventful and without complications. Anyway I'm trying to stay positive about it all knowing that once he problem is detected and solved, I will have another baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2013
Congrats Monie!!there is nothing like going with your price after this dreary journey.God bless you and your little one.

@Audrey,so sorry for your loss.I have had two myself but I couldn't bother with tests because I already have two liVing babies.May the lord replace your loss,your child will come to stay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 8:19am On Apr 08, 2013
Audrey I: Hi ladies. If princess, sincerely sorry about your loss. I started getting cramps Wednesday evening. By the next morning they had intensified so I went to the hospital. As soon as the nurse finished checking my vitals, I got up and instant led felt a warm gush down my legs. Well, I had a miscarriage. Had an evacuation same evening. This is my second miscarriage in 5 months. I will be going in for tests next week but I could use some advice from ladies in the house. Agiboma, your account scared me a bit, but its good to know you are feeling better. Thank God they were able to bring your bp down. All the best ladies, and a safe delivery to all the pregnant ladies.
My dear, just believe that God will give you double for your loss,,,,,,and most importantly, keep saying it'' NO MORE LOSS'',,,it is well. Take heart!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 8:21am On Apr 08, 2013
monie: @ all,seems like we are all going through something this week. Well I have good news, cuz am counting it all joy. I went for my 36wks appointment and was told to go for a scan,my bp was very high also, I was told my baby is 4pounds, and they have to induce me immediately as my bp was affecting him. I called my hubby,2hrs later I was in labour after they broke my water, my labour was fast thank goodness,I reacted badly to the epidural,it didn't work(labour is so painful good lord)
After 5hrs and 3 painful push my boy came out crying and screaming, he is doing fine,in NICU. Breathing on its own and trying to eat.
I will be discharged today,but I and hubby live close to the hosp thank God. They said a few days time he will be discharged. He is so hairy, can't wait to start weaving his hair. Thanks to all and I wanna encourage those who lost their babies, God is on the throne. It is very well.
Monie dear, the lord is good all the time,,,no worry at all at all, all is well. Congrats dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 8:22am On Apr 08, 2013
tjskii: @audrey and I'd princess,I'm so sorry for ur loss,u nid to rest for a bit before u consider taking in again,ur body has gone thru a lot,av u checked to see if u ave fibroids,cos I kno its sometimes causes miscariages if its located in d wrong place,and also wen u take in again,try to reduce ur stress levels,hope ur job dosnt entail too much wakabouting,and get urself asomeone to help around d house,if u don't av alredy,u will be the proud mothers of children IJN,children are gifts from God,and his gifts maketh rich and add no sorrows,kip reminding urselves and God bout his promises and he will not fail u

Amen to that,,how are you sister?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
I dey o my sis,feeling so tired of being bloated and lookin lik a baby elephant,and na just wk 24 I dey*sigh*,wish I cud fastforward to labor day cheesy
Ow bout u,av they fixed d pumping machine and hope uve gotten my babyz things ready o cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 7:41am On Apr 09, 2013
Darling tjskii,,,me am 35 weeks today and will be going to see that my James Bond gyneo, i can't fit shout. Kpele, baby elephant grin grin grin,,,,24 weeks is a huge milestone dear, you are almost there.

The water issue has been sorted out jare and the baby things are coming in trickles,,,,i never knew the house could end up being so crowded with this baby stuff or that,,,all well,, it's increasing my excitement by the day as i look at them.. Do take care oh.

All the preggies,,,,,we are conquerors IJN.Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamondlove: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2013
Waves
Hello mamas n preggys *both bloated elephants n cute squirel* lol

Its bn like months hav bn here
My son is a handful, chai, so trouble some, well I call him sweet trouble.

Sorry for d ones dat lost, believe in God, and He will strengthen u
all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 10:44am On Apr 09, 2013
@diamond welldone o, cheesy baby elephants and cute squirels indeed,no worry in a couple of months time,u go come join us for here again
@pinky,kai u don nearly finish,lucky u,I'm green with envy here o grin
@my fellow preggies,owr u guys doing today,hope our babies are kicking cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by monie(f): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
Congrats wendy80 on the birth of ur LO, and thanks
@pinkdaisy. I hope u r ready for the biggest push of ur life? My little boy is doing great, always kicking his legs. Am just so obsessed with him already.
@byvan thanks, our God is awesome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
To really understand the feeling of acheivemnt of having a term baby i must first share teh birth of my son who was born very early in 2010. After many weeks of hospital bedrest and being diagnoised with preeclamsia, gestational diabetes and Incompetent cervix it had all come to a fitting conclusion on July 14, 2010 when i went into labor and the decision was made not to stop it because of all the complications i was facing. I was terrified of having my baby so early the neonatologist came in told me he had a 70% chance of making it, i burst into tears at this and was so incredibly upset.
A few hours later I gave birth to my son , when he was born their was no crying, he was taken away i did not see him so the neonate team can start to work on him after 5 minutes my sister went to see him and she said he was breathing with the ventilator. I got to see him a few hours later and he was the smallest thing i have ever seen, i cried i felt like such a failor seeing him suffer and not being able to carry him to term. Our NICU stay was 3 months filled with ups and downs @ 31 weeks he had surgery and that was very difficult time also. Finally around his due date in October 29, 2010 he was released and we went home to start our lives as a family. Today he is a happy and healthy 32 month old.
Fast forward to MArch 2013 and the birth of my little girl at 38 weeks. It was a scheduled csection and my pregnancy with my little girl was very uneventlful till the end. We got to the hospital at 6:30am for a 8:00 am scheduled csection was a little nervous but excited to have a full term baby and take a baby home this time around. The section went well when they advised i will feel pressure i certainly did and the next moment i herd my little girl screaming, i could not beleive it felt like a movie OMG i had a baby and herd its cry, it was so magical and wonderful at that moment my dream of carrying a child to term came true, it was wonderful and amazing. Her apgars where perfect, i got to hold her and see her right way it was all so great. I recovered well and was sent home a few days later only to return to the hospital as my blood pressure went up and was diagnoised woth post partum preeclamsia, im back home now recovering. I know this is very long but thanks for reading.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.