Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124796 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by everfaithfulGod(f): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
missmalachi congratulatns on the arrival of ur prince. God bless and keep her safe.
hafsat24 happy bday dearie. u shall always ave cause to celebrate.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Terese69: 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
firsttymum:
Terese69

Ok na! no milk for u

First of all I'm going to assume u know the function of vit D and its relation to calcium.
Summary is u need vit D for d absorption of calcium
So that's where u see
Cod liver oil (Oga pata pata )
Kellogg's ( yes o) you'll see on their packs the content of vit D
Yoghurt , milk et al (ignore as u no dey take milk)
Fish (second Oga, but sadly can't remember d specific type sad )
Eggs ( inshort my mum sings eggs in my ears)

Fruits rich in calcium
Apple
Oranges
Dates ( can't remember d Hausa name) but aboki carry it on a tray, if don't look well u will think it's kola...... Very good for preggy mothers

Chai they use to make us cram these things in med school... But in America the list is long cos dey have all d fruits available.

Thanks Doc! At least I take a lot of oranges, eggs and fish. Will have to do better for the other sources. Didn't even know about apples.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Terese69: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2015
Doubledouble:
@Terese69,

The fish firsttymum is talking about is SARDINE...yes it is very rich in calcium, omega3 n vit D-needed for absorption as said by pp. Canned salmon with bones is also a good source of calcium. You have to try your best possible to consume natural calcium as much as you can cos it not only helps with healthy bones but also helps to regulate BP n prevent type 2 diabetes, wch is getting rampant in pregnancy now. Almonds are good too- though I dare not try that one!

All the best dear!

Thanks a lot. Developed juvenile arthritis cos of this my lactose problem sef but I try to do my best so I don't get more consequences that maybe even worse.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
missmalachi:
My wonderful E family, my princess that decided to join me in ember month arrived @ 4:15 pm weighing 3.4.

Bs later.
I still remain proudly team august.

Welcome princess.

Don't mind mom, you are a September baby smiley

Congrats ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by viviparity: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
missmalachi:
My wonderful E family, my princess that decided to join me in ember month arrived @ 4:15 pm weighing 3.4.

Bs later.
.congrat mama,may she be a source joy 2 ur family nd her generation

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Congrats @ missmalachi may she be a source of joy to the family. Hafsat24 happy birthday dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oriste(f): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Please mums do help out with my request for good hospital on Ajah lekki axis please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
@missmalachi, congratulations on the birth of ur Princess.
@hafsat24, happy birthday to u!
#teamseptember4supernaturalgrace

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
kendlez:

Wow!! Congrats dear. God be with u and ur LO kiss. Oya September mamas who is next in line? angry Start dropping sharp sharp. cheesy
My fellow team mates how una dey? The journey eh! sad am having this constant muscle pull on my legs that is so painful, it usually happens in the night or early mornings. Abeg experienced mamas any remedy? cry
#TeamOct

Sorry my teamie. Mine has stopped by his grace. I experienced it so badly for the past two months. mine was twisting my leg to a different direction the pain was so unberable that i thought it was something else. So later i discovered that standing on my feet immediately i felt it gave me a good relieve. U can try that too.

@missmalachi congratulations! May God be with you and your princess Amen

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithfulwife(f): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
Congratulations missmalachi, welcome to the world princess.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yipee!!! Dancing.I've got a birthday mate..I'm super happy cheesy

@stadora,a Niyyah..yess o..I'm rejoicing grin..I've got a birthday mate

@blessedtwins..twins ke cheesy..wen would I hv finished caring for this one I'm carrying.. Amen sha..if that's Gods will wink

@missmalachi..regards to my princess..pls let's see her face o..I'm her godmother number 1 oo

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bismick(f): 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hello everyone,iv been following this trend,and am happy to be a part of it.I am 19weeks preggy,and av not treated malaria.what do you think and what type of malaria drug do u think I shld take cos av not reg.for ANT.thanks a lot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
bismick:
Hello everyone,iv been following this trend,and am happy to be a part of it.I am 19weeks preggy,and av not treated malaria.what do you think and what type of malaria drug do u think I shld take cos av not reg.for ANT.thanks a lot.

Please mama register ASAP.
Your Dr will prescribe a suitable anti-malarial for you.
Happy bumping.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
bismick:

Go and register for antenatal immediately.
Oritse: I live in Lekki axis but I use Reddington in VI
Terese69: Increase the intake of those non lactose calcium sources ,I mean eat them like its going out of fashion since it seems you are already deficient .
Its is well with us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 12:05am On Sep 04, 2015
missmalachi:

Bs later.
Former teamie grin congrats. God bless our princess.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:29am On Sep 04, 2015
Doubledouble:

How high was your BP reading?? If high as said you should have your Dr check for any sign of protein in your urine or go for the Glucose tolerance test. Rest well...stay off fones, computers, tv, et al, n rest well. If the ringing/pounding, headache continues, hopefully not, go see your Dr immediately.

Just FYI, as it's not our portion in Jesus name, Amen. Watch out for signs of Pre-E:
Severe headache
Swelling
Rapid weight gain
Reduced urine output
Vision changes-this cld be like the back of your eyes ache or blurred for a sec
Dizziness

Like I said not our portion, but just cautionary.

Cheers
Amen to the prayers!thanks a lot ma'am I will continue been +ve.bp is 110/70.is it really high?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:36am On Sep 04, 2015
bismick:
Welcome n may u have a stress free preggie.ure my teammate I guess since ure 19 wks.I'm 21 weeks n was given first malaria prevention dose yestaday antenatal.go n register pls ur Dr will prescribe d right one for u.
#proudlyteamjanuary#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:39am On Sep 04, 2015
Congrats missmalachi!!!may God bless n keep her.quick recovery IJN.rest well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 1:44am On Sep 04, 2015
Congratulations on the arrival of your lovely princess. May she be a source of joy to your family. @ missmalachi

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 4:25am On Sep 04, 2015
MissOpe:
Good Afternoon Beautiful mamas happy new month to us all,
Issue...I'm 31+ weeks gone....#FTM#TeamOctober#
Welcome my team mate, na me be the team captain, have you paid your dues? When you pay, you revert back to me so I can put your name in the register. Am sure our sabi mama's have answered your kwestion. Happy bumping

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Doubledouble: 5:00am On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=tatacherie post=37649318]
Amen to the prayers!thanks a lot ma'am I will continue been +ve.bp is 110/70.is it really high?[

110/70 is okay! The Lord is your strength. Just feed well, rest n take things easy. Let's see if the dizziness/blackout stops.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 5:30am On Sep 04, 2015
Congratulations @ missmalachi

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 6:18am On Sep 04, 2015
Missmalachi congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 6:31am On Sep 04, 2015
missmalachi:

Bs later.

Congratulations dear, may Almighty God watch over her

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 7:11am On Sep 04, 2015
stadora:

pls can u gv me an example of skimmed milk, or u min all ds peak, loya, or real milk sold in d mkt?
Frisomom is d perfect skimmed milk 4 preg mothers. Contains lotsa calcium and eases constipation wink. Sending ds msg 4rm my hospital bed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 7:22am On Sep 04, 2015
missmalachi:

Bs later.
God is great!!!! Congratulations mama, it wsnt easy, buh twas worth it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2015
missmalachi:

Bs later.

Congrats Mama. May her presence usher in loads of blessings to your home.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MissOpe(f): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2015
ozycy:

Welcome my team mate, na me be the team captain, have you paid your dues? When you pay, you revert back to me so I can put your name in the register. Am sure our sabi mama's have answered your kwestion. Happy bumping
Thanks a bunch my able Class Captain, but how do I pay my dues? via D bank or ...Would be glad to join your team.....Good morning
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gtkay(f): 8:09am On Sep 04, 2015
ozycy:

I'm also 31weeks plus buh I'm praying to have her in November*winks*. #teamNovember
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gtkay(f): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2015
Good morning our able doctors.... What do I do to this ear pain... Been applying onoin juice buh it just relieves me for a while.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyomomo(f): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2015
missmalachi:

Bs later.
Congratulations dear, may she bring lots of joy and happiness to ur family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.