Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8130314 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
@ zenoj,hmmm,no be small thing o,nervousness is an understatement.God will see me through.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
Audrey_i,zenoj,@ all,went for the scan today!I shed tears of joy,my pregnancy is intact and I saw the heartbeat,Glory be to God,after 2 miscarriages and all the blighted ovum and empty sac news last year,I am now 9 weeks 3 days gone.Even the sonographer was happy this time around!I will hear the cry of my baby and hold my own come this october by the special grace of almighty God(ameen)

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
@marygold that is wonderful news congrats mommy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
@marygold: congratulations. our God is ever faithful. hello to all the ladies in the house. i trust we are all doing great.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hello ladies I'm 21wks along and for d past 2days iv been feeling a heaviness on my pelvic,as if d baby is kinda heavy for me to carry,most times I av to suport my belly wth my hands,is dis normal or shud I go see my doctor undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2013
tjskii: Hello ladies I'm 21wks along and for d past 2days iv been feeling a heaviness on my pelvic,as if d baby is kinda heavy for me to carry,most times I av to suport my belly wth my hands,is dis normal or shud I go see my doctor undecided

Well i would say go see a doctor and have a scan done if possible have them take a look at your cervix and possibly measure it, if they can.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zenoj: 7:26am On Mar 18, 2013
@marygol,all d glory be to God!!!He is ever faithful and able.He that started it is faithful to complete it.All will be well with u and the baby all thru this pregnancy IJN.Just drink loads of water n eat healthy n take enof rest dear.
@tjskii don't worry dear.D baby is just prolly more down there that's y u're feeling it that way.Ve felt the same way before.Ur baby won't be too heavy for u to carry full term by God's grace.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Thank u,agiboma and zenoj,God bless u
@marygold,so happy for you,the lord that has begun this good work in you,will complete it IJN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 11:28am On Mar 18, 2013
Good morning all,,hope everybody is doing fine,,me am okay.

Just checking on us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
Hello ladies. i'm kind of worried given my past mmc. i just dont feel pregnant. last ultrasound was at 7wks. actually measured 7wks 2days instead of 6wks 6days. i was told that's a good thing. its been two weeks since then and i have no pregnancy symptoms. i am worried sick. last week i had a bit of fever in the afternoons but that is gone. is this normal? even my bosoms are not tender, nothing!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 4:04am On Mar 19, 2013
@ Audrey I,the lord is your strenght,I had the same issue of disappearing of pregnancy symptoms from week 7,I came to this thread to complain,you were part of the sisters that gave me hope,infact I was almost dying of fear,I see other pple pregnant with symptoms,I was like God,w
What is my offence?if am going to have another miscarriage,that is the third one in 1year,pple and friends and even the whole world will laugh at me!My sister,naim I turn born again over night o,I gave my baby a name sharply,I started praying now and then,begging God to keep this one viable and give it heartbeat and life,infact it took me a whole courage to go see my gynae and complain to him that I no longer have preg symptoms,I can now cook without having odour issues,no more nausea,saliva,tiredness and sour boobs!his reply was God forbid",I am tired of doing evacuation on you,it will not happen this time around.He immediately sent me off for a scan!I got there with my hubby,come see me dey form good girl,I was virtually allowing people dat came after me to go in and have their scan,I was so nervous dat I did not want to go in.There and there I started feeling uneasy and na there vomitting start again.I went in,lay on the scanning bed,the normal,pull down a little and dear,the sonographer smiled and said something like"your pregnancy is doing fine"you are now 9weeks 3days gone and here is d heartbeat of your baby.he also went ahead to say,tell your husband u promised me a baby come oct 14th cos dats ur EDD,hmmmm,I no fit cry,I no fit laugh,I asked him to show me the pregnancy again and the heart beat n he pointed with his fingers on the screen,n I actually saw it shaking,and he said something like its 133 bpm I think beat per minute!I came down from the bed,said a little prayer and told God,I am most greatful this year!My sister,uptil this moment as I type,I don't have any pregnancy symptoms o,I'm about 10weeks gone now,no headache don worry me,I on all sort of drugs I call them life support ,duphaston,cyclogest,baby aspirin,vitamin C,folic acid and d rest and I was told to be on them till 15weeks!My story is long shey,but this is d edited version sef!in summary to all these long grammar,I just want to say...Have faith and trust in God,talk to him,tell him to have mercy on u,speak to your pregnancy,and note that all pregnancies are not the same,above all gather liver,go for a scan and u will see dat everything is fine!I'm with u in prayers too.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 4:04am On Mar 19, 2013
@ Audrey I,the lord is your strenght,I had the same issue of disappearing of pregnancy symptoms from week 7,I came to this thread to complain,you were part of the sisters that gave me hope,infact I was almost dying of fear,I see other pple pregnant with symptoms,I was like God,w
What is my offence?if am going to have another miscarriage,that is the third one in 1year,pple and friends and even the whole world will laugh at me!My sister,naim I turn born again over night o,I gave my baby a name sharply,I started praying now and then,begging God to keep this one viable and give it heartbeat and life,infact it took me a whole courage to go see my gynae and complain to him that I no longer have preg symptoms,I can now cook without having odour issues,no more nausea,saliva,tiredness and sour boobs!his reply was God forbid",I am tired of doing evacuation on you,it will not happen this time around.He immediately sent me off for a scan!I got there with my hubby,come see me dey form good girl,I was virtually allowing people dat came after me to go in and have their scan,I was so nervous dat I did not want to go in.There and there I started feeling uneasy and na there vomitting start again.I went in,lay on the scanning bed,the normal,pull down a little and dear,the sonographer smiled and said something like"your pregnancy is doing fine"you are now 9weeks 3days gone and here is d heartbeat of your baby.he also went ahead to say,tell your husband u promised me a baby come oct 14th cos dats ur EDD,hmmmm,I no fit cry,I no fit laugh,I asked him to show me the pregnancy again and the heart beat n he pointed with his fingers on the screen,n I actually saw it shaking,and he said something like its 133 bpm I think beat per minute!I came down from the bed,said a little prayer and told God,I am most greatful this year!My sister,uptil this moment as I type,I don't have any pregnancy symptoms o,I'm about 10weeks gone now,no headache don worry me,I on all sort of drugs I call them life support ,duphaston,cyclogest,baby aspirin,vitamin C,folic acid and d rest and I was told to be on them till 15weeks!My story is long shey,but this is d edited version sef!in summary to all these long grammar,I just want to say...Have faith and trust in God,talk to him,tell him to have mercy on u,speak to your pregnancy,and note that all pregnancies are not the same,above all gather liver,go for a scan and u will see dat everything is fine!I'm with u in prayers too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 4:07am On Mar 19, 2013
What is my offence?if am going to have another miscarriage,that is the third one in 1year,pple and friends and even the whole world will laugh at me!My sister,naim I turn born again over night o,I gave my baby a name sharply,I started praying now and then,begging God to keep this one viable and give it heartbeat and life,infact it took me a whole courage to go see my gynae and complain to him that I no longer have preg symptoms,I can now cook without having odour issues,no more nausea,saliva,tiredness and sour boobs!his reply was God forbid",I am tired of doing evacuation on you,it will not happen this time around.He immediately sent me off for a scan!I got there with my hubby,come see me dey form good girl,I was virtually allowing people dat came after me to go in and have their scan,I was so nervous dat I did not want to go in.There and there I started feeling uneasy and na there vomitting start again.I went in,lay on the scanning bed,the normal,pull down a little and dear,the sonographer smiled and said something like"your pregnancy is doing fine"you are now 9weeks 3days gone and here is d heartbeat of your baby.he also went

ahead to say,tell your husband u promised me a baby come oct 14th cos dats ur EDD,hmmmm,I no fit cry,I no fit laugh,I asked him to show me the pregnancy again and the heart beat n he pointed with his fingers on the screen,n I actually saw it shaking,and he said something like its 133 bpm I think beat per minute!I came down from the bed,said a little prayer and told God,I am most greatful this year!My sister,uptil this moment as I type,I don't have any pregnancy symptoms o,I'm about 10weeks gone now,no headache don worry me,I on all sort of drugs I call them life support ,duphaston,cyclogest,baby aspirin,vitamin C,folic acid and d rest and I was told to be on them till 15weeks!My story is long shey,but this is d edited version sef!in summary to all these long grammar,I just want to say...Have faith and trust in God,talk to him,tell him to have mercy on u,speak to your pregnancy,and note that all pregnancies are not the same,above all gather liver,go for a scan and u will see dat everything is fine!I'm with u in prayers too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 4:07am On Mar 19, 2013
What is my offence?if am going to have another miscarriage,that is the third one in 1year,pple and friends and even the whole world will laugh at me!My sister,naim I turn born again over night o,I gave my baby a name sharply,I started praying now and then,begging God to keep this one viable and give it heartbeat and life,infact it took me a whole courage to go see my gynae and complain to him that I no longer have preg symptoms,I can now cook without having odour issues,no more nausea,saliva,tiredness and sour boobs!his reply was God forbid",I am tired of doing evacuation on you,it will not happen this time around.He immediately sent me off for a scan!I got there with my hubby,come see me dey form good girl,I was virtually allowing people dat came after me to go in and have their scan,I was so nervous dat I did not want to go in.There and there I started feeling uneasy and na there vomitting start again.I went in,lay on the scanning bed,the normal,pull down a little and dear,the sonographer smiled and said something like"your pregnancy is doing fine"you are now 9weeks 3days gone and here is d heartbeat of your baby.he also went

ahead to say,tell your husband u promised me a baby come oct 14th cos dats ur EDD,hmmmm,I no fit cry,I no fit laugh,I asked him to show me the pregnancy again and the heart beat n he pointed with his fingers on the screen,n I actually saw it shaking,and he said something like its 133 bpm I think beat per minute!I came down from the bed,said a little prayer and told God,I am most greatful this year!My sister,uptil this moment as I type,I don't have any pregnancy symptoms o,I'm about 10weeks gone now,no headache don worry me,I on all sort of drugs I call them life support ,duphaston,cyclogest,baby aspirin,vitamin C,folic acid and d rest and I was told to be on them till 15weeks!My story is long shey,but this is d edited version sef!in summary to all these long grammar,I just want to say...Have faith and trust in God,talk to him,tell him to have mercy on u,speak to your pregnancy,and note that all pregnancies are not the same,above all gather liver,go for a scan and u will see dat everything is fine!I'm with u in prayers too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 4:09am On Mar 19, 2013

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 4:09am On Mar 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 8:13am On Mar 19, 2013
marygold: @ Audrey I,the lord is your strenght,I had the same issue of disappearing of pregnancy symptoms from week 7,I came to this thread to complain,you were part of the sisters that gave me hope,infact I was almost dying of fear,I see other pple pregnant with symptoms,I was like God,w

thank you for sharing this story, I also took cyclogest till i was 30 weeks it helps the baby to grow and mature well and avoid any bad things happening . Since i been taking it with my pregnancies i never had a loss again.
@Audrey marygold is correct some women dont have much cymptoms and they come and go so dont worry, for me i had no symtoms except being very tierd all the time, please tyr not to worry to much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2013
thankyou marygold and agiboma. i really want to do an ultrasound but i've been told having several US may not be safe in early pregnancy. i've had 2 already so i'm holding on till the end of the first trimester. looking into this cyclogest issue.
@marygold: your story is really inspiring. it cheered me up and made me laugh(the forming good girl part)anyway i know with faith that this baby is fine, and come october he/she will be delivered without any problems.
@agiboma: we are all still waiting with bated breath. you owe us a very very detailed birth story after the deed is done. i wonder why i cant get enough of these birth stories.

hello to all the other ladies here. who else is due in october apart from marygold and i?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 19, 2013
^^^^

Keep strong! The Lord is your strength smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by reliableGod(f): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
@all goodday, i did share my testimony at pregnant after trying TTC session, but i have been very strong off and on the hospital can't eat nor drink not even water but i thank God am back to the office after 3weeks of serious vomitting and unable to take in anything into my system. Thank God am 10weeks and somedays gone and my baby is doing great after d scan so @Marygold and Audrey I am also due for october my EDD is 9th october and we will all carry our bundle of joy come dis october in Jesus name and am so happy cos am october too. God bless everyone here cos u have been a source of inspiration in one way or the other cos i follow everything going on on dis trend everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
well i am still waiting ooo i have my csection scheduled for early next week, so wont be too much longer by his grace.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
agiboma: well i am still waiting ooo i have my csection scheduled for early next week, so wont be too much longer by his grace.

It's well! Wish you the best... Remain strong smiley

You will get there and we will be here popping champagne .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uyogabie(f): 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
agiboma: well i am still waiting ooo i have my csection scheduled for early next week, so wont be too much longer by his grace.
You shall testify IJN.amen.Wish everyone here safest delivery!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexyshe(f): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
My urine was tested and the result was trace of protein ,I don't understand what it means can someone pls explain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
sexyshe: My urine was tested and the result was trace of protein ,I don't understand what it means can someone pls explain
not very sure but I think protein in urine during pregnancy is one of the markers for pre-eclampsia(a hypertensive condition in pregnancy) other signs include fluid retension and migraines. what did your doctor say afterwards? cut down on your salt intake if you can by the way. cheers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
sexyshe: My urine was tested and the result was trace of protein ,I don't understand what it means can someone pls explain

Audrey is right now that is a sign of preeclamsia a very serious and deadly pregnancy related complication. Please dont take this lightly, we have shared stories of women that have died from this complication on this thread. On monday i also tested for trace proteins in my urine my BP was also slightly elevated, so my DR has me coming back in tommorrow and if BP is still high i will deliver right away and not wait for the 5 days remaining until my scheduled csection. Now here are some things to keep in mind and I want to know are you haveing any of the following symtoms:
1.) high bp
2.) blurred vision
3.) headaches
4.) pain in the right side of your chest, just under your breast
5.) swelling of the hands, feet or face
Those are all sign of preeclamsia, so please persue your Dr to run more test on you and if you are in Nigeria and close to 37 weeks or more then just deliver you right away. Your DR should runt he following test to start
1.) liver function test
2.) 24 hour urine to check the amount of protein in the urine
3.) also all the standard bun, urea, cratine kidney test
4.) platlet count
Preeclamsia affects so many organs and thats why multiple test are often needed to determine the severity of it. Now that i have scared you, lets talk about the good thing, it is possible to remain with only trace protein and not develop preeclamsia it can go either way really but to air on the side of caution please take it seriously. Good luck and keep us posted.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexyshe(f): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for your comment,but it did scare me,I am 29 weeks pregnant,my bp is 120- 80 anytime I go for antenatal,was told trace in the urine is ok aslong as my bp does not rise.I pray its nothing anyway,don't hav headache or blured vision but I do hav swollen feet.I was told to come back in two weeks time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
Don't worry,tis well with u,wen I was pregnant with my 1st kid,had protein in my urine too and feet swelling,I was simply told to cut down on my salt intake,and to keep my feet elevated,and not2stand for too long,and I had my baby witht further complications,so fear not,pre eclampsia is not ur portion IJN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 1:09am On Mar 22, 2013
sexyshe: Thanks for your comment,but it did scare me,I am 29 weeks pregnant,my bp is 120- 80 anytime I go for antenatal,was told trace in the urine is ok aslong as my bp does not rise.I pray its nothing anyway,don't hav headache or blured vision but I do hav swollen feet.I was told to come back in two weeks time.

Its good they are watching you closely and your bp is not that high. 120 (systolic)-80(diastolic) is ok the 80 is just borderline high. Here is the simple truth if the diastolic goes over 90 then it becomes a concern, and if it goes over 110 they usually deliver right away in my country. As a health care professional i am very nervous about pre eclamsia, having suffered from it in my first pregnancy and delivering my son very early. So anyways i have had trace since about 29 weeks im now 38 weeks and it has not changed, bp goes up and down but g-d has seen me through to have a full term baby this time, so its possible it does not progress and remain trace untill you deliver. I want you to be aware of how things can go a realistic overview. Moving forward i would even go in weekly just for them to check your bp and urine. Also depending on progression i would als do frequent scans and let the sonographer know you have high bp so he knows what to look for. My sister i dont want to scare you i just want you to be informed. I have seen to much of this pre eclamsia in Nigeria and the effects.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2013
Hello ladies. I read that omega oil capsules contain vit A which is risky for pregnancy. but I heard its just the oils gotten from the liver of the fish. please does anyone know how safe pregnacare omega 3 oil is? i have also heard some ladies say pregnacare may not be very safe. why is that? i've been using pregnacare. should i stop?

basically, i think we should discuss our prenatal vitamins so we all know what's safe and what's not.

marygold how are you doing? pop in and say hi.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2013
@aigboma,my sis I feel u,knowledge is power,had a friend who lost her baby due to preeclampsia,God in his mercies spared her life,realy don't kno y,but it seems cases of P-eclmpsia is on d rise,is it d age of d mothers,or eating habits,or workload,I wud realy lik to kno wat predisposes a female to this condition

@audrey,yes vit A in high levels isn't good for d baby,wen I was prgnt wth my 1st kid I used pregnacare original,but wth d 2nd baby I miscaried,I used d pregnacare omega 3,whil I was using it,I felt in myself that it was a bit much for my body to handle(mayb twas my imagination o)all I kno is dt I lost dt baby at bout 9wks,but wth my present pregnancy,I'm using just d pregnacare original,lik I used wth my 1st child and so far,no complaints,my doctor recomends pregnacare,but iv got a frend on folic acid and multivitamins,cos her doc says pregnacare isn't safe undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (6954) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.